I can literally make a Kirin Tor High Elf Mage in the Dressing Room, using the Void Elf features:
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...8lZP8tz8pWi87s

The High Elf fanatics need to give it up. If you make something like her or like the Ranger above - then use your imagination and be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    A-MEN

Looks very High Elf to me I'm satisfied! All the unique Alliance armors are now going to look sooooooooooo good on the Alliance High Elves!
    That does look awesome. I'm satisfied as well. It just makes sense for present day iteration of The High Elves to be a branch of Alliance-side Thalassian elves. Joke's on the hard ass Horde players who were against High Elves on the Alliance to begin with because now, we have TWO Thalassian elves on Alliance; Void, and what looks identical to High Elves. They just have Blood Elves.

I call that a win/win.

You are aware Blood Elves are also getting the "High Elf" features right? The blue eyes and such...?

And this makes sense since the Sunreaver forces who stood against Jaina and Vereesa also had blue eyes. It's a win/win for everyone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I can literally make a Kirin Tor High Elf Mage in the Dressing Room, using the Void Elf features:
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...8lZP8tz8pWi87s

The High Elf fanatics need to give it up. If you make something like her or like the Ranger above - then use your imagination and be creative.
    That's true, people can pick a Void elf and properly roleplay as a High elf.

Just saying an Allied race would be better in all cases.

You are aware Blood Elves are also getting the "High Elf" features right? The blue eyes and such...?

And this makes sense since the Sunreaver forces who stood against Jaina and Vereesa also had blue eyes. It's a win/win for everyone.
    Then they're not Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    That's true, people can pick a Void elf and properly roleplay as a High elf.

Just saying an Allied race would be better in all cases.
    This is so unlikely, it's beyond funny now. You ain't getting an allied race for this.

We've got the two races who can now look akin to High Elves. It's time to move on and either play a blood elf with blue eyes or a void elf with blue eyes and pale skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    Then they're not Blood Elves.
    But they are though. See here:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Frosthand
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Captain
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Summoner

These can all be seen with blue eyes and are noted to be "Blood Elves."
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-07-08 at 09:30 PM.

Yeah, I don't know what any of that gibberish means, but it's not hard to add proper High Elves.
    They're not gonna add 3 separate races that all boil down to pretty much the same thing now that these customization options are here.

Wildhammer Dwarves are far more different from Bronzebeard Dwarves by comparison and they aren't getting their own race either.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is so unlikely, it's beyond funny now. You ain't getting an allied race for this.

We've got the two races who can now look akin to High Elves. It's time to move on and either play a blood elf with blue eyes or a void elf with blue eyes and pale skin.
    Yo pal tone down.

Just saying keep the message out, just so they don't forget that there could more be done than just external aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Along with access to the new violet eyes!
    Void Elves currently have that as an option on the alpha!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Yo pal tone down.

Just saying keep the message out, just so they don't forget that there could more be done than just external aesthetics.
    Or we don't bother and appreciate what Blizzard has done, for once.
    We can do that, you know...how about just accept that High Elves won't happen and you play as either a blood elf or void elf?

Blizzard have actually given us far more options that High Elves could legit, have - such as purple hair and purple eyes. This is only for High Elves who are on the Alliance.
    Also - rather than take, take, take from Blood Elves - actually have features from Humans and Night Elves. They love to get it on with Humans and they descend from Night Elves.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-07-08 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wildhammer Dwarves are far more different from Bronzebeard Dwarves by comparison and they aren't getting their own race either.
    No, they are not. It's the other way around. You can't be a void-infused High Elf. That makes you a Void Elf. That is literally the only distinction.

They're not gonna add 3 separate races that all boil down to pretty much the same thing now that these customization options are here.
    2 is ok, 3 is too much?

We have two types of Draenei, two types of Orcs, two types of Night Elves, two types of High/Blood Elves, two types of Humans (3 if you count Gilneans), two types of Trolls, hell even two types of Gnomes.

But giving High Elves their own racials, mount and heritage armor is overkill?

Ok bye

- - - Updated - - -

But they are though. See here:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Frosthand
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Captain
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Summoner

These can all be seen with blue eyes and are noted to be "Blood Elves."
    The concept of a Blood Elf is that of a fel-corrupted High Elf with green eyes.

You can point to a couple of ingame Elves with blue eyes that are allied with the Blood Elf forces, maybe even identify as Blood Elves. Ok. But that is still not what Blood Elves are on a conceptual level. What Blood Elves are is what Blizzard turned them into with WC3 TFT. Fel-corrupted Elves with green eyes.
    Last edited by Allan Coe; 2020-07-08 at 09:36 PM.

Ahh right, so you know nothing about Blood Elves then.

Ahh well, we can't all hold knowledge on the most played race of the Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Or we don't bother and appreciate what Blizzard has done, for once.
    We can do that, you know...how about just accept that High Elves won't happen and you play as either a blood elf or void elf?
    You just assume I don't 'appreciate' the addition just because I insist on it being more complete, that's a big miss.

And yeah I do play my Blood elf since 2009 and is staying that way because I prefer Blood elves and I prefer the Horde.

An Allied race will always be better, is that too radical? Too 'fanatic'?

Too ridiculous and fanatical, when two races now get those features.
    Just move on, for goodness sake...I can't wait to make my Void Elf Huntress into a High Elf with the new features, but I'm not going to prance around the internet all day, demanding Blizzard give me something which will now - never happen. You have seen, that I can make a High Elf in the dressing room.
    What you want is out of the question, because it's coming.

Even High Elf fanatics have accepted that an allied race ship has sailed. You can keep repeating it over and over and it won't make a difference. Blizzard has done their jobs and it's time to move on, get over it and obsess over something else.

High Elves are coming for both Horde and Alliance. Accept, be happy and move on.

No, they are not. It's the other way around. You can't be a void-infused High Elf. That makes you a Void Elf. That is literally the only distinction.

2 is ok, 3 is too much?

We have two types of Draenei, two types of Orcs, two types of Night Elves, two types of High/Blood Elves, two types of Humans (3 if you count Gilneans), two types of Trolls, hell even two types of Gnomes.

But giving High Elves their own racials, mount and heritage armor is overkill?

Ok bye
    Void Elves look different enough from Blood Elves. This is why they were added in the first place instead of High Elves.

Now both Void Elves and Blood Elves have the option to look like High Elves. And you believe that they'll add a third race with that exact same aesthetic? It just sounds obtuse tbh.

And yes you can be a void-empowered High Elf. Alleria is just that.

And yes you can be a void-empowered High Elf. Alleria is just that.
    Alleria is a void elf

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadows_Rising

The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance race to uncover her next move, including her own sister, Alleria. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas's whereabouts.

Void Elves look different enough from Blood Elves.
    Alleria looks completely different from either Void Elves and Blood Elves. It would be so hard to make them look different right? Just give them blue face tattoos.

This more than anything is what I want, and it is not possible for my character to be that neither with Void nor with Blood Elves, and it is distinct enough from both of them to warrant being its own race.

And if you don't like it, so what? Don't play one. Why does the idea of this being an option offend you so much?

5+ Year Old Account
    Too ridiculous and fanatical, when two races now get those features.
    Just move on, for goodness sake...I can't wait to make my Void Elf Huntress into a High Elf with the new features, but I'm not going to prance around the internet all day, demanding Blizzard give me something which will now - never happen. You have seen, that I can make a High Elf in the dressing room.
    What you want is out of the question, because it's coming.

Even High Elf fanatics have accepted that an allied race ship has sailed. You can keep repeating it over and over and it won't make a difference. Blizzard has done their jobs and it's time to move on, get over it and obsess over something else.

High Elves are coming for both Horde and Alliance. Accept, be happy and move on.
    Tone it down...

This was also 'never' going to happen.

You have seen, that I can make a High Elf in the dressing room.
    ?????? You are trying to prove me something I never denied, I even acknowledged it in my recent posts, who's being fanatical here?

Look, I had enough of the anti's obnoxious bullshit that never made sense, still asking for an Allied race is a message, and that message is that the addition can get more things done than just a costume for Void elves.

I will be surprised if they even remove the voice filter Void elves have giving an option to do so, that's the level of lacking proper characteristics the new customization has apart from the outside looks, that, as I said is only enought to properly roleplay with it, but not enought in a more intrinsecal way.

Yep and your message is ringing hollow, because the majority are actually happy. The common player is happy, but it's the internet forums where this is seen to be a "big issue." It's not anymore. We're getting High Elves for both factions. It's time to move on and stop asking the impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    High elf.