Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I'll forever hate that ask cdev answer though given how much Blizz retcons and how that answer came from 2 people not even at Blizz anymore over a decade ago I'll just pretend like it doesn't exist still.
    Why, though? It's completely logical. It's a magical curse, not a genetic deficiency. So it makes sense that it doesn't pass onto the off-spring. That's the equivalent of saying that if you get a tattoo, your child should be born with a tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    JFC, because whatever backstory you give your character is whatever you want!

It's like you are the kind of person that says "sorry your void elf can't have long hair because it's not a player customization option"

Do you understand that the player models are simply a set of customizations that you can make mean whatever you want? Or is your understanding of immersion that limited?

High Elves have been a part of the alliance since the beginning, they keep showing up. Using the VE model to portray that is just, being creative lol.
    To you creative RP'ers maybe. To me, I'm just a velf that was outcast from silvermoon and my story is based on w/e I do in game after that. I'm not big on creating some big origin story that is completely different from how your toon actually starts.

All the power to you if you play like that. But I go off of the description from the character creation screen. Not some head cannon.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-17 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why, though? It's completely logical. It's a magical curse, not a genetic deficiency. So it makes sense that it doesn't pass onto the off-spring. That's the equivalent of saying that if you get a tattoo, your child should be born with a tattoo.
    I mean I don't think it's fair to consider a tattoo the equivalent of turning into a completely different form that you only can leave with special treatment and it's not like Blizz really put that much thought into this 'curse' that acts more like a magical virus that, in my eyes, would impact the subjects DNA. Even then the curse wording for the condition is just what some of those infected with it or those fighting against them called the infection so it's not the same as say 'curse of affliction' (and calling it a curse anymore is silly since there are zero drawbacks whatsoever to being a worgen once the treatment to keep control is found). In the end though it doesn't matter since it's not something that'll ever be relevant.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2021-06-17 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And I mean there's also the possibility that the curse IS passed down, but as curses are wont to do, it doesn't kick until the subject is on their teenage years.

But yeah, saying that "it doesn't pass onto the children is the best way of sidestepping the moral issue of baby werewolves and how to deal with them, so it's not like a bad lore choice.

And I mean there's also the possibility that the curse IS passed down, but as curses are wont to do, it doesn't kick until the subject is on their teenage years.

But yeah, saying that "it doesn't pass onto the children is the best way of sidestepping the moral issue of baby werewolves and how to deal with them, so it's not like a bad lore choice.
    Yea it was definitely something they made up just for the sake of how to deal with children werewolves.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

do you remember these guys in quelthalas? I can safely say that my high elf is one of them because they came back
    we really need something to reflect this, like a quest for Allerians to return to Silvermoon and swear allegiance to Lo'themar, and some Dalarani High Elves as well
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    we really need something to reflect this, like a quest for Allerians to return to Silvermoon and swear allegiance to Lo'themar, and some Dalarani High Elves as well
    It would be great to see some npcs on silvermoon there is an allerian elf who really wanted to go back to silvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    To you creative RP'ers maybe. To me, I'm just a velf that was outcast from silvermoon and my story is based on w/e I do in game after that. I'm not big on creating some big origin story that is completely different from how your toon actually starts.

All the power to you if you play like that. But I go off of the description from the character creation screen. Not some head cannon.
    Then it's super duper good that no one is forcing you to make a High Elf then!

Come on, just let other people be and visualize their characters as they want, it literally is not up to you, at all, how other people look at their own characters, FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    There are so many of these little threads that could be addressed to add more depth.

Did the Allerian elves remained as part of the alliance? did some return for good to Quel'thalas? Is just Sunchaser there on a diplomatic role, or is there like a group of HE's that resettled there and not just pilgrims? Or did the allerian elves return to Azeroth and joined with the Silver Covenant?

So many little threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it was definitely something they made up just for the sake of how to deal with children werewolves.
    Yeah, I do think so, and again, I don't see it as a bad choice by any means, considering it's a blood curse that can be easily transmitted to humans

- - - Updated - - -

It would be great to see some npcs on silvermoon there is an allerian elf who really wanted to go back to silvermoon
    That's why a world revamp would be so cool, because we could really get more depth how the races have evolved and interact with other groups.

It's kind of a bummer we didn't get any new flavor NPC's with the new customizations; like how cool would have been to see a Wildhammer Dwarf walking around Ironforge with their Gryphon?

It really comes across as them not wanting to reflect these new customizations on the lore at all, and that's a shame. It would have been so easy to add a BE NPC with blue eyes saying he just rejoined his people, coming from outland, or a more in depth explanation of VE's even being able to recruit new members.

Adding little bits of flavor text would have been SO easy; if there's not a revamp on the way, it really just is a missed opportunity.

Come on, just let other people be and visualize their characters as they want, it literally is not up to you, at all, how other people look at their own characters, FFS.

That's fine I just don't appreciate people spreading fake news to those who aren't as knowledgeable in warcraft lore and claiming that they can make an actual high elf outside of personal head cannon RP.

That's why I asked you about introducing wow to a newbie.

I mean I don't think it's fair to consider a tattoo the equivalent of turning into a completely different form that you only can leave with special treatment and it's not like Blizz really put that much thought into this 'curse' that acts more like a magical virus that, in my eyes, would impact the subjects DNA. Even then the curse wording for the condition is just what some of those infected with it or those fighting against them called the infection so it's not the same as say 'curse of affliction' (and calling it a curse anymore is silly since there are zero drawbacks whatsoever to being a worgen once the treatment to keep control is found). In the end though it doesn't matter since it's not something that'll ever be relevant.
    Except it doesn't impact the user's DNA, as evidenced by the fact that the child of two worgen is a normal human. And "magical enchantments" don't usually pass from parent to child, as far as I know.

As for your claim of "they did this just to avoid dealing with worgen children", I don't see why would this be the case. Seems like more "confirmation bias" at best, baseless assertion at worst.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's fine I just don't appreciate people spreading fake news to those who aren't as knowledgeable in warcraft lore and claiming that they can make an actual high elf outside of personal head cannon RP.

You might wanna say this then to those RPers in game who are apparently 'fake news' ing their characters. Not sure what you're trying to achieve on a hardcore player forum where newbies 99.99% most likely don't know exist.

- - - Updated - - -

There are so many of these little threads that could be addressed to add more depth.

Did the Allerian elves remained as part of the alliance? did some return for good to Quel'thalas? Is just Sunchaser there on a diplomatic role, or is there like a group of HE's that resettled there and not just pilgrims? Or did the allerian elves return to Azeroth and joined with the Silver Covenant?

So many little threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I do think so, and again, I don't see it as a bad choice by any means, considering it's a blood curse that can be easily transmitted to humans

- - - Updated - - -

That's why a world revamp would be so cool, because we could really get more depth how the races have evolved and interact with other groups.

It's kind of a bummer we didn't get any new flavor NPC's with the new customizations; like how cool would have been to see a Wildhammer Dwarf walking around Ironforge with their Gryphon?

It really comes across as them not wanting to reflect these new customizations on the lore at all, and that's a shame. It would have been so easy to add a BE NPC with blue eyes saying he just rejoined his people, coming from outland, or a more in depth explanation of VE's even being able to recruit new members.

Adding little bits of flavor text would have been SO easy; if there's not a revamp on the way, it really just is a missed opportunity.
    It would be great to see a renovation but I doubt it the initial areas are doomed with the new area of the island. at least I would like to see npcs in the capitals! sandfury in echo islands

5+ Year Old Account
    In the end though it doesn't matter since it's not something that'll ever be relevant.
    It's probably why they gave the answer they did.

That's just such a BS concern tho; what does a newbie even care about what a High Elf even is?? If someone is thoroughly unfamiliar with the Warcraft Lore, they will just make the character they think it's the coolest, and whenever theycome across alliance high elves and unlock VE's, then they might have questions about it.

Like come on, this whole thread is about the minutiae of the lore, your whole concern about newbies getting "fake news" is so disingenuous.

"You can basically look like a high elf" only means something to the people that a) know what a high elf is on the lore, b) care about it and c) understand the limitations of the gameplay regarding immersion. So spare us the outrage.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be great to see a renovation but I doubt it the initial areas are doomed with the new area of the island. at least I would like to see npcs in the capitals! sandfury in echo islands
    Yeah, it doesn't have to bee a comprehensive revamp really -tho I would like it- We already see Nightborne NPC's in Silvermoon; updating flavor NPC's on the major cities would kinda be enough to represent changes on the world, just like it was done with Allied Races proper, I just wish the same level of care had been considered for the new customization options and what they might mean for the lore, instead of just adding them to the game without any lore context.

That's just such a BS concern tho; what does a newbie even care about what a High Elf even is?? If someone is thoroughly unfamiliar with the Warcraft Lore, they will just make the character they think it's the coolest, and whenever theycome across alliance high elves and unlock VE's, then they might have questions about it.

Like come on, this whole thread is about the minutiae of the lore, your whole concern about newbies getting "fake news" is so disingenuous.

"You can basically look like a high elf" only means something to the people that a) know what a high elf is on the lore, b) care about it and c) understand the limitations of the gameplay regarding immersion. So spare us the outrage.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it doesn't have to bee a comprehensive revamp really -tho I would like it- We already see Nightborne NPC's in Silvermoon; updating flavor NPC's on the major cities would kinda be enough to represent changes on the world, just like it was done with Allied Races proper, I just wish the same level of care had been considered for the new customization options and what they might mean for the lore, instead of just adding them to the game without any lore context.
    blizz is very vague. I do not ask much to see npcs in the capitals I do not think it costs a whole raid, but what can be expected of those who leave us more than 200 days without content

10+ Year Old Account

do you remember these guys in quelthalas? I can safely say that my high elf is one of them because they came back
    Hahaha

No.

Some came back, yes.

Alleria came back from example, even as a member of the Alliance. She was only exiled because of her voidy powers.
    Auric came back as neutral. He doesn't support the Horde. He just support his homeland, just as Alleria and Vereesa do.

Stop seeing him as a Horde member because he really isn't.

Baine was seen in Stormwind with the Alliance flag once. That doesn't mean he's Alliance.

Silvermoon appears more and more as a neutral city friendly toward the Horde and neutral toward the Alliance. And with a continent fully dominated by Alliance cities (Stormwind, Ironforge, Aerie peak, Stromgarde, Kul'Tiras standing just on the left side and Gilneas) ofc the blood elves will not hold Silvermoon for a long time. So wether it is with cultural links or by war methods, Silvermoon will remain somewhat neutral as it is now.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Hahaha

No.

Some came back, yes.

Alleria came back from example, even as a member of the Alliance. She was only exiled because of her voidy powers.
    Auric came back as neutral. He doesn't support the Horde. He just support his homeland, just as Alleria and Vereesa do.

Stop seeing him as a Horde member because he really isn't.

Baine was seen in Stormwind with the Alliance flag once. That doesn't mean he's Alliance.

Silvermoon appears more and more as a neutral city friendly toward the Horde and neutral toward the Alliance. And with a continent fully dominated by Alliance cities (Stormwind, Ironforge, Aerie peak, Stromgarde, Kul'Tiras standing just on the left side and Gilneas) ofc the blood elves will not hold Silvermoon for a long time. So wether it is with cultural links or by war methods, Silvermoon will remain somewhat neutral as it is now.
    Sunwell Honor Guard says: Can that really be Quel'Delar?
    Lor'themar Theron says: We shall see.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Look at it, Lor'themar. It is certainly Quel'Delar.
    Lor'themar Theron says: It is indeed Quel'Delar. I had not thought I'd live to see the day when Thalorien Dawnseeker's legendary sword would be restored to us.
    Lor'themar Theron says: You are a hero and an inspiration to the sin'dorei, <name>, a symbol of our endurance in the face of tragedy and treachery.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: The regent speaks truly, <name>. Thalorien's sacrifice could not prevent the fall of this very Sunwell.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: When you found the sword, it was broken and abandoned, much like Silvermoon after Kael'thas's betrayal.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Let Quel'Delar be a sign that we will never give up, that we will face any enemy without fear.
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: Quel'Delar is not held in high esteem by the sin'dorei alone. It holds a place in the heart of all children of Silvermoon.
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: This blade has been returned to us for a reason, my lords. Now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of Silvermoon and the Sunwell.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Reclaim the sword, <name>, and bear it through the portal to Dalaran. Archmage Aethas Sunreaver will be waiting to congratulate you.

silvermoon is a capital of a playable race of the horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell Honor Guard says: Can that really be Quel'Delar?
    Lor'themar Theron says: We shall see.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Look at it, Lor'themar. It is certainly Quel'Delar.
    Lor'themar Theron says: It is indeed Quel'Delar. I had not thought I'd live to see the day when Thalorien Dawnseeker's legendary sword would be restored to us.
    Lor'themar Theron says: You are a hero and an inspiration to the sin'dorei, <name>, a symbol of our endurance in the face of tragedy and treachery.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: The regent speaks truly, <name>. Thalorien's sacrifice could not prevent the fall of this very Sunwell.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: When you found the sword, it was broken and abandoned, much like Silvermoon after Kael'thas's betrayal.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Let Quel'Delar be a sign that we will never give up, that we will face any enemy without fear.
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: Quel'Delar is not held in high esteem by the sin'dorei alone. It holds a place in the heart of all children of Silvermoon.
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: This blade has been returned to us for a reason, my lords. Now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of Silvermoon and the Sunwell.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Reclaim the sword, <name>, and bear it through the portal to Dalaran. Archmage Aethas Sunreaver will be waiting to congratulate you.

silvermoon is a capital of a playable race of the horde

Yeah and ?

Lor'Themar (a Horde leader) describes Alleria (an Alliance leader) as a daughter of Quel'Thalas whereas Quel'Thalas is Horde.
    Vereesa travels to the Ghostlands, invited by Halduron, yet she's Alliance.

Your quotes are pointless, really.

See : https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cap...uric_Sunchaser

Oh surprise ? He's Alliance.

So according to you Baine is Alliance since you know .. He's in an Alliance capital... Interesting.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2021-06-17 at 02:48 PM.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

has this devolved back into Alliance needs to take horde things?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    has this devolved back into Alliance needs to take horde things?
    Na, the new current: everything is actually Alliance.