1. #7821
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    I think you should get past the appearance cause it's not about that. Sure they could give Helfs longer ears or slimmer arms, but in the end, it's still belfs with different political ideologies. But hey, if you did get past the appearance you wouldn't be posting here, would you? You'd be playing your Velf in sweet silence.


    This was sarcasm, right



    You had to pre-order BfA to get VEs.

    And you included me in your 'analysis', or otherwise you wouldn't write all of that stuff as a reply to me. Hence I am showing on my example that you should not generalise.


    Sounded more like a desperate plea. Well, I am 100% sure that no one who read your 'advice' actually gave it any consideration.


    Right, which is why the fact that they can't remove a race is part of our problem, somehow. Don't play dumb now. Or start to write coherent sentences. Pick one.


    Eh, yes, you are. HEs are in the game since Vanilla.


    Unfortunately it's me who ends up walking you through your own posts.



    You addressed High Elf fans and spoke on their behalf as if you know who they truly are and what they truly think. I showed you on my example that your analysis is crap. Even though what you said might be true for quite a few people, it does in no way define everyone, hence your take on the situation is completely useless.
    Yes it was. Not very good, I'm shit at sarcasm, admittedly. Still, sarcasm or not, the point stands.

    And yes, you were included in a general manner. Not a personal one. I'm not gonna call you a liar if you claim you don't play velfs or belfs. If you don't fall into that category you cam feel free not to include yourself in it, I won't.

    And yes, I'm sure when anyone tells you to shut the hell up and deal with the fact that you are not getting Helfs is a desperate plea. I have no doubt some of you even believe that.

    I think my sentence was coherent enough to understand, I mean I am talking to you fellas so I have to make it really clear, but your stubbornness is amusing at least if not your simplistic capacity to read, riddled with helf bias.

    And belfs are a playable race since in BC. What's your point? Since BC the Belfs have had sole access to their previous lore spanning back to their separation from the Nelfs. The fact that Helfs are around does not change a god damned thing and it does not make this issue any less complicated that int was before you opened your mouth to blurt out the fact that Helfs have been around for a really long time. Guess what? So have your sad tears and over a decade later ... still no Helfs.

    And please, don't imagine I'm ever speaking on behalf of any whiny helf enthusiast just as no helf fan is gonna speak on mine. I disagree entirely with the idea of helfs being added and with the manner many of you choose to support your requests, kinda like you who are fighting windmills now.

  2. #7822
    Bloodsail Admiral FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Except dark irons were not part of the Alliance at that time, nor did you have Horde shrieking for them saying they deserve them.

    On the contrary you're begging for a Horde race under the flimsy guise of "just give them a different hairstyle and blue eyes."
    The amount of threads based on particular Allied Races/future playable races is founded upon the likelihood of that particular race having the justification for joining said faction.

    The sheer amount of High Elf megathreads isn't due to "just people screaming and not being able to get over themselves" it's due to how much has already been input into the game for their possible inclusion.

    This is why you don't go around seeing multiple megathreads for Ogres, Wildhammers, Furbolgs, Jinyu, Hozen, etc. It's why only some like High Elf, San'layn, Vulpera are pretty much only the top few. Majority of the former don't have a whole lot going on with them, nor are they actively participating on the fields in Alliance or Horde battles/conflicts.

    Because the game developers continue to add onto the presence of these particular multiple megathread races in relation to their respective factions (Alliance or Horde).

    So trying to say "show me so much proof of this, compared to High Elves" is already a losing argument because nothing comes close to the level of presence High Elves on Alliance.

    How about you show me another race that has the same level of presence among the Horde? Then you may actually have an argument to stand on. As it is, High Elves are completely unique in their situation, thus nothing will ever be comparable to this requested race. Allied or otherwise.

    Even the 2nd most highest multiple megathread activity is that of another Elf variant: San'layn/Darkfallen.

    I don't see a crusade happening over at those guys, oh probably because Horde players don't care as long as they're the ones getting something out of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    What stage of grief is this now?
    The "gottem" stage. One would be stupid to think San'layn would get added if Void Elves are crowned as the "emo/goth elves". San'layn would be redundant in this context.

  3. #7823
    Scarab Lord Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    4,756
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    The Silver Covenant isn't only about Dalaran Mages. There are also Hunters for example, like Vereesa

    . And Vereesa has become their leader in the absence of another High Elf figure than hasn't disappeared, killed or gone Horde. Also they haven't been neutral but always pro alliance, and we can clearly see that in Wrath of the Lich King and in Mists of Pandaria. That is why they haven't moved to Silvermoon and pledged loyalty to Lorthemar.
    Which I have specified. But the Silver Covenant consists of mostly former Farstriders (i.e Hunters) who relocated to Dalaran at Veressa's request. While a few of the High Elf Mages loyal to Dalaran also hooked up with the Silver Covenant, it is primarily a Hunter organization. Evidence for this is the SC apes the Farstriders with the title of the leader of the Silver Covenant being Ranger-General, and that the Silver Covenant as an Organization affiliated itself with the Hunter Class Hall in Legion.

    They are not neutral, no. But I am trying to explain a technicality. The SC serves Dalaran. Dalaran is neutral. Technically, the SC is neutral. But everyone knows the members of the SC are not neutral. And this is why in the warfront the two SC mages are labelled as 7th Legion. Because the 7th Legion isn't neutral.

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Also about the invasion of Suramar, one thing was the Kirin Tor army, the other thing was the Quel'dorei army following Vereesa, aka the Silver Covenant and the High Elf Dalaran Mages, which also belonged to the Kirin Tor army, but they weren't the ONLY representatives of the Kirin Tor there.

    I can agree with you about "The Silver Covenant is a Dalaran based paramilitary force.", but i strongly disagree that the Silver Covenant "is technically neutral"
    I have to disagree with the distinction. Would you argue that the SC was separate from the Kirin Tor forces on the Isle of Thunder for example? The Alliance High Elves are even placed in proximity to the Kirin Tor Peacekeepers outside the city. I believe the SC volunteered to join the Kirin Tor army but due to it's paramilitary nature operated independently, which is what paramilitaries tend to do. But they were a part of the Kirin Tor Force sent to Suramar, meaning the invasion consisted of the rebels, the Horde aligned Blood Elves, the Alliance aligned Night Elves, the neutral forces of Dalaran...and an Alliance friendly paramilitary force that was part of the Dalaran army. But there wasn't an independent High Elf force. If Khadgar was the Kirin Tor commander at that battle, and I feel he was, then he outranked Veressa on the battlefield.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But it is you the one that is isolating the aesthetic opinion here, and justifying Ion for doing so as well. Whether it was more vocal is highly up for debate, and to justthat as justification to not address the factional grivances me and other have, and still do to this day, is very dismissive.
    I can point to feedback, and have done so, showing that the aesthetic was a huge topic of discussion prior to the Void Elves being released. Given that the discussion around the aesthetic was so prevalent, you cannot deny it has fed a healthy skepticism towards claims that people who want High Elves seek them for their looks rather than their lore. Because while you clearly feel very attached to the lore, a lot of the pro High Elf commentary is driven by the desire for the looks.

    That is unfortunate for those driven by the lore to be tarred by that brush, but I would argue the general perception of those aware of this debate but not familiar with it's naunces is that the desire is driven by aesthetics and not lore. And that is not a wholly unreasonable stance, a lot of players ARE driven by the aesthetics of a traditional looking Elf.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Like you can't blame me or others like minded for the opinions of those that just want white elves, it irresponsable to generalize like that. And to try to justify that we weren't heard because they were loud enough so tough titties, it's a very shitty thing to do.
    I think I was careful to differentiate the two groups in my previous reply, but it is beyond my control to influence the zeitgeist. As I stated, while you and many of those in your community are genuinely driven by the lore, the perception outside the community is that it is a desire for a white skinned elf. And this really is an unsurprising viewpoint considering many of those who were actively seeking High Elves contributed to this by demanding normal skins for Void Elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    And while you call to those VE threads, let's not be disingenuous, those are about the macro-problem with VE as a concept, so really, don't try to just present those whole conversations as just about the skin tone.
    Skin tone was the commonly put forward potential 'compromise' in those threads, repeated again and again. I believe that has likely left the impression that the High Elf request is driven by aesthetics rather than lore. This seems to be the impression Ion and other devs have on the matter. Also they are not entirely wrong, some players do just want a blood elf clone on the Alliance.


    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But Void Elves cannot be the compromise for HE because they are just not the HE we wanted on the first place, so ALREADY there is no compromise beyond half a aesthetic. So like half a point of 2 major ones is not really a compromise for people that wanted HE on the first place. Like we would have saved us this WHOLE ISSUSE if VE had been made out of HE, so it was a continuation of their lore. So yeah, building any idea on top of the misstep that were VE is already going to be shakey.
    Saying Void Elves is not the compromise because you personally are unsatisfied with it as an outcome does not diminish that they were clearly intended as a compromise. They are also a compromise that works with the Allied race system, which so far has relied upon taking an existing race, changing the palette and providing a different lore rationale behind them. I cannot speak as to why they selected a hitherto unknown group of Blood Elves as the basis for the group rather than a group of Alliance High Elves. As they, like myself, believe that a High Elves and Blood Elves are the same people divided by a political opinion, perhaps they felt it didn't matter? Or perhaps there are long term narratives we are unaware of where Alliance High Elves or Void Elves will be required to play a role, such as the rumored Silvermoon Warfront.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    So with that in mind, If VE could look more like HE, that would at least be 1 point of 2.
    Void Elves use the same model, with the same faces as Blood/High Elves. I believe that is how it actually is a compromise. Any closer and it moves from compromise to getting everything you wanted, which is where we begin blurring the faction lines. Void Elves must look distinct from Blood Elves in some fashion, and skin tone is the obvious way to do that. The skin tone change is supported in lore as the consequence of their transformation.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Again, considering what we have as this is by no means ideal, and certainly that does not satisfy you so already doesn't work as a compromise.
    The whole point of a compromise is that nobody is satisfied. I am not keen on the thalassian model going to the Alliance, nor am I keen on the kaldorei model going Horde.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    And again, all of this would simply be a hollow fix, but that might be enough for some HE players, in the way you can envision your Mag'har as an Outland one.
    That the Mag'har Orcs came from AU Draenor rather than Outland is not a major concern. They are still a group of Orcs who did not drink the blood, In fact, it is even more authentic, as the distinctive clans are represented within the Mag'har in a way they wouldn't be within the Outland versions.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Wouldn't it have been so much better if we had had the lore then?
    A better story would not have stopped the backlash I am afraid. While you may have been satisfied with a better story, I do not believe everyone else would have been.



    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But TBH our own roleplay is irrelavant to the whole Lore issue. That's up to everyone. The issue is about High Elf lore, IMO it has always been, so regardless if my character drinks the flavor aid, the important bit for HE as a whole is to have that "becoming part of the VE" as a way going forward. That would satisfy me.
    Which is a personal approach and one I wouldn't mind, as then they would be Void Elves. But the Alliance High Elves aren't the representatives of the High Elf story. That is the Blood Elves. The Alliance High Elves could become Void Elves, or have Half Elf children, but they don't have their own path anymore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf...sorry, the horde is there waiting for you"

    -Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

  4. #7824
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Doesnt matter how they identify themselves, they would blur the faction lines. I wont recognize void elf from san'layn. Eye color is just not enough. I dont want to be killed in battleground by San'layn, thinking it was my void elf brother. This would kill PvP for good. And if you bring pandaren excuse, then blizz already said, that it was mistake and that they wont repeat that.

    If you want non-majestic, dead colored elf, Alliance is there, waiting for you.
    But what about Blood Elf Death Knights who actually do look rather, well... dead coloured? :< Dun need Alliance for that.

  5. #7825
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Doesnt matter how they identify themselves, they would blur the faction lines. I wont recognize void elf from san'layn. Eye color is just not enough. I dont want to be killed in battleground by San'layn, thinking it was my void elf brother. This would kill PvP for good. And if you bring pandaren excuse, then blizz already said, that it was mistake and that they wont repeat that.

    If you want non-majestic, dead colored elf, Alliance is there, waiting for you.
    Yet the Horde are in all likely good getting them. And don't void elves have weird tentacle hair ? So that's a visible difference between sanlayn and void elves. Of course if your wearing full plate and covering your face then most races look the same.

  6. #7826
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    The "gottem" stage. One would be stupid to think San'layn would get added if Void Elves are crowned as the "emo/goth elves". San'layn would be redundant in this context.
    Still more likely to be added than Helfs.

  7. #7827
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Blood Elves in-game have that light skin tone option and hair color. There is no difference; only popularity for a certain look.
    .....they are portrait ingame like this. Yes there are fair skinned blood elves. But if you look at blood elves in cinematics the above picture is how they are portrait. Just look at the suramar city cinematic. The whole blood elf army looks like that, while the whole high elf looks like the one the left. Clearly blizzard was trying to sepperate there looks.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  8. #7828
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    .....they are portrait ingame like this. Yes there are fair skinned blood elves. But if you look at blood elves in cinematics the above picture is how they are portrait. Just look at the suramar city cinematic. The whole blood elf army looks like that, while the whole high elf looks like the one the left. Clearly blizzard was trying to sepperate there looks.
    The newest cinematic with Sylvanas shows the High Elf mother as having black hair. There’s also numerous google images in-game —both newer and older— which shows High Elves with blonde, pale blonde and black hair.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, and of the 9 BE skin color options, only 2 seem to be dark tone. Rest appear to be pale.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; Yesterday at 06:56 PM.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | My Website | Twitch

  9. #7829
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The newest cinematic with Sylvanas shows the High Elf mother as having black hair. There’s also numerous google images in-game —both newer and older— which shows High Elves with blonde, pale blonde and black hair.
    Yeah, but it also shows that not a single high elf has glowing eyes. So what now?

  10. #7830
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The newest cinematic with Sylvanas shows the High Elf mother as having black hair. There’s also numerous google images in-game —both newer and older— which shows High Elves with blonde, pale blonde and black hair.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, and of the 9 BE skin color option, only 2 seem to be dark tone. Rest appear to be pale.
    Yes, and sometimes x people have x hair. 1 person being x does not mean all persons are x. Look at sylvanas boyfriend...the rest of the forsaken also do not look like him.

    But GENERALY they are shown like this:



    And you can google all you want. If its not ingame its not cannon...i can google a image of wrathion and anduin being lovers....does not make it true.

    This video above...shows ingame in 7.3.5 patch how dev's thought high elves and blood elves look different.

    and if you look at the 9 BE skin tones the 7 you think are pale...are still very tanned if you put them next to high elf models.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  11. #7831
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes, and sometimes x people have x hair. 1 person being x does not mean all persons are x. Look at sylvanas boyfriend...the rest of the forsaken also do not look like him.

    But GENERALY they are shown like this:

    https://youtu.be/qVtztaHFv8g?t=1845

    And you can google all you want. If its not ingame its not cannon...i can google a image of wrathion and anduin being lovers....does not make it true.

    This video above...shows ingame in 7.3.5 patch how dev's thought high elves and blood elves look different.

    and if you look at the 9 BE skin tones the 7 you think are pale...are still very tanned if you put them next to high elf models.
    That’s thing, they’re not different when next to each other; they’re the same model, using a skin tone that’s available to BE’s. When you use the model viewer (which I do), there is no separate model for High Elves. There’s only BE’s and the skin tones are the same ones that are available in the character selection screen with additional blue eyed variants. The skin tones aren’t different from one another (only the eye colors are).
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | My Website | Twitch

  12. #7832
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I can point to feedback, and have done so, showing that the aesthetic was a huge topic of discussion prior to the Void Elves being released. Given that the discussion around the aesthetic was so prevalent, you cannot deny it has fed a healthy skepticism towards claims that people who want High Elves seek them for their looks rather than their lore. Because while you clearly feel very attached to the lore, a lot of the pro High Elf commentary is driven by the desire for the looks.

    That is unfortunate for those driven by the lore to be tarred by that brush, but I would argue the general perception of those aware of this debate but not familiar with it's naunces is that the desire is driven by aesthetics and not lore. And that is not a wholly unreasonable stance, a lot of players ARE driven by the aesthetics of a traditional looking Elf

    I think I was careful to differentiate the two groups in my previous reply, but it is beyond my control to influence the zeitgeist. As I stated, while you and many of those in your community are genuinely driven by the lore, the perception outside the community is that it is a desire for a white skinned elf. And this really is an unsurprising viewpoint considering many of those who were actively seeking High Elves contributed to this by demanding normal skins for Void Elves..
    Yet not matter how many of us keep making the point that is about the lore, people will keep arriving to the conversation with the "it's only about the looks" because that is ALSO the narrative that the anti side tries to play up to devalue other opinions. As much as there are people that only care about the aesthetic, there's also a bunch of anti HE that take that argument and propagate it as our most "vocal opinion" because it's the weaker one.

    Which is why I say it's unfair to just listen to the most noisy argument. Feedback as given to blizzard about the lore, countless times, and they don't get a free pas because other argument was louder.

    Cause again, no matter how many valid and deep arguments we make about lore, it will always be easier to just attack the weaker argument and focus on it as the whole rather than just an aspect. And to solely put the blame of it on the pro HE that just wants the looks rather than also on the anti side that propagates the argument itself, it's shitty.

    As well as to conflate the bit "well at least make my VE look more like a HE so I can pretend more easily" with just caring about the aesthetic. That is just conformation bias on your part.


    Skin tone was the commonly put forward potential 'compromise' in those threads, repeated again and again. I believe that has likely left the impression that the High Elf request is driven by aesthetics rather than lore. This seems to be the impression Ion and other devs have on the matter. Also they are not entirely wrong, some players do just want a blood elf clone on the Alliance.
    See? That's the thing, skin tone would be at least something more, hence why the compromise argument, but it's definitely on light of not having anything else. So yeah, taking this point as "oh you only care about the skin tone" is just biased. No, I would have rather we had VE made out of HE, this is about getting any scrap.

    And again, saying that "well Ion got the impression it was just about" is just justification for dismissing all the feedback given. Feedback WAS given, across may threads. None of it was actually addressed.



    Saying Void Elves is not the compromise because you personally are unsatisfied with it as an outcome does not diminish that they were clearly intended as a compromise. They are also a compromise that works with the Allied race system, which so far has relied upon taking an existing race, changing the palette and providing a different lore rationale behind them. I cannot speak as to why they selected a hitherto unknown group of Blood Elves as the basis for the group rather than a group of Alliance High Elves. As they, like myself, believe that a High Elves and Blood Elves are the same people divided by a political opinion, perhaps they felt it didn't matter? Or perhaps there are long term narratives we are unaware of where Alliance High Elves or Void Elves will be required to play a role, such as the rumored Silvermoon Warfront.
    It's not a compromise for High Elves because they are simply not the same group of High Elves that were ALREADY on the alliance. Simply as that. I am totally on board with the aesthetic being the compromise, sure, but if none of the LORE actually fits, how can it ever be a compromise for the people that wanted High Elves? it's a nonsense statement that shows that you legitimally consider the aesthetic the relevant bit. And speaking for myself and others, IT'S NOT.

    We wanted High Elves because they were already in the alliance. We didn't get that. How is it a compromise? If it was intented as a compromise, it's a horrible one that doesn't even address the reason why some people wanted them.

    And again, I stress THIS: If Void Elves had been made of High Elves, my tune would have been another thing entirely now.



    The whole point of a compromise is that nobody is satisfied. I am not keen on the thalassian model going to the Alliance, nor am I keen on the kaldorei model going Horde.
    The point of a compromise is that BOTH PARTIES CAN WALK AWAY HAPPY. There are compromises suggested that seek to keep the faction integrity, but you cannot obviate the fact that Nightbrone and VE already exist so they ARE precedent for what is doable, so wherther you personally find permisible is irrelevant on the macro level.



    That the Mag'har Orcs came from AU Draenor rather than Outland is not a major concern. They are still a group of Orcs who did not drink the blood, In fact, it is even more authentic, as the distinctive clans are represented within the Mag'har in a way they wouldn't be within the Outland versions.
    Pretty irrelevant statement. The point is that you have the whole aesthetic to pretend to be an Outland Mag'har even if the racial backstory is not the same. Again, Lore or Aesthetic by their own could be enough of a compromise for some. Personally I would rather have lore -SC joining the Ren'dorei- but I wouldn't kick a gift horse in the face if we got the aesthetic. It's something at least.



    A better story would not have stopped the backlash I am afraid. While you may have been satisfied with a better story, I do not believe everyone else would have been.
    No way to know really. But I do know I would have probably been arguing with people that didn't accept that HE are now blue and voidy rather than you.


    Which is a personal approach and one I wouldn't mind, as then they would be Void Elves. But the Alliance High Elves aren't the representatives of the High Elf story. That is the Blood Elves. The Alliance High Elves could become Void Elves, or have Half Elf children, but they don't have their own path anymore.
    No one here is claiming that the Alliance High Elves are the representatives of the High Elf storyline over Blood Elves, nor I support the notion that either faction can claim the whole of their backstory as their own. Nightborne and Night Elves share a past, that doesn't make their strories any less valid or weaker, VE do so the same with BE, as do HE, but everyone splintered to a different path.

    Sure, BE by most accounts do have the "most" of their heritage, so to speak. That doesn't meant neither VE or HE can't have some of it, that's a silly point to make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s thing, they’re not different when next to each other; they’re the same model, using a skin tone that’s available to BE’s. When you use the model viewer (which I do), there is no separate model for High Elves. There’s only BE’s and the skin tones are the same ones that are available in the character selection screen with additional blue eyed variants. The skin tones aren’t different from one another (only the eye colors are).
    Like it has been said many times, Kul'tirans didn't have a unique model before BfA, so arguing about "but they don't look different now" is a moot point.

    They can come for whatever reason HE could look different retroactively, if the impetus IS to make them different.

  13. #7833
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s thing, they’re not different when next to each other; they’re the same model, using a skin tone that’s available to BE’s.
    So blood elves can have blue eyes?!?!
    And btw you are side stepping the point. Blizzard clearly showed a difference between both of the elves.


    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When you use the model viewer (which I do), there is no separate model for High Elves. There’s only BE’s and the skin tones are the same ones that are available in the character selection screen with additional blue eyed variants.
    So every npc species is in the model viewer.....let me check...nope they are not. so this proofs nothing. there are no hobgoblins, nalthanos, fat goblins and many more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The skin tones aren’t different from one another (only the eye colors are).
    Again watch the INGAME cinematic. It proofs my point. Blizzard make a choice to make them look different.

    Otherwise in your logic they would both have elves in the army that look like they are from the same part of the neigberhood.
    This is like comparing ginger british people to greek people. They are both white....but it ends there.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  14. #7834
    Stood in the Fire Zexism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    496
    Can we have a special high elf containment forum?


    Edit:

    also if you really want helves push for helf druids instead of shamans because you want your race to have an actual good class
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

  15. #7835
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    So blood elves can have blue eyes?!?!
    And btw you are side stepping the point. Blizzard clearly showed a difference between both of the elves.



    So every npc species is in the model viewer.....let me check...nope they are not. so this proofs nothing. there are no hobgoblins, nalthanos, fat goblins and many more.



    Again watch the INGAME cinematic. It proofs my point. Blizzard make a choice to make them look different.

    Otherwise in your logic they would both have elves in the army that look like they are from the same part of the neigberhood.
    This is like comparing ginger british people to greek people. They are both white....but it ends there.
    All NPS are in the Model Viewer, unless they are new and it needs to be updated, or there’s a bug that didn’t include them, in which case, it can be reported and fixed. Nathanos and Gallywix are in the Model Viewer.

    This whole discussion started because you said there’s a distinction between the two based on hair color and skin tone. However, if BE’s also have the same skin tone and hair colors available, that’s not a true distinction. Only thing, as of now, that’s a physical distinction, is the eye color.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; Today at 02:00 AM.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | My Website | Twitch

  16. #7836
    IMO void elves are the best allied race

  17. #7837
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yes it was. Not very good, I'm shit at sarcasm, admittedly. Still, sarcasm or not, the point stands.
    The point being...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And yes, I'm sure when anyone tells you to shut the hell up and deal with the fact that you are not getting Helfs is a desperate plea. I have no doubt some of you even believe that.
    Well, it was more like 'wah, wah, why do you continue to ask for this, play VE, stop asking HE, wah, wah, I am tired of having to click on this thread non stop and read, so stop, waaah!!!" More or less a desperate plea. Not sure what's the point of your cries though. Afraid that Blizzard will give in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I think my sentence was coherent enough to understand, I mean I am talking to you fellas so I have to make it really clear, but your stubbornness is amusing at least if not your simplistic capacity to read, riddled with helf bias.
    You wrote how it's our problem that Blizzard can't delete a race and that we are counting on it. Maybe you did indeed mean what you say now, but then structure your thoughts normally and not in a nonsensical rambling way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And belfs are a playable race since in BC. What's your point? Since BC the Belfs have had sole access to their previous lore spanning back to their separation from the Nelfs. The fact that Helfs are around does not change a god damned thing and it does not make this issue any less complicated that int was before you opened your mouth to blurt out the fact that Helfs have been around for a really long time.
    What is the point of all of you writing all of this? Did you have a random 'Warcraft fact of the day' fit? Though Belfs having the sole access to previous lore according to you means you don't believe VE exist. Well, sorry to break it for you, but unfortunately they do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And please, don't imagine I'm ever speaking on behalf of any whiny helf enthusiast just as no helf fan is gonna speak on mine. I disagree entirely with the idea of helfs being added and with the manner many of you choose to support your requests, kinda like you who are fighting windmills now.
    I don't know, you speak as if you know what HE fans are truly thinking about despite saying differently. You must be a secret HE fan yourself?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •