1. #19021
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're gonna have to start coping one of these days.
    yeah, i know, like i said, high/blood elves mutated by the void, second wave

  2. #19022
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, i know, like i said, high/blood elves mutated by the void, second wave
    Standard high elves have a long history of randomly turning purple/black and teleporting through the shadows.
    Didn’t you know?

  3. #19023
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    22,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but the high elves joined the horde in tbc, under another name
    And the high elves, those that still hold onto that name, have not. What's your point?

    you entirely moved goalposts about HE being a iconic race of the alliance in the majority of wow to say they were not iconic but should be a thing anyway
    I never said they're not iconic. I just pointed out that, just like the goblins in the Horde, the high elves have been present within the Alliance for a long time.

    since most of the spammers died out when they announced the skin colors, and now others are demanding the entirety of the blood elf options, it is very safe to assume isn't false.
    But it is false. People accepting a compromise because they now believe they won't ever get what they really want does not mean it was "all about the looks". To say it is, is blatant dishonesty.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  4. #19024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But it is false. People accepting a compromise because they now believe they won't ever get what they really want does not mean it was "all about the looks". To say it is, is blatant dishonesty.
    If we went with "No, this is unacceptable, we want helf allied race", they'd say we are never satisfied and Blizzard shouldn't listen to us.
    If we go with "Ok, this is a better compromise", they say it was never about lore, but looks.

    Even when void elves were unveiled, before they appeared in 7.3.5 datamining, we were asking for Blizzard for at least allow some normal skins, only to be countrered by antis saying that that was unacceptable.

    It was never us that were unwilling for any compromise, it was always them. Even the original blue-skinned void elves were too much for them.
    Whatever...

  5. #19025
    I don't get why those against Alliance High Elves keep focusing on "you only wanted them for their looks!". Even if that were true (and it may be for as many as it isn't), so what? How does that make the request any less valid? I'm always confused whenever I see this. As if it's some sort of "gotcha!" and somehow destroys the validity of the request. It doesn't and I don't get why anyone thinks it would.

  6. #19026
    I am Murloc! FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    One of the things that I tried to suggest way back in 2018 was to give void elves "somewhat normal skins". Even made a few mockups:





    The answer I was given is that it intruded too much into blood elf aesthetics.

    Now we got actual blood elf skins. Of all tones.
    In a way, by being too stubborn to make concessions, they ended up with a situation that they "lost" even more. But hey, they got blue eyes, wasn't that what they wanted?
    Great looks, I remember these and would've been fine with them as well.

    That's the hilarious thing about it, in an effort of not compromising to give a few altered human skin tone ranges, we High Elf fans now get copy/pasted all of em

    One could say anti-helfs being greedy led to this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I don't get why those against Alliance High Elves keep focusing on "you only wanted them for their looks!". Even if that were true (and it may be for as many as it isn't), so what? How does that make the request any less valid? I'm always confused whenever I see this. As if it's some sort of "gotcha!" and somehow destroys the validity of the request. It doesn't and I don't get why anyone thinks it would.
    99.9% of players choose races for their looks.

    Why do people want Ogres/Hozen/Jinyu/etc? Because players want to play characters that LOOK like them.

    Sure, some do want for lore/story/RP reasons, but the LOOK is still the important bit.

    Do people think if Blizzard implemented a race like this, having the lore of such a race, in pic below and labeled it 'Ogres' people would be 100% on board with it? Would @Syegfryed finally be content?



    That some people only care for LOOKS really does not matter, as that's the reason 99.9% of people choose their races in WoW to play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It was never us that were unwilling for any compromise, it was always them. Even the original blue-skinned void elves were too much for them.
    Pretty much. So many bullshit hoops by the anti-crowd. Glad it backfired and High Elf fans got a true and real compromise.

    I could type out all the bullshit arguments, but that's maybe meh

  7. #19027
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Pretty much. So many bullshit hoops by the anti-crowd. Glad it backfired and High Elf fans got a true and real compromise.

    I could type out all the bullshit arguments, but that's maybe meh
    They are extinct.

    They are too few.

    They aren't Alliance.

    They aren't an important part of the Alliance.

    They aren't real.

    They aren't the true ones.

    They are the fake ones.

    They aren't unique.

    They are a loreless whim.

    Blood elves are High elves.

    Void elves are a good compromise.

    The Horde owns them.

    The Alliance doesn't own them.

    One character said one thing so everything else doesn't matter.

    You just want the aesthetic.

    You will never be satisfied.

    You are stealing/You want my toy.

    You are a nazi in disguise who just want aryan fantasy (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

    The Sunwell whatever.

    Silvermoon whatever.

    Quel'thalas whatever.

    Whatever about moniker.

    Etc...

    It's too much, not even bad paraphrasing, it's literally these things, and, honestly, it shows how desperate they were.

    And yeah, I'm expecting for some lost anti to quote and think he is some kind of mastermind with exceptional mastery in debate, so, in advance, no, you aren't, these points have been discussed ad nauseam and you are wrong.

  8. #19028
    I wonder if we'll ever see a Thalassian reunification in the future. I imagine the Void elves and High elves could be of huge help in rebuilding the rest of Silvermoon and offering extra protection to their home. But then again Ion said factions are not going away, so...

    The seeds are there though. Both Alleria and Umbric seek to bring Silvermoon back into the Alliance. Vereesa also wants to "set the blood elves on the path of redemption", whatever that means.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  9. #19029
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Do people think if Blizzard implemented a race like this, having the lore of such a race, in pic below and labeled it 'Ogres' people would be 100% on board with it? Would @Syegfryed finally be content?
    lool, such dishonesty, you are telling me putting this and saying it was ogres is the same thing of blizzard giving void elves? when ogres are not in the game and high elves were already in the other faction?

    if they give me void ogres i would be completely fine dude, and ogres are not even in the game, i would be completely content with a void ogre instead, im not petty
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-06-03 at 10:30 AM.

  10. #19030
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they give me void ogres i would be completely fine dude, and ogres are not even in the game i would be completely content with a void ogre instead, im not petty
    ngl void ogres actually sound really cool
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  11. #19031
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Standard high elves have a long history of randomly turning purple/black and teleporting through the shadows.
    Didn’t you know?
    Blood Elves can become priests and use voidform.

    Are they now no longer Blood Elves?

  12. #19032
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And the high elves, those that still hold onto that name, have not. What's your point?
    that the race was already playable

    I never said they're not iconic. I just pointed out that, just like the goblins in the Horde, the high elves have been present within the Alliance for a long time.
    And this was not the point that you quoted me so? and again, goblins didn't join the alliance so the horde would want one.

    But it is false. People accepting a compromise because they now believe they won't ever get what they really want does not mean it was "all about the looks". To say it is, is blatant dishonesty.
    and thats why i said most of the spammers, not all of then, its the very first thing i said in the quote you took, what is your point? just to be an agitator?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    If we go with "Ok, this is a better compromise", they say it was never about lore, but looks.
    i mean, people are barely saying that, in the forums the spam is to get all the rest of the blood elves things, people will keep pushing the "compromise" until they have virtually 2 races to pick in one, even the names files and racials different

    im just saying that is not ok

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Blood Elves can become priests and use voidform.

    Are they now no longer Blood Elves?
    do their racials change? that is one of the first things i see to say the race is different now

  13. #19033
    @Varodoc, @Strippling and @Frenchvince. Tbh I dont see why blonde hair options is problematic or one side win or settle arguments are arising over it.

    1. What void elves have naturally skin tones? - are they not normal high epves and blood elves studying the void? Do they not have blonde hair?

    2. Isnt the entire point of this so you can play other groups of race type like actual high elves even if there isnt an explicit ide tidier as such in character creation or starting experience?

    In both cases blonde hair comes with the territory, why is it too far to expect it, or problematic if it is there?
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-06-03 at 10:35 AM.

  14. #19034
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    @Varodoc, @Strippling and @Frenchvince. Tbh I dont see why blonde hair options is problematic or one side win or settle arguments are arising over it.

    1. What void elves have naturally skin tones? - are they not normal high epves and blood elves studying the void? Do they not have blonde hair?

    2. Isnt the entire point of this so you can play other groups of race type like actual high elves even if there isnt an explicit ide tidier as such in character creation or starting experience?

    In both cases blonde hair comes with the territory, why is it too far to expect it, or problematic if it is there?
    You pinged the wrong person. I have no problem at all with blonde hair options for Ren'dorei. In fact, they will 100% happen.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  15. #19035
    Bloodsail Admiral Aldo Hawk's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Silvermoon.
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what is your point? just to be an agitator?
    That's a good question for yourself.


    i mean, people are barely saying that, in the forums the spam is to get all the rest of the blood elves things, people will keep pushing the "compromise" until they have virtually 2 races to pick in one, even the names files and racials different

    im just saying that is not ok
    Sorry but I can't feel any empathy towards this, you and others have been too antagonistic so I don't know who should care anymore.

    I don't even care, they can copypaste Blood elves completely into the Void elves, I will not be there saying anything, I'm fed up with this crap.

    People asking for High elves wanted and Allied race, not this, but since this is what they have for now it will have to suffice for what an Allied Race can give and a customization can't, so, good grief, this is to blame on those who opposed so insanely hard, it's your fault and you deserve to see how they now ask for literal Blood elf things to go to the Void elves with Blizzard endorsing them.

    Green eyes for Void elves when? Anyone?

  16. #19036
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    do their racials change? that is one of the first things i see to say the race is different now
    Seems a bit arbitrary to me.

  17. #19037
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seems a bit arbitrary to me.
    seems biological/racial to me, different things with different racials

  18. #19038
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    seems biological/racial to me, different things with different racials
    So what are the racials of the High Elves?

  19. #19039
    haha lol I forgot I did this. https://imgur.com/bZ1S4ur (compare the upload date to the AR reveal date )



    I already get blamed for Mechagnomes you might as well blame me for Vigh Elves too

  20. #19040
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever see a Thalassian reunification in the future. I imagine the Void elves and High elves could be of huge help in rebuilding the rest of Silvermoon and offering extra protection to their home. But then again Ion said factions are not going away, so...

    The seeds are there though. Both Alleria and Umbric seek to bring Silvermoon back into the Alliance. Vereesa also wants to "set the blood elves on the path of redemption", whatever that means.
    Rebuilding of Silvermoon with all Thalassian factions is never gonna happen. The factions aren't going away in this game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •