You know, thinking of it, removing tentacles is.. something.

One hairstyle is literally a ponytail with a single tentacle. If they just up and remove that, that will look strange, so I wonder what they'll do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So shadow priest blood elves aren't real blood elves?
    as I understand it is not canon in the lore

I asked for auburn hair, and I'm getting auburn hair? I'm quite surprised! I thought for sure it would be brown and not auburn. Super stoked!

I have a feeling this could be the end of the natural options though. If they do an official pass on them, it will probably lean into the void stuff more. That is when I would expect black to come out, since it fits the void theme more than the high elf theme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

One hairstyle is literally a ponytail with a single tentacle. If they just up and remove that, that will look strange, so I wonder what they'll do with that.
    Maybe - since they are suddenly taking players for real - they see the hundreds of braid-for-tentacle-ideas
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Finally, blonde hair color and no tentacles?! for first time in forever im actually excited for something in this game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    Finally, blonde hair color and no tentacles?! for first time in forever im actually excited for something in this game!
    I am creating horde chars to spam /y BLONDE/REDISH VOID ELVES IN 9.1.5 - COME JOIN THE ALLIANCE BLOOD ELF PLAYERS - LEAVE THIS STINKY TOWN! <3
    xD xD xD
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I am creating horde chars to spam /y BLONDE/REDISH VOID ELVES IN 9.1.5 - COME JOIN THE ALLIANCE BLOOD ELF PLAYERS - LEAVE THIS STINKY TOWN! <3
    xD xD xD
    never! I am loyal to my country!! for quelthalas!

3+ Year Old Account
    xD xD xD
    someone ought to counter you "NEVER FORGET THE ALLIANCE ABANDONED YOU AND LEFT YOU FOR DEAD FOR 6 YEARS >" lol
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Oh it actually looks super cute without the tentacle!

xD xD xD
    I'm wondering if they aren't planning a new settlement for Void Elves + integrating Quel'thalas into Eastern Kingdoms. Why? Check out this video at the 10 minute mark:

Notice the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    The tentacle toggle increases my hairstyle options. Some styles look notably different without the tentacles. I can only hope that in future they also let the toggle add tentacles to the styles that don't have them so people who want to lean more into the void aspect can have the option.

I'm disappointed that black isn't one of the new hair colors, but I also think black is not a controversial hair color request compared to blonde and red. I'm hopeful that black, white, and brown are added in the not-too-distant future.
    I don't know if I am delusional or not, but I think VE specific options are yet to come, and with them, black hair.

So far all the VE's have gotten is reused assets -save for eye colors-, so it really feels is just for that OG thalassian elf fantasy: all the hair colors we got are from the original colors, nothing from the DK ones, or the SL ones.

5+ Year Old Account
    "uhmmmm you turn purple in combat even though 90% of rp is non-combat.. haha.. take that. Also, your name says VOID elf, not high elf!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They'll just say "Well the Sin'dorei have Silvermoon so they are the real elves!!11!!" while simultaneously crying that Silvermoon is a 2006 reject wasteland
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    “Real high elves have Paladins! So only the Horde has real high elves! The Alliance just has void rip-off elves!”
    Omg y'all, that's literally what's being said on the official forums

I get reminded of this laugh so much atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Staaaahp don't be meaaaan XD

(I hope he has moved on)
    He moved on so much he hasn't posted here since the initial skin tones bit, hope he's in good health for reals. To his credit though, he did say it would take something of WoW going downhill for HE customization. Which is partly true given the state of Blizzard (and the game) atm.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'm wondering if they aren't planning a new settlement for Void Elves + integrating Quel'thalas into Eastern Kingdoms. Why? Check out this video at the 10 minute mark:

Notice the sky?
    That has been in the game since BfA i believe. I found it like one or two PTR's ago and made a thread about it but no one cared. xD

Huh. I figured it'd look a lot weirded without the tentacle. Actually kinda cute, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Omg y'all, that's literally what's being said on the official forums

I get reminded of this laugh so much atm.
    Sadly, I know blood elf players too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That has been in the game since BfA i believe. I found it like one or two PTR's ago and made a thread about it but no one cared. xD
    Really? Well it would still be pretty cool to remake Quel'thalas and have a little corner for the Void Elves. Then they could have a warfront between the two (not like BFA warfronts, just a battle line and no-man's-land in the middle).

Huh. I figured it'd look a lot weirded without the tentacle. Actually kinda cute, yeah.
    It's actually weird how superfluous the tentacles are to most hairstyles. You can take them out and most look right.

I think the only one that looks odd is this one, where the hair looks a bit floaty (same for the male with the four tendrils on the chest)

pretty cool!!

This legitemately pisses me off because now there is 0 difference between blood elves and void elves besides paladin, Which you will eventually get

"We just want more elves on the alliance"

"We just want the same skin colors"

"We just want the same hair colors"

"We just want the same classes"

If they are gonna do that. Give the horde Nathanos style humans!! Absolute lunacy and a desperate attempt at getting people to play the alliance. Nice giving the other faction the same race. Might aswell declare blood elves neutral like the pandaren and they you go

Never mind the racist Garithos I guess
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    This legitemately pisses me off because now there is 0 difference between blood elves and void elves besides paladin, Which you will eventually get

"We just want more elves on the alliance"

"We just want the same skin colors"

"We just want the same hair colors"

"We just want the same classes"

If they are gonna do that. Give the horde Nathanos style humans!! Absolute lunacy and a desperate attempt at getting people to play the alliance. Nice giving the other faction the same race. Might aswell declare blood elves neutral like the pandaren and they you go

Never mind the racist Garithos I guess
    alterac humans for the horde
    I've been asking for them for years

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    alterac humans for the horde
    I've been asking for them for years
    Yeah

Hell, either that or gives us Nathanos style humans

Come up with some bullshit excuse like Sylvanas keeping the forsaken ugly because she is insecure and wants to be the prettiest person among her people. Makes sense seeing as she gave the only person shes attracted to an enhanced apperance. Thinking about it Blizzard hates the forsaken model. Derek proudmoore uses a human model, so does nathanos, so does Calia and Sylvanas uses a blood elf model. The exception is Lillian which they basically said she's gonna be replaced when the best next thing comes which I can gurantee you is not using a Forsaken model.
    An'u belore delen'na