Ok, I'm definetly gonna make a void elf once they do something about that horrible purple goo racial. This is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You're missing the point of what I was saying, taking it out of context, and fialing to see what I was trying to say.

You took one look at blood elves lose Silvermoon and everything but "NOOO" went out of your head, including reading the rest of what was being said.

Go back and read it. It's all there.
    You said, that they could leave Horde Sin'dorei and Horde Shal'dorei as homeless as they aren't needed in the lore. So, these races should only be used for visuals and that Horde players are forced to see only Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.

What if, these plans of Alliance taking over Lordaeron, Silvermoon and Suramar are just not what Blizzard is planning now? What if, like they have already said, that a Horde vs Alliance expansion just isn't on the cards after BFA? They stated that BFA would serve as one of the last faction war based expansions for a long while...maybe, after the reception of Darnassus and Undercity, destroying racial capitals or giving them to the alternative factions is just not what they want to do?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-03 at 09:00 PM.

So I'm happy about the new options, but I'm concerned about how the blue post only acknowledged Highmountain Tauren and did not mention Void Elves for new customization in the future. I really, really hope they don't think this is enough as literally all new Void Elf options have been straight up copy pasted aside from the purple eyes, on top of the fact the race was a lazy copy paste from the beginning.

Nightborne look incredible now, they clearly put a lot of work into the new options (more than LFD imo). Disgusts me that some players have the audacity to claim Void Elves are spoiled when it took years and thousands of posts just to get simple copy pastes, when players were asking for modified models, animations, and new hairstyles to differentiate from Blood Elves from the beginning. Horde players are so tunnel visioned on copy pasted Blood Elf options that they're completely ignoring how much love Nightborne just received and pushing this narrative that Void Elves are hogging all the dev resources which is laughable.

If we receive a customization pass in the future, it'll be fine, but like I said, I'm really concerned Blizzard might actually think this is enough and just completely skip out on giving Void Elves new options. Hope I'm wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a regular day on PTR the day after high elves are in the game playable xD

There is really some fresh air in the game. Yes yes some people will shout "customisations who cares" but there is sooo much joy suddenly, really cool!
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Just a regular day on PTR the day after high elves are in the game playable xD

There is really some fresh air in the game. Yes yes some people will shout "customisations who cares" but there is sooo much joy suddenly, really cool!
    Hey! Yours is the green hunter with the side pony right? I saw you there earlier!

So many HElves in the barbershop hanging out even tho the chairs don't work bhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I'm happy guys !
    It was a long battle but it was worth it !

Here are my updated characters.

The sin'dorei transmo to rage the horde !
    Hey thats the set my hunter will use! Probably be blond too! And of course with the Survival Hunter mage tower spear with same colors as the bow.

The proper Alleria lookalike playable character, if she was a melee

Btw, Eagleton Tier19 ftw! All colors!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-09-03 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Blast View Post
    So I'm happy about the new options, but I'm concerned about how the blue post only acknowledged Highmountain Tauren and did not mention Void Elves for new customization in the future. I really, really hope they don't think this is enough as literally all new Void Elf options have been straight up copy pasted aside from the purple eyes, on top of the fact the race was a lazy copy paste from the beginning.

Nightborne look incredible now, they clearly put a lot of work into the new options (more than LFD imo). Disgusts me that some players have the audacity to claim Void Elves are spoiled when it took years and thousands of posts just to get simple copy pastes, when players were asking for modified models, animations, and new hairstyles to differentiate from Blood Elves from the beginning. Horde players are so tunnel visioned on copy pasted Blood Elf options that they're completely ignoring how much love Nightborne just received and pushing this narrative that Void Elves are hogging all the dev resources which is laughable.

If we receive a customization pass in the future, it'll be fine, but like I said, I'm really concerned Blizzard might actually think this is enough and just completely skip out on giving Void Elves new options. Hope I'm wrong.
    I've said it elswhere, but I think there's a reason VE's are only getting reused assets for now.

IMO, all the AR customizations were about to come on 10.0, and now they are fast tracking them in order: except for VE's.

Could be just because it was easier for now to just add the BE stuff they already planned on sharing, just like they did with the skins. Like it's not "brand new stuff" but it already gave VEs new options in the meantime. This helps them focus on the AR's that had gotten nothing first.

And speculating a bit, it could also have some lore reasons; as in with the new expansion Void Elves will have evolved more culturally, so perhaps things like hairstyles are linked to that aesthetic evolution. Void Elves NEED a more defined cultural aesthetic, and perhaps it will all be linked together with the narrative of next expansion.

Like we need answers on simple stuff like "can VE's recruit new members?" and if such, how would that impact their cultural aesthetics and identity? Would they delve deeper into Ethereal aesthetics, or evolve a completely new one? A huge issue with VE's is that they don't have a culture, so I'm hoping they are letting that simmer within the narrative to bring it on the forefront next expansion, and to that is what their new customizations will be linked to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Hey! Yours is the green hunter with the side pony right? I saw you there earlier!

So many HElves in the barbershop hanging out even tho the chairs don't work bhaha
    Yeah Which one was yours?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I dont see any problems with Entropic embrace.
    Its not any more immersion-breaking than being a Thornspeaker Kultiran druid who uses astral energy instead of death/decay-part of druidism
    Same. Most of my characters turn red, yellow, grey or some other random color when I pop a cooldown or trinket.

You're missing the point of what I was saying, taking it out of context, and fialing to see what I was trying to say.

You took one look at blood elves lose Silvermoon and everything but "NOOO" went out of your head, including reading the rest of what was being said.

Go back and read it. It's all there.

- - - Updated - - -

They'll probably change it, including the starting sequence. Don't worry.

It's perfect for those who want to play as void elves, but not those who want to play as high elves. a little tweaking should sort that out.

Void embrace or solar embrace (sunwell torrent?). Same thing, different visual. you choose

- - - Updated - - -

Another option would be to just provide a glyph for the racial... like Astral form.
    Yeh, void elves are basically the human buddy high elf that can be playable so they could avoid giving high elves who looked like blood leves, but then eventually just ended up doing so anyway, so now you have 2 thalassian elf factions on the alliance. Which is also fine. It frees night elves now to be night elves as they were originally meant to be, as you now have the thalassian taking on the human friend elf position for your LotR type fantasy.

The Thalassians are a core portion of the alliance, their origin and beginnings in the series is tied directly to the alliance and they are a core part of it's identity. Even when giving the blood elves to the horde, blizzard left the high elves around. Now we have void elves too.

To me that's fine, the driving force of the elves should always be the alliance. And they should be stronger on their because the race is very alliance themed and centred, especially the Thalassians.

Right now the horde doesn't need blood elves being so big on, mi think it would do the faction identity a huge favour if the bulk of elven development sat squarely on the alliance, while the horde remained a token force to allow pretty model options for players who wouldn't play it otherwise, rather than driving huge developments for elves on a faction that clearly has little to nothing in common with it. Blood elves are too alliance in character, and Nightborne too kaldorei - they are blatantly alliance and night elves on the horde - and if they are given limelight on the horde, they detract away from the contrast between the factions making them seem too similar.

the best solutions is to stoop promoting them on the horde, and instead focus on building alliance night elves (with their Highborne, druids and priests ) as hte main centre of all things kaldorei (past and presents) and void elves and high elves to carry on most of the developments regarding Thalassians.

Three options that could take major steps to shifting this perspective amongst players would either be:

1. Take Silvermoon and Suramar to the alliance and convert the blood elves living in them to high elves, and Nightborne to night elves -with only a remnant remaining horde blood elves and true Nightborne on the horde). Compensate the horde losses by adding the city of Zul'aman + amani, City of Zul'drak plus the Drakkari, a city for the Mag'har (my fave location is Warsong hold Borean Tundra), and either a new goblin city (expanded Kezan or undermine) or the Farakki and Zul'farrak - this would reinforce the horde major themes. And whiles blood elves and Nightborne still remain on the horde, they are a very minor part in the larger scheme.

2. Share Silvermoon with the void elves and high elves, Share Suramar with the night elves and Nightborne - this helps reinforce in game the fact that Silvermoon is the home of the high elves, and Suramar the home of the Night elves even though Nightborne are there, but they are night elf off shoot even though on the horde.. same with blood elves.

In this scenario Silvermoon has a enforced sanctuary status and elves don't kill each other or fight to in order to defend the Sunwell and protect their heritage while they argue and try to sway one another to the cause of one of the 3 factions of Thalassians. Meanwhile it's different in Suramar - Nightborne aren't that attached to the horde at all. Blood elf friendship kept them there, when the kaldorei refugees needed homes they were allowed to return to their former capital now having lots of extra space due to the high death toll of the legion. Nightborne do not hate kaldorei, in fact quite the opposite, and events of legion should have removed the last vestiges arcane stigma, now their is a cure and Thalyssra drained the nightwell.

night elves/Nightborne are ancient, the alliance and horde really should be secondary concerns to the, not dominate them. it's so weird to write them as ancient civilizations that have lived for over 10k millennia and dominated the world only to now seem to entirely define themselves by the horde and the alliance.. it's just poor, it's as if they write something and forget the main description and what it means.. they need to fix that, a capital share would achieve this.

3. Create 2 great new cities for both Night elves and the alliance Thalassians. That show off the best of the kaldorei people and the high elf and void elf. So while Silvermoon and Suramar remain horde, basically these new homes for night elves and void elves with high elves blow them out of the water. in this scenario, the horde elves are untouched, but most of the elven developments are now done and advanced on the alliance, whereas on the horde, focus is given to the orcs, trolls tauren, goblins etc.

This is what they should do in order of preference. 1 would be the best, if not 2, if not 3.
    This was exactly what you wrote, there are many other posts where you also say similar things about stripping the blood elves and the nightborne of all their lore and aesthetics and not giving them anything, because the lore and the aesthetics and the development of the story must be only for the alliance

Yeah Which one was yours?
    I think I was on my priest, she was on questing robes with the Elsharin blonde hair XD

Sadly I can't update my namesake until they add the black hair color to the ptr

But here's my warrior!

And my hunter!

Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-04 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    This was exactly what you wrote, there are many other posts where you also say similar things about stripping the blood elves and the nightborne of all their lore and aesthetics and not giving them anything, because the lore and the aesthetics and the development of the story must be only for the alliance
    Except that isn't all I wrote, and do you understand what I was trying to say here? Cause it doesn't look like you did.

Today it was pretty chill hanging around with HE players outside the barbershop! Been loving how it has become the hangout spot for HE fans and info gets passed around.

Which reminds me! If you set your resolution to 1600x900, the barbershop chairs can be used without crashing (well, it does still crash sometimes, but for me it was like on my 6 change hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Sadly I can't update my namesake until they add the black hair color to the ptr

But here's my warrior!

And my hunter!

Nice!! they look awesome ! Cant wait till next wee for the rest of the colors :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Home:

Everybody gangster 'til the trees of the Hinterlands start speaking Thalassian:

Yin & Yang:

Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2021-09-04 at 10:08 AM.

Don't know if this is normal for the PTR but the void elf intro is beeing marked as work in progress

while the night elf intro remains normal

*puts the tinfoil hat on*
    What if they actually remake the whole race a bit? New race standard portrait (maybe split face half blue half blondish)?
    Don't want to dash hopes, but every cinematic in the PTR has that by default. Try creating another race and you will see.

Except that isn't all I wrote, and do you understand what I was trying to say here? Cause it doesn't look like you did.
    I believe that Tanaria tells the truth. you always said that the alliance should conquer suramar and silvermoon, that the few blood elves and nightborne that remained in the horde should not have any development in lore and no city. that all development and all the lore of the elves should only be given to the alliance and that the development of the horde should only be for orcs or tauren.
    But tell us how is your vision of what would happen to the blood elves and the nightborne once they lose their homes? What development would they have? Whenever you talked about this, the only thing you said was "give the zulaman horde a change or create a new maghar capital somewhere" but you never said anything about the blood elves and the nightborne because the horde according to you should have the playable model but nothing more than that.
    So please tell us what would be the future of the blood elves and the nightborne? I suppose that it would no longer be just that the horde has the model then what will happen to them and their story?
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-09-04 at 11:55 AM.

I believe that Tanaria tells the truth. you always said that the alliance should conquer suramar and silvermoon, that the few blood elves and nightborne that remained in the horde should not have any development in lore and no city. that all development and all the lore of the elves should only be given to the alliance and that the development of the horde should only be for orcs or tauren.
    But tell us how is your vision of what would happen to the blood elves and the nightborne once they lose their homes? What development would they have? Whenever you talked about this, the only thing you said was "give the zulaman horde a change or create a new maghar capital somewhere" but you never said anything about the blood elves and the nightborne because the horde according to you should have the playable model but nothing more than that.
    The only thing Ravenmoon has said that it can be cool and beautiful and telling us to "think Castle Rathria or Nazjatar" neither of which, are Blood Elven or Nightborne. And this is only after about 3 expansions (which is roughly 12 years on average.)

It can be cool, but we need all the lore characters of the Nightborne and Sin'dorei to go Alliance, so I don't know who we've got. "You'll just get new ones" - is the likely response, but Blood Elf fans and Nightborne fans don't want new ones. Even those who'd like Kael'thas back, don't want new characters being made up.

He also talks about fel and death themes being a big thing in Sin'dorei society. No - I can't keep repeating this, but fel magic is NOT a big thing in Quel'Thalas. It wasn't during the TBC era. You could remove the Warlock class from the Blood Elves and it wouldn't make any impact on the future story of the Sin'dorei.
    The High Elf exile bore fruit because of the arcane practice of draining magic out of Quel'Thalas mana-wildlife. That is what the Rangers and Priests who took exile, didn't like. They were not fussed of the few who took up to practice fel magic. (And it was a few - many just embraced arcane draining and using fire magic. Indeed, the majority of Blood Elves remained as Mages.)
    Death is also something that only impacted those few Sunfury who got lost in Northrend and were then raised into the San'layn. Overall, barring Dark'han, undead Thalassians have no impact in the current Quel'Thalas society. Only Dark'han and Sylvanas did, during the TBC era. Both are now considered traitors to the Elven people.

And I don't understand his idea. It's as though night elves and high/void elves, don't get lore if Sin'dorei or Shal'dorei are getting lore. Did the Darkshore Warfront story not happen in 8.1, because the Sin'dorei heritage armor questline was also happening? No.
    And the way Blizzard have wrote the High Elves - they need the Blood Elves to get story. High Elf fans won't like this, but think back to every time we've seen the High Elves in the story, post TBC. For them to be relevant relies heavily on the Blood Elves or Void Elves being part of the story. More so, the former because it gives the few High Elves a story.

And your right, I do tell the truth, even if it means the Blood Elves are not this "big number 1, race."
    For example, do Blood Elves make decent Warlocks? Yes, I suppose. Are they masters of wielding fel magic? No, I'd say that goes to the Eredar and if we're talking about the playable races, then the Orcs take that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The only thing Ravenmoon has said that it can be cool and beautiful and telling us to "think Castle Rathria or Nazjatar" neither of which, are Blood Elven or Nightborne. And this is only after about 3 expansions (which is roughly 12 years on average.)

It can be cool, but we need all the lore characters of the Nightborne and Sin'dorei to go Alliance, so I don't know who we've got. "You'll just get new ones" - is the likely response, but Blood Elf fans and Nightborne fans don't want new ones. Even those who'd like Kael'thas back, don't want new characters being made up.

He also talks about fel and death themes being a big thing in Sin'dorei society. No - I can't keep repeating this, but fel magic is NOT a big thing in Quel'Thalas. It wasn't during the TBC era. You could remove the Warlock class from the Blood Elves and it wouldn't make any impact on the future story of the Sin'dorei.
    The High Elf exile bore fruit because of the arcane practice of draining magic out of Quel'Thalas mana-wildlife. That is what the Rangers and Priests who took exile, didn't like. They were not fussed of the few who took up to practice fel magic. (And it was a few - many just embraced arcane draining and using fire magic. Indeed, the majority of Blood Elves remained as Mages.)
    Death is also something that only impacted those few Sunfury who got lost in Northrend and were then raised into the San'layn. Overall, barring Dark'han, undead Thalassians have no impact in the current Quel'Thalas society. Only Dark'han and Sylvanas did, during the TBC era. Both are now considered traitors to the Elven people.

And I don't understand his idea. It's as though night elves and high/void elves, don't get lore if Sin'dorei or Shal'dorei are getting lore. Did the Darkshore Warfront story not happen in 8.1, because the Sin'dorei heritage armor questline was also happening? No.
    And the way Blizzard have wrote the High Elves - they need the Blood Elves to get story. High Elf fans won't like this, but think back to every time we've seen the High Elves in the story, post TBC. For them to be relevant relies heavily on the Blood Elves or Void Elves being part of the story. More so, the former because it gives the few High Elves a story.

And your right, I do tell the truth, even if it means the Blood Elves are not this "big number 1, race."
    For example, do Blood Elves make decent Warlocks? Yes, I suppose. Are they masters of wielding fel magic? No, I'd say that goes to the Eredar and if we're talking about the playable races, then the Orcs take that slot.
    Castle Rathria?? what is that?

was the warlock leader a human? I think I remember that he was.

I do not remember all the publications of ravenmoon but I do remember his desire to turn the elves of the horde into nothing more than the model and give them nothing else.

But if he now changes his mind I would like to know what he thinks about how the development of the blood elves and the nightborne should be

Castle Rathria?? what is that?
    Sorry, ridiculous auto-correct, I meant to say "Castle Nathria." The Venthyr raid.

- - - Updated - - -

was the warlock leader a human? I think I remember that he was.

I do not remember all the publications of ravenmoon but I do remember his desire to turn the elves of the horde into nothing more than the model and give them nothing else.

But if he now changes his mind I would like to know what he thinks about how the development of the blood elves and the nightborne should be
    Yes - the most famous Warlock (shock, horror) goes between an Orc (Gul'dan) and a Human (Kanrethad.)

I remember what Ravenmoon has said and basically, Blood Elves are all things "fel" and "death" because "dats so cool guys!" Fel and Death have only come together in 1 instance and that was with the Orcs in the Second War, when the first death knights were raised by the Orc Warlocks. Aside from that, the two areas have been kept apart.

And he won't tell us what Blizzard should do. Only that we can have something that look beautiful and nice, but it comes 2-3 expansions after the next one. (so, it's about 12-14 years.) We need to think of Castle Nathria or Nazjatar, but it can't be Silvermoon or Suramar - we just can't have those anymore. (I mean, it's not like Blizzard are in a rush to repeat Darnassus or Undercity again - not with the horrible messages, that Christie Golden and other employees received. I don't like their writing style, but you are a scummy person if you send threats like that. I know emotions were running high with Darnassus - but that isn't the Blood Elf fans' problem.)

Blizzard have also said that they are not doing another Horde vs Alliance expansion. I mean, it's not only the Horde Elves that he wants out of their rightful homes. Horde Forsaken should go to Icecrown and have "Minas Morgul-like" themes and Highmountain Tauren should move to Stonetalon Mountains, because the Broken Isles should be entirely Alliance.
    So Alliance get the whole of the Eastern Kingdoms, all the Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and good portions of Western Kalimdor.
    Horde get a few zones in Eastern Kalimdor, a location or two around Northrend and Zandalar. Oh - we might get Pandaria - because Horde fans go nuts for the Panda People, amiright?

I just ignore anything about Kezan, because the land is inhabitable since Deathwing and the Volcano. Goblins are just a background race, like Gnomes.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-04 at 12:46 PM.