Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are just distorting things now

i care less if alliance get prettier things, i care if they get a copy paste race with slightest modifications possible that not make sense in lore

the bulky elves could be ass ugly, i would be against it anyway
    slight modidications make no sense in lore? i see you didnt see how hafthor bjornson became kul tiran human in 6 years.
    Why wouldnt vegetarian high elf look skinnier than his blood elven brother?

still dont know why do you insist on that we want them bulkier, whatever is more convenient, i would take it
    Last edited by mmoc09bcb5d61f; 2018-04-29 at 09:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    slight modidications make no sense in lore?
    the "slight modifications" suggested by the high elf fans don't make sense inlore

i see you didnt see how hafthor bjornson became kul tiran human in 6 years.
    false analogy

Why wouldnt vegetarian high elf look skinnier than his blood elven brother?
    why would they be bulkier?

and again, false equivalence

5+ Year Old Account
    "differentiate slightest as possible so they still look like the elves but better"

yeah sure, He fans calling other people crybabies is the juiciest bit of hypocrisy

cause different hairstyles and tattoos sure make then different enough

oh no but they can be bulky with no reasons at all, sure, that make sense, even if don't make then "different enough"

this is just you point of view, if an elf have no magic source, and overcome his addiction,he will be skinny and pale thana n elf who regularly have his source of magicc, is like eating

you now what represent high elves as we see then? exactly the same as blood elves

you know what NOT represent high elves as wee seen then? being bulky
    So Blood Elves are 'bulky'......

And anything you can come is tattoos and hairstyles, not something like erasing the bright from the eyes, changing facial structure, giving them another idle, a slightly changed body (more or less musculated, i don't care) and do not forget about the new voicing.

Please try harder, i'm not find myself in any trouble to proove myself right.

Just presenting the idea of skinny high elves just because they don't suck on mana anymore is not how i know high elves should meant to be, from what i know who suffers this way are the Nightborne (and the playable ones at least ate the arcan'dor's fruit, so they don't have this condition anymore), while High Elves are those who feel weakened and in need of mana like a crack addict if do not get a dose, and just converting into a wretched when they consume too much of it, and dying if they do not consume any of it.

Deleted
    why would they be bulkier?

and again, false equivalence
    i dont know, you tell me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're saying that the High Elves were able to get support from the Alliance, while the Blood Elves had no one? Isn't that kind of strange? It seems like you're saying here that the Alliance were better friends than the Horde, so the Blood Elves had to fend for themselves. That would be just explaining the difference by saying that the Alliance is morally superior. There's no complexity to the story, the implication is just A > B.

To make the story interesting, overcoming the addiction has to have a price. Otherwise, it will just boil down to a demonstration of how High Elves are better than Blood Elves, or how the Alliance is better than the Horde. That kind of story isn't going to pass the quality test.
    Heh the point is they chose fel and isolation/self reliance instead of choosing to overcome the magic addiction by turning to others for help.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Blizzard making a mistake in their eyes, and then attempting to not make that mistake again is bad logic to you? All because they didn't remove their mistake from the game?

A mistake that a percentage of the players still enjoy? That will have repercussions if that content is cleansed from the game? Should content ever be cut from the game?

lmfaooooooooo okay

No my response to you was for you to understand that your statements were in fact opinions. Get over yourself.

"My opinion is fact!!!!!!!"
    Right, so now i'm asking to delete Pandas, are you right mate?

And then, you are not prooving my facts are opinions, you are the one making his opinions facts without backup.

Can you answer me why i can't make a goblin in vanilla wow? or you just care when is about high elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    i dont know, you tell me
    More physical activity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    How does it not make sense in the lore though?

They are all over the place, truly few things say "Alliance" as much as high elves. It's extremely integral to the faction's identity imo.

It'd be like the old crew has all finally come back together, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and High Elves, isn't that nice and wholesome?
    Sometimes an opinion is wrong, and that is the case here.

The thalassian elves are not an integral part of the identity of the Alliance. How can they be when only a tiny number of them exist on the Alliance faction?

The races that are integral to the identity of the Alliance are Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen, Night Elves and Draenei. It is a disservice to the six core races of the Alliance to say that a Horde race is more important than any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    More physical activity
    And why would a Blood Elf Warrior or Hunter or Rogue not be as bulky?

Why would a High Elf Mage be bulkier than a Blood Elf Mage?

You are trying to rationalise something that cannot be rationalised.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

The thalassian elves are not an integral part of the identity of the Alliance. How can they be when only a tiny number of them exist on the Alliance faction?

The races that are integral to the identity of the Alliance are Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen, Night Elves and Draenei. It is a disservice to the six core races of the Alliance to say that a Horde race is more important than any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Gnomes and Draenei aren't known by it's very large populations you know?

And truly, Gnomes? do you mean Gnomes are important to the alliance? how many times a group of Gnomes were important than the alliance? or a group of alliance night elves? or Draenei? or bloody worgen? are you just saying that high elves didn't appeared just one time (spoiler, more than one time) fighting on the alliance side and that they are a horde race?

You're just totally biased.

Heh the point is they chose fel and isolation/self reliance instead of choosing to overcome the magic addiction by turning to others for help.
    So, what do they get out of it? Why is that the pragmatic choice? Or are they just afraid to ask for help?

If they're just afraid, it's another story that boils down to A > B. Furthermore, it would be a demonstration that their desire for isolation is even greater than their sense of pragmatism. That would be a very unflattering character development, so I don't see that story making it into the game either.

If they got something out of it, on the other hand, it can only be demonstrated by showing its absence for High Elves. That's why I brought this up. Unless you really are just asking for Better Elves, there has to be a tradeoff for escaping addiction. What are you willing to let go of? What would make sense?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    So Blood Elves are 'bulky'......
    blood elves are what we see ingame, exactly the same as high elves
    And anything you can come is tattoos and hairstyles,
    its not me, its the HE crowd who suggest that, for then hairstyle and tattoos is enough

not something like erasing the bright from the eyes,
    i suggest white eyes, the sign of no magic, but guess what? only blue eyes is ok

changing facial structure
    again this come up the argument of horde players wanting maghar orcs from outland, but with changing facial structure and another idle, thats just nonsense to back up your desire
    giving them another idle, a slightly changed body (more or less musculated, i don't care) and do not forget about the new voicing.
    it was exactly what i suggest, skinny( slightly changed in the body who could mean another idle) pale skin( not void elf like) and white eyes due to the withdraw of magic

but again, no, people want an enhanced model of BE/HE who don't make then different enough like many times i see in the topic

there is even the suggest of half-elves, so they would look bulkier than normal elves, due to human blood, but people don't want it, they only want pure elves

Please try harder, i'm not find myself in any trouble to prove myself right.
    you don't need to prove yourself right when you didn't even try to be right

Just presenting the idea of skinny high elves just because they don't suck on mana anymore is not how i know high elves should meant to be, from what i know who suffers this way are the Nightborne (and the playable ones at least ate the arcan'dor's fruit, so they don't have this condition anymore), while High Elves are those who feel weakened and in need of mana like a crack addict if do not get a dose, and just converting into a wretched when they consume too much of it, and dying if they do not consume any of it.
    high elves and nightborne work in the same way, without a source of magic their body become weak, and could lead to sequelae, its the addiction their share since they were highborne. its jut like eating, if you don't eat enough or don't eat at all,you become weak, more fragile, skinny, not bulky

the frozen throne campaign kael stated his kin is becoming weak, fragile, with the hunger, their eyes become white cause they have no magic to feed, the exiled elves from lorthemar stated the same thing, and the relief they felt when Sunwell came back
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-29 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are more reliant on magic

And i don't think you ever answered me before. Do you even HAVE an alliance character? Because HE are at minimum the second most represented race in our questing

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because they are more reliant on magic

And i don't think you ever answered me before. Do you even HAVE an alliance character? Because HE are at minimum the second most represented race in our questing
    It doesn't mean your desires for it are any less ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

And truly, Gnomes? do you mean Gnomes are important to the alliance? how many times a group of Gnomes were important than the alliance? or a group of alliance night elves? or Draenei? or bloody worgen? are you just saying that high elves didn't appeared just one time (spoiler, more than one time) fighting on the alliance side and that they are a horde race?

I think he has never played alliance not really and doesn't realize just how much HE are used/thrown in our faces

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Any living Blood Elf of a reasonable age WAS A HIGH ELF AT ONE POINT. You can't separate the two as long as this continues to be true.
    Which would be every BE PC actually, considering the divide to becoming a blood elf isn't even what. 20 years past? Its what i've never really got about this entire debate from the start. Blood elves are high elves. They just changed their name. And the main "factions" that would call themselves "alliance high elves" are simply those that where not in Quel'thalas when Arthas did his thing. Meaning those elves that stayed in their spots, turned their backs on their homelands, their friends, family, PEOPLE, "for the alliance, cause, reasons." And some how 20 years of ignoring this is supposed to make them a different race entirely. When its a POLITICAL CHOICE, that they made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It doesn't mean your desires for it are any less ridiculous.
    How is it ridiculous to want a race with a very long history of ties to the alliance? Longer might i add then NE, Worgen, draenei or gell BE(given they are former be that means 11 plus years allied with the horde)

It is a disservice to the six core races of the Alliance to say that a Horde race is more important than any of them.
    They're one of the founding groups of the Alliance, the reason the Kirin Tor exist at all, and old allies with the humans against the Amani.
    And yet they're a Horde race because "muh garithos."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account

Bias is subjective. I can quote multiple developer and creative sources affirming that Blood Elves are High Elves and therefore a Horde race.

And yes, Gnomes are far more important to the Alliance than the High Elf remnant. Gnomes are present in multiple Alliance settlements. Gnomes provide a valuable service to the Alliance in providing their advanced technology. Gnomes are also a playable Alliance race, that alone makes them far more important the High Elf remnant in the Alliance.

True bias is insisting that non playable Alliance High Elves are more important to the Alliance than the Gnomes, especially considering lorewise what the Gnomes sacrificed for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Right, okay, but I was wondering how you would feel if the high elves joined the Blood Elves and blue eyes became an option for the blood elf character customization? Would you be okay with it or...?
    Well for me, it should require a lore justification to what happened to all the high elves in the alliance. If the blue eyes just appeared in blood elves without any justification that would feel a slap in the face for all high elf fans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    They're one of the founding groups of the Alliance, the reason the Kirin Tor exist at all, and old allies with the humans against the Amani.
    And yet they're a Horde race because "muh garithos."
    The High Elves were NOT a founding member of the Alliance. They were the last nation in the Eastern Kingdoms to join the Alliance, they only did so when an ancient blood oath was invoked, they sent a token force at first, only committed when the Horde invaded Quel'thalas directly and were the first nation to bail on the Alliance when the opportunity presented.

Your 'founder' Alliance race was the last in and the first out.

For the vast majority of their history the High Elves were xenophobic arrogant jerks who wanted as little to do with Humanity as possible and only interacted with Dalaran following the Troll Wars due to a shared interest in magic.