They really need to add either more normal-looking hair options or remove the tentacles from the hairstyles that have them, it's pointless to add normal-looking skin tones if the majority of their hair styles have tentacles. What an half-assed development, I'd prefer if they delayed the pink skin tone until the next expansion if that would mean that the Void elves got the same amount of love the core races got.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They really need to add either more normal-looking hair options or remove the tentacles from the hairstyles that have them, it's pointless to add normal-looking skin tones if the majority of their hair styles have tentacles. What an half-assed development, I'd prefer if they delayed the pink skin tone until the next expansion if that would mean that the Void elves got the same amount of love the core races got.
    100% agree. This class has always seemed a bit "meh" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    unfortunately I do not have the same skill as the CSW guys like Triceron, etc. Best I can do in Reforged custom models are literally just attaching/detaching body parts like Lego

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;lLeDJosjMVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeDJosjMVE[/ideo]

Check this out!

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...tanist.332621/
    Neat! I'd play those!

Given that VE's were just given reskins with BE assets, it's kinda self evident to see it was was an efficient move done to apease both sides, for the time being.

I don't know where you get the idea that reskins now in SL mean VE's won't get any new options when AR *should*, specially when there's not anything close to an ETA on those. Like are you really putting potential options over the tangible ones that we actually got for now?

There's literally a saying about that: "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" And it really comes across that your fear that VE won't get anything else -which we can all agree would be a dick move by Blizz- is overriding, well, simple logic.

Like you say you don't care about High Elves, yet you are acting on the same way many of our worst parts did, dismissing any advancement that wasn't 100% what they wanted.

Whenever Allied Races get updated/revised, then it will be the time to make sure VE's aren't left behind under the excuse of being given a bunch of reused assets, right now you are just yelling into the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Love love love the artwork. Wish there were in-game representation of these stories surrounding Vereesa. Interesting how she's portrayed more deeply outside of the game.
    Honestly it's just fun to me at this point that there's always Vereesa content each expansion for a character that's so out of focus from the main storyline. Love to see her pop up anywhere really, but yeah, I do wish she was more relevant when it came to the game narrative itself.

Still hoping for that Alliance Thalassian Unification under the Windrunners.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by KFPE View Post
    100% agree. This class has always seemed a bit "meh" to me.
    "Race" you mean? Anyway the race is not "meh" at all, regardless what Blizzard did to them in Shadowlands is lazy. I had hoped they would receive more options in a future patch, but Blizzard said they are not interested in adding additional customization options, hopefully they'll change their mind come 10.0.

"Race" you mean? Anyway the race is not "meh" at all, regardless what Blizzard did to them in Shadowlands is lazy. I had hoped they would receive more options in a future patch, but Blizzard said they are not interested in adding additional customization options, hopefully they'll change their mind come 10.0.
    Sorry, yes - the race is "meh" in my eyes.
    And completely agree, they could (and should) have done a lot better than what they did.
    Best forum for learning: MMO Champion.
    My banker toon: Samlino (From the Danish work "Saml ind", equals collecting)

Sweet! The moment reforged is on sale I'm gonna download all of this HE stuff. Have you considered doing a version where the non player color armor is grey/metal looking?

3+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-05-20 at 04:30 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Next customization pass probably won't come before 14.0 if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Next customization pass probably won't come before 14.0 if ever.
    What ever makes you think that? In all likelihood, we'll see another batch of customization in 10.0. Blizzard recognized that it was popular, and they seem to want to capitalize on it as a selling point for new expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    What ever makes you think that? In all likelihood, we'll see another batch of customization in 10.0. Blizzard recognized that it was popular, and they seem to want to capitalize on it as a selling point for new expansions.
    I am sure they have 15 years worth of data that shows them players' race changing habits and behaviors. Like all 'microtranscations' it's just a very small like 5% proportion of players (whales) that do 99% of the spending and I am positive that it's true for WoW too.

What is important for new racial customization options is that they trigger the race-change-paying whales to pay to play as characters with new options. It can't happen too soon, or the whales won't spend, so there's going to be a necessary cooling period between customization updates, but I'm also positive there will always be future customization updates no matter how many they add. There is a lot of money to be made and this game is a business.

My guess is that they'll alternate between adding new races and updating existing ones, that would keep the race change money flowing year over year. Since we most recently had an update to the core races my bet is that they'll next add the Covenant Allied Races in 10.x and then pre-Shadowlands allied race customization updates after that.

They could also add certain customization packages to the cash shop. Like a bundle of hairstyles for example. That's another way to monetize customization. FFXIV does this and it seems to be a successful strategy.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-05-20 at 03:47 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Sweet! The moment reforged is on sale I'm gonna download all of this HE stuff. Have you considered doing a version where the non player color armor is grey/metal looking?
    disregard my previous post, I misread; you mean like Silver Covenant colors?

Just the past data that shows how little work Blizzard is willing to put on player characters.

Just the past data that shows how little work Blizzard is willing to put on player characters.
    I still believe we'll see some amount of new customization added in 10.0 and beyond. The demand is there and Blizzard knows it. As to how much of it we'll get, I can't really say.

You know it would be pretty funny if Blizzard added all these new customization options to gnomes and pandaren which, frankly, are barely played at all, but then wouldn't be willing to invest a lot in Void elves, who are amongst the most played Alliance races (despite being one of the most recent as well as an exclusive allied race). Blizzard has their priorities backwards.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I am sure they have 15 years worth of data that shows them players' race changing habits and behaviors. Like all 'microtranscations' it's just a very small like 5% proportion of players (whales) that do 99% of the spending and I am positive that it's true for WoW too.

What is important for new racial customization options is that they trigger the race-change-paying whales to pay to play as characters with new options. It can't happen too soon, or the whales won't spend, so there's going to be a necessary cooling period between customization updates, but I'm also positive there will always be future customization updates no matter how many they add. There is a lot of money to be made and this game is a business.

My guess is that they'll alternate between adding new races and updating existing ones, that would keep the race change money flowing year over year. Since we most recently had an update to the core races my bet is that they'll next add the Covenant Allied Races in 10.x and then pre-Shadowlands allied race customization updates after that.
    A bit wrong there, in that Blizzard admitted they were practically floored by the adoration the playerbase had when Allied Races came out and then even more so when they announced extra customizations to races.

They're a big ass company and most likely have a very bureaucratic pipeline for getting information from the community to the main design heads, which is why you often see players complaining about 'why does it take Blizzard so long to make improvements when it's so obvious' sentiments.

They've already stated that they're holding off on adding more race customizations in Shadowlands where previously they said there would be more additions coming. That means they understand extra race customizations as a powerful expansion selling point (like Kyriani said), not merely to hardcore focus on getting race-changes to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think this

We tried to be really thoughtful about this, this type of thing, and these types of features tend to be fairly big projects. We want to make sure that we put the time in, that we're very thoughtful about it, and that we release new customizations when its gonna be really good for the game...
    means "let's wait 5 more expansions?" because it sounds more like they understand the heft customizations have as expansion level enticements.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/wow-q-a...owlands-321053

Especially considering before Shadowlands released they stated that AR would get customizations later on in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    disregard my previous post, I misread; you mean like Silver Covenant colors?
    No, just like regular grey/metal looking; colorless, of you will; for example, in your latest edits you are changing the red of the BE skins for like a dark teal, have you considered using a "neutral" color?

Overall that's one thing I don't love about the reforged textures; lot's of colored parts that clash with certain team colors.

- - - Updated - - -

I still believe we'll see some amount of new customization added in 10.0 and beyond. The demand is there and Blizzard knows it. As to how much of it we'll get, I can't really say.
    I mean, without coming off as a supporter of microtransactions, Blizz could monetize the hell out of customization if they put effort on it lol, they would make bank.

Like even "non natural hair color dyes" that allowed to buy new hair colors would sell like hot cakes.

But yeah, given the backlash against the lack of customization beyond launch, I do think it's highly likely Blizz will address it once again on 10.0, much like Allied Races were both in 7.0 and 8.0

Blizzard often says no to things and then turns around and does them anyways. I think the "no" is just a distraction so they can surprise everyone later on and say "see, we listened!"