7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    If that photo-negative entropic embrace makes it into live I'll be so stoked! The contrast from peach tone to dark EE will be amazing looking. I just hope they finish it by making the hair turn to that more twilightish void color (as in WoW twilight magic, not sparkle vampires) that we see Alleria's change to as well.
    Yes I hope for this as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    They are certainly on their way, and maybe what they really need is just time. Time to be shown in the story over many patches/expansions and develop that missing lore backstory like other ARs had (especially Nightborne, I mean talk about lore!).
    A backstory is not necessary though. Unless the backstory somehow ties into the current story, I dont see the point in making one. The nightborne backstory was important to understanding how exactly they ended up in that position of addiction. But the void elves? Do we really need to know more about their past, aside from the fact that they were exiled for their ideals and followed Umbric in the shadows? It would be nice ofc, and maybe if they ever make Chronicles volume 4 they might dedicate a chapter to them, but in the actual game/ongoing story there are more interesting aspects about them than their past.

I would say right now what they need the most is more story development, especially for Umbric. I want to see more of him, he was very good in BfA. But again I am in no rush… it took them like 6 years to give lore development to the gnomes and trolls, so yeah.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's the perfect time to start, i f it works out well, couldn't we see the Kul'tirans getting human normal and thin human, while humans getting the kul'tiran bulkier type and thin model?

Nightborne/Night elf is a good start because it's teh same model essentially with just shaved down body mass and the gear fittings have already been done.

Night elves could have 3 body types:

Slim (modelled after the Nightborne) - great for highborne and caster /rogue types
    Normal (modelled after the regular night elf) - great for warrior/ animal druid/hunter types
    Ripped (modelled from the DH illidari) - great for meleers

but ultimately you choose, your body definition and size depends on you.

Nightborne coudl have 2 body types

Slim (normal nightborne)
    bulky (night elf normal model)
    Speaking of which I think it is unfair that only void elves have new customizations! the other allied races deserve a little love too!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    If there isn't a lore reason explaining the Void Elves new customization options it will become harder for Blizzard to deny Void Elves the customization options (e.g. hair-styles, ear-sizes, jewelry) they give to Blood Elves but at the same time it would feel unfair to Horde players if Blood Elves end up with less customization options than Void Elves.
    Blood Elves had more customization than Void Elves to begin with, and will continue to have more going forward in Shadowlands. But yeah I agree that whatever goes onto a Blood Elf would be harder to justify excluding from a Void Elf.

Sans the obvious things like Green/Gold Eyes or the golden ornamental jewelry/body jewelry/sun/phoenix themes.

I'm just excited to see people are going to now focus on requesting the things they want for their 'toy' without trying to keep heckling others for want they want for their own 'toys'.

Blizzard did the common parental tactic of 'let's just get them both their own each so they stop fighting with each other!'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Speaking of which I think it is unfair that only void elves have new customizations! the other allied races deserve a little love too!
    The statement of 'no improved customizations for AR' died the moment we datamined KT options on regular humans, same for Mechagnome options on regular Gnomes.

Ion even went from 'no right now' about it to 'not at release of Shadowlands.' This news story blows it even more out of the water.

So hang tight! They're coming!

Green eyes and paladins for Velfs! They're the same race, right? Tee hee.
    Normal skin tone elves on the Alliance. Finally. I still cant believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Oh no no no. This would get into Tom Cruise laughing potential if Void Elves were given that color!! LOL can't have that happening

There's already loads of people commenting the way @Varx used to do: If they give Alliance their High Elves, what will Horde get in exchange?!

Well except people tweaked it and are saying "If Alliance are getting blood elf skins what are Horde getting in exchange?!"

People have already been answering that question with, "you got your blue eyes lul"

- - - Updated - - -

Druid for Blood Elves and Paladins for Void Elves? Agree with that!
    That meme is single-handedly the best meme on the internet. Tom Cruise ftw!

Shadowlands is looking good eh :>

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This. The next request should be about lore.

Unfortunately, Shadowlands is shaping up to be pretty thin on Azerothian/mortal lore.

Maybe we can get something from the Shadows Rising book, but I won't hold my breath. The Alliance feels tackled on that plot and I think we will just get Alleria/Sylvanas exposition, with very little done for the void/high elves.
    Yeh, given SL setting, I don't think we are gonna get much VE/HE lore, but indeed with the timing of this reveal and Shadows Rising, I wanna hope there's gonna be something about VE that addresses this.

And if the theories that the time jump is going to be a thing post SL, would be pretty neat if we get the set up of VE and HE joining forces in Shadows Rising, and the repercussions of it when we return, with a more integrated thalassian exiles society.

i'm surprised at discord high elf are there angry people? someone else saw this?

No merge as far as we know. Only textures shared between them. But I think the ear options will be implemented for void elves, as it's pretty simple to do so.
    That would be fun tbh; cause yeh, would be kinda easy to make Kalecgos with a VE model with the blue hair and all hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Many of the happy people were disguised as the former of those. Now is when their feathers are revealed. Until they realize what race they're actually playing.
    Varx, technically they'd be playing HIGH ELVES.

Just like on the dwarf screen, while the starting is Bronzebeard, if you roll a tattooed one, you are doing a wildhammer - Danuser said they weren't going to give each group it's own starting sequence, too much work, so they're just giving the customisations, and if that's what you are, character start narrrative has no authority to determine that you are a tattooed bronzebeard dwarf because you start in Dun Morogh. You're a wildhammer if you say you are with those tattoos.

So effecitvely you will be a high elf, it's just high elf without the song and dance. But ofc, when it comes to elves, people suddenly forget that blizzard has done this with other races, and somehow start imagining it is different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Only if they give Blood Elves a red colour to their Light spells. I miss that with Seal of Blood. :<
    If they ever go with class skins, i do hope the Paladins get this one, also another one were spells look like they are Anshe themed (for our friendly Taurens)

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    There's already loads of people commenting the way @Varx used to do: If they give Alliance their High Elves, what will Horde get in exchange?!

Well except people tweaked it and are saying "If Alliance are getting blood elf skins what are Horde getting in exchange?!"

People have already been answering that question with, "you got your blue eyes lul"
    Heh, it's funny, because the main request to oppose high elves was to give blood elf blue eyes to end the discussion. So they got what they wanted.

If, instead, they were asking for ogres, eredar, human pirates, Nathanos-like undead, or whatever instead of opposing the high elf request...
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm surprised at discord high elf are there angry people? someone else saw this?
    Well... for some people this is a half-assed measure, cause they are still Velves, but still there's many other happy with the addition.

Can't please everyone. There's people complaining on both sides, but the majority is happy, that's what matters.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Varx, technically they'd be playing HIGH ELVES.

Just like on the dwarf screen, while the starting is Bronzebeard, if you roll a tattooed one, you are doing a wildhammer - Danuser said they weren't going to give each group it's own starting sequence, too much work, so they're just giving the customisations, and if that's what you are, character start narrrative has no authority to determine that you are a tattooed bronzebeard dwarf because you start in Dun Morogh. You're a wildhammer if you say you are with those tattoos.

So effecitvely you will be a high elf, it's just high elf without the song and dance. But ofc, when it comes to elves, people suddenly forget that blizzard has done this with other races, and somehow start imagining it is different.
    At least they could add some NPCs in the capitals who say in a short text that they now joined the horde or the alliance.
    Put a sand troll on the Echo Islands that says they have always been allies of the Zandalari and now fight alongside the horde. I would like to see auric in silvermoon saying that the children of silvermoon are united

Blizzard should do these styles now for a Farstrider customisation for blood elves - the alliance version can be blue, silver and purple themed, the horde version have red, brown, gold, black and green colours for the tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post

Elves, and have a different feel to the "majestic" blood elves. With a new idle stance to create a new silhouette, these would make an excellent Allied Race.

Customization Options

Official Warcraft III Concept Art & Alleria Windrunner (Wacraft II era High Elf Ranger):

These are "Bird Style" hairdos that fit the one Blood Elf hairstyle of this type we have in game. These are less "out there" than the 80's hair shown below and might fit better with the style of the game.

Skin Tones

Battle Scars! High Elves have been constantly on the move with no city of their own, fighting for every scrap of ground and constantly struggling to survive. These are subtle enough to not be distracting and give a slight variation from the oh-so-pretty Blood Elves.

Faces by @Jokubas

Hair Styles by @Jokubas

1. Rangers from Warcraft II

The High Elves of Quel'danil Lodge have expanded their home and rallied the High Elves from other lands to their banner.

@Rhlor - now I want this for available for Blood elves - farstrider look.

Can't please everyone. There's people complaining on both sides, but the majority is happy, that's what matters.
    muh blond paladin !!!

I am hopeful we will see for nightborne what we saw for void elves. and some exchange

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Blizzard should do these styles now for a Farstrider customisation for blood elves - the alliance version can be blue, silver and purple themed, the horde version have red, brown, gold, black and green colours for the tattoos

@Rhlor - now I want this for available for Blood elves - farstrider look.
    I want the ranger and arcane tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard will also add high-elf eyes like Vereesa's.
    TBH I think HE's are going to lose their old eyes and use one of the new ones; the new "HE blue" eye looks like the make HE eye currently in game, so they might try to make them look the same and in the latest build we saw the DR NPC eye color being added, but no sight of that version of the high Elf eye; so I do think we might be losing that eye from the NPC's rather than that eye color being made playable.

Probably will have to wait until next built to see what eyes are the HE NPC's using now.