10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I always thought it would've been very interesting if Alleria after being out in space fighting the Legion would've been corrupted by Fel at some point, comes back to Azeroth, then she comes to understand the Blood Elves' plight, explains it to Vereesa, possibly with the perspective of "I had to fight off demons in space and didn't have time to meditate and quit cold turkey. I needed the boost at the time, but now that things are safer, I can work on it" and make Vereesa understand a bit more. Then we'd end up with Vereesa on Alliance, Sylvanas on Horde, and Alleria Alliance but friendly to Quel'thalas (the reason she went with the Alliance), with three varieties of elf to look at.

But then they did void elves.
    I was actually always a big proponent for a very similar idea before Alleria's return. Just like you say, I thought Alleria becoming a Fel-infused "blood elf" in her fight against the Legion would be an interesting way to perhaps compel some reflection in the youngest Windrunner sister. I had also hoped she might act as a mediator for further reconciliation between all the "Children of Silvermoon" as Auric refers to all Thalassians elves, maybe even becoming a member of a newly reformed Convocation of Silvermoon.

But, alas, the introduction of void elves took Alleria down a different path. There's still lots of interesting opportunities to be had from the development of the Ren'dorei story and Alleria could still be the one to bridge the divide. Just not on the Isle of Quel'Danas or anything! ^^'

I'd like to hear more of Vereesa's opinion of Alleria and her acolytes though! It must go against the grain for her to have another sister use such potentially dangerous magics and lead a following of former blood elves (and maybe high elves) who do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I agree. I know there is a bunch of Elf fans that want elven re-unification and what not and everyone to be a big happy family, like in the pre-sundering days.. but I'm okay with high elves having different elements and facets.

I'm okay with there being blood elves, and high elves, some high elves okay with blood elves and wanna convert em, others hating on us and preferring their alliance "human potential" masters /rolleyes. It's all variety right. And it reflects teh complexity and nuance of life. Makes interesting stories and situations, and eventually makes you really appreciate it if they do come together.

The lore is meant to be an asset, not a hindrance for us getting cool customisation. The distinction between the elves was always just for ingame purposes, blood elves had blue yes anyway, but the knowledge of what the customisation mean is also a boon, as it helps your character get into the fantasy.. it's a shame not that many races have set customisation like Wild hammers, Illidari, etc that have serious lore behind them.

And blizzard should really look to giving certain groups like Farstriders amongst the blood elves and Highborne amongst the night elves unique customisation that distinguish them.. as we've been discussing in the Night elf thread - it gets you more engaged with the fantasy. So I fully support.
    I would wholeheartedly agree with you on both fronts. The divide does make things a lot more interesting and complex regarding Thalassian lore. You don't anywhere near the same depth of tension when discussing Bloodhoof and Grimtotem tauren or Bronzebeard and Dark Iron dwarves. We Thalassian fans, whether we carry a red or blue banner (or both) are fortunate to be able to have such heated discussions!

And, oh, how I have longed for Farstrider tattoos for so long!
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-04-14 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Yes, Vereesa seems to have always been hyper-emotional and appears to act almost entirely on knee-jerk feeling, leaving very little room for thinking things through. Hence why she was so tempted by Sylvanas' offer and why she turned her back on her nation so completely and aggressively because of the actions of her cousin.

Alleria loathes the Horde as well but she is still able to behave like an adult when in the presence of Lor'themar and the likes (before everything goes tits up, of course!).
    I mean if you are always going to give Vereesa the least charitable read, sure. Anything to paint her in the worst light possible. So instead of more nuanced interpretations like not wanting her new home to allow the horde in or her radicalization after her husband died, it's better to paint her as a reactionary short fused mess.

Like sometimes bias is obvious. Like I think we don't disagree that Alleria is more mature and handles herself better, but to vilify Vereesa for her actions always has comes across as people just wanting to hate on a character. Which is an awful way to interpret fiction.

Well, it doesn't appear to be headcanon when Vereesa proclaims herself "Ranger-General" of the Silver Covenant - a Farstrider title - and when we see the SC mobilised outside Zul'Aman they are all wielding bows and there are many named SC NPCs with titles that mirror the Farstriders - Scout-Captain, Pathstalker etc.
    But, I would also say that there is a considerable magister-esque presence as well.
    It's literally a headcanon to say the SC rangers are former Farstriders because we don't have any confirmation of the sort. I'm not saying that's even wrong or partially true -if Vereesa is a self exiled Farstrider, so can others- but presenting an hypothesis without lore evidence is literally a headcanon. Headcanons are not bad, but they are not facts. Let's not missrepresent them.

Finally, I didn't mean that the remaining high elves universally make that claim in-game, more that those pro-high elfers who loath blood elves seem to use that "evil vampires" position as the crux of their contempt. I wasn't very clear there, sorry. But, yeah, what motivations we have seen vocalised from SC members does seem to be an outright rejection of a Horde presence in Dalaran extending to their Silvermoon loyalist kin. And that rejection manifests with lethal disdain.
    Of course, the Sunreavers got their hands dirty too, but the Silver Covenant hardly took the high road as so many people with rose-tinted spectacles seem to think they did.
    Like I fully think the Sunreavers have behaved themselves better as a group; the betrayal was something that was contained to an individual and covered up by Aethas, that makes them blameless. The SC for sure took the opportunity to have their vengeance on overall Horde treachery because it suited their agenda and grief. That's why I like the Silver Covenant, because they acted on a self righteous and damaging manner, they were shown to be far from perfect goody two shoes elves. They acted out of resentment and grief and put the blame on the Sunreavers. It was good to see the alliance beyond the scope of making the "good" choice and make a more believable one, even if it is complex.

The biggest problem with high elves is actually horde fans. The problem is they want and feel the Thalassian is theirs exclusively .. they have hated the thought of the alliance getting what they consider "their" elves.

They've even brought that possessive crap to the Nigh telven hihgobnre, the way some of them go on, they honestly believe the Highborne are blood elf lore, and have nothing to do with night elves at all, it's crazy to suggest that Night elves get highborne (and by extension highborne customisations or cities or advanced arcane magic)- despite having all these quite clearly not only in lore but in game. They would even tell themselves that Nightborne is more a blood elf thing, their reasoning? 1. They're on the horde, 2. THey use arcane magic 3. They're fancy and live in cities - and night elves can't be any of these because that's a horde thing.

Now not all horde fans are like this. But there is a certain type of bloke, that gets very possessive of the things he likes, and the thought of anyone sharing or having his prize gets him riled. They fell in love with the horde when they switched over to them to play the very blood (high) elves, now there, they'd be damned if these are ever on the alliance. They want high elves deleted, marginalised, and removed. It's the height of faction bias. [Yes it takes one to know one, and I'm definitely all bloke, got the parts to prove it - I understand how they think - but I'll tell you those feelings we have, aren't suppoed to be applied in this way. No good comes out of this]

And it's all very silly High elves aren't going anywhere, , they are an identity of a race many people like, including horde fans, regardless of whether they're on which faction. Said horde fans are fine with high elves on the horde, cos the problem is not really high elves, it's the alliance getting their beautiful model.

Now, alliance fans are guilty of particularly wanting high elves because they are pretty and are jealous in an almost annoying way because they want the prettiest option, and it so happened blizzard didn't give it to them, this makes hordies proud, and it makes alliance players covet.

now not all alliance fans are like that, some are more in it for the fantasy ofc, but I would wager this intensity wouldn't exist if Night elves were done properly and blizzard showed their highbrone side as majestic, with the night elf model improved to reflect this and the fullness of the kaldorei civilization the Nightborne are in the middle of.

There would still be people wanting high elves, the genuine ones, but the conversation would not span countless threads, and megathreads across many platforms.

I reckon the alliance would get high elves playable eventually, but by the time it happens it really wouldn't matter much to anyone. But the di hards would be happy.

SO there you go folks, your classic case of jealousy (in the form of possessiveness) and covetousness. Let's not give the SJWs toxic masculinity ammunition.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-04-15 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    No, I wasn't talking about a Void Elf who looks like a High Elf though, I was talking about a Void Elf who was a High Elf. Obviously, if they were to undergo the ritual that created the Void Elves, they would become a new Void Elf, purple skin and all. The specific point is that if your concern is that you wish to play a Void Elf who has always been loyal to the Alliance and who was a part of the Silver Covenant, playing a Void Elf whose story you have decided is that they used to be an exile is the way to realise that particular goal.

Insisting that is not enough, that an aesthetic that is indistinguishable from a Blood Elf be added to Void Elves so that you can fully realise that fantasy when simply thinking through the origin produces the same result, leads inexorably to the same conclusion it always does. That the talk of lore is a fig leaf in an attempt to leverage the Blood Elf aesthetic.
    See now you are completely missing the point. Pay attention and don't jump to conclusions, comprehend what other people are saying:

The point is that giving VE's a HE origin NEEDS a lore explanation because it's not just an aesthetic, but a whole "race change" to pass from one to the other. The point I was bringing up is that you saying "we don't need an explanation for that" and comparing it to Wildhammer and Forest troll only would fit if Void Elves were given a HE look. Which We All Know You Disagree With.

Yet to take the Troll example, it is not just the Forest Troll skin they are receiving. They are also receiving sand troll skins. There is no lore explanation behind that beyond what players who care will deign to create for themselves. There is no need for a plot to demonstrate sand trolls joining the Horde, or sand troll NPCs to pop up. The option will simply be there and, as Moorgard said, it's up to the players invested in their character's background to determine why their troll happens to be a sand troll.

In a similar vein, anyone who wishes to play their Void Elf as a former High Elf is perfectly welcome to do so under the same principle. The caveat being that that high elf made the decision to become a Void Elf as a part of their story, but they will have done so as a member of the Silver Covenant who has always served the Alliance.
    Again, it's not even on the same ball park to say "this sand troll joined the Horde" and "this high elf went through a hitherto unknown voidification process to become a void elf. And even so, I fully believe we ALSO need some lore explanation why we are able to play as Farraki, since they do not a horde background, it's still bad, but not as bad as to just pretend we are able to replicate an admiteddly accidental process at will.

All I know now is that we need lore explanations for HE VE's and Farraki trolls joining the Horde. And I'm fully on board with this being done through flavor or quest text -which can also apply to Forest Trolls and Wildhammer- I see degrees of necessity for all, what I don't get why are just against the idea of lore clarification on this.

The lore was pretty clear, Alleria ate the heart of an incredibly rare dark Naaru which triggered her transformation. Dark Naaru are not common. In fact they are incredibly rare. Other Void Elves simply got blasted by void energies until they started to transform, and the process was interrupted at a point when they were midway between states. One is clearly far simpler to implement than the other.
    If there were two methods to make water elves, one which involved turning a hose on some Elves till they got very soggy and another which involved seeking out a phial containing the tears of a long dead wizard who wept only once his life and which buried beneath a glacier on the far side of the planet, then only one of those methods is really practical to use on any kind of mass scale.
    Finally, Alleria is actually the bluest Void Elf. Her transformed form is so blue it is almost black. There is no Void Elf that does not outwardly display that they are Void Elves.
    I'll give you this is a matter of opinion to a degree -which process would be harder to replicate or the more likely results- and ultimately irrelevant because I'm not trying to justify VE's giving HE's skin tones. My point here is that the process that made VE's was an accident, so if there's any intention and further success to replicate it, that has to be addressed by the lore . What I don't get is you being against this needing explaining, I don't see the rationale behind clarifying and expanding a lore point that's notoriously contentious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they could also just put someone to say ingame "hey saurfang is the new orc leader", but they didn't, dude died and didn't even get formalized, we only knew because pressured the devs and they said on twitter.
    Why are people pointing out more mistakes of the in game lore not addressing things it should as a good thing? Sure the Saurfang issue wasn't as bad because he was like literally the highest ranking Orc left, but it wasn't good either. Why are people against explaining the lore now? Why???

she is not even cited in characters mentioned in the wowpedia link, so i doubt.
    Sure, because the only characters that will appear on the book will be the ones mentioned in the pre release. It will be completely a self contained stage show.

Like sure Vereesa might not appear, the point is we don't know, but the logic you are using to give your opinion -better said, your wish- is by being illogical. At what point you do not realize you are foregoing rationale just to be contrarian?

Like for fucks sake, it's not an wild conclusion that Alleria's sister and son will show up at some point since she will be one of the main characters. It might be wrong of course, but it's probable given their relationship. Saying she "probably won't be" because we haven't already see her mentioned is just being contrarian out of spite lol. Like what is even the motivation behind it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean if you are always going to give Vereesa the least charitable read, sure. Anything to paint her in the worst light possible. So instead of more nuanced interpretations like not wanting her new home to allow the horde in or her radicalization after her husband died, it's better to paint her as a reactionary short fused mess.

Like sometimes bias is obvious. Like I think we don't disagree that Alleria is more mature and handles herself better, but to vilify Vereesa for her actions always has comes across as people just wanting to hate on a character. Which is an awful way to interpret fiction.

It's literally a headcanon to say the SC rangers are former Farstriders because we don't have any confirmation of the sort. I'm not saying that's even wrong or partially true -if Vereesa is a self exiled Farstrider, so can others- but presenting an hypothesis without lore evidence is literally a headcanon. Headcanons are not bad, but they are not facts. Let's not missrepresent them.

Like I fully think the Sunreavers have behaved themselves better as a group; the betrayal was something that was contained to an individual and covered up by Aethas, that makes them blameless. The SC for sure took the opportunity to have their vengeance on overall Horde treachery because it suited their agenda and grief. That's why I like the Silver Covenant, because they acted on a self righteous and damaging manner, they were shown to be far from perfect goody two shoes elves. They acted out of resentment and grief and put the blame on the Sunreavers. It was good to see the alliance beyond the scope of making the "good" choice and make a more believable one, even if it is complex.
    I'll respond to this but then I really need to hit the hay! Been enjoying the conversation with everybody though and look forward to continuing it tomorrow!

I would say that characters invoking a strong emotional response in consumers is a sign of the success of a franchise, if that response isn't regarding the quality of the writing!

I will admit that I do have a bias against Vereesa. When you weigh up the sum of her actions, I don't think she comes across as a good person. Quite the opposite. I think she is a self-centred, vindictive hypocrite. However, going back over the Three Sisters comic preparing for a previous response, I do think that her taking in of Arator while his parents were away was a noble thing.

Vereesa's definitely been shown to be slowly softening up since getting away from Knaak's novels but I don't think we've seen enough of her to start giving her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe in time.

Well, I didn't mean to present my word as gospel and looking back at it, I don't think I did: "the SC membership - made up largely, by the looks of it, of former Farstriders". I did say that's what it looked like to me, rather than saying that is the confirmed reality. But, I do think it would make sense if a lot of those ranger-y types of SC members were former Farstriders like Vereesa. Heck, they could have been members of her cadre who followed her in self-imposed exile, just like how Alleria's unit seemed to follow her to Outland.

I do think everything you've said make the Silver Covenant and their leader deeply interesting. I think they add a moral complexity to the Alliance story that would otherwise often be lacking (poor Horde players have to desperately cling to that one example of Alliance soldiers shooting drowning Horde sailors in MoP when using whataboutism in debates). My problem is that many pro-high elfers don't see that. They seem to have this rigid "blood elves=bad & high elves=good" dichotomy in their head and they appear to refuse to recognise that there are green and blue-eyed Thalassians that do some pretty terrible things.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-04-15 at 06:56 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Bellular, another big influencer in the WoW community recognizes that alliance high elves are not feasible as blood elves are already our high elves.
    You mean that dude that plays Blood Elves as his mains? If that's your idea of a paragon of neutrality then that's interesting to know.

So Vareesa's actions are justified because her husband died, but the blood elves are "immoral and impure" because they sought other ways to survive after A)their kingdom was destroyed by the scourge including many loved ones killed in front of their very eyes, and B)the acting Alliance general tried to have them executed after they had already suffered the loss of their kingdom?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    You mean that dude that plays Blood Elves as his mains? If that's your idea of a paragon of neutrality then that's interesting to know.
    I never referred to him as a paragon of neutrality. Taliesin mains alliance, so his content naturally has a bias (whether intentional or unintentional) towards Alliance things. As such, his 1 min segment on high elves is dismiss-able because he (intentionally or unintentionally) leaves out the opposing side to the argument.

And just so you're aware, Taliesin does not agree with the idea of void elves having high elf customizations. Listen to one of his recent WoW Killer podcasts and you can hear his view on that matter. Effectively, he does not agree on void elves having high elf customizations but on his high elf video and year or two back he concluded with his belief that blizzard will unlikely make alliance high elves a playable option. So his recent videos on high elves is puzzling, he doesn't believe they're going to happen yet he's harping on about blue eyes for blood elves?

He's not the best source for you to use as "evidence" to your argument.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Personally, I'm partial to the idea of blood and high elves reconciling and coming back together, being turned into a pandaren-style faction-neutral race where you're an independent blood/high elf adventurer going off to serve whichever faction you think is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It's just logic tbh.

I mean there's been a whole expansion dedicated to adding races for a war effort and mechagnomes were added over them.

Then there's ion flat out saying, blood elves are high elves,

And then there's the datamined adittions to the allied race dB having everything from tuskar to vrykul but no mention at all of another elf.

And then there's the large community opposition to anymore elves being added to World of elfcraft.

I mean that is the current state of play. Do you want people to lie and give false hope? Throw out some lore reasons that ultimately don't matter at all because blizz will do what they want no matter how articulated your lore based arguments are?

You have a right to indulge in fantasy all you want but Eod you can't blame people for pointing out it is only just that. And the state of play currently indicates heavily it will remain as such for a long time yet to come.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    It's just logic tbh.

I mean there's been a whole expansion dedicated to adding races for a war effort and mechagnomes were added over them.

Then there's ion flat out saying, blood elves are high elves,

And then there's the datamined adittions to the allied race dB having everything from tuskar to vrykul but no mention at all of another elf.

And then there's the large community opposition to anymore elves being added to World of elfcraft.

I mean that is the current state of play. Do you want people to lie and give false hope? Throw out some lore reasons that ultimately don't matter at all because blizz will do what they want no matter how articulated your lore based arguments are?

You have a right to indulge in fantasy all you want but Eod you can't blame people for pointing out it is only just that. And the state of play currently indicates heavily it will remain as such for a long time yet to come.
    Oh trust me, I prefer facts. I never assumed High Elves would come bfa and I never assumed they would come in Shadowlands either.

I don't presume to know if they'll ever be added, but the request itself isn't going away. And it's not going to go away even with the blue eyes on blood Elves.

That's all I've been pointing out. People will continue requesting High Elves.

I can stop posting about High Elves. People will still continue requesting High Elves.

This entire thread can get closed/deleted/whatever and people will still ask for High Elves.

So I'm unsure the point of this post. You seem to be arguing against something I've never stated.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels more and more that people come in here to attack specific posters by assigning them arguments/points they've never said and rolling off that rather than have an actual discussion where points are taken into consideration.

I still will never understand the purpose of someone coming in here to repeat what's already been said by them repeatedly, especially if the high elf topic is already a forgone conclusion in their own mind.

- - - Updated - - -

And just so you're aware, Taliesin does not agree with the idea of void elves having high elf customizations. Listen to one of his recent WoW Killer podcasts and you can hear his view on that matter. Effectively, he does not agree on void elves having high elf customizations but on his high elf video and year or two back he concluded with his belief that blizzard will unlikely make alliance high elves a playable option. So his recent videos on high elves is puzzling, he doesn't believe they're going to happen yet he's harping on about blue eyes for blood elves?
    Good that he's that passionate about it. I think I've already said my preferred stances but let's re-iterate again anyway since it seems people forget so easily:

I prefer actual separate High Elves for Alliance with their own Allied Race treatment.

IF that cannot happen, I don't care if Void Elves get High Elf customization as the actual compromise.

Something is always better than nothing, just like Wildhammer Fans/Sand Troll fans/Forest Troll fans are happy to at least get to look like how they want and a small lament of no specific racials, rather than not having the option at all to play the character and look like they've always envisioned to be.

I'll respond to this but then I really need to hit the hay! Been enjoying the conversation with everybody though and look forward to continuing it tomorrow!

I would say that characters invoking a strong emotional response in consumers is a sign of the success of a franchise, if that response isn't regarding the quality of the writing!

I will admit that I do have a bias against Vereesa. When you way up the sum of her actions, I don't think she comes across as a good person. Quite the opposite. I think she is a self-centred, vindictive hypocrite. However, going back over the Three Sisters comic preparing for a previous response, I do think that her taking in of Arator while his parents were away was a noble thing.

Vereesa's definitely been shown to be slowly softening up since getting away from Knaak's novels but I don't think we've seen enough of her to start giving her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe in time.
    Very fair point; what I am ultimately saying is that we all have biases against certain characters, and I am not saying Vereesa has been written consistently well, or just consistently. But I do think a lot of people are unfair on her assessment of her to the point of vilifying. I get Vereesa is not likeable to some, but we all have to be wary of our own biases, because it may result on an emotional response that's not intended by the writing.

Well, I didn't mean to present my word as gospel and looking back at it, I don't think I did: "the SC membership - made up largely, by the looks of it, of former Farstriders". I did say that's what it looked like to me, rather than saying that is the confirmed reality. But, I do think it would make sense if a lot of those ranger-y types of SC members were former Farstriders like Vereesa. Heck, they could have been members of her cadre who followed her in self-imposed exile, just like how Alleria's unit seemed to follow her to Outland.
    Indeed, I was just doing fact checking work on that, mostly because a lot of people keep bringing it up as a fact. Just making clear where we should stand on the issue. I do agree it makes sense that many could be Farstriders on the same position than Vereesa, but it also could be just Dalarani elves; not all the citizenry is forced to be mages or scholars, they always had a military. IMO, since the Silver Covenant is a paramilitary unit, it makes as much sense if Vereesa recruited Dalaran High Elves. Most likely is a mix of both.

I do think everything you've said make the Silver Covenant and their leader deeply interesting. I think they add a moral complexity to the Alliance story that would otherwise often be lacking (poor Horde players have to desperately cling to that one example of Alliance soldiers shooting drowning Horde sailors in MoP when using whataboutism in debates). My problem is that many pro-high elfers don't see that. They seem to have this rigid "blood elves=bad & high elves=good" dichotomy in their head and they appear to refuse to recognise that there are green and blue-eyed Thalassians that do some pretty terrible things.
    Well many pro high elves just want to be a pretty blond good elf, doesn't make it a sensible argument. I have always liked High Elves, but I only really wanted them to become playable in MoP, because they became very interesting in their grief and resentment fueled self righteousness. Honestly I would have even liked if they continued to edge to the bad side to the point not even the alliance could have vouched for them. Would have been cool to see them go off the deep end.

- - - Updated - - -

So Vareesa's actions are justified because her husband died, but the blood elves are "immoral and impure" because they sought other ways to survive after A)their kingdom was destroyed by the scourge including many loved ones killed in front of their very eyes, and B)the acting Alliance general tried to have them executed after they had already suffered the loss of their kingdom?
    No, because that's the exact issue I am talking about. Bias. Nuance is free but it still seems people like you can't afford it and instead want an easy "good" or "bad" answer. Understanding Vereesa's mindset doesn't make her actions justified, but a low point doesn't define her. Nor the same is true for the Blood Elves who went through a dark time as well but moved on.

But you sound like the sort of person that would think asking for more understanding of Vereesa as a character means I think Blood Elves are "immoral and impure."

It'd be nice if those datamined Silver Covenant NPCs, after staring death in face, feel like they need to reach out to Umbric and Alleria and take the void plunge to better protect themselves from such otherworldly powers. Then we'd have explicitly high elven originating Ren'dorei and we could put this whole thing to bed.
    Better yet, they can learn to control the void without being physically changed.

These long winded discussions, while actually pretty interesting and displaying a lot more thoughtfulness than Blizzard has in the past decade, are so very meaningless.

The games lore has been torn apart and defected all over dozens of times. There is nothing stopping them from doing whatever they want at this point as they have shown time and time again they will do whatever whim pops into someone’s head.

There’s nothing to protect in this franchise anymore nor does it have the value it used to have in any case.

I’d imagine the only thing stopping them is that they don’t want to have twice as many blood elves running around since people have proven they don’t want to play ugly shit anymore and almost all racial picks are fair ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are people pointing out more mistakes of the in game lore not addressing things it should as a good thing? Sure the Saurfang issue wasn't as bad because he was like literally the highest ranking Orc left, but it wasn't good either. Why are people against explaining the lore now? Why???
    im saying is: they didn't before, and only did a lame ass excuse when pressured, they will not do it until they get pressured for it

Sure, because the only characters that will appear on the book will be the ones mentioned in the pre release. It will be completely a self contained stage show.
    normally is what happens

Like for fucks sake, it's not an wild conclusion that Alleria's sister and son will show up at some point since she will be one of the main characters. It might be wrong of course, but it's probable given their relationship. Saying she "probably won't be" because we haven't already see her mentioned is just being contrarian out of spite lol. Like what is even the motivation behind it?
    kinda it is tough, just because she is someone sister don't mean she will appear, since the history have nothing to do with her, like at all, and when it will probably be separated by characters, like it will have talanji part, Alleria part, maybe Nathanos part

Mention is possible, but if you want her there talking to alleria so she can go to the mission, because by some reason veressa is giving her motivation(like she need more) is a bit out of place and not pertinent to the story, is like saying we will se Zekhan parents and they will take a role to the story, rather than maybe some mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Personally, I'm partial to the idea of blood and high elves reconciling and coming back together, being turned into a pandaren-style faction-neutral race where you're an independent blood/high elf adventurer going off to serve whichever faction you think is best.
    They “come together again as a race” so that they can then proceed to murder each other in the open world?
    How does that align with a notion of unity?

@Thalassian Bob and @MyWholeLifeIsThunder

Regarding the Purge of Dalaran, I still view it as an highlight of the Alliance experience, because it is one of the handful of times where the Alliance is allowed to strike back in kind to the Horde's agression, and the anger of the Silver Covenant, their hatred even, is perfectly understandable, and even justifiable.

The Sunreavers didn't just allowed the Horde to get the Divine Bell, an extremely dangerous artifact, which couldn't be stored in Dalaran in the first place because of the Horde's presence there (which they represented) and the already known affiliation to Garrosh of one of their member, who allowed Theramore's gates to be destroyed. No, the Sunreavers didn't stop there.

They also gave Garrosh the means to wipe out Theramore, which was the other largest concentration of High Elves remaining in the world. Sin'dorei may speak all they want about being the true heirs of the Quel'dorei and all that bullshit, that the Silver Covenant is full of enraged fanatics and what not. But it's them who helped Garrosh exterminate at least a half of the remaining High Elves. It's also the Horde who drove the inhabitants of Quel'Lithien Lodge to despair because of their constant raids, when they already suffered eking out a living in the Plaguelands, alone and cut offs.

The Sin'dorei as a whole and expecially the Sunreavers have a lot of Quel'dorei's blood on their hands, and it was great to make them pay, to make them feel the wrath of all those peoples whose lives had been snuffed out just so their new masters of the Horde could go on a rampage.

And don't come barging about Theramore being a viable military target and what not. Garrosh stated his goals to wipe out the Alliance on Kalimdor long before the Cataclysm. In Wolfheart, he was the one invading Ashenvale when no war had yet started, and Theramore answered to this first invasion. And no Horde leader ever came close to Jaina's actions toward peace. And yet, living in an horribel swamp, letting her own father and all his men be slaughtered by the Horde and doing her best for years to promote peace, even in the face of the horrors of the Undercity, earned her a mana-bomb in the face.

The Purge was justified, like the gunning down of those orcs sailors in the water. When your motto is "Victory or Death" you can't come crying when you lose and that the opponent give you death.

kinda it is tough, just because she is someone sister don't mean she will appear, since the history have nothing to do with her, like at all, and when it will probably be separated by characters, like it will have talanji part, Alleria part, maybe Nathanos part
    Sure, Vereesa is not relevant at all to the narrative of one of her sisters hunting down the other one. Are you being for real?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, Vereesa is not relevant at all to the narrative of one of her sisters hunting down the other one. Are you being for real?
    yes, quite real, i know people like to give her much credit, but, what is her relevance? JUST being someone else sister? she will not partake any role and will not be relevant at all, even in the comic she was there just because she was their sister

I mean just look at the Siege of orgrimmar 2, she was just there, and nothing more, like i said, she being mentioned is understandable, but to appear and do stuff? if the book was about alleria only, maybe, i doubt they will waste time making Alleria visit her and talk, and blablablabla, when the book is about a lot of key characters, they will prob cut to the important parts

5+ Year Old Account
    yes, quite real, i know people like to give her much credit, but, what is her relevance? JUST being someone else sister? she will not partake any role and will not be relevant at all, even in the comic she was there just because she was their sister

I mean just look at the Siege of orgrimmar 2, she was just there, and nothing more, like i said, she being mentioned is understandable, but to appear and do stuff? if the book was about alleria only, maybe, i doubt they will waste time making Alleria visit her and talk, and blablablabla, when the book is about a lot of key characters, they will prob cut to the important parts
    She was actually the reason sylvanas didn't kill them both right there on the spot.

There was and have always been lore characters that are "just there", and there always will be.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

So all of my blood elves can have blue eyes? Very cool, i don’t even have to lvl up a fresh one! I dont like to hide helm that much but its okay