Why exactly do people think that Blizzard will create new capitals for existing race when they have gone out of their way to consolidate everything in Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

It's far more likely that Stormwind itself will be updated to reflect its new leadership (High King Turalyon and his advisor Alleria). The Vindicaar could hover above the city and Lightforged beacons might be set around the city for defensive purposes as well as a giant Light-infused dome ala Velen's Shield to protect the city from any kind of attack.

The Ren'dorei could reinforce their presence within the city, for instance by setting up twisted mazes and corridors to disorient any potential invader or criminal, as well as maybe reinforce the Stockades with Void enhancements.

Since Alleria has now reached the upper echelons of Alliance leadership, I expect the Ren'dorei to gain greater foothold in Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What Kaldorei lands? The unburned part of Ashenvale? Or the shithole that is darkshore?

I think the BEs should just keep silvermoon. But I would like to see some sort of "battle" between Allerians and blood elves in a remade endgame zone. Maybe allerians get some outposts or somthing. It is cooler for the story if they are kept desperate, even like maniacs wanting the city. So many cool arcs could play out then
    you want a good battlefield eastern plaguelands! the alliance could take the city of corrin crossing and the blood elves could take Quel'Lithien

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    We are the most played race of the horde
    Thats exactly why they will pull it off, "muh durr too many Horde players no balance amongus" proceeds returning Blood Elfs to alliance , now factions in balance.

ION Smile
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Thats exactly why they will pull it off, "muh durr too many Horde players no balance amongus" proceeds returning Blood Elfs to alliance , now factions in balance.

ION Smile
    the most played race in the game are humans. there is no population imbalance, the horde and the alliance population are equal. there are more hardcore players in the horde and more RP players in the alliance.
    I know there are alliance players who want more players to do M + but for that you need better racials or dissolve factions.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    the most played race in the game are humans. there is no population imbalance, the horde and the alliance population are equal. there are more hardcore players in the horde and more RP players in the alliance.
    I know there are alliance players who want more players to do M + but for that you need better racials or dissolve factions.
    Really? What do you call many Alliance-dominate servers becoming horde-dominated ghost servers in BFA and now SL?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Really? What do you call many Alliance-dominate servers becoming horde-dominated ghost servers in BFA and now SL?
    In general, the numbers of both the horde and the alliance declined a lot in the last year, most of them went to the FF14

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    If Blizzard wants a civil war happening in Silvermoon for whatever reasons, they will not ask you for permission

Back in Legion, Stromgarde was an undead kingdom.

In a single patch, the kingdom was restored and inhabited by the Alliance.
    in that we agree obviously blizzard can do what they want with the game, I never thought that lordaeron and teldrassil were destroyed so everything is possible.
    But tell me how you imagine the conquest of quelthalas at the hands of the void elves would be? What would happen to the surviving blood elves? would they move to kalimdor as refugees in orgimmar? Would they all die and rise as undeads?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    In general, the numbers of both the horde and the alliance declined a lot in the last year, most of them went to the FF14
    Yeah, but there is only three horde-dominated servers that have switched to being contested or alliance dominated; Alliance was hit a lot harder then Horde by the morally gray crap.

Yeah, but there is only three horde-dominated servers that have switched to being contested or alliance dominated; Alliance was hit a lot harder then Horde by the morally gray crap.
    It may be true that the alliance is a little worse than the horde, but all WoW has suffered massive loss of players, 9.1 made practically no difference all the time more and more players will play FF14 will be worse with the beta ashes of creation. the high elves don't make any difference right now.

So there is an imbalance.

Or did a good chunk of Alliance players that were doing high-end content like upper m+s and mythic raiding just suddenly up and retire to roleplay while the Horde RPers coincidentally took up the mantle of high-end gameplay? Like what level of willful ignorance are we working with here?

I agree, except the very leader of the void elves, Alleria Windrunner, is still blonde with blue eyes.
    I think they will move to more to this pattern for future void elf NPCs now that they have high elf visuals in their palette. I am actually very sure, because if there wouldn't be high elf fans in the blizzard team, we would neither have void elves (which were the first olive branch) nor blonde hair, blue eyes and normal skin.

"Look at me, I am the high elf now" ;D

Only the hair color missing.
    I do think that in the future we will be seeing more variation on VE NPC's tho, I think Blizzard will start making the decision to portray them as a mix of Umbric and Alleria's group. But that's just theorizing, based on my assumption that we will be seeing more VE initiates.

Honestly we will have to wait til next expansion to see how the Void Elves have shaken up in our time away from Azeroth. If next expansion is indeed light focused, Void will be the obvious foil.

Even if the Void Elves themselves as a race were rushed, it is obvious they have big plans for Alleria and the Void with all the set up done in Argus, and I really think that will pay off narratively, and to finally settle on a deeper identity for Void Elves.

Also she looks so lime green, I love it.

Is that your head canon or what? You trying to will that into existance?

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics/region/eu

Any simple google search proves you to be incorrect.
    If you disagree, best bring forth evidence and not word salad.

If Blizzard wants a civil war happening in Silvermoon for whatever reasons, they will not ask you for permission

Back in Legion, Stromgarde was an undead kingdom.

In a single patch, the kingdom was restored and inhabited by the Alliance.
    While I would like a Thalassian civil war, it really might not happen within WoW's story.

It could really be the sort of thread that is never pulled. We already have Alleria's intentions, but who knows if it will become actions.

Nonetheless, even if an all out war doesn't happen, I would like to see the Ghostlands be treated more like a contested territory with the Windrunners retaking their ancestral home, that would just be cool to me in terms of storytelling. Like kind of a cold war vibe going on as both sides try to resettle the Ghostlands.

The conflict of the Void Elves powers leaving a mark in the land -that they swear is totally safe- feeling like yet another defiling to the Blood Elves, contrasted with Alleria and Lor'themar trying to maintain diplomatic relationships and enough civility by keeping a peace treaty could be mined for years of simmering conflict.

3+ Year Old Account
    If Alliance Elves get a city again, they should have to split it. Void Elves get one side, High Elves another, and Night Elves the third.. Have a river and a tributary split up the three districts, with a central community area in the center.
    Eldre'thalas! It could be a new fortress for Void Elves, Shen'dralar, and Alliance High Elves (with Draenei inhabitants since they're also arcane-oriented)
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

- - - Updated - - -

So they would rather play a game without factions?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I do think that in the future we will be seeing more variation on VE NPC's tho, I think Blizzard will start making the decision to portray them as a mix of Umbric and Alleria's group. But that's just theorizing, based on my assumption that we will be seeing more VE initiates.

Honestly we will have to wait til next expansion to see how the Void Elves have shaken up in our time away from Azeroth. If next expansion is indeed light focused, Void will be the obvious foil.

Even if the Void Elves themselves as a race were rushed, it is obvious they have big plans for Alleria and the Void with all the set up done in Argus, and I really think that will pay off narratively, and to finally settle on a deeper identity for Void Elves.

Also she looks so lime green, I love it.
    Aww thank you <3

Well, thinking about the introduction of void elves... I am currently thinking that it was not so rushed after all, even though it looked like a "taunt" from "horde loving devs" to "HE wanting" alliance players. The Argus patch was planted from the beginning and so was the re-introduction of Alleria. So I guess they just went for a more voidy-look as most players wanted to not piss blood elf fans of from the beginning or to just make them stand out more. Personally I felt Nightborne for the Alliance to be more "offending" than void elves, but this is a different topic.

So you are right they were rushed in some kind of way. Either in a way of "coming out of nowhere" in the lore, or from not giving the obvious most wanted looks to alliance at the start.
    I am happy now and am really looking forward for the PTR tomorrow. They said "there is more" so maybe maybe maybe, we will also get braids instead of tentacles and not just tentacle removal. Or even Alleria tattoos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    in the exploring EK book they say theres a lot of quel'thalas citizens who hate the horde, alleria could find a lot of common ground there for supporters.
    I might need to buy this book. Sounds very interesting!
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    in the exploring EK book they say theres a lot of quel'thalas citizens who hate the horde, alleria could find a lot of common ground there for supporters.
    I completely forgot that !

Obviously Alleria will cause a lot of troubles in Silvermoon in the near future.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot that !

Obviously Alleria will cause a lot of troubles in Silvermoon in the near future.
    As she should.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria believes Quel'Thzlas is destined to rejoin the Alliance.
    Umbric wants to get Silvermoon back into the Alliance.
    Turalyon wants to reclaim former Alliance of Lordaeron holdings (hello Silvermoon!)

Now the Alliance will have real High elves and thus the blood elves are officially a neutral race.

If you really think Silvermoon will be updated for nothing except to please some Horde fans, then you're gonna be disappointed.

Ofc the Alliance will return to Silvermoon one day.
    The destroyed half of Silvermoon is waiting for the Alliance to rebuild in all its majesty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Found steve danuser (lead developer/designer of the story) tweeting about 9.1.5 changes. Makes me wonder if they actually asked him for "OK" him for the blonde void elves?

"9.1.5 will feature a number of tasty treats, coming from a place of love for the game. Hope you enjoy!"

Source: https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/sta...08954810785799
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Aww thank you <3

Well, thinking about the introduction of void elves... I am currently thinking that it was not so rushed after all, even though it looked like a "taunt" from "horde loving devs" to "HE wanting" alliance players. The Argus patch was planted from the beginning and so was the re-introduction of Alleria. So I guess they just went for a more voidy-look as most players wanted to not piss blood elf fans of from the beginning or to just make them stand out more. Personally I felt Nightborne for the Alliance to be more "offending" than void elves, but this is a different topic.

So you are right they were rushed in some kind of way. Either in a way of "coming out of nowhere" in the lore, or from not giving the obvious most wanted looks to alliance at the start.
    I am happy now and am really looking forward for the PTR tomorrow. They said "there is more" so maybe maybe maybe, we will also get braids instead of tentacles and not just tentacle removal. Or even Alleria tattoos !
    I think Void Elves were not planed to be an AR when they were developing Alleria's story, and neither High Elves really.

Like I think they knew the void was going to be a relevant part of the lore going forward, but that they didn't particularly consider an AR based on that, but when the opportunity presented itself with Alleria's arc, they rushed the void elves intro development knowing they could develop that whole aspect of her with a people to guide. And I kinda think it was a genuine effort of giving a thalssian aesthetic, but at a point where they were still designing around aesthetic segregation.

To me it just looks like they realized how cool and how much potential Alleria's path would have for an AR and they jumped the gun a bit with the implementation. I do believe that her development points towards Void being meant to become relevant for a while, but I think the idea to create a playable race around that came later.

But that's really just speculation on my end. It does make me hope that VE's will get added more depth -and hopefully Alleria like tattoos/warpaint in void inspired design

And that's why Alleria's story feels so robust and well told, but the VE's themselves rushed.

Aww thank you <3

I am happy now and am really looking forward for the PTR tomorrow. They said "there is more" so maybe maybe maybe, we will also get braids instead of tentacles and not just tentacle removal. Or even Alleria tattoos

- - - Updated - - -

I might need to buy this book. Sounds very interesting!
    Nothing about the Ren'dorei is "rushed" when you stop for a moment and actually think about it.

We already saw in TBC High Astromancer Solarian, a Blood elf who gorged herself in Void energy and became a Void entity.

So the idea of Blood elves messing with the Void and being infused with it is very old. People (haters) often say "B-but then why we never heard of Umbric and his group!!!", because it was a group of scholars exiled in the Wilds, why would we hear of them? We also never heard of Random Bob the bread vendor, we don't hear everything that goes on everywhere on Azeroth.

Frankly nothing about the Ren'dorei is rushed if you look at them with an impartial perspective.

Meta-wise, it's likely that they already wanted to include some kind of Void variaton of Blood elves back when they made TBC (with that boss from Tempest Keep); and they might have wanted to include Void elves in WoD, where they fleshed-out the Void more (think of the entire storyline in Shadowmoon Valley). And it's not a coincidence that in WoD there was a Garrison NPC looking for Alleria. But they might have decided it would be best to simply push the Void elves farther until they can introduce a proper subrace system.