Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    The first one is just a Blood elf with a banner of the Alliance. Super boring. Where is the identity of being a "Void elf". Or where is the identity of being a "High Elf" if you are choosing those colors.
    The second one at least have purple eyes, but blonde hair....is just a Blood elf.
    Can you please explain what would you expect from high elves? This is definitely something high elves could look like. At least, they don't have blood elf hairstyles to begin with.

If you want High elves, at least ask for styles, like the original OP of this thread mentioned, that would really make a nice looking "High elf" + being a new race called "High elf".

Why not instead of proposing "blonde/blue eyes", why not "Black hair color, really back + neon purple/blue/black eyes"?

- - - Updated - - -

Why not these ideas, for Void elves:

Or at least Dark Elves maybe?

The idea, is that Void elves doesnt turn into "Alliance Blood elves". That sucks a lot and is lazy af.

This was super original at the moment:
    Well, if you took the effort and actually went through people actually suggest here, they want the darker style for void elves too. Pitch black and pure white are indeed among most requested colors for void elves atm and to be honest, it's a shame Blizzard did not included these two from the start.

As for void elf uniqueness, I can certainly live even without blonde hairs as long as I get something like astral elf style (this is concept of Startouched Elf from Dragon Prince series).

As for blonde void elf request - I see no harm in that. It does not go against the Lore, since Alleria herself is a blonde void elf. Some people care about this appearance, some don't. It's always good to have a choice.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-07-05 at 12:07 PM.

Blizz is not doing anything for the Alliance, it is even spreading to Classic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    1 - [B]
    - - - Updated - - -

----------------------
    In ElderScrolls online:

The very idea of the fans twisting the Dunmer to have the same skin colors as an Altmer, would be as horrible as turning the Orcs pink just for the players demands.

That is why Shadowlands reflect poor choices in the gameplay (Because, Blizzard trusted the players demands), while at the same time, broke the identity of the game and the races just for being....lazy.
    "High Elves" should have been an entire new race for the Alliance. + the Void elves we already have as a "Dark Elf" version, while the "High elves" as described by the OP of this thread as "Forest" elves with nice tattoos and hairstyles. But i guess people like lazy solutions, that is beyond me to understand...

Chimer are Altmer skinned Dunmer, the original ones in fact. There are players in ESO who want a skin like this to roleplay a Chimer or a half-Altmer.
    People always ask for stuff.

But yes, High elves should have been a separate thing I agree.
    But since it isn't happening, fixing Void elves to take over the High elf role is what people are going for rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, little speculation incoming:

- Pandaria was part of ancient Kalimdor landmass, which was ruled mostly by elves. "Natural" phoenixes, meaning the birds without any magical/elemental powers could be encountered by the ancient elves. They are majestic creatures with vibrant plumes, so they might catch their attention.
    - After Sundering, ancient continent was shattered and so the phoenixes remained on the landmass later known as Pandaria. It might become a myth for elves, or maybe a remained of ages past, long lost.
    - The symbol of high elves appeared to be phoenix even before Scourging of Quel'thalas (seen in WC3 reforged), but some groups also use a crest with unicorn (a wildrunner). Wildrunners were numerous around Well of Eternity and possibly were used by Highborne. We don't see them in present Quel'thalas at any place, so they might very well be another "mythical" animal which found its way to thalassian symbolism and iconography. That theme was abandoned by blood elves though, replacing this symbol with pheonix for good to symbolize their rebirth. On the other hand, SC elves do use horned horses during WotLK, so they had to get them somewhere.
    - Blood elves began to delve into fire magic, reached out Firelands from which they were able to summon elemental phoenixes. They rediscover old iconography and add more depth to it through the phoenix power of rebirth.

So yes, phoenixes are indeed very thalassian. This color variantion definitely feels very Quel/Ren'dorei, making it fine pick for flying mount for high elf roleplayers and even void elf "patriots". I wonder if we get gold/red fiery version of this mount, which is very likely if we get content tied to it. Now I wonder if this is foreshadowing or not. I believe we got that ardenweald dragon as a 6month subscription, right? Also vulpine familiar... We can't say there is not a trend in what kind of mounts we get.
    There seems there's already a red/orange version on the files! So yeah, I do think we are on a Vulpine Familiar type of deal.

As for the Wildrunners specifically, I think the Quel'dorei Steeds are meant to be that link. Their description "Comes from a lineage of fine horses that once grazed near the shores of the Well of Eternity" makes the connection apparent, so it seems that Wildrunners were present in Quel'thalas, but probably only domesticated, and exist exclusively as mounts related to groups that still keep them, like the Quel'dorei Steed, and the Thalassian Charger (if the horn isn't just decorative).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, little speculation incoming:

- Pandaria was part of ancient Kalimdor landmass, which was ruled mostly by elves. "Natural" phoenixes, meaning the birds without any magical/elemental powers could be encountered by the ancient elves. They are majestic creatures with vibrant plumes, so they might catch their attention.
    - After Sundering, ancient continent was shattered and so the phoenixes remained on the landmass later known as Pandaria. It might become a myth for elves, or maybe a remained of ages past, long lost.
    - The symbol of high elves appeared to be phoenix even before Scourging of Quel'thalas (seen in WC3 reforged), but some groups also use a crest with unicorn (a wildrunner). Wildrunners were numerous around Well of Eternity and possibly were used by Highborne. We don't see them in present Quel'thalas at any place, so they might very well be another "mythical" animal which found its way to thalassian symbolism and iconography. That theme was abandoned by blood elves though, replacing this symbol with pheonix for good to symbolize their rebirth. On the other hand, SC elves do use horned horses during WotLK, so they had to get them somewhere.
    - Blood elves began to delve into fire magic, reached out Firelands from which they were able to summon elemental phoenixes. They rediscover old iconography and add more depth to it through the phoenix power of rebirth.

So yes, phoenixes are indeed very thalassian. This color variantion definitely feels very Quel/Ren'dorei, making it fine pick for flying mount for high elf roleplayers and even void elf "patriots". I wonder if we get gold/red fiery version of this mount, which is very likely if we get content tied to it. Now I wonder if this is foreshadowing or not. I believe we got that ardenweald dragon as a 6month subscription, right? Also vulpine familiar... We can't say there is not a trend in what kind of mounts we get.
    Phoenixes are also very similar to Hawkstiders, the loyal mounts of the Blood Elves (of which share similarities to Tallstriders). Phoenixes could also potentially be related to Dragonhawks -- which can breathe fire. In the RPG, Dragonhawks are akin to Raptors, which makes sense in that geographically and biologically the elves have lineage tying them to Trolls. The Amani tribe also uses some Dragonhawk loa being channeled in the Zul'Aman raid. Interestingly on Draenor, there were Firehawks as well under Rukhmar (Primal God and progenitor of Kaliri and mother to the Arakkoa). The Phoenix is generally categorized as an elemental though only one noteworthy one was found in the Firelands (Blazewing was considered corrupted by Fandrall, I believe), though the RPG seems to declare them of the Elemental Plane. There were wild ones in the Durotar campaign of WC3. Phoenixes could have been bred into Hawkstriders, Dragonhawks, Raptors, and Tallstriders.

Okay a couple of quick edits with this shade of blonde that I feel compliments Void Elves really well, and also serves for some High Elf fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Okay a couple of quick edits with this shade of blonde that I feel compliments Void Elves really well, and also serves for some High Elf fantasy
    These are gorgeous! I want them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    These are gorgeous! I want them!
    Thank you !!

This video was posted on the official forums. Figured I'd share it here:

This video was posted on the official forums. Figured I'd share it here:

It had never clicked on me how well the Void Elf hairstyles fit the whole Dark Ranger and Sanlayn aesthetic

It had never clicked on me how well the Void Elf hairstyles fit the whole Dark Ranger and Sanlayn aesthetic
    I agree. And considering the sharing of skin tones, it would only be fair for void elves to share something in return I think.

A petition has been made for the request of customization for Legion Allied Races, inc Void elves!

There are example pictures for all Legion ARs

Sign here http://chng.it/MhM5vrgMFm
    Last edited by Eleann; 2021-07-12 at 02:21 AM.

I agree. And considering the sharing of skin tones, it would only be fair for void elves to share something in return I think.
    For sure, I doubt many VE players would have issues with that.

Slightly unrelated, I was just comparing how few hair colors AR's have in comparison to CR's. If you add 6 hair colors -3 new, 3 DK ones- you match the CR with fewer hair colors lol.

Hands down I absolutely adore these blonds and if they were added my dream of light hair colour added to Velves could come true. Don't forget to sign the petition I put up above it's for all Legion Allied Races. I wish I could edit it though to add these colours on there too - the petition does include picture links with lots of hair colour and hairstyle examples!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    Hands down I absolutely adore these blonds and if they were added my dream of light hair colour added to Velves could come true.
    Thank you!

Thank you!
    It actually greatly reminds me a lovely banana blonde <3

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Alleria is the best Windrunner by the way.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria is the best Windrunner by the way.

How dare you.

I think now that they are going to be forced to address the faction divide due to a dwindling population, something is going to happen.