Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not really; the basis of Undead Elf/Sanlayn customization for Blood Elves is that they are notorious groups in lore -the Dark Rangers and the San'layn- not simply a dead version of a given race; more so, Undead Elves should be far more represented in game given how many of them died during the Third War.

It's not that any race can or should have undead versions; is that Blood Elves, through Dark Rangers and San'layn are already firmly established as groups.

It's the same logic behind the High Elf request -groups explicitly existing already on the lore- It's not an "injustice" that other races don't have well established undead groups as these. Also you are assuming undead elves would use simply DK customization, and while I agree it would be easier, it's not a necessity and they might as well get their NPC skin made playable.
    Dark Ranger customization is no longer exclusive to Blood Elves since the Night Elves joined them at BFA.

The san'layn customization is that of the DKs.

I don't think Blizzard will bother making new skins, they didn't do it for the High Elves when it was a very popular request.

I'm all for Blizzard to add more Thalassian customization options to Blood Elves (so no undead stuff), they really need that.

I'm going to stop discussing this because we're here to talk about high elves.

The san'layn customization is that of the DKs.
    Actually it's not.

The NPC San'layn have a specific NPC only skin texture and the red eyes. Dark Ranger NPC's use the same skin and red eyes. These are not options that Blood Elf DK's have access to. It's also not the same color as any of the Blood Elf DK skins.

See for yourself:

Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-10-13 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Actually it's not.

The NPC San'layn have a specific NPC only skin texture and the red eyes. Dark Ranger NPC's use the same skin and red eyes. These are not options that Blood Elf DK's have access to. It's also not the same color as any of the Blood Elf DK skins.

See for yourself:

The photo of the NPC that I posted is a san'layn from the BFA alliance campaign, it's a copy / paste of the DK skin. The skin you are showing is only for Dark Rangers.

This is why making the DK skin available for all blood elf classes will not be possible, you have to be realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

San'layn WOTLK

- - - Updated - - -

San'layn BFA

wouldn't be the first time they retroactively updated npc models to match players.

Before dealing with the vampires, Blizzard should deal with the high elves ... who have not received a unique skin.

I'm just wondering, no hidden meaning behind this statement, but do you think High Elf players will be appeased if void elves get high elf eyes and blood elf hair colors as well as the blood elf skin colors they now currently have? (Or even just the hair colors at this point TBH)

I'm thinking they wouldn't be, even if the only difference was racials. I mean that's okay, but I personally think Blizzard is at least trying to find a middle ground which is admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm just wondering, no hidden meaning behind this statement, but do you think High Elf players will be appeased if void elves get high elf eyes and blood elf hair colors as well as the blood elf skin colors they now currently have? (Or even just the hair colors at this point TBH)

I'm thinking they wouldn't be, even if the only difference was racials. I mean that's okay, but I personally think Blizzard is at least trying to find a middle ground which is admirable.
    Being a void elf who keeps his high elf appearance (Alleria) will be enough for me.

At a minimum I would need new hairstyles with no tentacles, natural hair colors, an option to hide or show the tentacles.

A plus, if there are facial / body tattoos, ear size, eyebrow size, new jewelry for men and women.

It's not much in the end ... Blizzard can do it !

I would be really happy if all of this is added.

They should just add High Elf hair styles that are unique to Void Elves when they get around to updating the Allied Races. Among other things, like tattoos and jewelry that fits the Alliance High Elf aesthetic.

I think people are forgetting that Allied Races weren't part of the update plan for Shadowlands launch and the fact that Void Elves got High Elf skin color at all is just a nice extra. They have mentioned that customization updates to the Allied Races are in the pipeline so, I don't think it's necessary for them to piss any people off if they are planning on getting around to updating the Void Elves later anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They should just add High Elf hair styles that are unique to Void Elves when they get around to updating the Allied Races. Among other things, like tattoos and jewelry that fits the Alliance High Elf aesthetic.

I think people are forgetting that Allied Races weren't part of the update plan for Shadowlands launch and the fact that Void Elves got High Elf skin color at all is just a nice extra. They have mentioned that customization updates to the Allied Races are in the pipeline so, I don't think it's necessary for them to piss any people off if they are planning on getting around to updating the Void Elves later anyways.
    I think a great option is to have a button you can check off to make the hair have tentacles or look normal, for the hairstyles that apply. I've no issue with them adding more of course. And they need more beard options because... I mean, why not. My number one favorite thing about void elves TBH if that they can grow facial hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Being a void elf who keeps his high elf appearance (Alleria) will be enough for me.

At a minimum I would need new hairstyles with no tentacles, natural hair colors, an option to hide or show the tentacles.

A plus, if there are facial / body tattoos, ear size, eyebrow size, new jewelry for men and women.

It's not much in the end ... Blizzard can do it !

I would be really happy if all of this is added.
    I appreciate this by the way. Nice to see people who want to be a void elf rather than just being a high elf, but want the high elf aesthetics. I kind of like the void elf aesthetics but I really appreciate the option of appearing more normal, especially since there are so many high/blood elves learning from the void elves in their starter area. It's only logical that new members of the race would look more 'normal' than the older ones who were corrupted directly.

Once they add a few regular hair colors like black, white, brown, and blonde, I'll be content. I don't need Blood Elf hairstyles or even the same exact hair colors they have. Just so long as there's some shade of the above available I'll be able to have the options and flexibility I desire.

If I were to ask for anything else I'd ask for a toggle for the hair tentacles like the toggle Night Elves have for their hair vines. That way I can add tentacles to the hairstyles that don't have them or remove them from styles that do. This would open up many more options for me hairstyle-wise without Blizzard actually having to make any new hairstyles (though I wouldn't say no to new hairstyles or a few styles shared from other races).
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-10-13 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not really; the basis of Undead Elf/Sanlayn customization for Blood Elves is that they are notorious groups in lore -the Dark Rangers and the San'layn- not simply a dead version of a given race; more so, Undead Elves should be far more represented in game given how many of them died during the Third War.

It's not that any race can or should have undead versions; is that Blood Elves, through Dark Rangers and San'layn are already firmly established as groups.

It's the same logic behind the High Elf request -groups explicitly existing already on the lore- It's not an "injustice" that other races don't have well established undead groups as these. Also you are assuming undead elves would use simply DK customization, and while I agree it would be easier, it's not a necessity and they might as well get their NPC skin made playable.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not black hair, it's the darkest available grey VE's can get in game.

- - - Updated - - -

At most they could give forsaken the BE idel -like Orc posture- and ears and eyebrows, and it would work, but ultimately it would take far more effort than simply giving BE's undead skins.

So why are sand trolls starting on the Echo Isles, or Whildhammer on Dun'morogh? There's a simple notion of lore and gameplay segregation that really makes the issue moot; the fact that lorewise new recruits start on the new experience Island makes it even more so.
    Those are still dwarves and trolls and in the case of dwarves a wildhammer is a member of the council of the three hammers therefore it is not so rare to see wildhammer there.
    cannibal monsters are not blood elves they are something else and have their own kingdom. the blood elves do not have an undead theme that is forsaken.
    but once again this is the high elf thread not the undead thread, we should focus on high elves and not try to force blood elves to accept psychotic cannibals in their society.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Those are still dwarves and trolls and in the case of dwarves a wildhammer is a member of the council of the three hammers therefore it is not so rare to see wildhammer there.
    Yet they are their own separate groups with different origins, culture, beliefs, etc. Devs even said they hesitated to add them earlier because of the starting location and this now changes with Exile's Reach, which is now new canon start for all characters.

cannibal monsters are not blood elves they are something else and have their own kingdom. the blood elves do not have an undead theme that is forsaken.
    but once again this is the high elf thread not the undead thread, we should focus on high elves and not try to force blood elves to accept psychotic cannibals in their society.
    Disagree. The fact that they were high elves in life and obviously some of them still cling to their past lives and identify themselves with sin'dorei (as Dark Ranger Velonara), it still make them connected to high elves and I think it is natural they get discussed here, since this thread got evolved in time from Alliance high elves into larger High Elf thread, thus anything connected to high elves, void elves and blood elves is allowed to discuss here. You may deny it as you want, but it's still valid request and obviously people want to see it happen. Adding elf ear options to the Forsaken will not make these people sattisfied, in a similar way void elves did not made high elf crowd happy, since it was way too different from the fantasy they wanted.

The thing is, San'layn have great undeveloped potential for playable race. Sure, they'd need some additional lore to make them happen. In the best case scenario, they should get their own allied race, but I really doubt we will actually see new round of allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Before dealing with the vampires, Blizzard should deal with the high elves ... who have not received a unique skin.
    Well, quite opposite. San'layn are mostly requested by blood elf fans as way for sin'dorei to get more themes, because they feel they should have more since void elves now have void and high elf theme. Blood elves at the moment have only this "standard thalassian" theme, which you can just easily use to make decent high elf. You have the most needed things on blood elves - natural skin tones, natural hair colors, regular elf hairstyles. It's dark rangers/san'layn who has been requested for years and didn't get anything.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-10-14 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yet they are their own separate groups with different origins, culture, beliefs, etc. Devs even said they hesitated to add them earlier because of the starting location and this now changes with Exile's Reach, which is now new canon start for all characters.

Disagree. The fact that they were high elves in life and obviously some of them still cling to their past lives and identify themselves with sin'dorei (as Dark Ranger Velonara), it still make them connected to high elves and I think it is natural they get discussed here, since this thread got evolved in time from Alliance high elves into larger High Elf thread, thus anything connected to high elves, void elves and blood elves is allowed to discuss here. You may deny it as you want, but it's still valid request and obviously people want to see it happen. Adding elf ear options to the Forsaken will not make these people sattisfied, in a similar way void elves did not made high elf crowd happy, since it was way too different from the fantasy they wanted.

The thing is, San'layn have great undeveloped potential for playable race. Sure, they'd need some additional lore to make them happen. In the best case scenario, they should get their own allied race, but I really doubt we will actually see new round of allied races.

Well, quite opposite. San'layn are mostly requested by blood elf fans as way for sin'dorei to get more themes, because they feel they should have more since void elves now have void and high elf theme. Blood elves at the moment have only this "standard thalassian" theme, which you can just easily use to make decent high elf. You have the most needed things on blood elves - natural skin tones, natural hair colors, regular elf hairstyles. It's dark rangers/san'layn who has been requested for years and didn't get anything.
    I am going to repeat it again a wildhammer dwarf is a member of the council of the three hammers therefore it would be logical and normal that wildhammer dwarves lived together with bronzebeard dwarves.

no undead are part of the leadership of blood elf society. You're talking about an undead living with other undead in an undead society! the undead have their own society, their own kingdom and their own theme and all this is something different from the blood elves.

what I see in this thread is alliance players asking for cannibal monsters to join the blood elves. If you like undeads so much ask for them as void elf customization. I as a horde player and as a blood elf player don't think the undeads should be something related to us.

I am going to repeat it again a wildhammer dwarf is a member of the council of the three hammers therefore it would be logical and normal that wildhammer dwarves lived together with bronzebeard dwarves.

no undead are part of the leadership of blood elf society. You're talking about an undead living with other undead in an undead society! the undead have their own society, their own kingdom and their own theme and all this is something different from the blood elves.

what I see in this thread is alliance players asking for cannibal monsters to join the blood elves. If you like undeads so much ask for them as void elf customization. I as a horde player and as a blood elf player don't think the undeads should be something related to us.
    Council of Three Hammers was made to represent ALL dwarf nations, who started to work together under Alliance banner since cata. Falstad Wildhammer, who is Wildhammer representative in Ironforge, never lived there prior to his place in the council and no other Wildhammer did live there too. Dark Irons are also members of said council, yet they are separate allied race. Your argument is moot.

From all Undead beings, only those who came of elves retained some distinctive style and did not really just mixed up with the Scourge.

Also, if undead elves are so unimaginable fór blood elves, they should be for void elves as well, since they are former blood elves. This request goes from the people who would like to play them and they want to play them on the Horde, which is the faction who happily works with cannibalistic monsters, as you put it, for years.

Council of Three Hammers was made to represent ALL dwarf nations, who started to work together under Alliance banner since cata. Falstad Wildhammer, who is Wildhammer representative in Ironforge, never lived there prior to his place in the council and no other Wildhammer did live there too. Dark Irons are also members of said council, yet they are separate allied race. Your argument is moot.

From all Undead beings, only those who came of elves retained some distinctive style and did not really just mixed up with the Scourge.

Also, if undead elves are so unimaginable fór blood elves, they should be for void elves as well, since they are former blood elves. This request goes from the people who would like to play them and they want to play them on the Horde, which is the faction who happily works with cannibalistic monsters, as you put it, for years.
    we currently see a wildhammer dwarf as a member of the council of the three hammers right? So it should be normal that today and for some years more wildhammer dwarfs lived in ironforged, don't you think?

now you see some undead being a leader in silvermoon? not. All those undeads are part of the forsaken society and that is their place, and there is a difference between allies and being part of the same society.

and lorthemar in the siege of orgrimmar opposed raising blood elves as undead.

and once again I'm not seeing in this thread any player from the horde asking for undeads I see players from the alliance

3+ Year Old Account
    bottom point is that Dark Rangers and San'layn are closer to Forsaken now than Thalassian proper
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

we currently see a wildhammer dwarf as a member of the council of the three hammers right? So it should be normal that today and for some years more wildhammer dwarfs lived in ironforged, don't you think?

now you see some undead being a leader in silvermoon? not. All those undeads are part of the forsaken society and that is their place, and there is a difference between allies and being part of the same society.

and lorthemar in the siege of orgrimmar opposed raising blood elves as undead.

and once again I'm not seeing in this thread any player from the horde asking for undeads I see players from the alliance
    Some Wildhammers may live in Khaz Modan, but they were not born or raised here. Their homeland are Hinterlands and Twilight Highlands and their presence in Ironforge is only due to Wildhammers deciding to have their representation there.

What you completely miss or just deny is that all these new customizations are here mostly for player RP options. Devs already made it clear they want to allow players to fullfil more of their fantasies, thus unlocking these customizations as sand trolls, wildhammers or high elves, but none of these need to have lore strach to them. That means, sand trolls most likely did not join the Horde officialy, but you can create your troll to be one and create his own backstory.

Adding Undead customization to blood elves does not need to mean blood elves will now hug all undead. It just mean you will have the option to play an elf which was raised as and still feel loyal to his country and his people and want to serve them. It is you who make story of your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    bottom point is that Dark Rangers and San'layn are closer to Forsaken now than Thalassian proper
    Yes, I agree on that. The thing is that Blizz usually goes the road of least effort, so in that case, using undead skins on blood elves is the most easy way they can go. Blood elves and Forsaken are both Horde, so it actually does not matter that much, since they would stay in the same faction, but looking at gameplay, it's just way more easy to implement them as blood elf customization. Lorewise, they could be their own thing, not necesserily connected to Silvermoon, like Wildhammers or Sand trolls will be now.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-10-14 at 08:33 AM.

I find it telling that Koltira himself was in the ranks of the forsaken rather than welcomed back into the blood elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I find it telling that Koltira himself was in the ranks of the forsaken rather than welcomed back into the blood elves.
    That point is mood as all player death knights are still labelled as their original races, not forsaken - so San'layn should be Blood Elves customizations.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That point is mood as all player death knights are still labelled as their original races, not forsaken - so San'layn should be Blood Elves customizations.
    because the undeads have their own society which is different from the elven society of quelthalas.

also the light of the sunwell should damage the undeads preventing them from living in quelthalas, giving undead customization to the blood elves is a bad decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Some Wildhammers may live in Khaz Modan, but they were not born or raised here. Their homeland are Hinterlands and Twilight Highlands and their presence in Ironforge is only due to Wildhammers deciding to have their representation there.

What you completely miss or just deny is that all these new customizations are here mostly for player RP options. Devs already made it clear they want to allow players to fullfil more of their fantasies, thus unlocking these customizations as sand trolls, wildhammers or high elves, but none of these need to have lore strach to them. That means, sand trolls most likely did not join the Horde officialy, but you can create your troll to be one and create his own backstory.

Adding Undead customization to blood elves does not need to mean blood elves will now hug all undead. It just mean you will have the option to play an elf which was raised as and still feel loyal to his country and his people and want to serve them. It is you who make story of your character.

Yes, I agree on that. The thing is that Blizz usually goes the road of least effort, so in that case, using undead skins on blood elves is the most easy way they can go. Blood elves and Forsaken are both Horde, so it actually does not matter that much, since they would stay in the same faction, but looking at gameplay, it's just way more easy to implement them as blood elf customization. Lorewise, they could be their own thing, not necesserily connected to Silvermoon, like Wildhammers or Sand trolls will be now.
    ok if lore doesn't matter for those customizations then blizz could add those customizations to void elves right? If you want undeads options so much ask for them for the void elves.