Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The Horde should definitely get Alteraci humans. I've been a supporter of adding them ever since I saw this thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Fan-Concept)
    No, they shouldn't. The Horde does not need more races that will skew the faction imbalance even more.

Horde players just do not get it. There's no equivalence here because you've been winning hard for years. The Alliance needs SOMETHING over you to reset the imbalance and improve the health of the game.

I've never thought this line was more appropriate here but... check your fucking privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    No, they shouldn't. The Horde does not need more races that will skew the faction imbalance even more.

Horde players just do not get it. There's no equivalence here because you've been winning hard for years. The Alliance needs SOMETHING over you to reset the imbalance and improve the health of the game.

I've never thought this line was more appropriate here but... check your fucking privilege.
    Did you just assume my faction?

Did you just assume my faction?
    I admit I laughed.

But yeah, what the alliance needs is for Raid Grouping to become factionless. It doesn't matter what you give the Horde or Alliance at this point, the imbalance is just insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    awesome I thought they would give them more customization later but this is too big! They will give the void elves a whole new set of hairstyles.
    Yes and no. Hairstyles still remain the same. You just add another layer of customization to it. Just like night elves have vines/leaves and draenei have jewelery. There will still be no fresh new hairstyles.

I think this will favor mostly female hairstyles, most of them look really good without tentacles. Male hairstyles on the other hand are in more need of work, but eventually, it still opens up like 2 new hairstyles available for my character.

I mean it's great change indeed, but I wouldn't say it provides whole new set of hairstyles. Most of the hairstyles will not look vastly different without tentacles, especially male hairstyles. Now give us option to use braids in place of tentacles too. I can imagine some of these hairstyles being used for blood elves with braid options then as well (tentacles does not make much sense for them).

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Does anyone else want MORE void instead of more Blood Elf.

That looks so amazing, I'd be up for playing him, he looks so cruel, I love it

The Horde should definitely get Alteraci humans. I've been a supporter of adding them ever since I saw this thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Fan-Concept)
    No human potential in my faction, pls. I would rather take mok'nathal or forest trolls from Revantusk tribe for complete WC2 feel. San'layn or straight back forsaken would be fine tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I admit I laughed.

But yeah, what the alliance needs is for Raid Grouping to become factionless. It doesn't matter what you give the Horde or Alliance at this point, the imbalance is just insurmountable.
    I thought Ion discussed this as something they are working on a while back during a SL dev interview. Has there been any updated info on it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    No human potential in my faction, pls. I would rather take mok'nathal or forest trolls from Revantusk tribe for complete WC2 feel. San'layn or straight back forsaken would be fine tho.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think they are a cool idea. Although Mok'nathal, forest trolls, and San'layn are all ideas I support as well.

As someone who wanted blonde and was scared of getting the "wrong" blonde: Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    As someone who wanted blonde and was scared of getting the "wrong" blonde: Huzzah!
    Pretty much got all the blondes except one hehe

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Ion discussed this as something they are working on a while back during a SL dev interview. Has there been any updated info on it?
    Not as far as I am aware :/

- - - Updated - - -

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think they are a cool idea. Although Mok'nathal, forest trolls, and San'layn are all ideas I support as well.
    I don't know if I *love* the idea of Alteraci humans in the Horde. I don't dislike it, but in terms of belonging to the faction I feel something is missing. Beyond War2 they really haven't been a thing in terms of Horde history, so there are just so many other races I would rather have on the Horde that DO have that continued story and relevance, such as Forest Trolls and Mok'nathal (and even San'layn, with their very recent participation on the 4th War and strong connection to the Blood Elves)

So yeah, to the point I would prefer so many other races before, I'd rather have neutral Alteraci mmm.

Oh yeah, pretty much everyone has been baffled by the choices. Like EVERYONE was hoping for one color from each major shade (black, white, blonde, brown and red)
    On the second thought, that orange hair with void skin gives me "N'zoth" vibes actually. I think coupled with correct tentacled hairstyle and transmog and we can achieve pretty decent old god shenanigans.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even though gameplay reasons forced me into the Horde for the first time this expansion, I'm so happy High Elves can 100% be realized with the tentacle hide/light hair tones now. I remember that I used to say I'd not race change my human mage to anything else except for an Alliance High Elf. This dream is now possible.

Ride your Quel'dorei Steed proudly!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    On the second thought, that orange hair with void skin gives me "N'zoth" vibes actually. I think coupled with correct tentacled hairstyle and transmog and we can achieve pretty decent old god shenanigans.
    Oh yeah, tho I find it unexpected, I do think it's a color that actually looks very good on the VE skin tones. Is just more that as far as "you are getting only 5 natural hair colors" is just weird how limited the choices themselves are.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Even though gameplay reasons forced me into the Horde for the first time this expansion, I'm so happy High Elves can 100% be realized with the tentacle hide/light hair tones now. I remember that I used to say I'd not race change my human mage to anything else except for an Alliance High Elf. This dream is now possible.

Ride your Quel'dorei Steed proudly!
    Woo!!

The blonde/red head hair colors look great, but not so much on darker skinned Void Elves. Was counting on brown/black/white hair colors to better match the darker skin tones I like to use on my void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    The blonde/red head hair colors look great, but not so much on darker skinned Void Elves. Was counting on brown/black/white hair colors to better match the darker skin tones I like to use on my void elves.
    Indeed, they do not look so much as natural colors on dark skin which is a bummer.

Not as far as I am aware :/
    Ah, well hopefully we will get some news on that soon.
    I don't know if I *love* the idea of Alteraci humans in the Horde. I don't dislike it, but in terms of belonging to the faction I feel something is missing. Beyond War2 they really haven't been a thing in terms of Horde history, so there are just so many other races I would rather have on the Horde that DO have that continued story and relevance, such as Forest Trolls and Mok'nathal (and even San'layn, with their very recent participation on the 4th War and strong connection to the Blood Elves)

So yeah, to the point I would prefer so many other races before, I'd rather have neutral Alteraci mmm.
    I suppose we could always RP Alteraci humans if we got some cross faction stuff going on. Personally, I'd like to see warmode-on being antagonistic factions and warmode-off being at least neutral with each other.

Forest trolls I think could be a second theme for Darkspear trolls, Mok'nathal a second theme for Orgrimmar orcs, and San'layn either for Blood Elves or Forsaken (arguments could be made for either really). After High Elves on Void Elves, and Wildhammers on Bronzebeards, it would make sense to me for every race to get a second theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Never mind the racist Garithos I guess
    Lmao people keep bringing this up, but they seemingly forget that the Horde dragged blood elves into two pointless, loosing wars (and civil wars that follow), basically blackmailed them to send more resources to Northred even though they had and probably still have small and dwindling population, not to mention joining with undead, orcs and TROLLS?

If it wasnt for ingame constraints belfs would've left long ago, or even didnt join in the first place. (hate bc writing, simple as).

Oh yeah, tho I find it unexpected, I do think it's a color that actually looks very good on the VE skin tones. Is just more that as far as "you are getting only 5 natural hair colors" is just weird how limited the choices themselves are.
    It is definitely unexpected, but it's good that these orange/red hair actually goes well into the void/old god theme and in the same time, you can use them for regular uncorrupted high elf too. I'm glad we got blonde too, but 3 shades feels kind of over the top considering we still miss pure white and black.

I'm not gonna complain, but I'd happily trade two blonde tones for white and black... But I guess we will see some more options in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    Lmao people keep bringing this up, but they seemingly forget that the Horde dragged blood elves into two pointless, loosing wars (and civil wars that follow), basically blackmailed them to send more resources to Northred even though they had and probably still have small and dwindling population, not to mention joining with undead, orcs and TROLLS?

If it wasnt for ingame constraints belfs would've left long ago, or even didnt join in the first place. (hate bc writing, simple as).
    Besides Garithos has nothing to do with humans of Stormwind. He was lordaeronian and most of them are part of the Horde now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    people also hated Blood Elves when they first joined Horde but now they're the most popular race; you'll be fine
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    It is definitely unexpected, but it's good that these orange/red hair actually goes well into the void/old god theme and in the same time, you can use them for regular uncorrupted high elf too. I'm glad we got blonde too, but 3 shades feels kind of over the top considering we still miss pure white and black.

I'm not gonna complain, but I'd happily trade two blonde tones for white and black... But I guess we will see some more options in future patches.
    Basically. There are nice colors, but yeah, they don't offer a lot of variety. Hopefully we will be seeing more colors in the future, specifically, Void themed ones, such as Alleria's white hair color.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose we could always RP Alteraci humans if we got some cross faction stuff going on. Personally, I'd like to see warmode-on being antagonistic factions and warmode-off being at least neutral with each other.

Forest trolls I think could be a second theme for Darkspear trolls, Mok'nathal a second theme for Orgrimmar orcs, and San'layn either for Blood Elves or Forsaken (arguments could be made for either really). After High Elves on Void Elves, and Wildhammers on Bronzebeards, it would make sense to me for every race to get a second theme.
    If different body types were to ever become a thing in customization, yeah! But races like Forest Trolls and Mok'nathal just look different enough to the point they'd have to be Allied Races.

But yeah, my issues about Alteraci humans are not that I don't want humans in the Horde -for example I'd love the Fogsail Bucaneers on the Horde- but more so than the Alteraci themselves just haven't been a thing since, oof, Warcraft 2? With how forgotten they have become, I'd kinda prefer if Alterac was rebuilt as a Forsaken city. Actually, I'd like if it became Calia's center of operations given her -if tenuous- connection with that realm.

Who knows, maybe she starts making the remaining Syndycate into fleshy undead like her, so we get roundabout humans lol.