1. #18001
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm happy. My character can look more like I envisioned her.

    I still want more lore. And I hope we get more hairstyles and tattoos when the time comes for allied race improvement later.

    I feel a little for those who wanted to play paladins, but I always thought them unlikely even for high elves.

    But adding these skins now is a true compromise and I'm really excited about it.
    DeicideUH, you were one of the very first ones here and on the official forums to point out that this was probably the direction Blizzard would go. You always had well reasoned arguments, and it looks like you were right! Congrats.

  2. #18002
    For anyone who doesn't get how High Elves could be with the Void Elves:

    In Telogrus Rift, there are a number of High Elves (and Blood Elves) training to harness the void. They aren't voided over and just like Alleria, they probably won't be, since the Void Elves we've been playing up until now were the result of a very specific event that changed them forever. It makes sense that any Void Elves after that won't necessarily look the same since they haven't been exposed to the same circumstances.

  3. #18003
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This isn't bait because I'm not trying to rile people up.

    People are riled up all on their own and I'm merely observing it and announcing that it amuses me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

    Moving on

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It was just an excuse to oppose alliance getting playable high elves, because the blood elves on the horde were distinct and very beautiful, beautiful aesthetics, magical fantasy, civilizaiton, and once their hearts switched to it, they jealously guarded it only for the horde. There was no logical reason in any of the arguments - like "number of high elves too low" and population imbalance the only substantial argument at first, lost a lot of credibility in later expansions based on player behaviour, and essentially defunct on the introduction of void elves.

    But this is not the first time such bogus arguments are used by people. In the classic game frame i.e. classic-wotlk, the same mentality produced the arguments that hybrids shouldn't be allowed to do dps like pures - it was rubbish, and a pure "i don't want your class to get buffed over mine", the major argument of the day against competitive dps for hybird classes was that "it would make pures obsolete" - which is the daftest thing possible, but players really believed that. I remember trying to argue that it is playstyle and fun factor that ultimately determines a classes playability. As for taking someone to a raid, it's player skill that should be the determination, but if you gave each class a useful utility everyone would be welcome provided they put out the same output.

    Guess what in WotLK, GCs bring the player not hte class was implmented, the biggest change for that was hybrids getting competitive with so called pures - proving that argument was defunct.


    Now some horde fans are arguing that night elves shouldn't have or wield arcane magic or get cities at all - because.. <insert another new slew of bogus reasoning>, which is basically a front for, "i like that blood elves have arcane magic and pretty elven cities, so alliance elves shouldn't get it. When nightborne came in, clearly a night elven group, this was promptly ignored in favour of distancing nightborne from night elf as if to say, highborne, Suramar, arcane magic, none of that is night elven (except they clearly all are), so night elves shoudln't have highborne (but they always have and already do as playable) and shouldn't have cities (they were introduced with a capital in wow, and their WC3 lore introduction told that they had a global wondrous empire the legion destroyed which is why they were in the no arcane phase - at least for that group of night elves). Yet the introduction of the night elf mages, unification of the night elven arcane and nature groups is ingored or severly downplayed because supposedly night elves should only be about living in forests and trees and ruins - and having anything else is supposedly damaging the night elves and not being very night elven (completely ignoring the night elven lore) (but essentially saying "no, cool magic and pretty cities is for our elves, you can't have it"
    I cannot agree with the comparison. For one, the night elves already had lore which justified them getting mages and practicing arcane magic and the like. Lte alone it is a class, it is not a part of the overall theme for the night elves. Where as in the case of the blood elves, all the lore has currently been built with them being on the horde and being distinctly different from the high elf people. It helps to define factions, both in their appearance and what they offer.
    People opposed high elves because they want distinction to remain.
    I go to the alliance if I want to play a worgen, but when we water things down for the void elves why should we stop there?
    If all that matters is pleasing people aesthetically, then there really is no need to have the faction boundaries at such a point bcause what makes them distinctive design wise has been completely removed.


    Hence, why I would oppose high elves just as I would oppose worgen on the Horde.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    For anyone who doesn't get how High Elves could be with the Void Elves:

    In Telogrus Rift, there are a number of High Elves (and Blood Elves) training to harness the void. They aren't voided over and just like Alleria, they probably won't be, since the Void Elves we've been playing up until now were the result of a very specific event that changed them forever. It makes sense that any Void Elves after that won't necessarily look the same since they haven't been exposed to the same circumstances.
    Errr...what about their racials though? Those generally tend to be ingrained for the VE's in particular.

  4. #18004
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Errr...what about their racials though? Those generally tend to be ingrained for the VE's in particular.
    Their void form racial would probably just work the same way it does for Alleria, but on smaller scale, is what I'm assuming.

  5. #18005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you rollback some posts im pretty sure you can find people pro-high elf saying void elves are not rly high elves, but blood elves who are not high elves, so they should do another allied race
    It is kind of awkward implementing new races through customization options but this is how they intend to do it. This is how they intend to go forward with the allied race concept. Allied races were kind of narrow and had limited customization on their own but they were meant to expand player customization.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Arcane torrent doesn't really work well for blood elves either.

  6. #18006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Their void form racial would probably just work the same way it does for Alleria, but on smaller scale, is what I'm assuming.
    Yeah but Alleria is a void elf as well remember? Of course, this does grant people to possibly use high elves as an origin story. We'll see what happens in SL.

  7. #18007
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,706

    Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This at least show that HE are not a thing anymore, BE is the future of the HE race, you can get the same color with void elves who came form BE
    that's where you're wrong kiddo



    The future of High Elves is, and has always been, with the High Elves. And now Allies can play High Elves who join the Ren'dorei and have the historical High Elf Alliance hero Alleria as their leader.

    There is no need to be upset.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  8. #18008
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Yeah but Alleria is a void elf as well remember? Of course, this does grant people to possibly use high elves as an origin story. We'll see what happens in SL.
    Yeah, but Alleria by default looks more like a regular High Elf, unlike the currently playable Void Elves. She isn't really a Void Elf the same way they are. She can harness the void and enter a void form, they are stuck looking the way they do because that incident that turned them into blueberries is irreversible.

    Which is where the High and Blood Elves being trained by the first Void Elves come in. They didn't experience that incident, so they remain uncorrupted, albeit capable of harnessing the void like a regular void user would, I suppose.

  9. #18009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    that's where you're wrong kiddo



    The future of High Elves is, and has always been, with the High Elves. And now Allies can play High Elves who join the Ren'dorei and have the historical High Elf Alliance hero Alleria as their leader.

    There is no need to be upset.
    I really hope this is not just an aesthetic change and we actually get lore repercussions that include the High Elves.

  10. #18010
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    that's where you're wrong kiddo
    i don't think im wrong boomer, high elves can became and transform into void elves, denying their heritage and past, in prol of void powers, just like people said they would never do

    The future of High Elves is, and has always been, with the High Elves. And now Allies can play High Elves who join the Ren'dorei and have the historical High Elf Alliance hero Alleria as their leader.
    but where lies the high elf thematic? their people? their homeland? most of their characters? and consequent, their story? isn't with the ren'dorei as far we know, quel'thalas is over there.

    There is no need to be upset.
    and who is? there is no need to distort things

    the point is how things will finaly come to an end.

  11. #18011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I am fucking LIVID that BLOOD ELVES get the high elf eye color. High elves are not a part of the horde! Now all those retarded high elf horde RPers get to live their fucking stupid ass dream of "I just decided to join the horde" like bitch what. Oh yeah, High elves would totes rejoin with their blood elven brethren in the horde... the same horde that genocides over and over. The same horde that saw Nathanos lead a fucking massacre of the high elves of Quel'Lithien Lodge. Oh yeah, they're real hyped to join those murderous maniacs.

    All this, and I could let it slide of void elves got the high elf skin colors and blue eyes so at least there, "high elves are technically playable on alliance now".

    Edit: Wait, did they get the coloration? The front page confused me for a moment. The "new void elf options" thing has most of them in blood elf underwear models so I assumed those are blood elf??
    This is so messy dear lord.

  12. #18012
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    20,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I am fucking LIVID that BLOOD ELVES get the high elf eye color. High elves are not a part of the horde! Now all those retarded high elf horde RPers get to live their fucking stupid ass dream of "I just decided to join the horde" like bitch what. Oh yeah, High elves would totes rejoin with their blood elven brethren in the horde... the same horde that genocides over and over. The same horde that saw Nathanos lead a fucking massacre of the high elves of Quel'Lithien Lodge. Oh yeah, they're real hyped to join those murderous maniacs.

    All this, and I could let it slide of void elves got the high elf skin colors and blue eyes so at least there, "high elves are technically playable on alliance now".

    Edit: Wait, did they get the coloration? The front page confused me for a moment. The "new void elf options" thing has most of them in blood elf underwear models so I assumed those are blood elf??
    Yeah! How could *they* do *that thing *?!?!???

    It's an outrage.

  13. #18013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yeah! How could *they* do *that thing *?!?!???

    It's an outrage.
    But is the outrage enough to fuel this thread the rest of the way to 1000 pages?

  14. #18014
    My velf himbo is going to look so good in those new belf skin tones.

  15. #18015
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    *Nice; there are a lot of us who enjoy the Ren'dorei. Speak for yourself!
    I am one of them, yes.

    I like the void aesthetic of my void elf and I will keep them that way. Now, at least we'll see who actually likes Void Elves and doesn't just consider them consolation prizes/fill-ins for High Elves.

  16. #18016
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    DeicideUH, you were one of the very first ones here and on the official forums to point out that this was probably the direction Blizzard would go. You always had well reasoned arguments, and it looks like you were right! Congrats.
    Thanks! I'm still amazed at them giving us all the blood elf skin tones, really. I was expecting some "almost normal" options for void elves, but giving the full spectrum of blood elf skins? That's way more than I ever expected!
    Whatever...

  17. #18017
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Ion Hazzaritkiss is a bit of a sociopathic type, dontcha think?
    isn't like the devs can rethink and change their decisions along the way if it make sense

    This is what make Ion "good" to an extend

  18. #18018
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This isn't bait because I'm not trying to rile people up.

    People are riled up all on their own and I'm merely observing it and announcing that it amuses me.

    "But you're still gonna' be a void elf kekeke.'

    Anti-helfer's looking like this rn:

    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-28 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  19. #18019
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    "But you're still gonna' be a void elf kekeke.'

    Anti-helfer's looking like this rn:
    in contrast you could say
    "you are not a high elf, youa re just a blood elf with blue eyes"
    "i am a high elf!! it doens't matter if i became purple in the fight!! or have void powers and tentacles, it don't matter if the name behind me is not high elf, im still high elf!!!"

    --- snip ---


    at this points the splinters between the groups, will be just for giggles now
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-28 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

  20. #18020
    Hopefully, we get like a 10 year time shift after SL where the Void Elves have built up Telogrus Rift into a proper settlement. They deserve more than one long camping trip into the rift.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •