Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I was only talking about aesthetics. I think their lore is too undefined to even have a wishlist for improvements.
    Yeh, but considering they are all aesthetic and no lore, they kinda really need lore and background to further expand their aesthetics, cause again, their main problem is that they are all look and no substance. And that's what needs to be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    san'layn customization for void elves and blood elves if you join covenant venthyr? that sounds good
    Honestly I really hoped the expanded customization was related to covenant when SL was revealed, but right now I just don't think anything close to it will happen :/

kael has blue eyes
    Venthyr Kael'thas has red.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Venthyr Kael'thas has red.

that's the corrupt kael, we saved kael and he has blue eyes

Interesting find. I find it unlikely Kael will identify himself as high elf, since it was him who set up the path of sin'dorei.

Blue eyes could also mean death related powers. Death knights also have blue eyes...

And this is the one I'm talking about? So what's your point exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    And this is the one I'm talking about? So what's your point exactly?
    after we help kael free himself from corruption he has a new look with blue eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Interesting find. I find it unlikely Kael will identify himself as high elf, since it was him who set up the path of sin'dorei.

Blue eyes could also mean death related powers. Death knights also have blue eyes...
    he can simply have blue eyes indicating that they are his natural eye color without the influence of any kind of magic

he can simply have blue eyes indicating that they are his natural eye color without the influence of any kind of magic
    Yes, it is of course possible, but it's kind of hard to define what's natural eye color of an elf, since they always have their eyes affected by magic source they draw their power from. It's still beta, so it may not be even his final version, so let's wait.

My guess is that this color have something to do with death magic which is soaked all over shadowlands. Ysera also got new eyes in Ardenweald.

Either way, I don't think Kael's eye color will be of any importance for his future story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is of course possible, but it's kind of hard to define what's natural eye color of an elf, since they always have their eyes affected by magic source they draw their power from. It's still beta, so it may not be even his final version, so let's wait.

My guess is that this color have something to do with death magic which is soaked all over shadowlands. Ysera also got new eyes in Ardenweald.

Either way, I don't think Kael's eye color will be of any importance for his future story.
    I had the theory of blue being the natural color from quite some time, and the things that made me believe that are that when Blood elves were made playable, the high elves were added with blue eyes, and there was not a direct quote I were able to take from anywhere that said the blue color was there because of arcane magic, and in Vanilla/Classic, before the introduction of Blood elves, the eyes Thalassians had was normal human like eyes. On the other hand, we know very well from various sources that the green eyes were due to the effects of fel radiation, and the golden ones are there for light worshippers who draw the light from the Sunwell as some sort of belief system.

But I see a problem with Kael'thas' photo and is that he looks like an undead, or, by default, he has been changed, so... I would not take his appearance as some kind of reliable source of 'unbuilt' or 'deconstructed' Thalassian appearance or whatever is implied.

I just replied to FossilFree he said that red eye color meant something different from just kael's corruption at the beginning of his story in shadowlands, after we saved kael he stops having corrupt red eyes and has blue eyes

I just replied to FossilFree he said that red eye color meant something different from just kael's corruption at the beginning of his story in shadowlands, after we saved kael he stops having corrupt red eyes and has blue eyes
    Well, yes, your observations are pretty clear. I just wonder if that will have any meaning, but I doubt that.

I'm pretty curious on Kael's story, he was definitely one of my favorite characters and I was really disappointed in his development in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    ...and in Vanilla/Classic, before the introduction of Blood elves, the eyes Thalassians had was normal human like eyes. ...
    How have High Elf eyes ever been human-like? They do not have black pupils, either in Classic or now.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    How have High Elf eyes ever been human-like? They do not have black pupils, either in Classic or now.

10+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    kael has blue eyes
    San'layn Blue Eyes actually. In fact once you as a Blood Elf Die. You get Undead Eye Colors. Since Blue Eyes is coming. You can be a San'layn now.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Runicknight View Post
    San'layn Blue Eyes actually. In fact once you as a Blood Elf Die. You get Undead Eye Colors. Since Blue Eyes is coming. You can be a San'layn now.
    I remember that a blood prince explained to me that undeath worked differently between a DK and he

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bringing this up again because you and the original poster that I responded to never offered an answer. The elf in this picture does not have black pupils, and no high elf has ever had "humanlike eyes" with black pupils. They did not glow, but they are certainly not humanlike. If you'd like to see what I mean in case you didn't play during classic, this particular model appears at about 1:49 and again at 4:10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eI5l0nd38 (the video shows all high elven NPCs in classic).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Seems like they went for 'anime like' eyes.

That is, wherein the pupil portion is just a darkened color of the overall eye color.

I think what the others mean when they say 'human like' is that the eyes aren't like those of a Draenei/Blood Elf/Night Elf/Nightborne where you see no distinct areas for an iris and pupil - it's just one solid color.

Whether Classic demonstrated this well or not, at this point it doesn't really matter since the BFA Sylvanas flashback shows when High Elves were simply "High Elves" they had definitively human eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Seems like they went for 'anime like' eyes.

That is, wherein the pupil portion is just a darkened color of the overall eye color.

I think what the others mean when they say 'human like' is that the eyes aren't like those of a Draenei/Blood Elf/Night Elf/Nightborne where you see no distinct areas for an iris and pupil - it's just one solid color.

Whether Classic demonstrated this well or not, at this point it doesn't really matter since the BFA Sylvanas flashback shows when High Elves were simply "High Elves" they had definitively human eyes.
    Fair enough. If you watch the video, you can see that their eyes were not like anime eyes. There are no pupils at all, although there is an iris and a white sclera. Even the blue eyes of the newer high elf model does not have a black pupil, so I think the animated short was artistic choice and not necessarily because Classic was unable to show that they had eyes like humans with black pupils.

That's all for the moment...
    Hopefully the wait won't be too long for the new customization options for Allied Races.

I feel like the blood elves and the worgen are really the losers.

PTR up, so changed my Mage into this look! Shadowlands going to be niice.