Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that would not be fucked up bugged? so many names for the same race? if isn't something just as a tittle.
    It's no different than what we have now?

We currently have two completely different races within the game files, "Dwarf" and "Dark Iron Dwarf". What would change isn't the number of files, but rather the location of these options on the character creation screen.

You still have "Dwarf" (though I'd specifically change their name to "Bronzebeard Dwarf") and "Dark Iron Dwarf", still treated as entirely separate races with their own textures, emotes, voice packages, racial traits, etc.; rather than being listed as two separate races on the character creation screen, however, all of these options are located under the umbrella of "Dwarf".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm just saying that you should temper your expectations and to be happy with what you're given.

After Void Elves were introduced, you didn't truly think they'd make Blood Elves, Void Elves and High Elves all a separate race, right?

Now that both Void Elves and Blood Elves can look like High Elves, 0.0001% of chance that playable High Elves would ever be a thing has turned to 0%.
    Shiet all these names... Can't we just color-code them or something for clarity? Maybe versioning even.

Light purple elves
    Pink elves
    Blue elves
    Purple elves

Or or... Elves v1.0, v1.1, v2, v2.01a

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    But is your elf HIGH???
    She's a master of Darkspear Herbalism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If Dark Irons, Lightforged, Mag'har and Highmountain didn't have distinct racials, or were introduced as playable only now, rolling them into their base races would be no issue.
    Also, with how much they've overhauled character creation. Who's to say that racials will stay as they are? Maybe one day we could pick/customize racials!

Anyone notice that suddenly the Alliance effectively have the entire Blood Elf race, except with a higher starting level and better racials than their actual faction get? Blizzard's damn Horde bias again.

Shiet all these names... Can't we just color-code them or something for clarity? Maybe versioning even.

Light purple elves
    Pink elves
    Blue elves
    Purple elves

Or or... Elves v1.0, v1.1, v2, v2.01a
    Simple.

Best Elves
    Hentai Elves
    Discount Best Elves
    Cracker Elves but red
    Cracker Elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Also, with how much they've overhauled character creation. Who's to say that racials will stay as they are? Maybe one day we could pick/customize racials!
    I can see that happening down the line tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Anyone notice that suddenly the Alliance effectively have the entire Blood Elf race, except with a higher starting level and better racials than their actual faction get? Blizzard's damn Horde bias again.
    Well, practically speaking they got a body texture.

Horde still get to keep green and gold eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance does not get fel eyes... Talk about Horde favoritism right there.

My Warlock yet again will have to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Horde still get to keep green and gold eyes.
    And (for now, it seems) blonde hair, all blood elf hairstyles, the racials, the underwear (Blizzard has already said Void Elves with High Elf skins will get Void Elf underwear)

In essence, what they get are blue eyes (which Blood Elves were also given) and blood elf body textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elves do get purple eyes, though.

Which is pretty bueno.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey I was just talking about people saying this yesterday, funny to see it here now!

But nah Blood Elves still keep some uniques y'know!

- - - Updated - - -

Might wanna see Sylvanas, she's known to want to free people from torment..I think?

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elves do get purple eyes, though.

Which is pretty bueno.
    Shades of blue, purple, violet eyes? Hell yes I'm all for it!

Shades of blue, purple, violet eyes? Hell yes I'm all for it!
    Now we just need some freaky Old God eyes, mwahaha.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I am not 100% on the lore but there are posts in here that debate this. From what I've read the Holy high elves joined the Hand AFTER the Blood Knights (and in Silvermoon there weren't any paladins to begin with).

Again this doesn't go against the lore because you are still playing a VOID ELF: it's now a political thing instead of solely the new biological subrace. Why would a high elf paladin join a void faction?
    I wasn't... saying anything about Void Elf Paladins? I only responded to the "no high elf paladin" comment.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

After sleeping for the night, I’m still hyped for this. Void elves being purple was one of the biggest WoW disappointments I experienced. If this is all we get, I’m happy! But I really hope void elves get light hair colors too. Silver, white, and blue would be amazing and still keep them separate from the blood elves gold and red hairs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now we just need some freaky Old God eyes, mwahaha.
    Like these ones?

I'd be down!!

I don't think they do, unless an entire race is boiled down to eyecolor and hairstyle. The blood elves very much have their own style and flavour, background and lore. In a "dead giveaway" way, when picking specific transmogs, faction affiliation and tooltips are the only things that differentiates blood elves from void elves as things stand now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    After sleeping for the night, I’m still hyped for this. Void elves being purple was one of the biggest WoW disappointments I experienced. If this is all we get, I’m happy! But I really hope void elves get light hair colors too. Silver, white, and blue would be amazing and still keep them separate from the blood elves gold and red hairs.
    Yes I agree!!! Silver/white/blue would be fine options. Frostfencer Seraphi has the light blue hair, would be nice to get!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I don't think they do, unless an entire race is boiled down to eyecolor and hairstyle. The blood elves very much have their own style and flavour, background and lore. In many ways, when picking specific transmogs, faction affiliation and tooltips are the only things that differentiates blood elves from void elves as things stand now.
    For some people, an entire race was boiled down to a skin tone spectrum. Thankfully they're no longer around.

People are going to be able to make so many good transmogs Alliance side. What with all the blue/gold colors that Alliance has
    I came up with some nice ones for a male Void Elf mage I have!

Granted I don't know what the hair style and color options will be exactly when they go live, but for now those placeholders will do.

For some people, an entire race was boiled down to a skin tone spectrum. Thankfully they're no longer around.
    I won't argue the fact that certain skin tone accessibility is nonsensical to see in Warcraft, but that's coming purely from a lore and storytelling point of view. Then again, Blizzard hasn't shown much consistency when it comes to their own lore.

World of Warcraft is in a creative free-for-all as things stand now and the lore has taken the backseat.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving seeing all the comments on the wowhead post about the news, "finally High Elves are playable!!!" just goes to show how big a part aesthetics plays to the majority of players.

No one cares about the details like Blood Elf/Void Elf racials or Dwarf/Wildhammer racials. Because the bigger thing is how your character is going to look when you're afking in the capital hub all day!

Finally, this deviant obsession with blue-colored blood elves may end. Thanks, Blizzard.