1. #19041
    Bloodsail Admiral Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Auric never joined the Horde, he's just there as high elf (i.e.: exiles/outsiders/Alliance) representative.
    He talked about rallying with the bearer of Quel'delar against the Scourge, not about everyone joining together and singing merry songs.
    If you play the same scenario as Alliance, he is treated with hostility by the blood elves.

    "Those tattoos" currently exist in a lore void in which they are found nowhere in lore or art except for Alleria.
    Perhaps he would be loyal to Silvermoon but not Horde just as how Valeera is loyal to Wrynns but not Alliance
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  2. #19042
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Still a void elf. Both her and Umbric got injected with a massive amount of void energy. I'm not sure why you keep claiming she is a normal elf when Shadows Rising literally calls her a void elf...
    Perhaps there's a bit of a misunderstanding on my part.

    Upon further consideration, are you asking if an elf who has not gone through the study and trials Alleria did or was not transformed as Umbric was, be allowed to join the Ren'dorei? If so, the answer to that is... we don't know. Theoretically, yes? The Ren'dorei as an organization could welcome members who aren't actively studying the void. Game mechanically, we don't know? That's something Blizzard would have to clarify.

    If you're asking if an elf that studies the void but hasn't "gone all the way" yet be considered Ren'dorei, I'd say... yes? If only because they are on the path that will ultimately bring them to the same destination Alleria is at.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-05-29 at 04:07 PM.

  3. #19043
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Auric never joined the Horde, he's just there as high elf (i.e.: exiles/outsiders/Alliance) representative.
    He talked about rallying with the bearer of Quel'delar against the Scourge, not about everyone joining together and singing merry songs.
    If you play the same scenario as Alliance, he is treated with hostility by the blood elves.

    "Those tattoos" currently exist in a lore void in which they are found nowhere in lore or art except for Alleria.
    and why do we have blue eyes now? What are you saying that we cannot be the high elves that returned home next to auric? I think you are wrong about that.

    It is part of our aesthetic, the void elves have their own aesthetic. remember that umbric is a magister they could use void tattoos with arcane styles.

  4. #19044
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Perhaps its a bit of a misunderstanding on my part. Upon further consideration, are you asking if an elf who has not gone through the study and trials Alleria did or was not transformed as Umbric was, be allowed to join the Ren'dorei? If so, the answer to that is... we don't know. Theoretically, yes? The Ren'dorei as an organization could welcome members who aren't actively studying the void. Game mechanically, we don't know? That's something Blizzard would have to clarify.
    I admit I made the question in a convoluted way. Sadly Blizzard linked the void elves to the Argussian Reach reputation, as a result they never bothered to name their political affiliation. (i.e. Humans = Kingdom of Stormwind / Blood Elves = Kingdom of Quel'thalas / Void Elves = ???).
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  5. #19045
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's the problem, Blizzard should name this faction already. I saw the term "Silvermoon Exiles" thrown around a few times but it's fancanon. That's why I asked if "Ren'dorei" is a term referring exclusively to elves changed biologically by the void or if it's an umbrella term referring to any Alliance elf interested in learning the Void.
    I thought it was clear already in the game that the Void Elf faction is just any elf interested in studying the void. Any Void Elf character made, regardless if mutated or not, will have the void-related racials and be hearing the whispers. What ties them all together is that they're followers of the void.

    I always took that to be the cause for the name as a faction rather than as a race. I mean, we can play Mechagnomes, that's what the 'race' is titled as in race selection screen, but they are biologically identical to regular gnomes. They just happen to have prosthetics. It seems the 'race' selection screen is more of a faction selection, so seems perfectly reasonable to assume "Void Elf" is more of a faction than a race, and that there simply isn't a specific unique term for the mutated void elves (other than "mutated void elf")

  6. #19046
    Bloodsail Admiral Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Perhaps there's a bit of a misunderstanding on my part.

    Upon further consideration, are you asking if an elf who has not gone through the study and trials Alleria did or was not transformed as Umbric was, be allowed to join the Ren'dorei? If so, the answer to that is... we don't know. Theoretically, yes? The Ren'dorei as an organization could welcome members who aren't actively studying the void. Game mechanically, we don't know? That's something Blizzard would have to clarify.

    If you're asking if an elf that studies the void but hasn't "gone all the way" yet be considered Ren'dorei, I'd say... yes? If only because they are on the path that will ultimately bring them to the same destination Alleria is at.
    well yes, that's exactly what the wayfarers are. maybe we'd have even some former Dire Orcs as NPCs seeking to fully harness the void in the future
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  7. #19047
    Will anyone be making their Legolas and joining up with Gimli and Aragorn and roleplayer the fellowship of the ring now that Void Elves are getting High Elf skin tones?

  8. #19048
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Will anyone be making their Legolas and joining up with Gimli and Aragorn and roleplayer the fellowship of the ring now that Void Elves are getting High Elf skin tones?
    Yes, but it will be difficult finding a Gimli when the already small Dwarf playerbase dwindles further.

  9. #19049
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I admit I made the question in a convoluted way. Sadly Blizzard linked the void elves to the Argussian Reach reputation, as a result they never bothered to name their political affiliation. (i.e. Humans = Kingdom of Stormwind / Blood Elves = Kingdom of Quel'thalas / Void Elves = ???).
    Well with a lack of clarification, and a poor choice in unlock reputation on Blizzard's part, we can only assume that right now Void Elves = Kingdom of Stormwind as far as a specific Alliance rep faction is concerned. Ideally there would be a specific rep faction for those who study in Telogrus such as "Acolytes of Telogrus" or some such. Maybe down the road Blizzard will add such a faction.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-05-29 at 04:12 PM.

  10. #19050
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I admit I made the question in a convoluted way. Sadly Blizzard linked the void elves to the Argussian Reach reputation, as a result they never bothered to name their political affiliation. (i.e. Humans = Kingdom of Stormwind / Blood Elves = Kingdom of Quel'thalas / Void Elves = ???).
    The selection screen mixes races and factions a bit.

    Humans, of the Kingdom of Stormwind (But selection screen labels them Humans, their race)
    Humans, of the Kingdom of Kul Tiras (But selection screen labels them Kul Tirans, their nationality)

    Trolls, of the Darkspear Tribe (But selection screen labels them Trolls, their race )
    Trolls, of the Zandalari Tribe (But selection screen labels them Zandalari, their tribe)


    So, it seems perfectly reasonable to me to assume the same is the case for Void Elves. They're labelled after their faction, not their race

  11. #19051
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The current appearance also accounts for elves who may have attempted a process similar to Alleria's, but weren't able to hold back the Void as well as she was. Whether during or after the ritual that gives them access to Entropic Embrace, among other racials, it's easy to explain that the forces of entropy embraced a little too hard and resulted in a transformed appearance. There is no reason Blizzard would need to limit that appearance to exclusively elves from Umbric's original crew.
    That's true and I fully agree. It's a great explanation for new Void Elves using the original skin tones and tentacle hair.

  12. #19052
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Well with a lack of clarification, and a poor choice in unlock reputation on Blizzard's part, we can only assume that right now Void Elves = Kingdom of Stormwind as far as a specific Alliance rep faction is concerned. Ideally there would be a specific rep faction for those who study in Telogrus such as "Acolytes of Telogrus" or some such. Maybe down the road Blizzard will add such a faction.
    you know i wish void elves would get black, brown, red hair too because the high elf skin tones look rather odd with void elf hair colors.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Yes, but it will be difficult finding a Gimli when the already small Dwarf playerbase dwindles further.
    Their taking the hobbits...I mean gnomes, to ISENGARD!

  13. #19053
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    you know i wish void elves would get black, brown, red hair too because the high elf skin tones look rather odd with void elf hair colors.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Their taking the hobbits...I mean gnomes, to ISENGARD!
    i think you're trying to say karazhan :P

  14. #19054
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    you know i wish void elves would get black, brown, red hair too because the high elf skin tones look rather odd with void elf hair colors.

    I think this is going to have to happen. Blizzard is so, so close to pleasing all the "give us High Elves" folk, but if we're stuck with Sort-of-high-elves with high elves skin and eyes, but tentacle-hair and no light hair colours then they're just tripping on the finish line.

    All they need to do is to let Void Elves use non-tentacle-y hair and some regular hair colours and they're golden

  15. #19055
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I think this is going to have to happen. Blizzard is so, so close to pleasing all the "give us High Elves" folk, but if we're stuck with Sort-of-high-elves with high elves skin and eyes, but tentacle-hair and no light hair colours then they're just tripping on the finish line.

    All they need to do is to let Void Elves use non-tentacle-y hair and some regular hair colours and they're golden
    Exactly. 100% Agree.

    And also they need to update Void Elf lore and mention that since the events of BFA, many High Elf wayfarers and scholars arrived in Telgrus rift and decided to learn the ways of the Void. They did not undergo the same sacrificial ritual which explains why their skin color didn't change but they did successfully manage to bend the Void to their will thanks to the teachings of Locustmaster and Alleria Windrunner.

  16. #19056
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I think this is going to have to happen. Blizzard is so, so close to pleasing all the "give us High Elves" folk, but if we're stuck with Sort-of-high-elves with high elves skin and eyes, but tentacle-hair and no light hair colours then they're just tripping on the finish line.

    All they need to do is to let Void Elves use non-tentacle-y hair and some regular hair colours and they're golden
    hair colors make them different from blood elves, void hairstyles are part of the aesthetics of void elves.

  17. #19057
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    you know i wish void elves would get black, brown, red hair too because the high elf skin tones look rather odd with void elf hair colors.
    I'm sure it's coming. Every race so far has gotten new hair colors, it would be odd for any single race to not get additional hair colors (or "fur" colors in the case of taurens/vulpera/pandas).

    Just like how Void Elves are receiving additional eye color options, same with Night Elves, because with the character creation overhaul it would be weird to have races with no eye color selection.

    And yeah I know there's already multiple hair colors vs eye color for some races, I'm just saying more hair colors are pretty much a given. What kinds of color is truly the question.

  18. #19058
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    hair colors make them different from blood elves, void hairstyles are part of the aesthetics of void elves.
    Don't be too confident. For 2 years we have been told fair skinned is what made them different from the void elves...

    But I agree. Just give us some new cold colors and hairstyles. Let the Blood elves keep the blond/brown hairs.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  19. #19059
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I'm sure it's coming. Every race so far has gotten new hair colors, it would be odd for any single race to not get additional hair colors (or "fur" colors in the case of taurens/vulpera/pandas).

    Just like how Void Elves are receiving additional eye color options, same with Night Elves, because with the character creation overhaul it would be weird to have races with no eye color selection.

    And yeah I know there's already multiple hair colors vs eye color for some races, I'm just saying more hair colors are pretty much a given. What kinds of color is truly the question.
    Another thing that will be odd is that it will be hard to roleplay as a High Elf wayfarer because as far as we know High Elves don't have a British type accent. All the High Elf npcs ingame don't have these accents, they have the regular accents so when you hear this British accent coming out of mouth of your High Elf-Void Elf character, it will odd.

  20. #19060
    Keep in mind that these are just the skin tones.... we have yet to see the new hairstyles, hair color, jewelry, etc. that void elves will receive.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •