5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    You’re right I am upset. Also, that was a brief summation of what the races are getting.

I take this to mean that Blood Elves are getting new skins, and void elves are inheriting all of those.
    No one will know for sure until the actual options are available but I’m fairly certain the Void Elves will get all of them. Maybe I’m jumping the gun with my frustrations but I’ve been very against giving the opposite faction options that the other one has. I like the addition of Nightborne to the Horde but I don’t agree with it. If they’re doing this I don’t see why everyone can’t just play whatever race they want regardless of faction.
    Mhm, you have enough sense to post that yet are still attempting to be spiteful with your earlier comment on hoping this 'backfires' which btw it cannot, so hope you're ready for that reality.

Void Elves were the floor, and allowing High Elf options it can only go up higher (heh) from there

Whether that means more Void Elf specific customization or High Elf specific customization, all of it will be welcome and better than what options were available on Void Elves from the outset.

You haven't lost anything, you're even gaining some facial hair that Void Elves have.

To me it appears you don't understand the concept of sharing that Blizzard decided upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Mhm, you have enough sense to post that yet are still attempting to be spiteful with your earlier comment on hoping this 'backfires' which btw it cannot, so hope you're ready for that reality.

Void Elves were the floor, and allowing High Elf options it can only go up higher (heh) from there

Whether that means more Void Elf specific customization or High Elf specific customization, all of it will be welcome and better than what options were available on Void Elves from the outset.

You haven't lost anything, you're even gaining some facial hair that Void Elves have.

To be it appears you don't understand the concept of sharing.
    Well congratulations upon stealing our looks. I am glad you’re so happy with it, but can’t see why I’m upset about it.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm fairly certain Blizzard is on record as saying Kul Tirans are in fact the same race as Stormwind Humans. They just went with the large models for players because they thought they were interesting and offered a diverse option that differed from the Stormwind body-type.
    Yes they have, on a couple of occasions. That's not going to stop people from being upset their 2-3 years were wasted trying to deny High Elves and thus engaging in pedantry or coming off as spiteful.

Enjoying the new profile look btw

3+ Year Old Account
    We haven’t lost much yet but, the High Elf fans want the moon and the stars. That’s what I’m talking about. All of our skins are gone to Void Elf customizations, on top of their voidy looks, and there’s nothing new but body jewelry and eyes for the Blood Elves. Now you guys want Paladins, access to green and golden eyes, access to all hair styles and colors, and I’ve even seen people kicking around a war for Quel’thalas scenario where the Blood elves lose their home. This is what I’m talking about.
    Giving Blood Elves both dark ranger and san’layn options would appease me but I doubt that will happen.
    sigh, once again it's not pie you still have your rights
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well congratulations upon stealing our looks. I am glad you’re so happy with it, but can’t see why I’m upset about it.
    Oh I see why you're upset I just don't care. Your initial posts here on denying High Elves were in a similar fashion, thus no sympathy from me.

Besides, it's your own problem and no one else's if that's how you're choosing to be - no one's forcing you to be that way and everyone's responsible for their own emotions/attitudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I see why you're upset I just don't care. Your initial posts here on denying High Elves were in a similar fashion, thus no sympathy from me.

Besides, it's your own problem and no one else's if that's how you're choosing to be.
    Ok cool thanks for the talk. Have fun with your win
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Because I’m pointing out that there’s nothing unique left to the race I’ve played most of my gaming life of WoW, I’m the toxic one? I guess me wishing it backfires can be seen as such but it’s obvious that they’re trying to take everything and leave us with nothing.
    Nothing is being taken from you ffs...

You remind me of people who don't want gays to have access to marriage because they think it somehow affects them that 2 other people irrelevant to their lives choose to get married.

You are not affected by void elves having access to light skins smh. You playing a blood elf your entire life should not bar void elf players from having light skins, or bar high elves from being playable for that matter. You already got your version of horde purpleskinned night elves, and now on top of it you're getting another eye color a 2nd expansion in a row, one blood elves shouldn't even have.
    No matter how much you try to justify it, your view is just morally twisted and spiteful.
    Last edited by Grythletubs; 2020-06-01 at 08:55 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ok cool thanks for the talk. Have fun with your win
    Thank you I will

Got to love how Blood Elf fans think pink skin tones are part of their racial identity.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    ...nope we are not.

High elves are more then a look. They a culture etc.

This is just void elves looking like high elves or blood elves.

Or are we getting a high elf racial, mount, heritage armor, city/starting zone and high elf hero's......?!?
    What are you even talking about. Yes, they are more than just a look, and Ion recognised that in his interview. But said they wouldn't add them because of their looks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Got to love how Blood Elf fans think pink skin tones are part of their racial identity.
    To be fair, Ion did give em the ammunition to spite with that. But obviously if one so chooses they can help support wanting more options/sharing more options rather than trying to gatekeepy and selfish about it.

Like yeah Ion memed during that April Q&A, but it's always been a sensible notion that High Elves are requested because there are High Elves on the Alliance.

Yes they have, on a couple of occasions. That's not going to stop people from being upset their 2-3 years were wasted trying to deny High Elves and thus engaging in pedantry or coming off as spiteful.

Enjoying the new profile look btw
    Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting the actual options to hit the alpha and wowhead dressing room so I can start planning what I might look like when pre-patch hits. For now I can only use the Blood Elf options (which are out of date) and the one hairstyle thats virtually identical between Void and Blood Elves. Here's what I'm thinking of going for in more detail though!

I'll likely stick to one of Void Elf specific hairstyles though. I like several of them more than the one pictured. Like many, I am particularly fond of this style:
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 09:05 PM.

To be fair, Ion did give em the ammunition to spite with that. But obviously if one so chooses they can help support wanting more options/sharing more options rather than trying to gatekeepy and selfish about it.

Like yeah Ion memed during that April Q&A, but it's always been a sensible notion that High Elves are requested because there are High Elves on the Alliance.
    I was more referring to the fact that, you know, literally ever race that resembles a human has pink skin tones... it's not like blood elves should be entitled to look like fair-skinned individuals.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

3+ Year Old Account
    I wonder which war is more bloody? Considering that both is still kinda ongoing to the point of no ending

WoW fans vs. WC3 purists or pro-Helfers vs. anti-helfers
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting the actual options to hit the alpha and wowhead dressing room so I can start planning what I might look like when pre-patch hits. For now I can only use the Blood Elf options (which are out of date) and the one hairstyle thats virtually identical between Void and Blood Elves. Here's what I'm thinking of going for in more detail though!

I'll likely stick to one of Void Elf specific hairstyles though. I like several of them more than the one pictured. Like many I am particularly fond of this style:
    Ah yes, powerful and sexy fitting!

Also yeah female Void Elves have a lot of nice hairstyles, a pity that the males do not, or that too many of them look nice but are ruined by the tentacles. Hoping for more regular ones otherwise I'll just use the non-tentacly ones and call it a day!

- - - Updated - - -

I was more referring to the fact that, you know, literally ever race that resembles a human has pink skin tones... it's not like blood elves should be entitled to look like fair-skinned individuals.
    This is true, I was being pre-emptive in case I said this and someone piped in with 'BUT ION SAID 4 ELVES...." as in being the only fair skinned elf.

Oh man, it's fun reading the beginning of the thread sometimes while sipping coffee. I recall saying it never made sense that we have 3 purple elves in the game and only 1 pink skin elf, that can look extremely weird for Blizzard to withhold.

And now Blood Elves are no longer the only ones with human skin/pink skin tones. Feels good

I'm hopeful that the males get more styles and both sexes get non-tentacle versions of the tentacled hair styles. While I do like and use some of the tentacle styles, I'd like versions of them without so those who want to look more "High Elf" can still use them. Fortunately the Void Elf hair I mentioned is actually one that doesn't have tentacles so its good to go for everyone already.

It's already shown in the preview images that they will be re-doing the tentacled hair options to remove the tentacle bits.

It's already shown in the preview images that they will be re-doing the tentacled hair options to remove the tentacle bits.
    Actually that's not true. The images feature hair that either has no tentacles by default or the tentacles drape behind the back and are unseen. Observe:

Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-01 at 09:24 PM.

Actually that's not true. The images feature hair that either has no tentacles by default or the tentacles drape behind the back and are unseen. Observe:

I think it's just a visual bug or something. What's the point of removing the tentacle bits from the front to add tentacle bits at the back?

I think it's just a visual bug or something. What's the point of removing the tentacle bits from the front to add tentacle bits at the back?
    I think you misunderstood. Those hairstyles always had no tentacles or tentacles only in the back.