Game over. Pack it up boys.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    You keep blaming the writing when maybe it's just you.
    Or maybe it's the writing

Is the writing perfect? You surely are stating things as if it was.

That sacrifice was very important, since without the suicide squad the Alliance would have most likely lost the Battle of Dazar'alor, which was the turning point of the war. And there were a lot of people who empathized with those NPCs, especially with the Lightforged blademaster.
    The importance of the mission is not the things that is being discussed, but oke.

Also, can you speak for yourself please? You don't get to decide who I feel sorry for and who I don't care about. You didn't give a shit about the Void elves, cool, it doesn't mean everyone is like you.
    Also, can you speak for yourself please? You don't get to decide who I feel sorry for and who I don't care about. You didn't give a shit about the High elves, cool, it doesn't mean everyone is like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hahaha, even if that was a new option for all Blood elves, it would not mean anything, it shows how little you know, good try.

Maybe next time you should come here with anything else aside uneducated one-liners with the intention of disrupting a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Blood elves got blue eyes ?

Great. It doesn't prevent HE becoming playable. See Pandarens.

They say Void elves are the High elves we will ever have. High elves have paladins in their ranks. Void elves cannot be paladins. That is my problem, as a paladin main since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    They say Void elves are the High elves we will ever have. High elves have paladins in their ranks. Void elves cannot be paladins. That is my problem, as a paladin main since 2007.
    I'm not sure I'd actually like HE Paladins. I think that among Thalassian Elves, only the BE should have them. Perhaps also mages now that we have VE to do the exact same thing with different sfx. But druids/shamans would go a long way in making HE distincts, and they would be lore friendly since HE were a part of the Kaldorei forces in Cataclysm (albeit in very small number) and that the Highvale HE are friends with the Wildhammers.

Plus, we know that the transition from mage to druid is possible (the elder druids are often former mages among NE). It'd be interesting.

What I'm tired of is Blizzard adding new high elves almost every expansion, while at the same time wanting us to believe that they're extinct and Blood elves=High elves. Seriously:
    Vanilla had high elven NPCs in Stormwind keep, Quel'danil Lodge and Quel'lithien Lodge.
    TBC had Allerian Stronghold, so it's not just NPC's, but buildings too, and also it rejuvenated the blood elf vs. high elf dichotomy by introducing blood elves as a playable race. Also don't forget Arator, Alleria and Turalyon's son
    Wrath of the Lich King literally introduced a whole faction of The Silver Covenant which consists exclusively of High Elves and has outposts in Crystalsong Forest and their own part of Dalaran
    Mists of Pandaria yet again used the Silver Covenant in Throne of Thunder, where they played a pivotal role in ToT story, and were yet again positioned as a mirror image of blood elves if you remember the questline
    In Battle for Azeroth they introduced Yvera Dawnbringer as a portal master to Stromgarde/Darkshore, so she literally reminds me about high elves every time I do anything related to warfronts, and also Frostfencer Seraphi is one of the Alliance island expedition enemies, and when you start Stromgarde warfront there are 7th Legion Shield-Mages all around which are exclusively high elves.
    Even Warlords of Draenor had one High elven NPC for some reason -- the flight master of Socrethar's rise. It literally made no sense for her to be there. How did she get there? No one knows. But there she is.
    The only expansion I found where they didn't add new high elves was Cataclysm, but I didn't play in Cata, so maybe I just missed them.

You may say -- "Well, those are just remnants, they don't prove that high elves have enough numbers to be a playable race", which:
    a) is a dubious argument at best, because Blizzard almost never provides us with actual numbers, even the Teldrassil burning page on Wowpedia doesn't have the number of casualties, so we can't for a fact say that high elven numbers are too small to be a playable race, and
    b) Is not the point. The point is that Blizzard wants us to believe that High elves are done and gone, while at the same time constantly reminding us that "hey, they are here, high elves still totally exist". That is a taunt if I ever saw one. Blizzard is a warrior tank, and we are the boss. Those reminders that High elves exist don't soothe the people who wanted to play as high elves, they just gives us false hope that someday we will be able to play as one, since they're clearly still there and haven't gone anywhere.

Just in case someone in Blizzard is for some reason reading this discussion: You're clearly not planning on giving us High elves as a playable race, because you introduced void elves, God's mistake of a race, which also wasn't a compromise between what we wanted (to play High Elves) and what you wanted (to introduce Light vs. Void dichotomy with Lightforged and Void elves). So please, at least stop adding new high elves every expansion. Or better yet, remove all high elves in the game, if you want us to believe they are gone. Please, stop taunting us. It's not cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I'm not sure I'd actually like HE Paladins. I think that among Thalassian Elves, only the BE should have them. Perhaps also mages now that we have VE to do the exact same thing with different sfx. But druids/shamans would go a long way in making HE distincts, and they would be lore friendly since HE were a part of the Kaldorei forces in Cataclysm (albeit in very small number) and that the Highvale HE are friends with the Wildhammers.

Plus, we know that the transition from mage to druid is possible (the elder druids are often former mages among NE). It'd be interesting.
    The Church of the Holy Light also houses High elves alongside Humans and Dwarves, they should be paladins too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    It is only the intensity of the glow of the eyes of the DK and the night elves that will be less strong.

All other DK races will also be high elves, cool !

ANd it's not even the final look.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by romskee1 View Post
    What I'm tired of is Blizzard adding new high elves almost every expansion, while at the same time wanting us to believe that they're extinct and Blood elves=High elves. Seriously:
    Vanilla had high elven NPCs in Stormwind keep, Quel'danil Lodge and Quel'lithien Lodge.
    TBC had Allerian Stronghold, so it's not just NPC's, but buildings too, and also it rejuvenated the blood elf vs. high elf dichotomy by introducing blood elves as a playable race. Also don't forget Arator, Alleria and Turalyon's son
    Wrath of the Lich King literally introduced a whole faction of The Silver Covenant which consists exclusively of High Elves and has outposts in Crystalsong Forest and their own part of Dalaran
    Mists of Pandaria yet again used the Silver Covenant in Throne of Thunder, where they played a pivotal role in ToT story, and were yet again positioned as a mirror image of blood elves if you remember the questline
    In Battle for Azeroth they introduced Yvera Dawnbringer as a portal master to Stromgarde/Darkshore, so she literally reminds me about high elves every time I do anything related to warfronts, and also Frostfencer Seraphi is one of the Alliance island expedition enemies, and when you start Stromgarde warfront there are 7th Legion Shield-Mages all around which are exclusively high elves.
    Even Warlords of Draenor had one High elven NPC for some reason -- the flight master of Socrethar's rise. It literally made no sense for her to be there. How did she get there? No one knows. But there she is.
    The only expansion I found where they didn't add new high elves was Cataclysm, but I didn't play in Cata, so maybe I just missed them.

You may say -- "Well, those are just remnants, they don't prove that high elves have enough numbers to be a playable race", which:
    a) is a dubious argument at best, because Blizzard almost never provides us with actual numbers, even the Teldrassil burning page on Wowpedia doesn't have the number of casualties, so we can't for a fact say that high elven numbers are too small to be a playable race, and
    b) Is not the point. The point is that Blizzard wants us to believe that High elves are done and gone, while at the same time constantly reminding us that "hey, they are here, high elves still totally exist". That is a taunt if I ever saw one. Blizzard is a warrior tank, and we are the boss. Those reminders that High elves exist don't soothe the people who wanted to play as high elves, they just gives us false hope that someday we will be able to play as one, since they're clearly still there and haven't gone anywhere.

Just in case someone in Blizzard is for some reason reading this discussion: You're clearly not planning on giving us High elves as a playable race, because you introduced void elves, God's mistake of a race, which also wasn't a compromise between what we wanted (to play High Elves) and what you wanted (to introduce Light vs. Void dichotomy with Lightforged and Void elves). So please, at least stop adding new high elves every expansion. Or better yet, remove all high elves in the game, if you want us to believe they are gone. Please, stop taunting us. It's not cool.
    Well I am intrigued and fascinated by the Etherials since TBC. I would love to play at least one characters. They would have been a perfect neutral race to add to both factions, with some modifications to their models so they can use armour / weapons available for player characters. But this will probably never happen, and I can live with that race being just NPC.

And I don't care how many High Elf NPCs are out there. They are just tools, plot devices. And they seem not to be important to Blizzard, because Blood Elves and Void Elves seem to contribute more to the story of WoW, thus they have the status of being a playable race.

Honestly, I don't get this race demand mentality. It's Blizzard's game, their world and their story. For everything else, there is pen & paper RPG and fanfiction. Just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    The Church of the Holy Light also houses High elves alongside Humans and Dwarves, they should be paladins too.
    Quite true. I'm just wary of BE/HE rivalry descending into Paladin vs Paladin.

@scubi666stacy

So far HE have contributed far more to the game than VE - in Wotlk, Pandarian (the first and second patch) and Legion.

VE have a grand total of three contributions, only one being major : Umbric invading Gallywix palace.

Which is a problem because unlike Highmountains and Nightborns, the LF and VE are lore starved and not even real societies. And even LF are leagues ahead of the VE in that regard.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-13 at 10:12 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quite true. I'm just wary of BE/HE rivalry descending into Paladin vs Paladin.
    I don't see it like that. A Paladin is a follower of the light, and both HE and BE are, but in different terms.

Blood elves combine the worship of the light with the energies of the Sunwell, so they still aren't a classical paladin, while High elves are more akin of that classic way of portraying Paladins in Warcraft, so even there, there is a difference between them.

This also happened when Blood elves were presented with the Paladin class. For the first time in history, Paladins fought each other from Horde to Alliance, and Alliance to Horde, even tho Blood elves weren't actual paladins back then.

This all also applies to Priests.

Them being Paladins with the nuances that makes them distinct from those Paladins from Quel'thalas is also another characteristic of the dichotomy, since it shows more differences between them.

Sure, them not being Paladins would make them distinct by virtue of the thing not being there, but it's also true when both Paladins are distinct by virtue of coming from not only different backgrounds, but having a different source from it. One is a twist, and the other is the Classical one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I find jarring to find people jumping on us when all that is happening is that all the DKs are getting changes on the eyes, and is not even a final build as you pointed out.

It's a 1/13 case, and just because one of these changes are touching Blood elf DKs it doesn't mean anything, they have always had blue eyes because it's a characteristic of DKs.

This just shows how much hatred and spite there is against the request for High elves, and it's incredible to find people denying such thing. This also shows how much people talk without knowing what they are talking about, food for thought.

Edit: Even the Blood elf golden eyes have lost the glow, how much little nuances does people need to jump on the request to crap on it? It's jarring! Hahaha

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1...054622208?s=20
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-13 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    I find jarring to find people jumping on us when all that is happening is that all the DKs are getting changes on the eyes, and is not even a final build as you pointed out.

It's a 1/13 case, and just because one of these changes are touching Blood elf DKs it doesn't mean anything, they have always had blue eyes because it's a characteristic of DKs.

This just shows how much hatred and spite there is against the request for High elves, and it's incredible to find people denying such thing. This also shows how much people talk without knowing what they are talking about, food for thought.
    It shows how the request for blue eyes in blood elves is mostly trolling.

Blizzard announces enhanced customization in Blizzcon, and the forums are flooded with anti-helf messages declaring "victory".

WIP on DK eyes in PTR? Forums again flooded with anti-helf messages declaring "victory".

And that will keep happening over the next year or so.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-11-13 at 10:54 AM.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    It shows how the request for blue eyes in blood elves is mostly trolling. Blizzard announces enhanced customization in Blizzcon, and the forums are flooded with anti-helf messages declaring "victory". WIP on DK eyes in PTR? Forums again flooded with anti-helf messages declaring "victory".
    Yeah, it also shows how much people can lie to your face.

'Oh no, the blue eye request is not related to High elves, like, at all! *wink wink*'

Disgusting, I can't help but guess if they also lie to the people around them in a constant basis.

Blood elves got blue eyes ?

Great. It doesn't prevent HE becoming playable. See Pandarens.
    I remember the developers said the pandaren are the only neutral race in the game

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I remember the developers said the pandaren are the only neutral race in the game
    What is to prove with this statement?

Yes, the Pandaren are the only neutral race in the game, because that is what is available. Before, then the statement would have been: 'There are not neutral races in the game'.

And even going past that, this just misses the point. When mentioning Pandaren, the idea is not for High elves to be presented as neutral, if not for simply pointing out that we have an exact 1:1 carbon copy on both factions already, including background, racials, classes, voicelines, etc... And that High elves are over such concept of being a carbon copy when facing statements saying they look exactly the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see what it looks like on Void Elves.

Also, still wishing for Night Elven Paladins too. Lol

I really just want an elven Paladin on Alliance side.

Or something other than a human, dwarf, Draenei, or gnome.

The Kyrian would be dope!

3+ Year Old Account
    New Blood Elf DK eyes on PTR have answered your prayers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    New Blood Elf DK eyes on PTR have answered your prayers.

First, that is a WIP.

Second, you are missing the point.

Third, you know how much bullshit your post is

What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    You know High elves wouldn't have paladins either because the only Thalassian paladins ever mentioned in the lore are the Blood Knights, right?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    You know High elves wouldn't have paladins either because the only Thalassian paladins ever mentioned in the lore are the Blood Knights, right?
    I hope you're trolling. Argent Tournament has loads of High Elf paladins, there are paladins in The Silver Covenant, too. You can find this with a quick google.