Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    True. The Blood Elves were still true to themselves when they were still magic junkies, it gave them the Horde's true character: edgy outcast with morally grey theme
    I think BC era blood elves were closer to original highborne and Anasterian's Quel'thalas than this new abomination with Lightwell.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Blood elves were sooo interesting back in TBC until that shitty redemption story.

Now they have only become long eared humans absolutely loving the Horde for no reasons.

I really miss them. It seems Void elves replaced them.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know that the sole reason pro-high-elf supporters have been giving those suggestions, was to try to appease the anti-high-elfers who would constantly harp on this "you just want the blood elf model" nonsense.
    Something the antis seem to forget about very often.

Honestly I feel most of the reason for those who are upset or harping on 'MuH bLoOd elF UNiqUeness' is because the suggestions people made for Alliance High Elves were probably wanted by them for Blood Elves and Blood Elves only. So they could keep memeing the 'blood elves are high elves'/'horde is waiting for you' phrases.

Also I and others did keep saying that the request was maintaining its momentum because anti-s couldn't help but keep trying to argue against it.

The same thing occurred when people organized to make Artifact Weapon cosmetic unlocks stay permanent whereas Blizzard initially was going to lock ALL the looks of em away. Threads upon threads fighting for the unlocks to stay were had, with a consistent group of dissenters.

Then Blizzard made a GOOD compromise by limiting only the Mage Tower skins.

Same thing in essence happened here, arguing for High Elves in an organized fashion with a consistent group of dissenters and Blizzard giving a GOOD compromise (not ideal) with blue eyes to both and human skin tones (or high elf I should say ) to Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Something the antis seem to forget about very often.

Honestly I feel most of the reason for those who are upset or harping on 'MuH bLoOd elF UNiqUeness' is because the suggestions people made for Alliance High Elves were probably wanted by them for Blood Elves and Blood Elves only. So they could keep memeing the 'blood elves are high elves'/'horde is waiting for you' phrases.

Also I and others did keep saying that the request was maintaining its momentum because anti-s couldn't help but keep trying to argue against it.

The same thing occurred when people organized to make Artifact Weapon cosmetic unlocks stay permanent whereas Blizzard initially was going to lock ALL the looks of em away. Threads upon threads fighting for the unlocks to stay were had, with a consistent group of dissenters.

Then Blizzard made a GOOD compromise by limiting only the Mage Tower skins.

Same thing in essence happened here, arguing for High Elves in an organized fashion with a consistent group of dissenters and Blizzard giving a GOOD compromise (not ideal) with blue eyes to both and human skin tones (or high elf I should say ) to Void Elves.
    One of the things that I tried to suggest way back in 2018 was to give void elves "somewhat normal skins". Even made a few mockups:

The answer I was given is that it intruded too much into blood elf aesthetics.

Now we got actual blood elf skins. Of all tones.
    In a way, by being too stubborn to make concessions, they ended up with a situation that they "lost" even more. But hey, they got blue eyes, wasn't that what they wanted?
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Essentially.
    I guess nightborne will soon get a night elf model.
    As a nightborne I'd want slinted eyes, more hair/jewelry styles, and removed chin plate on the female heritage armor. If I wanted to push it, additional Suramar npc-themed clothing sets available from the nightfallen reputation vendor and an option to look slightly withered like Thalyssra pre-magic fruit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    One of the things that I tried to suggest way back in 2018 was to give void elves "somewhat normal skins". Even made a few mockups:

In a way, by being too stubborn to make concessions, they ended up with a situation that they "lost" even more. But hey, they got blue eyes, wasn't that what they wanted?
    I actually like those mockups of slightly tinted skin more than the ones with the voidy arms and legs. Great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Well congratulations upon stealing our looks. I am glad you’re so happy with it, but can’t see why I’m upset about it.
    "Beautiful, Nordic looking elves should be Horde only." Did I guess correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Yes please, I can't wait for the Blood elves to loose the Sunwell again so they go back at not being boring normie copypasta fantasy elfy elves and bring life to the concept of Blood elves that existed in TbC again.

It was just better, but Blizzard simply has a weird fetish with 'redemption' stories...
    I want Blood Elves to become a race that values 'vengeance' again (Things you hear when you click on NPCs) and not being the 'nice guys'. They're not evil, you won't see them willingly go start wars as they just want to protect their own people - but if you mess with them? They'll send a Blood Knight at you: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1503115893

Never forget that the "True Masters of the Light" burnt down the chapel where the Silver Hand was formed, even if Blizzard seem to have forgotten that part!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh yeah silly me, void elves women have two hairstyle options that I always get confused. I see now.
    No worries. I made the exact same mistake.

No, but they joined the Horde, and were just as much a "never an iconic race" of the Horde, only showing up here and there to help, just like the high elves.
    but the high elves joined the horde in tbc, under another name

you entirely moved goalposts about HE being a iconic race of the alliance in the majority of wow to say they were not iconic but should be a thing anyway

No, that's false.
    since most of the spammers died out when they announced the skin colors, and now others are demanding the entirety of the blood elf options, it is very safe to assume isn't false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    But they are. We will just play the second generation of void elves aka Silvermoon and exiled elves mastering the void.
    they are not high elves just using the void, they are blood/high elves mutaded by the void, it is the base of the entire race and how they got different racials, a different racial set in stone as a fact that they are not the same race anymore

Btw I'm not asking any blood elf customizations. I will happily play my blue haired, fair skinned High elf.
    maybe not you, but there is topics asking exactly that, a lot of people is asking, all blood elf customization plus their classes like paladin, and lore be dammed, and im saying that is a bit too much, and they should at least keep a minimum amount of difference and uniqueness especially when blood elves aren't getting nothing from void elves in this exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they are not high elves just using the void

You're gonna have to start coping one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're gonna have to start coping one of these days.
    yeah, i know, like i said, high/blood elves mutated by the void, second wave

yeah, i know, like i said, high/blood elves mutated by the void, second wave
    Standard high elves have a long history of randomly turning purple/black and teleporting through the shadows.
    Didn’t you know?

but the high elves joined the horde in tbc, under another name
    And the high elves, those that still hold onto that name, have not. What's your point?

you entirely moved goalposts about HE being a iconic race of the alliance in the majority of wow to say they were not iconic but should be a thing anyway
    I never said they're not iconic. I just pointed out that, just like the goblins in the Horde, the high elves have been present within the Alliance for a long time.

since most of the spammers died out when they announced the skin colors, and now others are demanding the entirety of the blood elf options, it is very safe to assume isn't false.
    But it is false. People accepting a compromise because they now believe they won't ever get what they really want does not mean it was "all about the looks". To say it is, is blatant dishonesty.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

But it is false. People accepting a compromise because they now believe they won't ever get what they really want does not mean it was "all about the looks". To say it is, is blatant dishonesty.
    If we went with "No, this is unacceptable, we want helf allied race", they'd say we are never satisfied and Blizzard shouldn't listen to us.
    If we go with "Ok, this is a better compromise", they say it was never about lore, but looks.

Even when void elves were unveiled, before they appeared in 7.3.5 datamining, we were asking for Blizzard for at least allow some normal skins, only to be countrered by antis saying that that was unacceptable.

It was never us that were unwilling for any compromise, it was always them. Even the original blue-skinned void elves were too much for them.
    Whatever...

I don't get why those against Alliance High Elves keep focusing on "you only wanted them for their looks!". Even if that were true (and it may be for as many as it isn't), so what? How does that make the request any less valid? I'm always confused whenever I see this. As if it's some sort of "gotcha!" and somehow destroys the validity of the request. It doesn't and I don't get why anyone thinks it would.

Great looks, I remember these and would've been fine with them as well.

That's the hilarious thing about it, in an effort of not compromising to give a few altered human skin tone ranges, we High Elf fans now get copy/pasted all of em

One could say anti-helfs being greedy led to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I don't get why those against Alliance High Elves keep focusing on "you only wanted them for their looks!". Even if that were true (and it may be for as many as it isn't), so what? How does that make the request any less valid? I'm always confused whenever I see this. As if it's some sort of "gotcha!" and somehow destroys the validity of the request. It doesn't and I don't get why anyone thinks it would.
    99.9% of players choose races for their looks.

Why do people want Ogres/Hozen/Jinyu/etc? Because players want to play characters that LOOK like them.

Sure, some do want for lore/story/RP reasons, but the LOOK is still the important bit.

Do people think if Blizzard implemented a race like this, having the lore of such a race, in pic below and labeled it 'Ogres' people would be 100% on board with it? Would @Syegfryed finally be content?

That some people only care for LOOKS really does not matter, as that's the reason 99.9% of people choose their races in WoW to play.

- - - Updated - - -

It was never us that were unwilling for any compromise, it was always them. Even the original blue-skinned void elves were too much for them.
    Pretty much. So many bullshit hoops by the anti-crowd. Glad it backfired and High Elf fans got a true and real compromise.

I could type out all the bullshit arguments, but that's maybe meh

Pretty much. So many bullshit hoops by the anti-crowd. Glad it backfired and High Elf fans got a true and real compromise.

I could type out all the bullshit arguments, but that's maybe meh
    They are extinct.

They are too few.

They aren't Alliance.

They aren't an important part of the Alliance.

They aren't real.

They aren't the true ones.

They are the fake ones.

They aren't unique.

They are a loreless whim.

Blood elves are High elves.

Void elves are a good compromise.

The Horde owns them.

The Alliance doesn't own them.

One character said one thing so everything else doesn't matter.

You just want the aesthetic.

You will never be satisfied.

You are stealing/You want my toy.

You are a nazi in disguise who just want aryan fantasy (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

The Sunwell whatever.

Silvermoon whatever.

Quel'thalas whatever.

Whatever about moniker.

Etc...

It's too much, not even bad paraphrasing, it's literally these things, and, honestly, it shows how desperate they were.

And yeah, I'm expecting for some lost anti to quote and think he is some kind of mastermind with exceptional mastery in debate, so, in advance, no, you aren't, these points have been discussed ad nauseam and you are wrong.

I wonder if we'll ever see a Thalassian reunification in the future. I imagine the Void elves and High elves could be of huge help in rebuilding the rest of Silvermoon and offering extra protection to their home. But then again Ion said factions are not going away, so...

The seeds are there though. Both Alleria and Umbric seek to bring Silvermoon back into the Alliance. Vereesa also wants to "set the blood elves on the path of redemption", whatever that means.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

Do people think if Blizzard implemented a race like this, having the lore of such a race, in pic below and labeled it 'Ogres' people would be 100% on board with it? Would @Syegfryed finally be content?
    lool, such dishonesty, you are telling me putting this and saying it was ogres is the same thing of blizzard giving void elves? when ogres are not in the game and high elves were already in the other faction?

if they give me void ogres i would be completely fine dude, and ogres are not even in the game, i would be completely content with a void ogre instead, im not petty
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-06-03 at 10:30 AM.

if they give me void ogres i would be completely fine dude, and ogres are not even in the game i would be completely content with a void ogre instead, im not petty
    ngl void ogres actually sound really cool
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.