Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    If Alleria were to invade Quel'thalas, would it not feel more like a civil war if she had some local backing? Perhaps attempting to seize the throne.
    Alleria has:

- The Ren'dorei, Children of the Void, who are loyal to her, and are not comprised solely of biological Void elves but also of High and Blood elves who have travelled to Telogrus Rift to delve in the study of the Void.

- The Quel'dorei of the Silver Covenant who are loyal to her sister Vereesa, who follows Alleria around and acknowledges Alleria as her elder sister and superior.

- The Windrunner name in itself is enough to start a civil war. If Daenerys Targaryen can start a civil war because of her name then so can Alleria. Reminder that the Windrunner were the second most influential family in Quel'Thalas, they were literally in charge of the entire Military and have been for millennia. The name itself means power and can be used as leverage.

It must also be noted that the Sunstriders, the former royal house, has gone extinct with the death of Kael'thas. And Lor'themar Theron is just a peasant, a commoner. Which would leave the Windrunners as the strongest family in the old kingdom, that we know of naturally. And naturally Alleria is the head of House Windrunner, as the eldest heir.

If Alleria wanted to she could easily lay claim to the throne of Quel'Thalas and start a civil war. She has the support (Void elves, High elves, and many Blood elves followers, and her husband is now High King of the Alliance), she has the family name and prestige (she is literally one of the most famous heroes in Thalassian history), what more does she need? She needs Blizzard to care about her, unfortunately that is beyond her capabilities
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-08-29 at 02:28 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    would Auric Sunchaser and Rose'leth (both neutrals) approve of Alleria, their former leader, turning against their own kin in Quel'thalas? Auric is mediating between the neutral High Elves and the Blood Elves

would the Argent Crusade Lordaeronians and High Elves (both neutrals again) approve of Turalyon, a fellow Lordaeronian attacking Western Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, and perhaps using Eastern Plaguelands as a staging ground, when they are good with them and as well as the entire Horde with literally zero beef? Eligor Dawnbringer is friends with Eitrigg and Maxwell Tyrosus is implied to be acquaintances with Liadrin
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria has:

- The Ren'dorei, Children of the Void, who are loyal to her, and are not comprised solely of biological Void elves but also of High and Blood elves who have travelled to Telogrus Rift to delve in the study of the Void.

- The Quel'dorei of the Silver Covenant who are loyal to her sister Vereesa, who follows Alleria around and acknowledges Alleria as her elder sister and superior.

- The Windrunner name in itself is enough to start a civil war. If Daenerys Targaryen can start a civil war because of her name then so can Alleria. Reminder that the Windrunner were the second most influential family in Quel'Thalas, they were literally in charge of the entire Military and have been for millennia. The name itself means power and can be used as leverage.

It must also be noted that the Sunstriders, the former royal house, has gone extinct with the death of Kael'thas. And Lor'themar Theron is just a peasant, a commoner. Which would leave the Windrunners as the strongest family in the old kingdom, that we know of naturally. And naturally Alleria is the head of House Windrunner, as the eldest heir.

If Alleria wanted to she could easily lay claim to the throne of Quel'Thalas and start a civil war. She has the support (Void elves, High elves, and many Blood elves followers, and her husband is now High King of the Alliance), she has the family name and prestige (she is literally one of the most famous heroes in Thalassian history), what more does she need? She needs Blizzard to care about her, unfortunately that is beyond her capabilities
    Give it "however many years" until after Quel'Thalas has been updated for the Horde, then we'll talk about alliance or velfs getting quel'thalas.

Until then, it's Blood Elven fanbase that has been extremely patient which should be rewarded.

So, if it takes 25 years for this first update for the Blood Elves and the Horde, then it should take another 25 years for the alliance to get it. Fair is fair.

This is just a minority of Alliance players wanting something nice that has the Horde has, but coming over with the arrogant attitude of "Well, I'm Alliance. I'm better than you. Your Horde. Your second class." Thank heavens the MMO-champion mods can sniff that BS out.

and the Windrunner are just a bunch of Rangers. Lor'themar Theron was second in-command to the previous Ranger General, Sylvanas. Then he was elected, by the ruling Prince to be the Lord Regent. Alleria can expand her little camp on Telgorus. She's been absent from Quel'Thalas for too long and doesn't understand the struggles of the Sin'dorei. Alleria will never be Queen (or anything else you make up), because the Windrunners are a bunch of Human-loving, Alliance-loving trouts who care more about their Human Male partners than they do about their people - the Sin'dorei.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-29 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    would Auric Sunchaser and Rose'leth (both neutrals) approve of Alleria, their former leader, turning against their own kin in Quel'thalas? Auric is mediating between the neutral High Elves and the Blood Elves

would the Argent Crusade Lordaeronians and High Elves (both neutrals again) approve of Turalyon, a fellow Lordaeronian attacking Western Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, and perhaps using Eastern Plaguelands as a staging ground, when they are good with them and as well as the entire Horde with literally zero beef? Eligor Dawnbringer is friends with Eitrigg and Maxwell Tyrosus is implied to be acquaintances with Liadrin
    Auric Sunchaser literally named his home "Allerian Stronghold", so there you have it.

You know it's cute how you think neutral factions matter, why don't we ask ourselves if the Cenarion Circle would approve of the Horde laying waste to Teldrassil.

I can't wait to kill velf npcs in the new updated Quel'Thalas for Horde Sin'dorei players.

It's why the Sin'dorei are one of the, if not, the best race on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    If you ask me, with Turalyon and Alleria rulling Stormwind, Quel'Thalas appears to be in great danger. So the blood elves holding Silvermoon for ever isn't guaranteed.
    It probably would depend on the fan support. And let’s be fair, the alliance will win this one.

The blood elves were never fully established or integrated into the horde. How could they. They were an alliance race transplanted to the horde for number. Not to expand the theme, identity or morph the horde ideology.

this is why they were largely out of the majority of horde activity either having peripheral roles with token representation and cameos or had their own separate story. Useful to include the horde in matters that formerly would have beeen exclusively alliance but blizzard wanted to open up to all.

in time though their large presence and following amongst players somewhat did influence horde story telling. You’d have to wait till the last few years to see how much.

saying that. With highbelves avaialble now. It has been the alliance fans far more keen about the elves than horde ones. Blood elf fans exempting ofc. Because bloodnelves went horde we had a bunch of elf fans gonhorde too and stay there.

But to be honest a lot who play blood elves think they are alliance suited and with high elves around would likely back that play too.

The end result is that alliance interest in highbelves amongst the fans might very well dwarf horde ones shifting the development of Thalassians to favour alliance.

while we will never see the horde lose blood elves. Silvermoon and Quel’thalas is a real possibility. So is some sort of share.

The only thing that would stop this is if blizzard build a high /void elf city for them and it is very impressive. It needs to be amazing otherwise they will always covet their original lore home of Quel’thalas just as night elves who know the War of the Ancients origin story cover Suramar back. And will do until they have something just as nice or nicer. And there are many more alliance night elf fans than horde Nightborne ones.

The current for elf groups as they are very much alliance leaning in every way. So this is how development would lean if fan driven

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    SNIP
    Night Elves stay at Hyjal.
    Void Elves build their own void-city.

Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei remain where they are.

If anything, it's Sin'dorei fans who have demanded a Quel'Thalas update. Fan of the Sin'dorei. Not Quel'dorei. Not velfs. Not nelfs. It's the Sin'dorei fanbase.

Before Alliance can have Quel'Thalas, the Horde must be given the Quel'Thalas update first and then the Alliance must wait x amount of years until a second update. So, it's been 14 years since the Blood Elves came in - maybe 17 years for the update to take place for the Horde. After that, Alliance fans can wait another 17 years for a possibly Quel'Thalas update.

Alliance fans wanting Quel'Thalas is dwarfed by the many years Sin'dorei fans have wanted a Quel'Thalas update.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to leave out the emotions. I think it would just be a cool setting. Void elves could even lose, or it wouldn't need to be a real civil war but maybe sneaky missions or agency stuff to convince silvermoon citizens to join Alleria and her void / silver gang.
    Plus this would actually be a reason to remake the whole "island". And we know blizzard... They only change zones when it is useful for the gameplay.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Let's try to leave out the emotions. I think it would just be a cool setting. Void elves could even lose, or it wouldn't need to be a real civil war but maybe sneaky missions or agency stuff to convince silvermoon citizens to join Alleria and her void / silver gang.
    Plus this would actually be a reason to remake the whole "island". And we know blizzard... They only change zones when it is useful for the gameplay.
    I'm just good with a band of velf thugs, who have broken away from Alleria and Umbric and make a base in Deatholme. The Sin'dorei Farstriders and Thalassian Dark Rangers work together to end their little incursion...perhaps they are trying to raise Dark'han through the powers of the void.
    They serve the same function as the Blood Elf Bandits on Azuremyst. Hostile to both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Why exactly are people talking about the Ren'dorei starting a civil war in the actual lore as if that were a possibility?

Canonically we know that Alleria only seeks to bring Quel'Thalas back into the Alliance, she absolutely does not want to lay waste on it. The original discussion was about the potentiality of the Ren'dorei starting a civil war, in a vacuum. In a vacuum they indeed have the means to do it. But canonically we know that Alleria isn't a warmonger.

Though she undoubtedly has the military means to invade Quel'Thalas, she will simply try to reconcile with the other Thalassian diplomatically. "Me strong, me smash, me ork!" is the Horde way after all, not the Alliance.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-08-29 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria has:

in the first place the second most important noble family of quelthalas were the solanar! who held the position of grand magister and led the magister. currently the last known member of the solanar is lord solanar who is the second in command of the blood knight although I always thought that rommath is also a solanar.

in second place lorthemar was the second in command of the rangers and even alleria referred to him as lord theron. any blood elf will recognize lorthemar as the greatest hero of quelthalas the savior of a nation on the brink of death for something rommath and halduron want to name him king.

of course you can invade quel'thalas I suppose it's possible but don't use those excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    This is just a minority of Alliance players wanting something nice that has the Horde has, but coming over with the arrogant attitude of "Well, I'm Alliance. I'm better than you. Your Horde. Your second class." Thank heavens the MMO-champion mods can sniff that BS out.
    and this is another reason why I don't want sanlayn! we have alliance players like ravenmoon who just want to destroy us, take away our racial identity, steal quelthalas from us, turn us into a homeless people and in turn give us cannibal undead no doubt to say "we deserve quelthalas because you are undead and we are alive" as happens with lordaeron

Personally i'd prefer for Silvermoon to stay with blood elves, velfs/helfs -lets call them Allerians- should build a new cool city in Telogrus Rift, if done right, that thing would look bloody amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    and this is another reason why I don't want sanlayn! we have alliance players like ravenmoon who just want to destroy us, take away our racial identity, steal quelthalas from us, turn us into a homeless people and in turn give us cannibal undead no doubt to say "we deserve quelthalas because you are undead and we are alive" as happens with lordaeron
    I don't mind extra features, so long as things like "San'layn/Dark Ranger" are for RP purposes only.

The San'layn have never actually engaged with the Sin'dorei of Silvermoon. The only ones who they have spoken to are:

Sunreaver Blood Elves (neutral)
    Zandalari and Darkspear Trolls
    Night Elves
    Humans.

They have very little that connects them to Quel'Thalas now.

I just don't understand why Blood Elves need to change in order to accommodate the Alliance? I play Blood Elves, they are Horde. I don't care about the Alliance..
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-29 at 05:13 PM.

Void Elves build their own void-city.
    While I don't see the void elves ever getting a whole city to call their own, I'd love to see a small fortress built in Telogrus as their base of operation rather than just a few tents. A floating fortress in the void as the Ren'dorei's home just seems cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    While I don't see the void elves ever getting a whole city to call their own, I'd love to see a small fortress built in Telogrus as their base of operation rather than just a few tents. A floating fortress in the void as the Ren'dorei's home just seems cool to me.
    Is it their own style, or could it be something that is similar to 3 Tempest Keep dungeons, but done with far more Void, Arcane and void elf-like tapestries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria believes Quel'Thzlas is destined to rejoin the Alliance.
    Umbric wants to get Silvermoon back into the Alliance.
    Turalyon wants to reclaim former Alliance of Lordaeron holdings (hello Silvermoon!)

Now the Alliance will have real High elves and thus the blood elves are officially a neutral race.

If you really think Silvermoon will be updated for nothing except to please some Horde fans, then you're gonna be disappointed.

Ofc the Alliance will return to Silvermoon one day.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

And @Kyriani made the point that just because Void Elves have access to these, doesn't mean that Void Elf NPC's will be using these features (all barring Alleria.) These are RP tools that Blizzard are giving.
    The Void Elf NPC's, moving forward (again, with the exception of Alleria) will all likely have "Void" based features.
    Well, yes exactly. There is really no point for "uncorrupted" void elf, since Alliance has actual high elf NPCs since the launch of the classic and has high elf NPCs and factions reemerging during course of the game. Void elf NPCs will most likely be defined by void features and high elves will stay "vanilla" elves. The key difference is that Alliance players have now access to the "pure" elf aestetics and can RP as one. Sure, it will not be ideal because of racial tag and racial skills, but hey, I can settle with that.

Plus, the Blood Elves have their big advantage of having Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas, which both need updating, like this:
    https://keyboardturner.artstation.com/projects/nQm0Re

So, no - each race will get their due in time. Nothing will be ignored because "it's more Alliance/Horde."
    That looks really good. I wish we will see this revamp one day. I also wish alliance high elves and void elves will build a new home together somewhere. It's time they leave human cities and find their own place in the world.

Turalyon wants to reclaim former Alliance of Lordaeron holdings (hello Silvermoon!)

Now the Alliance will have real High elves and thus the blood elves are officially a neutral race.

If you really think Silvermoon will be updated for nothing except to please some Horde fans, then you're gonna be disappointed.

Sin'dorei Fans > what a few Alliance fans want.

Again, why should the Sin'dorei and the Horde be disregarded because of Alliance fans? They shouldn't.

If you really think Blizzard will update Quel'Thalas for the Alliance, then you will not be happy. Of course, it's going to be updated for the Sin'dorei and the Horde. You'll just have to wait 20 years, for the second update where your faction might get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, yes exactly. There is really no point for "uncorrupted" void elf, since Alliance has actual high elf NPCs since the launch of the classic and has high elf NPCs and factions reemerging during course of the game. Void elf NPCs will most likely be defined by void features and high elves will stay "vanilla" elves. The key difference is that Alliance players have now access to the "pure" elf aestetics and can RP as one. Sure, it will not be ideal because of racial tag and racial skills, but hey, I can settle with that.

That looks really good. I wish we will see this revamp one day. I also wish alliance high elves and void elves will build a new home together somewhere. It's time they leave human cities and find their own place in the world.
    I don't mind Void Elves getting their city, so long as the Sin'dorei have Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon and the Sunwell.

We are the most played race of the horde

I don't mind Void Elves getting their city, so long as the Sin'dorei have Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon and the Sunwell.
    I think blood elves (rightfully) will remain in control of Silvermoon. If there ever will be a expansion focusing on conflict of Light and Void, Sunwell might play some part again in the storyline, since it's quite potent font of power, infused with Light. I'm not just sure if Blizzard will ever again pull some huge twists like Burning of Teldrassil, since they were not able to handle such world shaking events properly and got critized for that.