Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    There is no reason why High Elves couldn't be added as its own race.

So why hasn’t Blizzard done it?

There’s a reason whether you want to admit it or not. It may not even because of any reasons specific to high elves. They’re not adding them anytime soon.

Still Void Elves. Not High Elves.
    Just like the Wildhammer dwarf will still be considered a Bronzebeard dwarf (no heritage armor, unique racial abilities, or exclusive hub). Now that Blood elves are receiving additional customization options and potentially Void elves too, there will not be playable High elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post

There's every reason, it infringes on the Blood Elves because they are the same people.
    No, they are, in fact, absolutely not the same people. They are now very distinct in values, allies and approach of life. They may be genetically the same, but they are about as different was Scots and English. Even better, their case is basically the story of the United Provinces breaking up, the northern provinces becoming Netherlands and the other remaining spaniards until they became Belgium.

And they certainly don't infringe more on BE lore than the VE, who are former BE themselves.

When deciding on Allied Races, why did you choose Void Elves when High Elves seemed more of an organic and popular choice?

When deciding on Allied Races, why did you choose Void Elves when High Elves seemed more of an organic and popular choice?
    So, Blood Elves kind of are High Elves with different eye colors and backstory in terms of their relationship to magic in the Sunwell. But if you want to be a fair-skinned, light, blonde-haired, tall, majestic, elf...that is a Blood Elf.

Giving that race directly to the Alliance would have blurred a lot of the lines between the two factions, but also there isn't a clear example of who or what High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. There's a couple...we just met Alleria again...but they're not out there in the same way. When we add an Allied Race, there's a desire to have things be even more distinct especially between the two factions with the faction conflict being so prominent. And so, the Void Elf angle, as it tied into the story of Argus, the powers of Alleria awakened and was able to train others to harness, was able to give something that felt a bit like a Blood Elf but had a unique flavor of its own to the Alliance.

That said, obviously I understand you would love Alliance elves...you're an Alliance player, and want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf. Sorry? The Horde is there and waiting for you. Eye color is not quite the same but maybe contact lenses in the future, you never know? Anything is possible in the future, but no plans in the near-term to add High Elves as an Allied Race.
    Every time I read this, I remember how much of a steaming pile of horse shit this whole answer is.

The Silver Covenant ? The survivors of the Allerian Stronghold ? Quel'Danil ? Those are already far more established than Void Elves, whom nobody asked, broke the lore and are still derided today (and should be till the end of times, really). Also, such condescending answer regarding Alliance players... Truly, ion is the epitome of Blizzhorde, even more than Kosak was. And I didn't think it was possible !
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-10 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Do you have anything at all that would suggest or prove that Blue eyes can not be re-obtained through the arcane aspects of the well?
    There is no lore stating that the arcane energy of the first Sunwell caused the High Elves blue eyes so there is no indication the partially arcane second Sunwell would cause blue eyes.
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

Look, we all know void elves are just the result of some purple haired producer wanting to put her dark elf OC in the game, and didn't really care what happened afterwards. That's why they have no story, that's why they're absent every time they could be even remotely relevant (Stormsong, Nazjatar, Nyalotha). Then we were given an object lesson in body positivity and the rest of our allied races were drawn from shoc's wishlist (which is how we got diaper cyborgs instead of actual Mechagnomes) because he's apparently their only point of contact with the Alliance playerbase.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Void elf is such a good concept. Too bad the only interesting part about their lore is Alleria. And even she is technically not a void elf, but a high elf with a voidform.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    the entire races blue glowing eyes
    On whom, void elves? High elves' eyes don't glow (substantially) and their iris pigmentation isn't exclusively blue either, even per Chronicles 3's description.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Void elf is such a good concept. Too bad the only interesting part about their lore is Alleria. And even she is technically not a void elf, but a high elf with a voidform.
    While Alleria is obviously the superior character, I wouldn't downplay Umbric. He is shaping up to be an interesting player in the Alliance who could add a much needed grey side to it. I think he has a lot in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    While Alleria is obviously the superior character, I wouldn't downplay Umbric. He is shaping up to be an interesting player in the Alliance who could add a much needed grey side to it. I think he has a lot in store for us.
    I hope so. But as of now Blizzard writers aren't really interested in void elves. And I don't think we will see them in Shadowlands tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I hope so. But as of now Blizzard writers aren't really interested in void elves. And I don't think we will see them in Shadowlands tbh.
    Depends. If the next expansion is Light and Void (which is very likely), I could see either Alleria or Umbric playing a major role in the final content patch of Shadowlands, which will be the lead-up to 10.0. I could also see either of them interacting with Kael'thas in Revendreth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Depends. If the next expansion is Light and Void (which is very likely), I could see either Alleria or Umbric playing a major role in the final content patch of Shadowlands, which will be the lead-up to 10.0. I could also see either of them interacting with Kael'thas in Revendreth.
    Well, Turalyon and Alleria promised to hunt down Sylvanas, so maybe they will end up in Shadowlands. But again I want some diversity in void elves, some new blood (aside from Umbric). Maybe a void elf character, who was a high elf previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    it is stupid and shallow and doesn't add anything to the quality of the game. That was my opinion from the start.

and I don't get why you quote me like you just caught a mouse xD you didn't prove anything.

- - - Updated - - -

telling people this thread is a waste of time? just felt like writing it so some sane people would give up on this thread and write something useful for a change.
    hahahaha….HA. Good luck with that

Totally relevant. It's their natural eye color, NOT from a magical glow, and it's NOT exclusively blue. If the Sunwell has anything to do with it, it's only because it's so much weaker than the Well of Eternity that their irises showed back up.

They already gave the model to Alliance with Void Elves, so I don't see an issue here.
    1.) We don't need more elves
    2.) more customization options should be the goal, not more carbon copy races with literally no difference from Blood elves besides allegiance.

If you really want high elves that bad, wait till they give blood elves blue eyes in shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

5+ Year Old Account
    telling people this thread is a waste of time? just felt like writing it so some sane people would give up on this thread and write something useful for a change.
    "Stop writing about things I don't care about, and put your own passion towards something I care about but am not passionate enough about to make any effort about it."

That's essentially what you're saying here.

Whenever I see someone come into the thread and say anything along the lines of, "wish people spent this time on X thing I care about instead of the Y thing they do and I do not." It's like wishing people would do your work for you. That's silly and not sane at all.

People can focus on what they want. Others coming in to say that people passionate about a certain topic they themselves have no care for are being incredibly ironic by stating anything along the lines of "you're wasting your time."

Absolutely this, you have Void elves, you will NEVER get High Elves at this point because they are a core race of the Horde.
    Core race, snore race. They aren't anymore valid than allied races. If you want void elves eye color, you can give up something in exchange.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    If you really want high elves that bad, wait till they give blood elves blue eyes in shadowlands.
    People want High Elves on Alliance because there are High Elves on Alliance.

What Blood Elves get doesn't change that desire. If people simply wanted to fair-skinned elves they'd have made Blood Elves already and this request wouldn't be something that's been going on since WoW's inception.

If there are already people playing Blood Elves because they're the High Elves that Alliance didn't have before, well then Blood Elves would've had a huge drop come Void Elves on Alliance.

People play Blood Elves to play a fair-skin elf on the Horde. The faction bit is important because factions are important right?

People who want High Elves want to play a fair-skin elf on the Alliance. The faction bit is important because factions are important right?

Not really hard to grasp. Lore and stuff is important too but ultimately the biggest part of character customization is the look hence the huge customization updates coming. Just like I could now make a Mag'Har Orc and RP they're from Draenor and be happy about that.

There's a difference between doing that and making a Green Orc and RPing he's Mag'har.

5+ Year Old Account
    To be passionate on creating a race that already exist is dumb and I'm calling people out on it.
    No you weren't. You were wishing they'd do something you want. Sucks for you. Go fix your own issues with the game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    If people simply wanted to fair-skinned elves they'd have made Blood Elves already and this request wouldn't be something that's been going on since WoW's inception
    no one buys this and you can tell from developments comments they dont either. its about getting pixels without having to play the faction they belong to and cant stand. because they literally have a couple portal keepers they feel entitled to a horde race without playing the horde. not going to happen
    Last edited by bdlovelace; 2019-11-10 at 08:55 PM.

To be passionate on creating a race that already exist is dumb and I'm calling people out on it.
    Nobody cares about your call, dude.

We want high elves. we have our own reasons. I'm sorry that our request is not to your liking, but that is not our fault.

- - - Updated - - -

They are infinitely more valid than AR's, Blood elves will get the Blue eye's you'll see.
    Even if that happens, we will continue asking for high elves as a playable race for the alliance