Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i swear these HElf stans, blizzard gives them the finger and they want the whole body
    I bet they'll only stop once Blood Elves (and to a lesser degree, Nightborne) have been completely removed from the Horde and made playable on the Alliance. And even then they'd probably find something to bitch about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    If you were playing belf SP, sure.

That's some next level mental gymnastics you're trying to do there. Void elves are still void elves. You still can't be Paladins, you have velfs racials, no blond hair.

The actual HIGH ELVES are horde now.

I'm sure you helfers are over the moon despite all the lore crap that was spouted in this thread. But that doesnt' change the fact that what you wanted is now on the Red Side, even more enforced now that belves got blue eyes.
    Yeah buddy. Enjoy your "High elves" while we enjoy ours

And most of us don't want blond haired blood elves. Blue/white/light pink is much cooler. High elves really need to distinguish themselves from their Horde counterparts.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I bet they'll only stop once Blood Elves (and to a lesser degree, Nightborne) have been completely removed from the Horde and made playable on the Alliance. And even then they'd probably find something to bitch about.
    at that point blizzard will probably give forsaken undead elf skins, and then they will want that for alliance too

So basically now that you have High Elves, that is still not enough and now you want Silvermoon and Suramar, too. What's it gonna be after that?
    I am afraid they will be going to conquer Pandaria next.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Proposal: Switch from 2 faction hub to 4 one. Horde , alliance, night elf, Thalassian elf.

Fix Silvermoon, make it central Thalassian hub, use Suramar for the night elf hub
    Here we go, another "Highborne are a massive part of nelf culture guys plz believe me" post, disguised as a blood elf post, disguised as a faction identity post.

We're going deep cover lads.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    No Bronzebeard racial makes sense for Wildhammer dwarves, nor do their voiceovers.

Stoneform: Learned by tapping into earthen heritage thanks to a ritual discovered with archeology knowledge. Wildhammers may be able to learn it aswell but that's a moot point since they don't really care about archeology in their culture, it would be like saying that an high elf can learn voidform by learning how to tap into void energies.

Explorer - Archeology bonus : see previous point

Frost Resistance: Wildhammers live on hills and not on frosty peaks, they should have nature resistance instead with all the storm hammers they like to throw around and their shamanistic attitude.

Might of the Mountain: They are hill dwarves.

Blizzard just went the easy route with them and that's it.
    Wildhammers should have racials all about their storm hammers, something about pets because of their gryphon mastery (think Orc Command or Mag'har bonuses) and nature resistance.

Orcs and Trolls are more lucky in this regard, their racials are very generic (Berserking, Blood fury and so on) and can fit any tribe/clans.

"High Elves" just being a skin choice are exactly like what is happening with Wildhammer dwarves, an easy and lazy way out but sufficent enough to allow people to roleplay their characters like they want.
    It's exactly what I think, and I hope Blizzard reconsider the addition of more Allied races based on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutally Honest View Post
    You can much easier "roleplay a Wildhammer Dwarf with the Bronzebeard Dwarves, than you can roleplay a High Elf as a Void Elf, simply because the whole Void concept is antithetical to High Elves, and you can't ignore it, especially with racials like Spatial Rift.

The Dwarf racials aren't great, but don't interfere in your "roleplaying".

Ideally Wildhammer Dwarves should be its own Allied Race as well, but at least the compromise there is acceptable.

For High Elves it isn't.
    Yeah, both potential Allied races have their problems by just being these aesthetic options, I really think they just thought they could work on it at the same time they did customizations, new customizations are the big characteristic of Shadowlands, like Allied races were for BfA, so it's kinda normal that they try to do that, but obviously it just ends up as half-assed, but surely enough if you at least seek for the bare minimum.

Wildhammer Dwarves have different physical conditions, they are taller than Bronzebeards, maybe not exactly at the middle of humans and Bronzebeards, but taller anyways.

Allied races are just ideal, and criticism about it being too simple is just missing the point, since Allied races were the response to the request from players to have more playable options, and they are not adressing it by the customization side of it, which was another part of the request about these.

Shortly: Allied races are the ideal ground between customizations to add roleplaying possibilities and new races for that purpose, and they are taking steps back by not continuing adding these.

Also I don't see a 1000-page-long thread about Wildhammer Dwarves on the forum, so who cares.
    And I think Wildhammers are just being treated too badly because of this, as if they were just tattooed Dwarves, when it isn't the case. But yeah, it just looked too simple, and the discussion about High elves show that players have some sense of Blizzard being too austere about new additions, and endorsing such mentality is just nuts.

I still think these two should be added as Allied races, regardless of these new customizations they just added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. We just want to get the Sunwell corrupted, and Silvermoon to be renamed Voidmoon and the blood elves exiled to Suramar. Is that too much to ask ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Blizzard should just remove racials.

They could allow the elven races to become the first races that are truly neutral to each other in those cities, it solves a ton of issues. Just make them sanctuary and then give each faction 1 new main city. I vote for a rebuilt Undercity to fit the modern look of the Forsaken and allow the denizens of lordaeron who wish to see their undead loved ones visit whenever they like, as well as a rebuilt Gilneas where they will repay the hospitality and debt to the night elves by rebuilding it for both of their communities together.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    But the way he said it does not make it sound like that. The way he and blizzard has said it so far. Makes them sound like 1 race. Or better said :something we only want the looks for.
    He always said that High Elves are 'kinda' Blood Elves or 'pretty much' Blood Elves which inherently implies that they are different. He flat out said that High Elves are not planned to be playable, that High Elves don't have major settlements, etc. I just don't get how you see him talking about them as if they are one and the same despite all that. Like, honestly, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Again if he really ment they are 2 sepperate races or taken our wish for real ( not granted it). He could have said they would look to similar as blood elves. Or we do not think its a right idea etc etc...not : the horde is there for you.
    But he pretty much said that. He basically said that the looks of High Elves are already taken by Horde. If you want that looks, go play Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    no one was talking about groups, i was talking with others about races, not a single time the term group, was brought up, him, quoted me arguing for the sake of argue, he keep doing this a lot
    But you are the one that keeps saying "that race was already playable" when it's entirely irrelevant to the point. High Elves exist as another political entity, another group.

nothing in the game say that is irrelevant, per see, we only have different races playable, not groups as their full fledged stand alone thing,
    Which doesn't make sense from an in universe perspective where several races are present in both factions (thalassian elves, kul tiran, humans, pandaren) and it makes it clear it's a gameplay choice that evidently doesn't reflect in universe politics.

The whole point that "X race can be on only one faction" doesn't reflect the actual nuance of the setting, were not only individuals, but entire organizations exist on both factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Its like you read, but you ignore it.
    Void elves have void theme and blood/high elf theme.
    Blood elves have blood elf theme, and no other theme.
    So yeah, what do they get in return?
    This is simply math.
    1+? = 2
    Blood elves need the 1
    Honestly this is just the most inaccurate way to even thinking about what a theme is, dear lord. It makes no sense.

It's just ludicrous how "blood elf theme" and "void theme" are even comparable.

Light worship, Fel usage, Arcane reliance, Wilds marksman; these are ALL different themes each of one comparable to Void Study. The sheer arrogance to pretend that the "void theme" of void elves is even comparable to ALL the blood elven themes combined is just delusional.

Void Elves literally have one theme; they use void, while Blood Elves can go from pious light worshipers with golden eyes to demon hunters.

Trying to define "theme" as "but these to get to be blue and pink and these just pink so it's 2 themes on one side and 1 on the other" is outrageously silly. Especially if there's is literally no addressing why Void Elves get to be pink, it would literally still be just Void Theme with them.

I am 100% into the idea of adding Dark Ranger customization to Blood Elves, but the sheer misunderstanding of what a "theme" actually is, is utterly frustrating.

Just say aesthetics, that's what you mean, and learn what a theme actually is FFS.

10+ Year Old Account
    My next Alliance High elf mage. What do you think guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

Looks too voidy.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2020-06-04 at 09:57 PM. Reason: misspelling

I think if Blizzard wants to give additional hair styles to Void Elves the easiest thing they can do without just copying everything from Blood Elves is to copy some styles from other Alliance races.

Right now Humans share several hairstyles with Blood Elves. Even if for some reason Blizzard wants to avoid those particular styles, there's still quite a few from Humans alone that Blizzard could share with Void Elves without stepping on Blood Elf toes. And if Blizzard doesn't mind the crossover, they could also share those styles that Humans and Blood Elves have in common, with Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

try this... with and without wings!

Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-04 at 10:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah buddy. Enjoy your "High elves" while we enjoy ours

And most of us don't want blond haired blood elves. Blue/white/light pink is much cooler. High elves really need to distinguish themselves from their Horde counterparts.
    This is a pretty recent opinion I have seen and people start t take their loss, This is glorious to read hehe.

Specially from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I think if Blizzard wants to give additional hair styles to Void Elves the easiest thing they can do without just copying everything from Blood Elves is to copy some styles from other Alliance races.

Right now Humans share several hairstyles with Blood Elves. Even if for some reason Blizzard wants to avoid those particular styles, there's still quite a few from Humans alone that Blizzard could share with Void Elves without stepping on Blood Elf toes. And if Blizzard doesn't mind the crossover, they could also share those styles that Humans and Blood Elves have in common, with Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

try this... with and without wings!

The crown gives you orange/golden eyes.. I would say ditch the crown, doesn't match what you are trying.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-06-04 at 10:55 PM.

Nah. We just want to get the Sunwell corrupted, and Silvermoon to be renamed Voidmoon and the blood elves exiled to Suramar. Is that too much to ask ?
    there would be no blood elves or high elves anymore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account

https://zupimages.net/up/20/23/2tuj.png
    Not a fan of low res transmog, but I can see what you are doing with it.

I made another version, I hope you like it:

Here's a link to the wowhead dressing room if you want to turn it or whatever. https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...B8K8rQy8zA287o Had to use a Blood elf, since the new Void elf skins aren't available in the wowhead dressing room for now, but well, just dummies can care about it.

Man, it's just wonderful people can finally enjoy these.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Not a fan of low res transmog, but I can see what you are doing with it.

I made another version, I hope you like it:

Here's a link to the wowhead dressing room if you want to turn it or whatever. https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...B8K8rQy8zA287o Had to use a Blood elf, since the new Void elf skins aren't available in the wowhead dressing room for now, but well, just dummies can care about it.

Man, it's just wonderful people can finally enjoy these.
    Looks good, but you can't use that chest if you want the wings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But you are the one that keeps saying "that race was already playable" when it's entirely irrelevant to the point.
    when we are talking about races, isn't irrelevant,because is the truth, if no one had said race, like the dude clearly was saying race wanting to mean other thing, i would not be here
    Which doesn't make sense from an in universe perspective where several races are present in both factions (thalassian elves, kul tiran, humans, pandaren) and it makes it clear it's a gameplay choice that evidently doesn't reflect in universe politics.
    it makes totally sense in the unvierse eprspective and what the game is about, racial and faction warfare
    The whole point that "X race can be on only one faction" doesn't reflect the actual nuance of the setting, were not only individuals, but entire organizations exist on both factions.
    and the game since tis concentration is about different races in different factions, there is not other nuances of individuals other than people giving then more meaning that they had

It's just ludicrous how "blood elf theme" and "void theme" are even comparable.

Light worship, Fel usage, Arcane reliance, Wilds marksman; these are ALL different themes each of one comparable to Void Study. The sheer arrogance to pretend that the "void theme" of void elves is even comparable to ALL the blood elven themes combined is just delusional.
    none of those things are visually visible apart from just the eyes, in this exchange blood elves get to be 2 races in one(and people asking more) with all blood elf skins and blood elves apparently just getting 3 blue eye colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it's not. Kul'tirans are exactly the same race as stormwind humans.
    if they were exact the same they would look exact the same, not look like drusts being half-giants with 8ft

Except it doesn't, as shown by our current selection of playable races.
    our current selection of playable races is exactly that, races, not groups, nothing changed yet

I've already explained that. When people use the word "race" when talking about playable races, it's being talked about groups.
    if you are talking about groups, say groups, don't try to change the meaning of the word to fit your shenanigas

Because that's what you are, as a "playable race": a group within said race.
    and since there is not 2 groups of the same race playable being the same that is meaningless

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Looks good, but you can't use that chest if you want the wings.
    Yeah, a shirt can do the job, so it doesn't have bare shoulders under the shoulderpads, which is absolutely not of my liking.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...-tooters-tunic

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...-shirt&bonus=0

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...eregan-doublet

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...exodar-doublet

These have nice matching colors and the right amount of length to it to replace the previous chest piece when you want wings.