1. #19401
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yes they have, on a couple of occasions. That's not going to stop people from being upset their 2-3 years were wasted trying to deny High Elves and thus engaging in pedantry or coming off as spiteful.

    Enjoying the new profile look btw
    Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting the actual options to hit the alpha and wowhead dressing room so I can start planning what I might look like when pre-patch hits. For now I can only use the Blood Elf options (which are out of date) and the one hairstyle thats virtually identical between Void and Blood Elves. Here's what I'm thinking of going for in more detail though!


    I'll likely stick to one of Void Elf specific hairstyles though. I like several of them more than the one pictured. Like many, I am particularly fond of this style:
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 09:05 PM.

  2. #19402
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    To be fair, Ion did give em the ammunition to spite with that. But obviously if one so chooses they can help support wanting more options/sharing more options rather than trying to gatekeepy and selfish about it.

    Like yeah Ion memed during that April Q&A, but it's always been a sensible notion that High Elves are requested because there are High Elves on the Alliance.
    I was more referring to the fact that, you know, literally ever race that resembles a human has pink skin tones... it's not like blood elves should be entitled to look like fair-skinned individuals.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  3. #19403
    Bloodsail Admiral Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,179
    I wonder which war is more bloody? Considering that both is still kinda ongoing to the point of no ending

    WoW fans vs. WC3 purists or pro-Helfers vs. anti-helfers
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  4. #19404
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting the actual options to hit the alpha and wowhead dressing room so I can start planning what I might look like when pre-patch hits. For now I can only use the Blood Elf options (which are out of date) and the one hairstyle thats virtually identical between Void and Blood Elves. Here's what I'm thinking of going for in more detail though!


    I'll likely stick to one of Void Elf specific hairstyles though. I like several of them more than the one pictured. Like many I am particularly fond of this style:
    Ah yes, powerful and sexy fitting!

    Also yeah female Void Elves have a lot of nice hairstyles, a pity that the males do not, or that too many of them look nice but are ruined by the tentacles. Hoping for more regular ones otherwise I'll just use the non-tentacly ones and call it a day!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I was more referring to the fact that, you know, literally ever race that resembles a human has pink skin tones... it's not like blood elves should be entitled to look like fair-skinned individuals.
    This is true, I was being pre-emptive in case I said this and someone piped in with 'BUT ION SAID 4 ELVES...." as in being the only fair skinned elf.

    Oh man, it's fun reading the beginning of the thread sometimes while sipping coffee. I recall saying it never made sense that we have 3 purple elves in the game and only 1 pink skin elf, that can look extremely weird for Blizzard to withhold.

    And now Blood Elves are no longer the only ones with human skin/pink skin tones. Feels good

  5. #19405
    I'm hopeful that the males get more styles and both sexes get non-tentacle versions of the tentacled hair styles. While I do like and use some of the tentacle styles, I'd like versions of them without so those who want to look more "High Elf" can still use them. Fortunately the Void Elf hair I mentioned is actually one that doesn't have tentacles so its good to go for everyone already.

  6. #19406
    It's already shown in the preview images that they will be re-doing the tentacled hair options to remove the tentacle bits.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  7. #19407
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's already shown in the preview images that they will be re-doing the tentacled hair options to remove the tentacle bits.
    Actually that's not true. The images feature hair that either has no tentacles by default or the tentacles drape behind the back and are unseen. Observe:


    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 09:24 PM.

  8. #19408
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Actually that's not true. The images feature hair that either has no tentacles by default or the tentacles drape behind the back and are unseen. Observe:


    I think it's just a visual bug or something. What's the point of removing the tentacle bits from the front to add tentacle bits at the back?
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  9. #19409
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think it's just a visual bug or something. What's the point of removing the tentacle bits from the front to add tentacle bits at the back?
    I think you misunderstood. Those hairstyles always had no tentacles or tentacles only in the back.

  10. #19410
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I think you misunderstood. Those hairstyles always had no tentacles or tentacles only in the back.
    Oh yeah silly me, void elves women have two hairstyle options that I always get confused. I see now.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  11. #19411
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm hopeful that the males get more styles and both sexes get non-tentacle versions of the tentacled hair styles. While I do like and use some of the tentacle styles, I'd like versions of them without so those who want to look more "High Elf" can still use them. Fortunately the Void Elf hair I mentioned is actually one that doesn't have tentacles so its good to go for everyone already.
    Blizzard should make a tentacle-free version of these hairstyles, or make a tab with or without tentacles in character creation.
    There are a lot of beautiful hairstyles but these tentacles make them ugly, I'm not a fan.

  12. #19412
    No no... They didn't move tentacles. Those hairstyles are completely unaltered.

    Here look at the back of those hairstyles:



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Blizzard should make a tentacle-free version of these hairstyles, or make a tab with or without tentacles in character creation.
    There are a lot of beautiful hairstyles but these tentacles make them ugly, I'm not a fan.
    I like the tentacles on some of them but I do agree that having non-tentacle versions of them would be very nice... especially in the face of the upcoming High Elf customization options.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 10:06 PM.

  13. #19413
    Epic! Highelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    #Garithoswasright
    Posts
    1,612
    All I want now are the colored face tats.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

  14. #19414
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    All I want now are the colored face tats.
    Me too.

    Voidy, blue, violet and magenta variants. Fits both high and void elves.
    Whatever...

  15. #19415
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I hope all of this backfires on you Helfers.
    "Backfire" how, exactly?

    You’re taking a few customization options and running with it faster than I could possibly imagine,
    "We"? Who's "we"? Because I'm not going anywhere. I didn't ask for VE customization options, I asked for an actual high elf race in the Alliance.

    and when the Blood Elf fans point out that there’s nothing unique about their race they get ridiculed.
    I find it astounding how some people can only find enjoyment in the game if they deny other people what they're asking for.

    You are the most toxic group of people I have ever seen.
    You're not exactly setting up an example of non-toxicity, mind you.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  16. #19416
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Because I’m pointing out that there’s nothing unique left to the race I’ve played most of my gaming life of WoW, I’m the toxic one? I guess me wishing it backfires can be seen as such but it’s obvious that they’re trying to take everything and leave us with nothing.
    Hello, I'm a Blood elf main player since mid 2009 here.

    You are wrong.

  17. #19417
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Which is a terrible explanation, because if the void/light abandon the body, then they shouldn't be lightforged or void elf DKs. They'd just regular draenei or blood elves. Either they should be protected from undeath, or undeath should take away their powers.

    It's exactly the kind of lorelol that would allow light-infused void elves.
    The light and void don't protect the body unless they do so actively.
    The explanation has been there since WC2 and up. You have had plenty of paladins who were brought back from the dead despite the light being within their bodies.
    The LF dranei are no different. You die, the light leaves, simply because there is no reason for anything to be there.
    The only reason undeath doesnt take away their racial powers is because of gameplay.
    Blood elf DK's shouldnt have arcane torrent, but they do because removnig racial powers and making specific DK powers is not possible to code.
    Some things just exist because of the limitations of design.

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=Aldo Hawk;52387896]I don't understand why you use the forums as a place to throw your complaints at. It's not even the official forums.[/quo
    Same reason you post here dude. If you cannot understand, that is pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Also.. You have been explained what people preferred, and they preferred an Allied Race.
    haha, no they didnt.
    It was just a foil mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    So... It's intellectually dishonest to just say that now that they can have High elves, at least on looks, you come out saying this.
    Not really? Do you even understand what being intellectually dishonest means?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    What's your intention, Bruhflake? To endlessly complain? To bait people into fruitless exchanges so you can feel you are vindicating yourself?
    not sure whom you are talking to Aldo, but if you are referring to me, you may want to curb your behaviors. You should be learning from the past, not repeatingit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Hello, I'm a Blood elf main player since mid 2009 here.

    You are wrong.
    Claims need to be backed up dude.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia;52390791

    I find it astounding how some people can only find enjoyment in the game if they deny other people what they're asking for.[/quote
    That is a pretty toxic thing of you to say. As if the only reason people can possible disagree with you is because they are enjoying making you miserable.
    Sorry, no one hates you. They just dont agree with you stealing the theme of a horde race


    You're not exactly setting up an example of non-toxicity, mind you.

  18. #19418
    Everyone's just demanding more and more and I still just want my nightborne to squint. >.< You're not the only elves, damn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  19. #19419
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Everyone's just demanding more and more and I still just want my nightborne to squint. >.< You're not the only elves, damn it!
    Nightborne will probably get some love during the night elf pass.
    Whatever...

  20. #19420
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    haha, no they didnt.
    It was just a foil mate.
    No. It was not a "foil". That is the request. We want high elves as a playable allied race. The request was never about "we want high elves as customization options".

    It's very intellectually dishonest to say we are lying when we say we want high elves as a playable allied race simply because some are accepting the upcoming void elf customization options as a compromise.

    Claims need to be backed up dude.
    Same applies to you. If you want to claim that blood elves are "losing" something, you have to show what they are losing, and why do you think they're losing it.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •