How about we don't give void elves everything that blood elves have including class combos that require the sunwell?
    Unless blood elves are getting light tentacles for hair and other unnatural colors.

This is really a case of giving a mouse a cookie.
    Why would anyone play a blood elf if void elves offer much more?

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    How about we don't give void elves everything that blood elves have including class combos that require the sunwell?
    Unless blood elves are getting light tentacles for hair and other unnatural colors.

You get to be Horde, and change your ear size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    of course; I just shoved Thalorien's head to Dagren. Though it wouldn't be hard to do this, I think use Thalorien's body and undermail as the base insert Dagren's armor and weapons and then Thalorien's head and probably his Thalassian shoulderpads
    I think these shoulderpads are Thalassian enough.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I think the ear size thing will end up ported to void elves as well. No reason to not do it, it's the same model.

Play on the Horde, with better and more players.
    No need to unlock the race.
    Has way more hairstyles and better hair colors.
    Has more and new jewelry for females.
    Has more eye color choices.
    Can be paladins and demon hunters.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I read an interesting lore rationale for Void Elf Paladins (or Void Knights if you prefer). Basically put, the organization of VE Paladins are those Void Elves who feel their transformation by Durzaan has made them monsters, and sought an infusion of the Light as a "cure" for their condition. The infusion was surprisingly successful, but it did not fix the condition of being tainted by the Void - and now the Light and Void exist at once within them, causing violent feedback loops that are exceedingly painful when these Paladins channel their light abilities. A beneficial side-effect, however, is that the surges of pain also blanket out the cacophony of the Void and make the voice of the Light all the more clarion. The Void Knights embrace their self-sacrifice to show that the ren'dorei are not lost to the Void, and that even when shrouded by the Void's touch can still reach out to embrace the Light.
    That's an intriguing backstory that could open up a lot of RP potential. I love the idea of two conflicting forces existing at once within one individual.

Friends on the Horde? Better racials? Server faction population? Simply preferring the BE lore?

Just because you're not really a fan of blood elves doesn't mean that the real fans would instantly buy a faction change if VE paladins became playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    So...why would I play a blood elf again?
    If there is no difference, and void elves offer "more", why play a blood elf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Friends on the Horde?
    Friends can be applied to Alliance as well. Why play a BE if there is more to gain from VE? That is just trying to get away from my point.
    Better racials?
    I would literally sacrifice my right pinkie for people to stop saying this. Literally 39-19 specs in the game have alliance being number 1.
    horde don't have better racials.
    Server faction population?
    Is...this a joke? The only place Horde have an advantage in population wise is in terms of M+/raids.
    Anywhere else? Alliance.
    RP? Alliance.
    Pet? Alliance
    Casual gaming? Allince
    Simply preferring the BE lore?
    Which VE have access to as well?
    Just because you're not really a fan of blood elves doesn't mean that the real fans would instantly buy a faction change if VE paladins became playable.
    What does being a fan have anything to do with it?
    Let alone the hypocrisy is such a statement says quite a bit given all these "high elf" fans are more than happy to take the aesthetics of a blood elf while not being actual high elves they claim to have wanted.

The game makes each faction unique based on what it offers.
    Right now, the Horde lost the uniqueness of one race, had it given to the void elves, and gained nothing from it.
    now people ALSO want the paladin class that blood elves released with, even though it makes no sense to lore.

So again, if void elves have EVERYTHING blood elves do, and more, why play a blood elf?
    Clearly lore doesn't matter if you want VE to have paladins of all things.
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-05-31 at 07:43 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    So...why would I play a blood elf again?
    If there is no difference, and void elves offer "more", why play a blood elf?
    Stop discounting the fact that Belves are on an entirely different faction as if it doesn't matter.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

If VE paladins are enough to make you abandon blood elves entirely and reroll Alliance, you were never a real BE fan to begin with, and thus shouldn't be bothered that much. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Stop discounting the fact that Belves are on an entirely different faction as if it doesn't matter.
    It doesn't matter.
    Just like how it doesn't matter for Pandaren.

- - - Updated - - -

If VE paladins are enough to make you abandon blood elves entirely and reroll Alliance, you were never a real BE fan to begin with, and thus shouldn't be bothered that much. It's that simple.
    This is just a weak attempt to dismiss the point. Which is the complete watering down and loss of uniqueness of a horde race.
    What is the point of the Horde having that core race, is the Alliance gets the same options and better than the original?

Playing the notion of "well you're not a real fan" doesn't matter.
    If you're going to play the whole "real fan" nonsense, then why are you accepting these aesthetics for void elves?

It doesn't matter.
    Just like how it doesn't matter for Pandaren.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just a weak attempt to dismiss the point. Which is the complete watering down and loss of uniqueness of a horde race.
    What is the point of the Horde having that core race, is the Alliance gets the same options and better than the original?

Playing the notion of "well you're not a real fan" doesn't matter.
    If you're going to play the whole "real fan" nonsense, then why are you accepting these aesthetics for void elves?
    Wrong. Void elves still wouldn't have Demon Hunter. So your entire argument is moot.

Also, why should I reject these aesthetics? Alleria is a void elf who can retain her high elf form. Pink skin tones were always part of Void elf identity and aesthetic.

Wrong. Void elves still wouldn't have Demon Hunter. So your entire argument is moot.
    Night elves have demon hunters, it is not an exclusive class to elves.
    Only blood elves hold access to paladins.
    Also, why should I reject these aesthetics? Alleria is a void elf who can retain her high elf form. Pink skin tones were always part of Void elf identity and aesthetic.
    Except Alleria is a void elf, not a high elf, and the devs stated the original void elf look was their identity and aesthetic not Alleria's. So that is something you simply went with because it suits your desires.
    I think you're missing my point.
    That "true fan" nonsense is nothing but silliness to dismiss another person's legitimate concerns.
    Giving the void elves these skins, and giving them an iconic blood elf class, takes away from the uniquness of blood elves.
    Where one gains, the other loses.

So despite the whole "it doesn't affect you" nonsense helfers and yourself speak, it really doesn't work that way in practice.

Night elves have demon hunters, it is not an exclusive class to elves.
    Only blood elves hold access to paladins.

Except Alleria is a void elf, not a high elf, and the devs stated the original void elf look was their identity and aesthetic not Alleria's. So that is something you simply went with because it suits your desires.
    I think you're missing my point.
    That "true fan" nonsense is nothing but silliness to dismiss another person's legitimate concerns.
    Giving the void elves these skins, and giving them an iconic blood elf class, takes away from the uniquness of blood elves.
    Where one gains, the other loses.
    Paladin shouldn't be exclusive to elves in the first place. They were neither the first nor the most iconic paladins in the franchise.

Alleria is a void elf who can switch back to her high elf form. As a result, switching back to your high elf form was always part of void elf identity and aesthetic. I was right, Blizzard agreed with me, and you people were wrong. This debate ended 3 or so days ago. Can we move on?

VE paladins are not Blood Knights and thus wouldn't take anything away from BEs.

3+ Year Old Account
    That's an intriguing backstory that could open up a lot of RP potential. I love the idea of two conflicting forces existing at once within one individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I read an interesting lore rationale for Void Elf Paladins (or Void Knights if you prefer). Basically put, the organization of VE Paladins are those Void Elves who feel their transformation by Durzaan has made them monsters, and sought an infusion of the Light as a "cure" for their condition. The infusion was surprisingly successful, but it did not fix the condition of being tainted by the Void - and now the Light and Void exist at once within them, causing violent feedback loops that are exceedingly painful when these Paladins channel their light abilities. A beneficial side-effect, however, is that the surges of pain also blanket out the cacophony of the Void and make the voice of the Light all the more clarion. The Void Knights embrace their self-sacrifice to show that the ren'dorei are not lost to the Void, and that even when shrouded by the Void's touch can still reach out to embrace the Light.
    Cool. Blood Knights 2.0, perhaps they will now be the ones to enslave a (voidified) naaru and bend its powers to their will or revel in pain as they try to redeem/balance themselves with the light
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-05-31 at 08:06 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Is...this a joke? The only place Horde have an advantage in population wise is in terms of M+/raids.
    Anywhere else? Alliance.
    RP? Alliance.
    Pet? Alliance
    Casual gaming? Allince
    RP is the only one of those where population matters. Casual gaming and pet battles are solo content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    RP is the only one of those where population matters. Casual gaming and pet battles are solo content.
    And for RP you need more people than for M+.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Paladin shouldn't be exclusive to elves in the first place. They were neither the first nor the most iconic paladins in the franchise.
    This is you completely misconstruing my statement. Considering Vanilla WoW started with Humans/dwarves being paladins....obviously they're not the first or most iconic.
    For the Horde though? Blood elf paladins are indeed iconic, and lore wise, neither void elves or night elves should be paladins. It maintains distinction for blood elves,and follows thelore many claim is important.
    Alleria is a void elf who can switch back to her high elf form. As a result, switching back to your high elf form was always part of void elf identity and aesthetic. I was right, Blizzard agreed with me, and you people were wrong. This debate ended 3 or so days ago. Can we move on?
    I mean...they call Alleria a void elf in both farms, and she bleeds purple in both forms.
    If you think skin color dictates whether they are are a high elf or not...why request it in the first place with blood elves being there?
    Let alone, that isn't the point of my argument. This is a tangent you brought up by demonstrating your hypocrisy about true fans and the like.
    VE paladins are not Blood Knights and thus wouldn't take anything away from BEs.
    Right, and thats why when TBC was released, shamans should not have gone to the Alliance because taking the paladin class from the alliance wouldn't affect them because blood elf paladins are blood knights!

Press X to doubt!

Seriously, none of the logic you are pushing forward is consistent in this regard.

A void elf paladin is a paladin, just as a blood knight is a paladin.
    Beings infused with light who follow the light.

That is what a paladin is.
    Void elves shouldnt be paladins because they are Void elves.
    If you want that, hey, that gives you a reason to play a blood elf.

Otherwise, might as well delete blood elves from the game since VE are getting everything and then some.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Blood Knights 2.0, perhaps they will now be the ones to enslave a (voidified) naaru and bend its powers to their will
    Paladins are infused with the light.
    Void elves are already infused with the void, and they wouldn't be paladins anyway. Since...paladins are light users.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Its a population argument dude, and as much as people want to cry and pretend the Alliance is having issues in terms of numbers, it isnt.

3+ Year Old Account
    Paladins are infused with the light.
    Void elves are already infused with the void, and they wouldn't be paladins anyway. Since...paladins are light users.
    I'm just riding along with the jest that "Void Elves are what Blood Elves should have been"
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I'm just riding along with the jest that "Void Elves are what Blood Elves should have been"
    You broke the quoting system Arden!

3+ Year Old Account
    You broke the quoting system Arden!
    bruh moment right there, how

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think the ear size thing will end up ported to void elves as well. No reason to not do it, it's the same model.

Play on the Horde, with better and more players.
    No need to unlock the race.
    Has way more hairstyles and better hair colors.
    Has more and new jewelry for females.
    Has more eye color choices.
    Can be paladins and demon hunters.
    This really, why anyone thinks this news won't mean Void Elves are now basically Diet Blood Elves is beyond me.

Also it should be mentioned that Void Elves are still stuck with bad lore and downsides like whispers always in their head and not being able to make physical contact with Light wielders, which make up a very large roster of the Alliance and limits Void Elf RP. Blood Elves don't have such limitations and they also still have some of the best accessory customization we've seen so far.