15+ Year Old Account
    High elf / blonde void elf hype is good and I am all on the hype train. And I love seeing all those high elves running around in stormwind.

And yes it was dump to give blood elves to the horde.

Yet IT HAPPENED. And it was actually really long time ago. The game already has enough retcons and inconsistencies. So Silvermoon should always be the blood elf capital in my opinion. Some things need to be accepted as a fact even if the history was weird.

I am repeating myself but I think high elves as outcasts are very cool and fit very good into the alliance cities. Maybe we could get some siege outposts around silvermoon to annoy the blood elves with high elf guerillia stuff. Yes I know alleria doesn't want this, but it would be cool for the gameplay.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    High elf / blonde void elf hype is good and I am all on the hype train. And I love seeing all those high elves running around in stormwind.

And yes it was dump to give blood elves to the horde.

Yet IT HAPPENED. And it was actually really long time ago. The game already has enough retcons and inconsistencies. So Silvermoon should always be the blood elf capital in my opinion. Some things need to be accepted as a fact even if the history was weird.

I am repeating myself but I think high elves as outcasts are very cool and fit very good into the alliance cities. Maybe we could get some siege outposts around silvermoon to annoy the blood elves with high elf guerillia stuff. Yes I know alleria doesn't want this, but it would be cool for the gameplay.
    High Elves causing trouble in QT can be good, so long as the story is told from the Blood Elf player's perspective.
    It happened when the Night Elves set up their spying operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Sorry, ridiculous auto-correct, I meant to say "Castle Nathria." The Venthyr raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - the most famous Warlock (shock, horror) goes between an Orc (Gul'dan) and a Human (Kanrethad.)

I remember what Ravenmoon has said and basically, Blood Elves are all things "fel" and "death" because "dats so cool guys!" Fel and Death have only come together in 1 instance and that was with the Orcs in the First War, when the first death knights were raised by the Orc Warlocks. Aside from that, the two areas have been kept apart.

And he won't tell us what Blizzard should do. Only that we can have something that look beautiful and nice, but it comes 2-3 expansions after the next one. (so, it's about 12-14 years.) We need to think of Castle Nathria or Nazjatar, but it can't be Silvermoon or Suramar - we just can't have those anymore. (I mean, it's not like Blizzard are in a rush to repeat Darnassus or Undercity again - not with the horrible messages, that Christie Golden and other employees received. I don't like their writing style, but you are a scummy person if you send threats like that. I know emotions were running high with Darnassus - but that isn't the Blood Elf fans' problem.)

Blizzard have also said that they are not doing another Horde vs Alliance expansion. I mean, it's not only the Horde Elves that he wants out of their rightful homes. Horde Forsaken should go to Icecrown and have "Minas Morgul-like" themes and Highmountain Tauren should move to Stonetalon Mountains, because the Broken Isles should be entirely Alliance.
    So Alliance get the whole of the Eastern Kingdoms, all the Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and good portions of Western Kalimdor.
    Horde get a few zones in Eastern Kalimdor, a location or two around Northrend and Zandalar. Oh - we might get Pandaria - because Horde fans go nuts for the Panda People, amiright?

I just ignore anything about Kezan, because the land is inhabitable since Deathwing and the Volcano. Goblins are just a background race, like Gnomes.
    Does he literally want us in the realm of death? LOL

Whoever says fel and undead are important to blood elves knows nothing about lore and doesn't understand blood elves. I am totally opposed to sanlayn and undead elf as customization because it is totally against lore and blood elf aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Does he literally want us in the realm of death? LOL

Whoever says fel and undead are important to blood elves knows nothing about lore and doesn't understand blood elves. I am totally opposed to sanlayn and undead elf as customization because it is totally against lore and blood elf aesthetics.
    He's likely not the only one - but I reckon it's due to Kael'thas being involved with Castle Nathria. He's put one and one together, but made 3. The Venthyr and Sin'dorei are NOT, in anyway, related.

Some of the deceased Sunfury might have become Venthyr - but that's not different than the Scarlet Humans, like Houndmaster Loksey who are in Revendreth. Also, the sinstone of the Night Elf Priestess during the War of the Shifting Sands.
    Revendreth is not Sin'dorei. Nathria is not related to them, nor is the style of the raid, Sin'dorei-related.

I mean, Blood Elves have blue and golden eyes. If Ravenmoon got his wish, would these features no longer be available to the Blood Elves? In his mind, would giving Blood Elves the DH features and the "death knight" features, be ways to make up for losing blue and golden eyes? "More fel features, because that can be a big blood elf story, later on - maybe 2-3 expansions time."

I personally, don't mind San'layn/Dark Ranger customization's (we can agree to disagree), but what I stand against is them becoming a core part of Blood Elf society.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-04 at 12:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With regards to Elven stories going forwards, I think Silvermoon is unified and solid as the Blood Elven capitol and the Horde's last major stronghold on the Eastern Kingdoms. For Void Elves, their reunification with High Elven wayfarers in Telogrus Rift and connection to Stormwind could explain the new appearances (outside of Silver Covenant/Outland High Elves).

I think we could see the Void/High Elves travel north back up to Lordaeron and have a foothold up there. If they every did update Silvermoon and bring it into the Eastern Kingdoms it would be restored with the Void/High Elves being the aggressors taking over the role from Prospector Anvilward and the Night Elves in the Ghostlands. This would be from a Blood Elven POV so showing the Void Elves dangers with their void magics and go over the Dar'Khan Drathir story with the Void Elves in Ghostlands as well as the every present Trolls threat. I still think the Undead should be there, in the Dead Scar, but the Ghostlands should be partially recovered and Silvermoon restored.

You could cover the fall of Silvermoon, the rise of the Blood Elves including Kael'thas, the split with the Void/High Elves and the current stability Lor'themar brings. I think the ultimate ending to the storyline has to the Void Elves pushed to the edges of the Ghostlands to solidify the Horde in Eastern Kingdoms.

In terms of future expansions I expect Light to be a prominent theme (potential Lightbound on Azeroth, Alliance fracturing with Turalyon at the head or a Shadowlands-esque theme of Light world). Of the Horde races I would expect Blood Elves, Undead and Mag'har to be most strongly used whilst for the Alliance it would likely be Humans, Draenei and Void Elves.

The Dark Rangers that did not join Sylvanas at the end of BFA exist and have Blood Elf models, similar to Warlocks they could be on the edges of Blood Elven society. They could easily add a skin and red eyes for those wanting to look that way and even a few options to appease San'layn requests. In a similar way if they introduced the Night Elven Dark Rangers to the Alliance they would be Night Elf customization.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The funniest thing to me was Blood Elf fans using Nightborne as a battering ram against Void Elf/High Elf options. "Nightborne are neglected and barely playable and have the fewest options and then you dare give Void Elves hair color options!?!?!?!"

Hi-larious.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The funniest thing to me was Blood Elf fans using Nightborne as a battering ram against Void Elf/High Elf options. "Nightborne are neglected and barely playable and have the fewest options and then you dare give Void Elves hair color options!?!?!?!"

Hi-larious.
    Wasnt it cus void elf parade hyjacked the thread? With void paladin spam etc etc

The only thing Ravenmoon has said that it can be cool and beautiful and telling us to "think Castle Rathria or Nazjatar" neither of which, are Blood Elven or Nightborne. And this is only after about 3 expansions (which is roughly 12 years on average.)

It can be cool, but we need all the lore characters of the Nightborne and Sin'dorei to go Alliance, so I don't know who we've got. "You'll just get new ones" - is the likely response, but Blood Elf fans and Nightborne fans don't want new ones. Even those who'd like Kael'thas back, don't want new characters being made up.

He also talks about fel and death themes being a big thing in Sin'dorei society. No - I can't keep repeating this, but fel magic is NOT a big thing in Quel'Thalas. It wasn't during the TBC era. You could remove the Warlock class from the Blood Elves and it wouldn't make any impact on the future story of the Sin'dorei.
    The High Elf exile bore fruit because of the arcane practice of draining magic out of Quel'Thalas mana-wildlife. That is what the Rangers and Priests who took exile, didn't like. They were not fussed of the few who took up to practice fel magic. (And it was a few - many just embraced arcane draining and using fire magic. Indeed, the majority of Blood Elves remained as Mages.)
    Death is also something that only impacted those few Sunfury who got lost in Northrend and were then raised into the San'layn. Overall, barring Dark'han, undead Thalassians have no impact in the current Quel'Thalas society. Only Dark'han and Sylvanas did, during the TBC era. Both are now considered traitors to the Elven people.

And I don't understand his idea. It's as though night elves and high/void elves, don't get lore if Sin'dorei or Shal'dorei are getting lore. Did the Darkshore Warfront story not happen in 8.1, because the Sin'dorei heritage armor questline was also happening? No.
    And the way Blizzard have wrote the High Elves - they need the Blood Elves to get story. High Elf fans won't like this, but think back to every time we've seen the High Elves in the story, post TBC. For them to be relevant relies heavily on the Blood Elves or Void Elves being part of the story. More so, the former because it gives the few High Elves a story.

And your right, I do tell the truth, even if it means the Blood Elves are not this "big number 1, race."
    For example, do Blood Elves make decent Warlocks? Yes, I suppose. Are they masters of wielding fel magic? No, I'd say that goes to the Eredar and if we're talking about the playable races, then the Orcs take that slot.
    Well, I actually think that it's not that important that fel and death themes are rather minor in the whole thalassian culture fór getting such customizations. Highborne are not major part of kaldorei society, but we got handful of customizations to reflect them.

There are undead elves in the Horde for years, it's part of the Horde fantasy, so it's reasonable players want to have playable undead elves. That fantasy is delivered on blood elf models, so most efficient way seems to implement undead customizations to blood elves. Adding them to Forsaken might be option too, but it would require way more effort, so I think it's not that possible option eventually.

Adding that feature does not need to affect the direction of whole sin'dorei society. It might just reflect the fact that there are undead elves within the Horde. It's just a way for players to fullfil their RP needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, I actually think that it's not that important that fel and death themes are rather minor in the whole thalassian culture fór getting such customizations. Highborne are not major part of kaldorei society, but we got handful of customizations to reflect them.

There are undead elves in the Horde for years, it's part of the Horde fantasy, so it's reasonable players want to have playable undead elves. That fantasy is delivered on blood elf models, so most efficient way seems to implement undead customizations to blood elves. Adding them to Forsaken might be option too, but it would require way more effort, so I think it's not that possible option eventually.

Adding that feature does not need to affect the direction of whole sin'dorei society. It might just reflect the fact that there are undead elves within the Horde. It's just a way for players to fullfil their RP needs.
    Yes, to the idea of some red eyes and more pasty white skin to resemble the Dark Rangers (one could easily RP a San'layn if they chose a Blood Elf Mage or Blood Elf Shadow Priest.) Again though, the "Dark Rangers" still remain a staple core to the Forsaken, but maybe the Thalassian Dark Rangers are the ones who have more dealings with the Sin'dorei Farstriders.
    Not sure where the Kaldorei Dark Rangers go - unless they join the Nightborne Nighthunters or mainly work with the Forsaken Humans?

But with fel, arguably we already have those features with the green eyes. Demon Hunters are a whole different kettle of fish.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-04 at 03:23 PM.

Yes, to the idea of some red eyes and more pasty white skin to resemble the Dark Rangers (one could easily RP a San'layn if they chose a Blood Elf Mage or Blood Elf Shadow Priest.) Again though, the "Dark Rangers" still remain a staple core to the Forsaken, but maybe the Thalassian Dark Rangers are the ones who have more dealings with the Sin'dorei Farstriders.
    Not sure where the Kaldorei Dark Rangers go - unless they join the Nightborne Nighthunters or mainly work with the Forsaken Humans?

But with fel, arguably we already have those features with the green eyes. Demon Hunters are a whole different kettle of fish.
    To be honest, I don't really care about fel customizations. As you said, green eyes and perhaps darker skin tones are enough. Runic tattoos would be way cooler, and if we could select the color of tattoos, green ones would work too.

I'm curious about night elf dark rangers. They still might rejoin their people, with Tyrande going on renewal path. I don't think Horde needs them anyway. It just feels more right to join people you died for instead of people who genocided your race.

To be honest, I don't really care about fel customizations. As you said, green eyes and perhaps darker skin tones are enough. Runic tattoos would be way cooler, and if we could select the color of tattoos, green ones would work too.

I'm curious about night elf dark rangers. They still might rejoin their people, with Tyrande going on renewal path. I don't think Horde needs them anyway. It just feels more right to join people you died for instead of people who genocided your race.
    Maybe the tattoos could work, if they're "Rommath" style.
    I wouldn't want "copy/paste" from the Demon Hunter because Blood Elf Warlocks in Silvermoon and Blood Elf Illidari Demon Hunters are basically night and day. So different it's ridiculous.

Also, we do have some darker skin tones, so truly - we have the Warlock features and they equally calculate to the same amount of features the night elves got for their "Highborne" side.

Hi-larious.

It is natural that many people, including me, want mana hands and hair with mana effect

We don't have the npc customization yet! Although I would rather this be discussed in the nightborne thread

- - - Updated - - -

It is part of the forsaken fantasy not of the blood elves. elf customization for the forsaken. the dark ranger fought against quelthalas served their mistress! the dark ranger are loyal to the forsaken and serve the forsaken leaders! never at any time did any dark ranger do anything for quelthalas they always worked loyally for the forsaken.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-09-04 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

It is natural that many people, including me, want mana hands and hair with mana effect

We don't have the npc customization yet! Although I would rather this be discussed in the nightborne thread
    It's not about Nightborne coming up short or not or having things they could use (btw, trolls could use beards too if we're on that topic)

It's about the gall a lot of Blood Elf fans have to call Blizzard biased towards Void Elves when they get 2(3?) new options in this entire patch compared to the 14 new additions to existing categories or new categories as a whole added to Nightborne.

It's not about Nightborne coming up short or not or having things they could use (btw, trolls could use beards too if we're on that topic)

It's about the gall a lot of Blood Elf fans have to call Blizzard biased towards Void Elves when they get 2(3?) new options in this entire patch compared to the 14 new additions to existing categories or new categories as a whole added to Nightborne.
    Wasn't this argument used before Nightborne got their features? Nightborne were one of the biggest races in Legion (their story basically kept Legion going, narrative wise), yet had such limited customization.

In this respect, Void Elves and Mag'har were treated with new features, leaving the other allied races, in the dust.

Blizzard stated that they were focusing on the Nightborne and Lightforged - Void Elves will get more Void-based options, but it's just not yet.

Nightborne fans and Blood Elf fans were right about the Nightborne being the most underwhelming race in regards to features, despite their amazing story in Legion. This race is only just catching up now.

Wasn't this argument used before Nightborne got their features? Nightborne were one of the biggest races in Legion (their story basically kept Legion going, narrative wise), yet had such limited customization.

In this respect, Void Elves and Mag'har were treated with new features, leaving the other allied races, in the dust.

Blizzard stated that they were focusing on the Nightborne and Lightforged - Void Elves will get more Void-based options, but it's just not yet.

Nightborne fans and Blood Elf fans were right about the Nightborne being the most underwhelming race in regards to features, despite their amazing story in Legion. This race is only just catching up now.
    It is normal for nightborne players to feel that the void elves were given what they wanted in their customization even after the announcement they also gave them more hair colors and the option to hide tentacles and the nightborne do not have what they always asked for which is to look like the npcs! not having mana hands or mana effects is definitely a failure in nightborne customization.
    but we should talk about this on the nightborne thread

This is in 9.1.5 threads, post-previews.

This is in 9.1.5 threads, post-previews.
    Ahh, I don't go into threads like that.
    I think all this stuff goes both ways.

Velf fans don't want Nightborne to be updated and vise-versa. I've seen some helf fans calling it a "waste of resources" to update nightborne.

I think we're going through a very "Anti-Horde" on the internet. It needs to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja Blast View Post
    So I'm happy about the new options, but I'm concerned about how the blue post only acknowledged Highmountain Tauren and did not mention Void Elves for new customization in the future. I really, really hope they don't think this is enough as literally all new Void Elf options have been straight up copy pasted aside from the purple eyes, on top of the fact the race was a lazy copy paste from the beginning.

Nightborne look incredible now, they clearly put a lot of work into the new options (more than LFD imo). Disgusts me that some players have the audacity to claim Void Elves are spoiled when it took years and thousands of posts just to get simple copy pastes, when players were asking for modified models, animations, and new hairstyles to differentiate from Blood Elves from the beginning. Horde players are so tunnel visioned on copy pasted Blood Elf options that they're completely ignoring how much love Nightborne just received and pushing this narrative that Void Elves are hogging all the dev resources which is laughable.

If we receive a customization pass in the future, it'll be fine, but like I said, I'm really concerned Blizzard might actually think this is enough and just completely skip out on giving Void Elves new options. Hope I'm wrong.

You're not fooling anybody, Varodoc.

Honestly, the hype for the patch is dying for me. When it's all said and done, Void Elves didnt get anything "new", they got copy-pasted options and a lazy tentacle toggle switch that leaves giant gaps in many hairstyles. As if the males need even more male pattern baldness. The rest of the patch is almost all QOL changes, and catch up mechanics for alts. Shadowlands still lacks content, and the Alliance is still empty.

Basically, since SL gave us no new classes, races, or class/race combos, this is the perfect time to hotfix in Void Elf paladins. Really live up to the "Alliance High Elves!" hype they want. The Alliance is missing one class/race combo anyway. The Void Elves were already a lazy addition with 5 minutes of lore to their name, slapping together last minute "Void Knights" wouldnt hurt anything. Its not like there's other class/race combos that make no sense or have no lore ever stopped them.

Ahh, I don't go into threads like that.
    I think all this stuff goes both ways.

Velf fans don't want Nightborne to be updated and vise-versa. I've seen some helf fans calling it a "waste of resources" to update nightborne.

I think we're going through a very "Anti-Horde" on the internet. It needs to stop.
    I want nightborne updates I play more than just void elves.