5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    He has fun with files to do his "Quel'dorei" experiments.

There is still nothing for the real update.
    Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. Seems like Wowhead also wants proper High Elves

He too must be in a hurry to see what the high elves will look like, especially their eyes.

https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...37542863880193

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that they will have two variants for their eyes, with and without glow, as we have always seen them in WOW or others.

I hope we will never get eyes without glow playable. Elves should have glowing eyes, long ears and long eyebrows. Otherwise they are not elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. Seems like Wowhead also wants proper High Elves
    In addition to their new eyes, the High Elf NPCs will probably have blue underwear and blue nail polish for women as before WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    "Alleria the void and high elf" sounds just awful to begin with so ofc she's not labeled as such.
    She's labelled as such because she is a void elf. There's nothing more to it.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

5+ Year Old Account
    Is this a new NPC or Stiven's own creation?
    It's good that you ask, as we have seen with the blue eyes, any skin can be put over any model, as seen many times.

The last time I saw something like that, was a male goblin model with a female Blood elf skin on it, that doesn't mean it's something new for the game.

@Obelisk Kai

I hadn't noticed this new WoW board game coming out. https://www.wowhead.com/news=316030/...me-coming-soon

As you can see, the night elf race is with the alliance faction (makes sense) and the high elf race is with the horde faction (again, makes sense). It's clear that most people and Blizzard view the high elves on the Horde as the high elves of the WoW universe. Night elves are the core elven race on the Alliance, and I think it's great that Blizzard put their own twist on the traditional fantasy trope. High elves in wow are a core Horde race, and it seems only a very small community choose to not view it as this. Imagine if both factions had access to each others races, WoW's faction system would at that point be completely watered down and pointless. Personally, I appreciate the faction divide and the racial uniquness and distinction of both factions. As simple as this board game is, it's a great example of the dichotomy of WoW... one being that the night elf race is core to the Alliance and the high elf race is core to the Horde. It'd be an injustice to blur faction lines for the sake of extremely minor groups here or there. The high elf race is already represented and is a core part of the Horde
    Last edited by Strippling; 2020-05-18 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    @Obelisk Kai

I hadn't noticed this new WoW board game coming out. https://www.wowhead.com/news=316030/...me-coming-soon

As you can see, the night elf race is with the alliance faction (makes sense) and the high elf race is with the horde faction (again, makes sense). It's clear that most people and Blizzard view the high elves on the Horde as the high elves of the WoW universe. Night elves are the core elven race on the Alliance, and I think it's great that Blizzard put their own twist on the traditional fantasy trope. High elves in wow are a core Horde race, and it seems only a very small community choose to not view it as this. Imagine if both factions had access to each others races, WoW's faction system would at that point be completely watered down and pointless. Personally, I appreciate the faction divide and the racial uniquness and distinction of both factions. As simple as this board game is, it's a great example of the dichotomy of WoW... one being that the night elf race is core to the Alliance and the high elf race is core to the Horde.
    Oddly tho the cover box doesn't have Undead or Draenei featured.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    Oddly tho the cover box doesn't have Undead or Draenei featured.
    Yea I had observed that, but it's been mentioned that they'll be playable options for the Horde and Alliance factions. But as is also noteable, the high elf race is featured with the Horde while the night elf race is featured with the Alliance
    Last edited by Strippling; 2020-05-18 at 10:01 PM.

Yea I had observed that, but it's been mentioned that they'll be playable options for the Horde and Alliance factions. Pandas too. But as is also noteable, the high elf race is featured with the Horde while the night elf race is featured with the Alliance
    May I ask where this was stated? I don't see any mention of it in the wowhead link unless i'm blind.

@Obelisk Kai

As you can see, the night elf race is with the alliance faction (makes sense) and the high elf race is with the horde faction (again, makes sense). It's clear that most people and Blizzard view the high elves on the Horde as the high elves of the WoW universe. Night elves are the core elven race on the Alliance, and I think it's great that Blizzard put their own twist on the traditional fantasy trope. High elves in wow are a core Horde race, and it seems only a very small community choose to not view it as this. Imagine if both factions had access to each others races, WoW's faction system would at that point be completely watered down and pointless. Personally, I appreciate the faction divide and the racial uniquness and distinction of both factions. As simple as this board game is, it's a great example of the dichotomy of WoW... one being that the night elf race is core to the Alliance and the high elf race is core to the Horde. It'd be an injustice to blur faction lines for the sake of extremely minor groups here or there. The high elf race is already represented and is a core part of the Horde

Bad faith apparently makes you blind.

Bad faith apparently makes you blind.

Blind to what exactly?

And not bad faith. Just an appreciation for faction distinction and pride. Or are we not allowed to appreciate such things as it gets in the way of your request?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    May I ask where this was stated? I don't see any mention of it in the wowhead link unless i'm blind.
    Somebody on the WoW facebook page shared a link to the statement, if I can find the comment again I'll share it.
    Last edited by Strippling; 2020-05-18 at 10:14 PM.

@Obelisk Kai

To add to this: When you take World of Warcraft's factions right about now, you primarily see Nightelves and humans in big numbers whenever you look at Alliance players in shared hubs, and similarly you see mainly the High/Blood elves, Orc and vulpera when you look at the majority of horde players.

So how would adding the most popular race on the Horde to the Alliance change this? Well then you'd be seeing mostly High elves, High elves and more highelves everywhere on both sides (with how popular the race is), with a mix of Orc, Nightelves and humans added to the mix. This would be extremely dull to look at. The faction system would be near irrelevant at that point, not to mention the nonsensical lore to gameplay translation issues that would cause.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2020-05-18 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    To add to this: When you take World of Warcraft's factions right about now, you primarily see Nightelves and humans in big numbers whenever you look at Alliance players in shared hubs, and similarly you see mainly the High/Blood elves, Orc and vulpera when you look at the majority of horde players.

So how would adding the most popular race on the Horde to the Alliance change this? Well then you'd be seeing mostly High elves, High elves and more highelves everywhere on both sides (with how popular the race is), with a mix of Orc, Nightelves and humans added to the mix. This would be extremely dull to look at. The faction system would be near irrelevant at that point, not to mention the nonsensical lore to gameplay translation issues that would cause.
    Nightborne send their regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataraism View Post
    Yes and void elves do the same to you.

And why I shouldn't really bother with responding to strawman replies: Both of which were mistakes. To share even sub-races from core faction mother races like that, and the resulted damage done to faction identity from that decision, doesn't have to be increased exponentially further (by adding/trading an actual core race back and fourth again, which is what they would have to do again in a hypothetical case this happens), just to appease a minority of players.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2020-05-18 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataraism View Post
    Nightborne are not night elves. Blizzard told us at the 2015 Blizzcon that they are a unique elven species and are no longer night elves.

Also, nightborne were an equivalent swap for void elves. So you're argument holds no weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post

You hit the nail on the head there. 100% agree

5+ Year Old Account
    To me the funny thing is it's plastered everywhere that they're blood elves/sin'dorei and you're going to have some people being pedant looking at all the blood elf things and going "cool look at all this high elf stuff :^D"

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    You were clear enough, and I asked in return, do NPCs and quests not address a player as a Kul'Tiran if the player plays as a fat human? It was a 'yes or no' question.
    I don't see the relevance in this question.
    If the devs state "you're not from Kul Tiras just because you pick a Kul Tiran", then that is it on the matter until they say otherwise. Games are limited according to coding.
    I didn't address the rest of your post, its just bad faith on your part.

To me the funny thing is it's plastered everywhere that they're blood elves/sin'dorei and you're going to have some people being pedant looking at all the blood elf things and going "cool look at all this high elf stuff :^D"
    I never said they weren't blood elves. I just recognize and appreciate the fact that the blood elves are our high elves and that the high elf race is a core Horde race. And that on the board game front cover we have the night elf race featured with the Alliance and the high elf race featured with the Horde.

Alleria isn't transformed. She just has a void form button. It would be like saying night elves druids are no longer Night elves because they can transform into some creatures.
    This is just head canon on your part. There is an entire storyline along with her literally absorbing a Dark Naaru into herself and becoming a part of the void that illustrates she is a void elf.
    High elves don't naturally hear voices just because they use shadow magic.
    The devs say she is a void elf.
    She identifies as a void elf.
    The game calls her a void elf.
    She's a void elf.

So according to you blood elves who are mastering the void can also move to the Alliance and become void elves while keeping their original physical apparence.
    "high elves aren't high elves because of their appearance."
    "Alleria isn't a void elf because of her original appearance she is a high elf".
    Just an amusing thing I noticed. moving on

Let alone that she spent HUNDREDS of years becoming a void elf and the method in which she changed is why she is different from other void elves. Let's just ignore that though /s

But no, its not according to me, that is according to you, don't get it mixed up.
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-05-18 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    This is just head canon on your part. There is an entire storyline along with her literally absorbing a Dark Naaru into herself and becoming a part of the void that illustrates she is a void elf.
    High elves don't naturally hear voices just because they use shadow magic.
    The devs say she is a void elf.
    She identifies as a void elf.
    The game calls her a void elf.
    She's a void elf.
    I think some players just don't want to accept that she is a void elf, so they'll jump through any hoop to justify their opinion.