Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    At this point all customization options should be shared between void and blood elves and night elves and nightborne.
    So then you just play "Elf."

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    So then you just play "Elf."
    Horde Magic Elf and Alliance Magic Elf and Horde Druid Elf and Alliance Druid Elf.

Horde Magic Elf and Alliance Magic Elf and Horde Druid Elf and Alliance Druid Elf.
    No - just "Elf."

No difference between them, each one is just "elf."

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    No - just "Elf."

No difference between them, each one is just "elf."
    Sure, why not. I want the faction split gone anyway, that’s my end goal.

I like races having unique cultures and differences, but Blizzard didn’t do that with the void elves. They didn’t even make them Alliance high elves. They’re literally blood elves who got kicked out of Silvermoon. Right now there are no cultural differences, they could have been Alliance high elves that studied the void like Alleria, but no. It’s just straight up blood elf exiles. Blood elf heritage is void elf heritage. Blood elf homelands are void elf homelands. At least high elves have a political split from the blood elves. Void elves got nada.

PS. I wanted Alliance high elves since launch. Blood elves joining the Horde doesn’t really make sense, but that was 17 years ago. I’ve let it go and besides they’ve developed nicely in the Horde. But Blizzard decided to add a sizable high elf group, the Silver Covenant, to the Alliance. They were important in Wrath and MoP. If Blizzard decided to make all the Alliance high elves into void elves, I’d be frustrated, but for me it would have ended the push to get high elves. In the story the high elves could have been completely, utterly dead and they can now grow as void elves. But Blizzard didn’t do that and I am very excited to get high elf customization options. I am very happy with the skin and hair colors and the tentacle toggle. I’m not going to push for more, but I do recognize at this point there’s no reason to not give void elves all the blood elf options. We’ve got half of them already. Just give us the rest. Give the Horde the Alliance Elf options too for parity.
    Last edited by Edoll; 2021-08-31 at 07:25 PM.

But there is no such thing as Horde druid elf. Only Horde magic elf.

Sure, why not. I want the faction split gone anyway, that’s my end goal.

I like races having unique cultures and differences, but Blizzard didn’t do that with the void elves. They didn’t even make them Alliance high elves. They’re literally blood elves who got kicked out of Silvermoon. Right now there are no cultural differences, they could have been Alliance high elves that studied the void like Alleria, but no. It’s just straight up blood elf exiles. Blood elf heritage is void elf heritage. Blood elf homelands are void elf homelands. At least high elves have a political split from the blood elves. Void elves got nada.
    Well that's not the Blood Elf fanbase or the Blood Elf races' problem.

Maybe Void Elves just need to go and live in Duskwood or Eldre'Thalas (wink wink, @Vaedan), then they can build their own legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. I wanted Alliance high elves since launch. Blood elves joining the Horde doesn’t really make sense, but that was 17 years ago. I’ve let it go and besides they’ve developed nicely in the Horde. But Blizzard decided to add a sizable high elf group, the Silver Covenant, to the Alliance. They were important in Wrath and MoP. If Blizzard decided to make all the Alliance high elves into void elves, I’d be frustrated, but for me it would have ended the push to get high elves. In the story the high elves could have been completely, utterly dead and they can now grow as void elves. But Blizzard didn’t do that and I am very excited to get high elf customization options. I am very happy with the skin and hair colors and the tentacle toggle. I’m not going to push for more, but I do recognize at this point there’s no reason to not give void elves all the blood elf options. We’ve got half of them already. Just give us the rest. Give the Horde the Alliance Elf options too for parity.
    Or all races have features that keep them distinct.

If I play a green eyed elf, I am clearly playing a Blood Elf.
    If I'm a mana addict to the extreme, then I'm clearly playing a Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    That indeed looks like the most ideal spot for new home for Void/High elves. I actually like that their new home would be quite close to their homeland, creating tension with blood elves. I guess it was not implemented due to Quel'thalas itself being not included to EK continent map, but Outland map instead.

I also found a fan made concept of new high elf zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEsgomaSW20&t=184s

I actually like the idea of a city build on mountain plateau. Void elves with their racial ability to open void rifts make it easy to access for them, but difficult for other races. Telogrus Rift could work as a sacred place of pilgrimage for all ren'dorei and thalassians who want to delve into mysteries of the Void, but their new city on Azeroth would be more like place of everyday life.
    Yeah! That's one thing I think that has a lot of potential, the ability of the Void Elves to maintain supply lines on hard to reach places through their rifts. And I really do like the idea of the VE's settling on a place that oversees Quel'thalas, like a looming threat almost hehe, their goals just out of reach. It would also give the alliance a hold in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms, which would be great for that idea of keeping the other faction "in check"

Either way, I would like to see Telogrus itself expanded as a research facility. That would still be the place to truly delve in the mysteries of the Void. Like I'd like that Void Elves and High Elves settle together in Azeroth, but Telogrus remains that place of void study where the elves that want to explore those mysteries go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard you better release the ptr today or another blood elf will be killed tonight in retaliation.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Blizzard you better release the ptr today or another blood elf will be killed tonight in retaliation.
    Uhhh??? based?

Hey wait, isn't druid elf also a magic elf?

I thought all elves were magic elves..that's their thing - MAGIC.

How do you think the druid ones do the things they do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yes, in the early patch 7.3.5 PTR, the area was initially linked to the playable void elf unlock questline. It was named Shadow of Azeroth, and approaching it caused the sky to turn violet akin to the Edge of Reality in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.
    You mean akin to Argus where you enter the void version to fight the Ehtereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Hey wait, isn't druid elf also a magic elf?

I thought all elves were magic elves..that's their thing - MAGIC.

How do you think the druid ones do the things they do?
    WoW has never been shy about the cultural and ideological distinctions of druidic and arcane magic, let's not pretend they are seen as the same thing.

Which IS the interesting thing about elves. Yes, they all are adept to all forms of magic, but it's their group ideologies what lead what "magics" do they use. Do they have taboos against some types? Or do they see all the possibilities of every school? Pretty much a Night Elf to Blood Elf spectrum, with all other derivative elves somewhere in between.

I do think both Blood Elves and Nightborne could learn druidism, but I do think it would be less spiritual and more scholarly than the NE version, more of the "Botanist" Archetype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Urgh, I really wanna know how the hair textures textures are going to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    WoW has never been shy about the cultural and ideological distinctions of druidic and arcane magic, let's not pretend they are seen as the same thing.

Which IS the interesting thing about elves. Yes, they all are adept to all forms of magic, but it's their group ideologies what lead what "magics" do they use. Do they have taboos against some types? Or do they see all the possibilities of every school? Pretty much a Night Elf to Blood Elf spectrum, with all other derivative elves somewhere in between.

I do think both Blood Elves and Nightborne could learn druidism, but I do think it would be less spiritual and more scholarly than the NE version, more of the "Botanist" Archetype.

- - - Updated - - -

Urgh, I really wanna know how the hair textures textures are going to work!!
    Not even sure you'll see the non tentacle hairs in the first build considering how they talked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not even sure you'll see the non tentacle hairs in the first build considering how they talked about it.
    Oh I'm talking mostly about the textures -yeah, I don't think we will be seeing the non tentacly hair this build, but who knows-

My doubt is whether they will copy the BE hair colors into new textures with the tendril, or if they will make the hairstyles themselves just read the BE hair textures -just as they do with the skin tones-

For example, if they do load the BE texture as is, it means that the tentacles would be separated from the rest of the hairstyle, loading a different material; which would work in tandem with the idea of separating hair from tendrils actually.

Kinda like they did with the jewelry who used to be on the skin tone; since they made the VE model load BE skin textures, they just made a new jewelry texture; just like that, but now all hairstyles could use one VE hair texture to load the tendril and it's effects, and load hair color separately.

If that would to be the case, I'd hope the hair bangle would be moved to the jewelry texture; that way, like with draenei jewelry, they could add different colors to it in the future!

You may be right, but it's also possible we'll see it in the first build since the way they described it seems like an on/off switch like the night elf vines option (which already exists so the tech is already there).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Oh I'm talking mostly about the textures -yeah, I don't think we will be seeing the non tentacly hair this build, but who knows-

My doubt is whether they will copy the BE hair colors into new textures with the tendril, or if they will make the hairstyles themselves just read the BE hair textures -just as they do with the skin tones-

For example, if they do load the BE texture as is, it means that the tentacles would be separated from the rest of the hairstyle, loading a different material; which would work in tandem with the idea of separating hair from tendrils actually.

Kinda like they did with the jewelry who used to be on the skin tone; since they made the VE model load BE skin textures, they just made a new jewelry texture; just like that, but now all hairstyles could use one VE hair texture to load the tendril and it's effects, and load hair color separately.

If that would to be the case, I'd hope the hair bangle would be moved to the jewelry texture; that way, like with draenei jewelry, they could add different colors to it in the future!

Ooooh! I want them all!

I'm not even sure we'll see a build today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You may be right, but it's also possible we'll see it in the first build since the way they described it seems like an on/off switch like the night elf vines option (which already exists so the tech is already there).
    Kinda, but it does require splitting the hairstyle meshes, so that would take some time, so who knows.

But, I keep thinking of it, if they DO load the BE hair textures rather than making new ones, it would make sense they split the tendrils so they load a default VE hair texture. So adding the new hair colors and separating the tendrils would be part of the same process.

Ooooh! I want them all!
    yess, same. I made so many of these, but the only difference in the rest is the color of the gem hehe

Bhaha true

Seems like you may be right

Maybe tomorrow? /pray

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Seems like you may be right

Maybe tomorrow? /pray
    Well, they did say this week, so.

Probably best to not think about it.

We did it!!! We did it!!

We really should start pushing for void elf paladins.

We did it!!! We did it!!

We really should start pushing for void elf paladins.
    I don't understand the red/orange choices... They should have added the darker black options, brown, and blue hair options instead.