Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    I, unfortunately, not only did not 'win' a single thing,
    This just seems petulant tbh.
    but will have to concede that playable High Elves aren't happening anymore unfortunately.
    I think plenty of people have been trying to tell you this for ages. At least as soon as Void Elves happened, there was no more place for High Elves to be their own allied race, let alone their own full race. (like some wanted)

Fact of the matter is Blizzard could've just said "Here are the Void Elves as they are. They are your High Elves and that's all you're getting."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This just seems petulant tbh.
    You are not the one to tell me what I should want and be happy about, sorry.

I think plenty of people have been trying to tell you this for ages. At least as soon as Void Elves happened, there was no more place for High Elves to be their own allied race, let alone their own full race. (like some wanted)
    People have been saying that Blizzard are not going to give to Alliance a fair skin elf because it would blur faction identity. These people were wrong, evidently. And Allied Race system was specifically made so that Blizzard would be able to add different version of existing playable races in fashion that requires little effort and be lore-friendly. It does necessitate that only one another version of a playable race can be introduced. Still doesn't.

You are not the one to tell me what I should want and be happy about, sorry.
    Excuse me, did I do that? I'm just saying you're being given the best you were ever going to get but all you do is label it basically a spit in the face because it's not 100% what you want.
    People have been saying that Blizzard are not going to give to Alliance a fair skin elf because it would blur faction identity. These people were wrong, evidently. And Allied Race system was specifically made so that Blizzard would be able to add different version of existing playable races in fashion that requires little effort and be lore-friendly. It does necessitate that only one another version of a playable race can be introduced. Still doesn't.
    There is a difference between "here, we'll give these elves a more human skin tone." and "well, we've now got blood elves and void elves, but these people really want their high elves, so let's add a third elf race with the exact same frame and almost the exact appearance of blood elves."

It was a pipe dream.

Been a while since I checked in on this thread.

Seems to be a little bit of defeatism from the pro-High Elf camp at the moment and a little bit of triumphalism from the anti-High Elf camp, declaring it over and done with given the new skins and eye colors that looks to become available.

But doesn't these skins and eye colors just make the case even more for adding High Elves to the game?

I mean, it has never been easier for Blizzard to do it than now. They have everything they need, except perhaps a new background for the race selection screen. There isn't a race more established in the lore of either faction that would be easier to add than High Elf, and it would make some people very happy. Seems like good business to make those people happy.

Keep asking for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post

Seems to be a little bit of defeatism from the pro-High Elf camp at the moment and a little bit of triumphalism from the anti-High Elf camp, declaring it over and done with given the new skins and eye colors that looks to become available.

But doesn't these skins and eye colors just make the case even more for adding High Elves to the game?

I mean, it has never been easier for Blizzard to do it than now. They have everything they need, except perhaps a new background for the race selection screen. There isn't a race more established in the lore of either faction that would be easier to add than High Elf, and it would make some people very happy. Seems like good business to make those people happy.

Keep asking for it!
    Blood Elves and Void Elves are now the High Elves.

Blood Elves and Void Elves are now the High Elves.
    I don't think you are one of the some people I was talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMordrag View Post
    Honestly I really hate to be that person but I wanted their own unique allied race with racials, etc. If we got that I would legit be 100% happy. It's all I ever wanted.
    That's the problem.

Out of all the possible allied races, not everyone would be happy.

What about the orc players that wanted Blackrock Orcs? What about the players that wanted Yaungol? 'Proper' Mechagnomes (i.e. WotLK variant)? Any of the various troll races (Forest, Desert, etc)? Wildhammer?

Not 'race' gets their own thing. We have four different elf races, it was 100% impossible for High Elves (as you and many others percieve) to be added as an Allied Race. Alliance got Void Elves instead. Yes, that's not what you wanted, that's what was said an innumerable amount of times in this thread and many like it, but it's what you got. Blizzard was never going to back, remove the void elves, and give you high elves. That, too, was 100% impossible.

They did bend though, and offered up High Elf-like customization to void elves (and blood elves, but that's not important to this post). You effectively got the closest thing you'll ever get in the shape of High Elves in WoW.

And people will never be happy. 'I DIDNT GET IT MY WAY, FUCK YOU GUYS, I WANT IT MY WAY' (Tangential Trantrum).

Yes, it sucks. We get it. You wanted High Elves. It wasn't ever going to happen though, especially not after the Void Elves were introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post

Keep asking for it!
    No. It really doesn't. It's the final nail in the coffin. Thinking anything else and getting hopes up, is incredibly stupid to do. Just use a little bit of logic to understand why the bolded statement is factually incorrect.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Excuse me, did I do that?
    Eh, yes? This:
    'I'm just saying you're being given the best you were ever going to get but all you do is label it basically a spit in the face because it's not 100% what you want.'

is just another way to say that I should be happy with what Blizzard has done.

There is a difference between "here, we'll give these elves a more human skin tone." and "well, we've now got blood elves and void elves, but these people really want their high elves, so let's add a third elf race with the exact same frame and almost the exact appearance of blood elves."

It was a pipe dream.
    The biggest argument that has been repeated over and over and over again was that fair skins are going to blur faction identity and hence Blizzards are not going to add High Elves. This is what was talked about consistently, this was the only argument Blizzard themselves have given for why they didn't plan to give High Elves. Clearly, this argument was wrong and Blizzard have changed their mind.

I don't see what's wrong to have High Elves together with Void Elves. It's just two Allied Race slots instead of one. So what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's kinda absurd how the discussion devolved into semantics.

Horde players were asking for blue eyes, they got it.
    Alliance players were asking for high elves, they got a way to look like high elves.

Some Horde players got mad because their request for blue eyes was solely to deny high elves to the Alliance.
    Some Alliance players got mad because they were hoping for an actual high elf allied race and just skins don't fulfill all they wished for.

Those Horde players need to admit that high elves are part of the Alliance, as they always were. You wasted 15 years denying the obvious.
    Those Alliance players need to learn to enjoy whatever win we get. Life isn't perfect, every little plus is a bonus. And we can still get some unique void elf customization ahead.

Both sides won, no one lost anything. You can play a blood elf with blue eyes. You can play a void elf that looks like a high elf. Most people are actually happy or don't care! Let's celebrate!
    Really nice post. As a Helfer supoorter I agree with you.

Both camps won. High elves coming to the Alliance is a big victory for us. We can play Gothic elves or noble elves with a single allied race. That's great.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Eh, yes? This:
    'I'm just saying you're being given the best you were ever going to get but all you do is label it basically a spit in the face because it's not 100% what you want.'

is just another way to say that I should be happy with what Blizzard has done.
    You can react to it however you want. I'm just saying what you sound like to me.

You can react to it however you want. I'm just saying what you sound like to me.
    Well, and I am just saying what your post implies. Take it as you will.
    Last edited by ddi2; 2020-05-30 at 04:46 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's kinda absurd how the discussion devolved into semantics.

Horde players were asking for blue eyes, they got it.
    Alliance players were asking for high elves, they got a way to look like high elves.

Some Horde players got mad because their request for blue eyes was solely to deny high elves to the Alliance.
    Some Alliance players got mad because they were hoping for an actual high elf allied race and just skins don't fulfill all they wished for.

Those Horde players need to admit that high elves are part of the Alliance, as they always were. You wasted 15 years denying the obvious.
    Those Alliance players need to learn to enjoy whatever win we get. Life isn't perfect, every little plus is a bonus. And we can still get some unique void elf customization ahead.

Both sides won, no one lost anything. You can play a blood elf with blue eyes. You can play a void elf that looks like a high elf. Most people are actually happy or don't care! Let's celebrate!
    This is 10000% truth.

Plus the way I see it is, if character customization keeps getting overhauled then maybe one day people will be able to pick diff racials or something for instance.

It's all about how Blizzard handles it going forward, but the biggest win is that Alliance High Elves actually happened!

Lazy edit here.

Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lazy edit here.

Just think away the void wings/effects. The starry effect on the knees, belt buckle, etc, could probably just be blue gems instead.
    Or make the Void Effect into Light blue wings or something

But yeah that kind of stuff could be cool!

Lazy edit here.

I am not a hardcore RP player. I am not going to pretend I play a High Elf when the game says I don't. The Blood Elf model was never why I wanted to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Or make the Void Effect into Light blue wings or something

But yeah that kind of stuff could be cool!
    This might be tangentially related, but personally speaking I hope they make the wings a cloak piece instead of attaching it to the chest.

5+ Year Old Account
    This might be tangentially related, but personally speaking I hope they make the wings a cloak piece instead of attaching it to the chest.
    Oh yeah I'd love that!

15+ Year Old Account
    That honestly made the most sense. But Blizz hasn't made the best choices when it's come to cosmetics on armor -- Black Temple Warlock Tier demon wings being associated with the helmet for some odd reason.

But now they're making cloak cosmetics that aren't cloaks, so maybe they'll retroactively change that.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That honestly made the most sense. But Blizz hasn't made the best choices when it's come to cosmetics on armor -- Black Temple Warlock Tier demon wings being associated with the helmet for some odd reason.

But now they're making cloak cosmetics that aren't cloaks, so maybe they'll retroactively change that.
    Blizzard also doesn't have the best history with 'retroactive', generally speaking.

But fingers crossed! I don't think that many people would miss the specific combination of the void wings plus that ugly cloak that is part of the actual set.

Yep, that would be a nice change. Love those wings and while there are some stuff that fits the chest, making it cloak would just make it easier to use.

The heritage cloak doesn't look good anyway. I don't think it fit that well with the set either.

- - - Updated - - -

that ugly cloak that is part of the actual set.
    Yep

/10wings