Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Like Pandaren.

Except High elves and Blood elves have more visual differences than Huojin and Tushui, and they also have a history that makes them to be a different society all along.

And you also have motives to give them different racials, classes and customization options.
    Yes. I think we should go this way.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. I think we should go this way.
    I concur, wholeheartedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    From Reddit :

Lord Garithos

It's so true it hurts, and it'll perhaps help horde players understand why we want High Elves.
    Funniest thing is it's said by someone named Lord Garithos lol

Like Pandaren.

Except High elves and Blood elves have more visual differences than Huojin and Tushui, and they also have a history that makes them to be a different society all along.

And you also have motives to give them different racials, classes and customization options.
    They really aren't different societies. If Blood Elves were still the mana vampires they were introduced as then sure, but now? No, they're the same.

And racials would also mostly be the same. Blood elves have arcane racials, high elves would also have arcane racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, you want them because they are traditional fantasy elves, they don’t look like Night Elves, and someone mentioned one day they look cool and it rolled on from there. Bottom line, you want them because they are pretty.
    That’s cool. I don’t care what your reasons are, but the ways people twist their reasonings around to justify it is laughable. People want them simply because they like the idea behind them and like the aesthetic. Translation: they are pretty.
    You cannot force someone to want something in a specific way just because it seems the truth to you. I want them as a playable race for what they represent and for all the possibilities they offer for a future lore (Alliance / Horde conflict). (that's my truth, not yours)
    You can't tell anyone how to think and want things.

How is this thread still going? Like, what is there left to say?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    How is this thread still going? Like, what is there left to say?
    The same thing, until we are, hopefully, listened to.

Like Pandaren.

I agree with you in some way.
    I still see the high elves as a different race from the blood elves (only that they belong to the same species) but; as for the current in-game aesthetics they could be compared to the Pandaren, and I share your idea of giving them different racials, clases, customization options and even a new model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They really aren't different societies. If Blood Elves were still the mana vampires they were introduced as then sure, but now? No, they're the same.

And racials would also mostly be the same. Blood elves have arcane racials, high elves would also have arcane racials.
    not necessarily, quel'danil Helves could have totally different racial, along with a hybrid culture

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    The same thing, until we are, hopefully, listened to.
    “Being listened to” and “having demands met” are very different things, y’know.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Personally I think Blizz should go with making a combined Half-elf/High Elf allied race, to go along with Elisande's comment, making the options span the full range of customization from very visibly mixed blood to full high elf in looks (but still slightly different model than blood elves).

Edit: Which would also mitigate some of the Belf player concerns that they'd have options stolen from them to make a High Elf race distinct, since most of the options in hair and such would be more "human".
    Last edited by Uthan; 2019-11-09 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Personally I think Blizz should go with making a combined Half-elf/High Elf allied race, to go along with Elisande's comment, making the options span the full range of customization from very visibly mixed blood to full high elf in looks (but still slightly different model than blood elves).

Edit: Which would also mitigate some of the Belf player concerns that they'd have options stolen from them to make a High Elf race distinct, since most of the options in hair and such would be more "human".
    Blizzard could just add glowing blue eyes and pointy ears as Stormwind human customization option (kalecgos look). Hybrids are officially very rare in the Warcraft universe so an official race would be problematic. However, Dark Trolls are supposed to be extinct but made available as customisation option for Darkspear Trolls which kind of bypasses the lore since all player characters together are just a single lore character ("the hero") so an official "race" is not required.
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

A race being rare hasn't really been an issue before (cough, void elves), and a combined half-elf/high elf race would be less "rare" than either on it's own so eh, don't see that as much of a concern.

7+ Year Old Account
    A race being rare hasn't really been an issue before (cough, void elves), and a combined half-elf/high elf race would be less "rare" than either on it's own so eh, don't see that as much of a concern.
    Nothing gets rarer than being the only one of your kind. Even Void Elves are >1.

They are showing at this point that population number(s) do not matter at all.

So that destroys every population argument against High Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

The whole society changed when the scourge almost destroyed and killed everything, what existed before the Scourge attack doesn't exist anymore.

So we are in a situation where the ones who are still on the realm are different than what they were, and those who defected are not just also different from what were but they lost parts of their culture that they shared with these who stayed in the realm, the past and the present parts of their culture, they are a different people living different things.

Both groups have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    From Reddit :

It's so true it hurts, and it'll perhaps help horde players understand why we want High Elves.
    Remind me why the Horde keep getting their leaders become evil, and yet it's obviously Horde bias? The only characters shown as being absolute "good" are High King Anduin "Literal Hurty Bones From Doing Bad" Wrynn, while the Horde gets genocidal maniacs they get to put down.

The Horde get literally evil characters, in a game where the villains drive the plot. So yeah, we'll see more of them.

But at least the only characters on the alliance that get shafted on the regular are the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Remind me why the Horde keep getting their leaders become evil, and yet it's obviously Horde bias? The only characters shown as being absolute "good" are High King Anduin "Literal Hurty Bones From Doing Bad" Wrynn, while the Horde gets genocidal maniacs they get to put down.

The Horde get literally evil characters, in a game where the villains drive the plot. So yeah, we'll see more of them.

But at least the only characters on the alliance that get shafted on the regular are the night elves.
    It doesn't change the fact that Alliance zones are mostly unfinished, with reused assets when Blizzard takes a lot more care in crafting Horde zones. And for all the Horde players whine about their leadership going evil... they've lost two characters because of it, Garrosh and Sylvanas. Thrall's still here and he'll be the Orc racial leaders again, that's obvious, and the Forsaken will probably have Voss or the Desolate Council. The only race which was truly shafted was the Darkspears, with Vol'jin never being allowed to do anything as Warchief, and BGA positioned Rokhan has his successor.

A race needs to, at least theoretically, have a way to replenish their numbers so an official lore reason is needed and a large enough source population. Customisation options don't have that requirement or a Dark Troll look would be impossible.

A request for a Half-Elf customisation option for humans would also be a lot harder for Blizzard to turn down since it doesn't seem to cross any of their red-lines.
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Blood elfs with different eye color is not worth this thread.

I just wish people redirect their efforts into gameplay issues instead of different eye color.
    Excuse me, but this is a total lack of comprehension from your part.

What is being asked for is for something from the Alliance to be made playable, just like Dark Iron Dwarves were, visuals may or may not be liked, and these can change.

This is not just a 'different eye color' thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter how much you spin it. It’s still an eye color at the end of the day.

As i said, this discussion is a waste and i wish people focus on important gameplay, class identity, content problems that directly affect us instead of asking for different eye color blood elves.
    Spin it? There is nothing that anybody has to spin at all.

It's simple, High elves, they are not playable, they are in the Alliance, ergo... Just like that.

And I can just enumerate that racials, visuals (more than eye color), classes. voicelines, etc... So yeah, so much 'just eye color'. Oh, and FACTION. Yeah, just eye color...

In fact, is so much 'just eye color' that given the recent announcements that Blood elves are going to get 40 new customization options, people are thinking that it can mean blue eyes, and even if that ends up being the case, the High elves will still be asked for. Yeah, so much 'just eye color'...

Would not be nice to bring something to the conversation than just some spiteful and half-assed comment to shit on others? Yeah, I hope that sinks in

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    “Being listened to” and “having demands met” are very different things, y’know.
    No, I wasn't aware. Thank you so much for that life lesson.

Fortunately I'm more self aware when I speak and demanding something from Blizzard is just not a practice I want to invest. I'm sure you could have taken from my post that it is still a request, just much politer than: 'demand being met' without trying to make a useless point.

Back onto subject. In no way blood elves potentially getting a blue eye customization a good argument against high elves. In fact it's the furthest thing away when if your argument is based on similarities we can go down the panda road.
    Last edited by Ruri; 2019-11-10 at 11:34 AM.

I’m nit being spiteful. I read nearly half the pages in this goddamn thread and it seems to me that it’s been discussed to death and blizzard will not even do it.

This is why i think the energy and thoughts of posters should go elsewhere.
    Why should we drop this demands just because other players find it more important. I honestly don't give a crap about class identity or whatever gameplay problems affect mythyc+/raid players. I care about High Elves being made playable when they keep using more of them everywhere in Alliance content, however.