1. #19201
    Lazy edit here.

    Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.

  2. #19202
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lazy edit here.

    Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.
    Or make the Void Effect into Light blue wings or something

    But yeah that kind of stuff could be cool!

  3. #19203
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lazy edit here.

    Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.
    I am not a hardcore RP player. I am not going to pretend I play a High Elf when the game says I don't. The Blood Elf model was never why I wanted to play them.

  4. #19204
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Or make the Void Effect into Light blue wings or something

    But yeah that kind of stuff could be cool!
    This might be tangentially related, but personally speaking I hope they make the wings a cloak piece instead of attaching it to the chest.

  5. #19205
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This might be tangentially related, but personally speaking I hope they make the wings a cloak piece instead of attaching it to the chest.
    Oh yeah I'd love that!

  6. #19206
    Mechagnome Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This might be tangentially related, but personally speaking I hope they make the wings a cloak piece instead of attaching it to the chest.
    That honestly made the most sense. But Blizz hasn't made the best choices when it's come to cosmetics on armor -- Black Temple Warlock Tier demon wings being associated with the helmet for some odd reason.

    But now they're making cloak cosmetics that aren't cloaks, so maybe they'll retroactively change that.
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  7. #19207
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That honestly made the most sense. But Blizz hasn't made the best choices when it's come to cosmetics on armor -- Black Temple Warlock Tier demon wings being associated with the helmet for some odd reason.

    But now they're making cloak cosmetics that aren't cloaks, so maybe they'll retroactively change that.
    Blizzard also doesn't have the best history with 'retroactive', generally speaking.

    But fingers crossed! I don't think that many people would miss the specific combination of the void wings plus that ugly cloak that is part of the actual set.

  8. #19208
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This might be tangentially related, but personally speaking I hope they make the wings a cloak piece instead of attaching it to the chest.
    Yep, that would be a nice change. Love those wings and while there are some stuff that fits the chest, making it cloak would just make it easier to use.

    The heritage cloak doesn't look good anyway. I don't think it fit that well with the set either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    that ugly cloak that is part of the actual set.
    Yep

    /10wings
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  9. #19209
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yep, that would be a nice change. Love those wings and while there are some stuff that fits the chest, making it cloak would just make it easier to use.

    The heritage cloak doesn't look good anyway. I don't think it fit that well with the set either.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Yep

    /10wings
    What cloak? That set doesn't have a cloak. It doesn't. No.

  10. #19210
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    No. It really doesn't. It's the final nail in the coffin. Thinking anything else and getting hopes up, is incredibly stupid to do. Just use a little bit of logic to understand why the bolded statement is factually incorrect.
    Implying that you are the one being logical when all you do is declaring something "factually incorrect" that neither you or I can know for a fact is laughable.

    You provided 0 arguments for your position, while declaring anyone holding another position "incredibly stupid". This leads me to suspect that any argument you would have would be purely subjective. My argument on the other hand was objective, I don't even play Alliance so I would never play High Elf anyway.

    It is a fact that some people want to be able to select "High Elf" as a race and play as that, even though the character on the screen would be visually indistinct from what they could already play as a "Void Elf". Given that all the art assets and animations already exists, this very limited investment by Blizzard could tilt a customer to decide to stick around for a few more months or return to the game, even if only for a few months before the novelty wears off, because this is something they have really wanted for a as long as the game has existed.

    Neither you or I can know for a fact how many such customers exists, or how many such customers need to exist in order for this very limited investment by Blizzard to pay off. Blizzard can calculate the second number, but not even they can know the first number. Reasonably both numbers would be low, so it wouldn't take many such customers existing within the target demographic of tens of millions of people for this to be profitable. Between adding "High Elf" as a race or adding some random leveling quest, likely of similar size as an investment, which do I think would make them more money? The "High Elf" race option hands down.

  11. #19211
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    What cloak? That set doesn't have a cloak. It doesn't. No.
    I must have mistaken the set for something else, my bad!
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  12. #19212
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You do love playing the victim even when it's just hypocritical to the nth degree that you come at me because I don't consider this for BE's when your whole thing has been about denying High Elves for the alliance. Now you advocate for both sides?
    Playing victim? Hardly. I'll simply point out your actions for what they are. The moment they announced the skin tones you and yours have been feeling free to accuse others of being salty. If you don't like it, maybe drop the antagonism?
    Let alone, it isn't hypocritical.
    If the looks are going to be shared, then it is better to make sure both sides get equal treatment to ensure no one can complain. Not sure why you are unhappy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

    You say "Blood Elves have one theme." Are you for real or messing with me right now? Did you actually say "blood elves have one theme"
    Yes...they have only one theme in their appearance.
    Void elves have two.

    Which means you can play the "I am a void elf" theme look, and then you can choose to go with the "I am a blood/high elf" theme look.
    That is two themes.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Sure, they get paladins, they get warlocks and DH's, they get mages. Light, Fel and Arcane major and distinct cornerstones of their culture, but that's just one theme, and OH HOW PEOPLE DARE that maybe Void Elves could make use of UNUSED rangery aesthetics for them.
    Is this a joke? Are you honestly trying to use classes as a form of theme? Classes which are shared by multiple race? That isn't a functional argument in itself becaus the themes of a race are largely visual and in lore.
    Void elves have access to blood elf lore AND their visual appearance.
    You can drop the indignation, you're demanding void elves get more exclusive appearance option when they already have one. Like...dude...
    The void elves didnt lose their entire appearance to another faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Instead of void elves that are just... void. No, light skin isn't a "theme" FFS.
    This is just you willfully being ignorant.
    The aesthetics are a part of the theme for a race.
    Which is precisely why void elves existed instead of high elves per the devs. Considering how many helfers are now going "oh yeah this is great" it would be a lie to suggest this doesnt give them the theme that they are saying it gives them.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But sure, I might believe the level of entitlement you have over thalassian lore is outstanding, how you feel blood elves must represent EVERY aspect of it, even the one they are not even using right now. But you know what? I'm not going to actually start now to tell people "no you can't ask that" and since I don't believe in faction exclusivity, go ahead and ask farstrider tattoos for blood elves.
    You mean...the one that originates with them and should also be present on them?
    The one they dont use because the basic architecture of the game doesnt provide tattoos for those early races unless they werebaked in?
    I am not sure why you believe that it isnt being used when its simply a gameplay design limitation that only recently was overcome.
    I am not denying void elves get somethng, but I am going to point out the hypocrisy on your part to say they should get it and not blood elves.
    You complain other peole were denying you high elves, but now you want to deny what should be a part of a core race?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I personally believe that BE's have moved beyond that aesthetic, but that's just me. Personally I'd rather have the scar tattoos of the BE box art.
    Well that's fine if that is what you personally believe, but you can drop the attitude when others say they dont agree and want parity accordingly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The point still stands, they were ruled out as oversights and errors

    - - - Updated - - -

    The point still stands (2), just be happy and deal with it that the High Elf Allied Race will never happen
    Not really. They were left in despite the reports for ToT, and supported with Lanesh and several other named NPC's with blue eyes.
    Its why I reject the concept that blue eyes was exclusive to HE, let alone a theme.
    Considering how quickly Ion walked back his statement and many other things, its clear they're trying to get away from colors being exlcusive now.

  13. #19213
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    What cloak? That set doesn't have a cloak. It doesn't. No.
    Correct, sir!

    We were merely testing you.

  14. #19214
    Banned Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lazy edit here.

    Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.
    I was thinking about it just yesterday. They should add recolors of that armor. The normal Ren'dorei heritage armor just doesn't fit the pink skin tone.

  15. #19215
    Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    I am not a hardcore RP player. I am not going to pretend I play a High Elf when the game says I don't. The Blood Elf model was never why I wanted to play them.
    Well, let's wait and see what happens.
    I always wanted them to expand the story so that high elves were joining the void elves, and then have heavier emphasis on the void theme. That to me would have been good. Now though, I am annoyed because the void elf theme is going to be forgotten

  16. #19216
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I was thinking about it just yesterday. They should add recolors of that armor. The normal Ren'dorei heritage armor just doesn't fit the pink skin tone.
    They could basically do what I said, recolor it like that, make the void/space parts gems instead, then remove the void wings and particle effects. Would be easy enough.

    Somebody else already did a similar thing for the Blood Elf Heritage armor.

  17. #19217
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I was thinking about it just yesterday. They should add recolors of that armor. The normal Ren'dorei heritage armor just doesn't fit the pink skin tone.
    A lot of the heritage armors seemt o have the same issue.

  18. #19218
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    A lot of the heritage armors seemt o have the same issue.
    For sure. The Kul Tiran heritage armor could use more colors, for one.

  19. #19219
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lazy edit here.

    Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.
    I love this exactly as it is! I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

  20. #19220
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I love this exactly as it is! I'd wear it in a heartbeat!
    Glad to make somebody happy.

    Here's an, I guess, more traditionally High Elfy color scheme, since I suppose the silver and blue is more Silver Covenant? I don't know, lol..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •