Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    we need questlines where a Blood Elf guy tells you to kill some Human/Draenei for "stealing" his Blood Elf girlfriend
    But then you find out it was actually Taurone that stole their girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Quel'Thalas has no king. Quel'Thalas needs no king.
    True.

It would be Queen Windrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    The description of blood elves calls them high elves. The devs state they are high elves.
    I cannot understand this insistence on refusing what has been reiterated over the past 15 years on the blood elf title being a title.
    No, Blood Elves and High Elves aren’t the same. Every Blood Elf player traipsing around as a Quel’dorei is role playing just as hard as their Void Elf counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But then you find out it was actually Taurone that stole their girlfriend.
    No...make it an orc!

So, after this im still waiting for:

- New Void Elf hair colors and no tentacles;
    - void elf racials for high elves;
    - Dark ranger costumizations;
    - Sunstrider tattoos for both sides.

Also: straight back for male trolls, worgen and undead would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Covenant View Post
    No, Blood Elves and High Elves aren’t the same. Every Blood Elf player traipsing around as a Quel’dorei is role playing just as hard as their Void Elf counterparts.
    You can believe they aren't the same, but when the devs say they are the same, and the game says they are the same, then they are the same.
    Blood elf is purely a title, it doesn't reflect anything else besides honoring the dead. At the fundamental level, they're still a high elf and can be rp'ed as such.
    Plus, Danuser said he can now RP being a high elf on the Horde.

If that, plus every other bit of lore still has you shaking your head, then, well, Kevin bacon wasn't in foot loose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    How dare you be so reasonable!!

I think in the end we do need to concentrate on getting some of the things we wanted. It's true not everyone got exactly what they wanted but at least the begging for alliance high elves will finally stop.
    Yes I agree! No more needing to ask for Alliance High Elves as they've finally happened

Now, like every player does for their favorite race options, the focus going forward is asking for more customization options. Feels good to get over a large hump!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I don't see it that way. For two years I've been told that Void Elves weren't good enough and the reason I was given was that they weren't the Silver Covenant and that they COULDN'T be the High Elves desired because they were messing with dangerous void magics and real high elves wouldn't use that kind of magic. Now, Void Elves get those normal skin tones. And hallelujah, what a surprise, it turns out that them not being the Silver Covenant and that they are still up to their eyeballs in void magic counts for nothing.

Wrong? This is vindication. It really was all about the skin tone all along. If the complaints regarding the lore, the complaints of substance were true, the people looking for high elves would be rioting. That they aren't proves Void Elves as a concept were always fine, it was merely the look.

But the end result holds. A stand alone high elf allied race that can be a Paladin isn't happening. What the Alliance has is what it has always had, Void Elves.
    In recent month more helfers were already getting themselves prepared for the possibility that they'd never get playable High Elves. They started trashing Void Elves less and getting on the 'lighter' skin tones for Void Elves campaign. They were already leaving the lore behind. I guess everyone is capable of changing their tune.
    I'm just very happy Blood Elves will be getting blue eyes.
    Blood Elves are High Elves!

3+ Year Old Account
    Auric's sunchasers is a reference to Charlie's angels. Auric himself never formed such a group. Last we saw, he was at the Sunwell wanting the high elves an blood elves to re-unifiy.
    But then again what does the name "Auric" from it imply? Why change it to that from Jaina's Angels?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

We don't need to keep asking for High Elves anymore.

This is the best case scenario for all parties. Essentially, both factions get "High Elves" in some form, which to me - is a win-win all round.
    Also, I was strongly against High Elves being an actual race as I think they would take up a slot from something that's actually interesting, but also - to compensate another Alliance "Blood Elf" model, the Horde would need a Horde "Night Elf" model race and we simply don't have them.
    No, this is the best case scenario and I'm really happy with it. We need to drop this debate now. It's time to move on. They are coming to both factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Honestly if I want to play the real high elf, base blood elf is still a better option for me.
    That's always been the case
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    But then again what does the name "Auric" from it imply? Why change it to that from Jaina's Angels?
    Jaina is a chick.
    Auric is a dude.
    Charlie was also a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yes I agree! No more needing to ask for Alliance High Elves as they've finally happened

Now, like every player does for their favorite race options, the focus going forward is asking for more customization options. Feels good to get over a large hump!
    Well that's just sad.

The reality is the Horde already has High/Blood Elves and the alliance still only has Void Elves.

I really have little respect for anyone asking for more customization to allow Void Elves to look more like Blood Elves.

Too bad the topics will still go on despite Blizz giving alliance players a compromise TWICE.
    Blood Elves are High Elves!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    We don't need to keep asking for High Elves anymore.

This is the best case scenario for all parties. Essentially, both factions get "High Elves" in some form, which to me - is a win-win all round.
    Also, I was strongly against High Elves being an actual race as I think they would take up a slot from something that's actually interesting, but also - to compensate another Alliance "Blood Elf" model, the Horde would need a Horde "Night Elf" model race and we simply don't have them.
    No, this is the best case scenario and I'm really happy with it. We need to drop this debate now. It's time to move on. They are coming to both factions.
    We should drop it but as some post a couple above yours, seems some still cannot move on.

I like that now both faction elf fans can ask for what they'd like to see without trying to antagonize the other. Like Farstrider tattoos/warpaints for instance. Easily see that coming to both Thalassians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Well that's just sad.

The reality is the Horde already has High/Blood Elves and the alliance still only has Void Elves.

I really have little respect for anyone asking for more customization to allow Void Elves to look more like Blood Elves.

Too bad the topics will still go on despite Blizz giving alliance players a compromise TWICE.
    Funny how I was just responding to a post about people should move on, looks like you're still stuck in that mindset. A shame, but you do you!

I'm going to keep asking for more things for my Alliance High Elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Vereesa made it clear she sympathized with her people more.
    Your sources ?
    More than what ? The Sin'dorei are Horde. Vereesa is Alliance. Her sisters is Alliance. Her sons are Alliance. Her nephew is Alliance. And now her people is slowly rejoining the Alliance. Your point ?

You mean an invasion ~_^
    Quel'Thalas is as much their home as it is theirs. And when Silvermoon will be updated, it won't be for nothing if you know what I mean ~_^
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    I can also see that, especially after the alleria incident. It is a shame she got screwed over.
    Void elvesshould have been a horde thing.
    I wish Alleria had heard the blood elven perspective on the last ~decade before Vereesa got to her, but at least she's not as rabid as her baby sibling (though even Vereesa has mellowed somewhat in the last couple of years). But, yeah, shame the Sunwell is allergic to the Windrunner heir.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    True.

It would be Queen Windrunner.
    I think the void whispers were being grossly presumptuous in telling Alleria the throne of Quel'Thalas was hers, but I would actually be really interested in seeing a line of succession for those Thalassians who are still alive. The Windrunners were clearly a noble family of high prestige, that would probably mean they have at least some link to the Sunstrider family historically through past marriages and the likes, but I wonder if there's anyone else alive with a better claim.

Shame we killed one of the remaining Sunstriders in the quest for Felo'melorn in Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Quel'Thalas is as much their home as it is theirs. And when Silvermoon will be updated, it won't be for nothing if you know what I mean ~_^
    I think the elves with the strongest claim to Quel'Thalas are the ones who fought and bled to recapture it after the Scourge invasion, any elf who wasn't there helping better have a bloody good excuse! It's like the Little Red Hen fable. Only those who earn it have a claim to Quel'Thalas.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-05-28 at 05:37 PM.

Your sources ?
    night of the dragon.
    The fct she called silvermoon her home.
    If she had no care for her people, and was focused solely on their horde alignment, she would never have come to their aid in Cata, and she would never have worked with them in Legion.
    This is a good thing, it gives her more depth as a character.
    More than what ? The Sin'dorei are Horde. Vereesa is Alliance. Her sisters is Alliance. Her sons are Alliance. Her nephew is Alliance. And now her people is slowly rejoining the Alliance. Your point ?
    I don't see how the blood elves are slowly going alliance.The high elves as we know them are still largely scattered and doing their own thing. SL might change things though considering the customization development.

I have to disagree with you there. They knew quel'thalas was in danger and they bailed. They also had the chance to help rebuild it and still didn't do so.
    How do you claim it to be home when you've abandoned it during the times they needed you?
    The high elves/void elves are also a much smaller force than the blood elves.
    We're talking at worst a 9 to 1 ratio.
    If the alliance tries to help that will just start up another warand no one wants it. So I doubt an invasion of quel'thalas will occur.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Shame we killed one of the remaining Sunstriders in the quest for Felo'melorn in Icecrown.
    Woah spoilers!

Lol jk, but I can look forward to that on my High Elf mage in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

night of the dragon.
    The fct she called silvermoon her home.
    If she had no care for her people, and was focused solely on their horde alignment, she would never have come to their aid in Cata, and she would never have worked with them in Legion.
    This is a good thing, it gives her more depth as a character.
    Came to their aid in Cata, then slaughtered many in MoP, then continued badgering them during Legion during Insurrection encampment, and in BFA era wants Blood Elves to come back to the Alliance (along with Alleria, and Magister Umbric).

Yeah you're right, good thing to have lots of depth as a character

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Came to their aid in Cata, then slaughtered many in MoP, then continued badgering them during Legion during Insurrection encampment, and in BFA era wants Blood Elves to come back to the Alliance (along with Alleria, and Magister Umbric).

Yeah you're right, good thing to have lots of depth as a character
    To be honest, that is perhaps the most realistic portrayal of anyone in general. People can have views on one thing, change their mind, do things that seemingly contradict, but still wish for other things.

Unless you're saying everyone is consistent in beliefs and attitudes in all spectrums.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh btw, here's a High Elf Paladin during the Legion Order Hall thingy.

As they're a generic troop, it means there's countless High Elf Paladins (non-Blood Elf).