Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Okay the roleplaying on the PTR was on new heights.

SW barber shop full of high elves.

A BE rogue named "Sindorei" killing all high elves xD

Logged to my night elf warrior then he ran away
    lol, he's still upset about high elves days later. glad you kicked his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I want them to get human hairstyles, not blood elf ones. Human hairstyles + short ear options would basically complete the half-elf RP.
    That would be pretty neat; if anything it fits both HE and VE because humans really are the race they have more interaction with as we only see VE's in Azeroth hanging out in Stormwind (and as you say, the whole idea that HE's have assimilated into humanity already fits in with half elf rp)

So yeah, if a hair swap happens again -and I hope it does- I'd like if VE's swapped hair styles with humans.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That would be pretty neat; if anything it fits both HE and VE because humans really are the race they have more interaction with as we only see VE's in Azeroth hanging out in Stormwind (and as you say, the whole idea that HE's have assimilated into humanity already fits in with half elf rp)

So yeah, if a hair swap happens again -and I hope it does- I'd like if VE's swapped hair styles with humans.
    Now I really hope it happens! If I had any art skills, I'd try swapping the hairstyles from humans to void elves to see what they would look like. I'd probably mess it up though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    And alliance/High Elves not having Silvermoon, Suramar, Lordaeron and Highmountain, isn't the end of the world, either.
    No it isn't Tany, but I'm not the one raging in consternation at the status quo.. While i didn't like that they gave the horde Suramar for obvious reasons, notice how I also accept it is there. The issue is you and Rhlor just go bonkers at any suggestion that they lose these cities regardless of what is being said or the context with which it is giving, you just can't seem to process, which makes having conversation that are intelligent on such unexpected developments very difficult with you.

It's like you can't even discuss such possibilities even though we both know they are extremely unlikely to happen. The point of having discussion boards is to discuss all kinds of scenarios, if you get very offended at suggestions you don't like and are unable to engage meaningfully in the context and subject that such suggestions are brought up, then you can't contribute constructively at all, which you proved back then. I had to repeat myself so many times, and you still weren't getting it.

You do realise I don't hate blood elves, and I don't play high elves either right? Despite the fact that I do like high elves and feel it is right they are playable, blood elves are enough for me to fulfil that fantasy, and i am happy with void elves being purple (all mine are). You also realise I did write a benefits scenario of the Nightborne joining the horde too, so haven't been vehemently opposed to it at all, i was opposed to how they did it when they did it, but I am a fairly open person. You do realise I play Nightborne too and quite like them right?

yet despite my like for night elves there are many thing s about them done in game I am not satisfied with and feel they could be and should be done better, same with all the elven groups, and I explore many scenarios and situations with whatever goal the topic at hand concerns. If it is faction balance, or re-aligning faction themes, I stand by what I said was the best options and I explored it thoroughly. Just because you heavily oppose or don't like even the idea (because it hasn't happened yet, it's just an idea) of Silvermoon and Suramar returning to the high elves and night elves as opposed tot he sub faction blood elves and Nightborne, doesn't mean it's horrible, bad or should not be considered ide or topic for discussion.

you are free to dislike ofc, but, why get so emotional over something you know is very unlikely to happen? Why not feel free to explore the idea. I've explored the idea of the night elves going horde fully, without getting angry and emotional, enough to be able to outline it's merit. I've also explored them never joining those 2 main factions and being their own, which is my preferred position. But I'm not butt hurt they are in the alliance, the alliance fits them better like it does all elven races, given their current nature. It does, still even though that's the case, blood elves and nightborne are on the horde. They don't fit that well, that's the truth, but it's not relevant, because they are there anyway, they aren't going anywhere now.

to get angry that I state the obvious they don't fit, is silly, then to balk at suggestions on how we can engineer them to fit more in line with e horde themes because you are angry is equally silly, if you approached it pragmatically, like you sometimes do, sure there are reasons that can be positive for them to remain in the more alliance mindset and traditions of the horde, and I would agree, however form the context of having distinct faction themes, that isn't a good thing (again from that context only),.Having distinct faction themes is not the be all and all and necessarily the only way to progress or "fix" wow.. just because I feel it is the best way to restore part of the distinctiveness and powerful dichotomy warcraft had which I believe was a huge part of it's charm, doesn't mean that not doing the best approach is doomed or a failure. Doesn't mean that new evolutions won't work just as well or even better in time.. they just won't be the old warcraft..

See, nothing to get upset about. you aren't losing Silvermoon or Suramar, no need to go into a tiffle at the barest hint of the mention of it, every time.

While I know all this means a lot to you, don't you think it's too much? you try so hard, police the forums so vigilantly for comments that might turn public opinion in favour of the alliance elves, isn't itt exhausting? Your mental health, your well being, your peace of mind, dependent on what some random forum person posts that you have to quickly oppose in case the developers see this and think this might be a good thing to do - and you just can't have that. Should this poor fantasy have such a grip on your life, your time, your thoughts and activity? Is it actually worth the energy and emotional marathon it's making you run? Do you ahve to be in control of something you know you can't control, and isn't within your power to directly change only for a chance at possibly influencing it?

Wouldn't it just be easier to just enjoy the ride wherever it may go and trust that the devs will do something good for every race regardless, and while voicing your opinions and desires is okay, what I'm concerned about for you is the degree you've emotionally and psychologically invested in something that is totally out of your hands and isn't even real. It's just entertainment. Be free Tanaria. that's my wish for you. Enjoy warcraft, but don't let it become a chain on your life. Such a "make belief" thing should have such power over you, a human being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Of course, I am not going to like the blood elves and the nightborne to lose their homes and not get anything in return. and in this post you still don't tell me what the great future would have been for the nightborne and blood elves according to your plan.
    You only needed to read the rest of the conversations in that section, and several others you resonded to, where I repeated this a few times, and went into some detail. My essay days are done on warcraft.. It's all there.

For the purpose of the context and sub section of the topic it involved, the proposal fit, but there was more to it i expanded on sa the discussion developed. the reason i didn't initially go into it, was because the focus was not developing or redevleoping the blood elves, but of restoring and boosting the alliance so it woudl draw players back. Ofc I won't go into depth of what should become of the blood elves, cos they aren't my focus, but I did in the end, quite a few times for you and other blood elf fans' sakes. Refer to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    SNIP
    You do you, with endless Night Elf threads and I'll do me.

If I was this engaged to Night Elf lore, you'd be championing me right now - because it's for the Horde Sin'dorei, and I'm simply expressing my wishes for my favorite race. For starters, they need their starter zone updating, with Silvermoon completely done (including the Ruins of Silvermoon.) Many people are passionate about their preferred races.

And you don't accept that Silvermoon and Suramar are Horde. Everytime, you want the cities either shared or given to the Alliance. The latter isn't even a proper functioning Horde City anyway. Hell, you've even spoke about Lordaeron and Highmountain going to the Alliance - so that's 4 Horde races that have been displaced for no reason and to expect that happens in a none-red vs blue expansion, is just laughable. Blizzard have already said that BFA would be a last red vs blue expansion, for a number of years. Good, because the last one was a disaster.

And both you and Rhlor are wrong about Suramar. It's not part of the Horde content - we literally only have the Nighthold and that's it. We don't get the "Grand City of Suramar." We literally just get a small circle, no bigger than Stormwind Park + a bit of the Mage District.

And if Night Elves get a new city in Hyjal, then Blood Elves should get an updated Suramar. Hell, the idea of a Quel'Thalas Warfront is enough that they can bring Quel'Thalas and Azuremyst Isle out of the Outland Maps and connect them back to the Azeroth Maps.

I predict a Void Elf/High Elf City to be made, but either in Duskwood (or the Stormwind-Human Province), or in Telogrus.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-05 at 11:51 AM.

No it isn't Tany, but I'm not the one raging in consternation at the status quo.. While i didn't like that they gave the horde Suramar for obvious reasons, notice how I also accept it is there. The issue is you and Rhlor just go bonkers at any suggestion that they lose these cities regardless of what is being said or the context with which it is giving, you just can't seem to process, which makes having conversation that are intelligent on such unexpected developments very difficult with you.

It's like you can't even discuss such possibilities even though we both know they are extremely unlikely to happen. The point of having discussion boards is to discuss all kinds of scenarios, if you get very offended at suggestions you don't like and are unable to engage meaningfully in the context and subject that such suggestions are brought up, then you can't contribute constructively at all, which you proved back then. I had to repeat myself so many times, and you still weren't getting it.

You do realise I don't hate blood elves, and I don't play high elves either right? Despite the fact that I do like high elves and feel it is right they are playable, blood elves are enough for me to fulfil that fantasy, and i am happy with void elves being purple (all mine are). You also realise I did write a benefits scenario of the Nightborne joining the horde too, so haven't been vehemently opposed to it at all, i was opposed to how they did it when they did it, but I am a fairly open person. You do realise I play Nightborne too and quite like them right?

yet despite my like for night elves there are many thing s about them done in game I am not satisfied with and feel they could be and should be done better, same with all the elven groups, and I explore many scenarios and situations with whatever goal the topic at hand concerns. If it is faction balance, or re-aligning faction themes, I stand by what I said was the best options and I explored it thoroughly. Just because you heavily oppose or don't like even the idea (because it hasn't happened yet, it's just an idea) of Silvermoon and Suramar returning to the high elves and night elves as opposed tot he sub faction blood elves and Nightborne, doesn't mean it's horrible, bad or should not be considered ide or topic for discussion.

you are free to dislike ofc, but, why get so emotional over something you know is very unlikely to happen? Why not feel free to explore the idea. I've explored the idea of the night elves going horde fully, without getting angry and emotional, enough to be able to outline it's merit. I've also explored them never joining those 2 main factions and being their own, which is my preferred position. But I'm not butt hurt they are in the alliance, the alliance fits them better like it does all elven races, given their current nature. It does, still even though that's the case, blood elves and nightborne are on the horde. They don't fit that well, that's the truth, but it's not relevant, because they are there anyway, they aren't going anywhere now.

to get angry that I state the obvious they don't fit, is silly, then to balk at suggestions on how we can engineer them to fit more in line with e horde themes because you are angry is equally silly, if you approached it pragmatically, like you sometimes do, sure there are reasons that can be positive for them to remain in the more alliance mindset and traditions of the horde, and I would agree, however form the context of having distinct faction themes, that isn't a good thing (again from that context only),.Having distinct faction themes is not the be all and all and necessarily the only way to progress or "fix" wow.. just because I feel it is the best way to restore part of the distinctiveness and powerful dichotomy warcraft had which I believe was a huge part of it's charm, doesn't mean that not doing the best approach is doomed or a failure. Doesn't mean that new evolutions won't work just as well or even better in time.. they just won't be the old warcraft..

See, nothing to get upset about. you aren't losing Silvermoon or Suramar, no need to go into a tiffle at the barest hint of the mention of it, every time.

While I know all this means a lot to you, don't you think it's too much? you try so hard, police the forums so vigilantly for comments that might turn public opinion in favour of the alliance elves, isn't itt exhausting? Your mental health, your well being, your peace of mind, dependent on what some random forum person posts that you have to quickly oppose in case the developers see this and think this might be a good thing to do - and you just can't have that. Should this poor fantasy have such a grip on your life, your time, your thoughts and activity? Is it actually worth the energy and emotional marathon it's making you run? Do you ahve to be in control of something you know you can't control, and isn't within your power to directly change only for a chance at possibly influencing it?

Wouldn't it just be easier to just enjoy the ride wherever it may go and trust that the devs will do something good for every race regardless, and while voicing your opinions and desires is okay, what I'm concerned about for you is the degree you've emotionally and psychologically invested in something that is totally out of your hands and isn't even real. It's just entertainment. Be free Tanaria. that's my wish for you. Enjoy warcraft, but don't let it become a chain on your life. Such a "make belief" thing should have such power over you, a human being.

- - - Updated - - -

You only needed to read the rest of the conversations in that section, and several others you resonded to, where I repeated this a few times, and went into some detail. My essay days are done on warcraft.. It's all there.

For the purpose of the context and sub section of the topic it involved, the proposal fit, but there was more to it i expanded on sa the discussion developed. the reason i didn't initially go into it, was because the focus was not developing or redevleoping the blood elves, but of restoring and boosting the alliance so it woudl draw players back. Ofc I won't go into depth of what should become of the blood elves, cos they aren't my focus, but I did in the end, quite a few times for you and other blood elf fans' sakes. Refer to the conversation.
    I guess you talked about Nathria as Tanaria said. I do not remember it but well let's leave this topic that so conflicting. if you raise this issue again, do not forget to include the future of the affected races in the same post.

- - - Updated - - -

If I was this engaged to Night Elf lore, you'd be championing me right now - because it's for the Horde Sin'dorei, and I'm simply expressing my wishes for my favorite race. For starters, they need their starter zone updating, with Silvermoon completely done (including the Ruins of Silvermoon.) Many people are passionate about their preferred races.

And you don't accept that Silvermoon and Suramar are Horde. Everytime, you want the cities either shared or given to the Alliance. The latter isn't even a proper functioning Horde City anyway. Hell, you've even spoke about Lordaeron and Highmountain going to the Alliance - so that's 4 Horde races that have been displaced for no reason and to expect that happens in a none-red vs blue expansion, is just laughable. Blizzard have already said that BFA would be a last red vs blue expansion, for a number of years. Good, because the last one was a disaster.

And both you and Rhlor are wrong about Suramar. It's not part of the Horde content - we literally only have the Nighthold and that's it. We don't get the "Grand City of Suramar." We literally just get a small circle, no bigger than Stormwind Park + a bit of the Mage District.

And if Night Elves get a new city in Hyjal, then Blood Elves should get an updated Suramar. Hell, the idea of a Quel'Thalas Warfront is enough that they can bring Quel'Thalas and Azuremyst Isle out of the Outland Maps and connect them back to the Azeroth Maps.

I predict a Void Elf/High Elf City to be made, but either in Duskwood (or the Stormwind-Human Province), or in Telogrus.
    GamePlay = / = Lore

In the Lore clearly the Nightborne have surgery and in the Gamplay only Nighthold. I want to include that dragon that can change a legion Suramar to friendly npcs Suramar with horde.

Truth be told, I don't wish blood elves to ever lose Silvermoon or Quel'thalas. They went through very dark times to rebuild their homeland, losing it would be just... well, not right. I can certainly imagine some sort of fight going on in QT, be it thalassian civil war or a void incursions which threatens Sunwell in the future void X light expansion, but sin'dorei should hold the city. It's up for high elves and void elves to build their new home.

I used to think that the most logical move for blood elves is to leave Horde. For years, they only contributed to Horde's Wars abroad, without Horde itself providing any real support for sin'dorei affairs. Farstriders had to invite Vereesa and alliance elves to assist them during Amani crisis, Ghostlands are still infested with undead during Three Sisters comic, so it seems Ghostlands are still not fully retaken after all these years. We've seen elves leaving the greater faction once they felt they have no use for the partnership, so basicaly, they should just leave the Horde after Sunwell's restoration (in which Horde did not play any major role to begin with) and maintain neutral position in the world. In the current story, Lor'themar being a part of Horde Council, he could finaly pull some real advantages for blood elves within the Horde. It can escalate into some political intrigues within the Horde. Quite good potential.

Obviously, blood elves will never leave Horde for gameplay reasons and I'm quite fine with that. I just like more refined stories and blood elves merging into the whole "lok'tar ogar" mentality does not feel right. I liked when their relations with other races were somewhat uneasy. It made more interesting stories, then just the monotonous boring "we are all best friends" tropes. It's not just the Horde's thing, Alliance's storytelling suffers the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Truth be told, I don't wish blood elves to ever lose Silvermoon or Quel'thalas. They went through very dark times to rebuild their homeland, losing it would be just... well, not right. I can certainly imagine some sort of fight going on in QT, be it thalassian civil war or a void incursions which threatens Sunwell in the future void X light expansion, but sin'dorei should hold the city. It's up for high elves and void elves to build their new home.

I used to think that the most logical move for blood elves is to leave Horde. For years, they only contributed to Horde's Wars abroad, without Horde itself providing any real support for sin'dorei affairs. Farstriders had to invite Vereesa and alliance elves to assist them during Amani crisis, Ghostlands are still infested with undead during Three Sisters comic, so it seems Ghostlands are still not fully retaken after all these years. We've seen elves leaving the greater faction once they felt they have no use for the partnership, so basicaly, they should just leave the Horde after Sunwell's restoration (in which Horde did not play any major role to begin with) and maintain neutral position in the world. In the current story, Lor'themar being a part of Horde Council, he could finaly pull some real advantages for blood elves within the Horde. It can escalate into some political intrigues within the Horde. Quite good potential.

Obviously, blood elves will never leave Horde for gameplay reasons and I'm quite fine with that. I just like more refined stories and blood elves merging into the whole "lok'tar ogar" mentality does not feel right. I liked when their relations with other races were somewhat uneasy. It made more interesting stories, then just the monotonous boring "we are all best friends" tropes. It's not just the Horde's thing, Alliance's storytelling suffers the same issue.
    I'm not against the Blood Elves losing the Sunwell to void incursions or maybe to Queen Azshara - she could view the Sunwell as a gateway for the Void and she destroys it.
    If we get a racial pride expansion and for some of the quests, our classes matter, Blood Elf Mages and Blood Elf Warlocks could work with Rommath and go to Outland to get Blood Crystals, which could tap into the leylines of Quel'Thalas and sustain the Sin'dorei. A Large Blood Crystal could be teleported to where the Sunwell was based and used by Rommath and Astalor to "attach" it to the leylines...maybe even get their Nightborne friends (Valtrois), to help them with this.
    The Warlocks could gather Fel Crystals and Arcane Crystals to go into the Ruins of Silvermoon, which would restore that portion of the city and sustain the people, in the immediate. That way @ravenmoon, could still get his "bad boy, Horde Blood Elves" and I still get to have Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon.
    (Obviously, the Blood Knights and Priests will do their questlines with Liadrin - perhaps lead an effort to hunt down Azshara. The Farstriders could do their thing with Halduron if the Amani returned and began wielding the Void.)

Now Lor'themar is basically leading the Horde Council at the moment, which is good because he is one who deserves to show his leadership. He's patient and calm - he doesn't shout and scream, but he gets the job done. Calia Menethil seems to see him as the leader as she reports to him about what is going on, in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post

I would rather vehemently disagree.

The Blood Elves have actually been quite consistently cucked by the Alliance and have held far more shaky relations with them than just about any other race. Kael openly rebelled against Garithos following his imprisonment by the Naga--add to this that the entire arc of the Blood Elves happened quite specifically because they were rejected by the Alliance and generally unable to negotiate with them. Indeed, the whole Thalassian storyline functionally happened because of a sequence of Humans deciding to be pricks, and the original High Elves themselves were also never particularly loyal to the Alliance--those that stayed loyal were the Farstriders on the frontlines, and the majority of Elves were the ones who ducked out after the Second War concluded.

Thematically, also, the Blood Elves haven't been chiefly "refined" for any of their history. They've mostly been addicts trying to recover and survive, which is a mentality which actually better meshes with the Horde, who are all in some sense survivors of odds stacked against them. The Alliance, on the other hand, are chiefly defined by the promotion of abstract moral ideals--the Blood Elves don't really have those as a central tenet of their species. Even on a religious level, their relationship with the Light is active and physical, as opposed to the abstract level on which the Humans relate with it.

Add to this that the Blood Elves have remained far closer to the Horde over their history, including that they were carried farther and through far harder times by Horde allies. Lor'Themar all but actively admits this, even considering becoming Warchief for a time. It has to be clear that the Blood Elves population as a whole are far better fit for their existing faction, and I quite frankly think that joining the Horde was a good decision from the get-go. If you've played Curse of the Blood Elves in Warcraft III, you'll notice that a lot of the Blood Elves' rhetoric lined up with Thrall's Horde, save for being considerably more amoral and pragmatic.

The only real hurdle for the Blood Elves joining the Horde would've been bad blood with one or more of the races, and the only one that ever did serious damage to Quel'Thalas would be the Trolls, and not even the Trolls that the Horde actually employs anymore. The Alliance was overall more oppressive and antagonistic to the Blood Elves--on a more macro level, it become evident why, and the Alliance are clearly not complete aggressors. However, Garithos' actions would've been enough to sour most Blood Elves, since he actively imprisoned them after giving them an unwinnable battle; when news of this reached Quel'Thalas, it is likely the Blood Elves would have blamed the Alliance more than anyone else. Younger Blood Elves would chiefly remember the Horde as the ones who bailed them out and gave them assistance in returning civilization to Quel'Thalas, whilst older Blood Elves would likely still hold a grudge against Garithos and the other members of the Alliance who made their journey to restoration so difficult. Ironically, the only strong connection the Blood Elves still have with the Alliance is with the Draenei, who were responsible for restoring the Sunwell--in this sense, it is only the new members of the Alliance who are considered particularly benign by the Blood Elves through their history.

Finally, the Blood Elves actually sticking by a faction is indicative of increasing maturity as a race. The High Elves who stuck with the Alliance were bailed out of the destruction of Quel'Thalas because they demonstrated more loyalty than the Blood Elves who simply retreated behind their shield. In this sense, it would mirror that by having the Blood Elves sticking to the Horde reward them, showing how far they've come and how they've been humbled. The Nightborne can take the role of the big, arrogant Elves now--the Blood Elves are pretty clearly at a new spot in their arc, and the days of being regal, haughty nobility behind a shield has long past.

5+ Year Old Account
    The most High Elven Traditionalist involvement I see happening in Quel'thalas is pilgrimages to the Sunwell or political dissonance. Maaaybe if they redo the zones I can see the night elves being replaced by a High Elf/Void Elf guerilla faction trying to retake Quel'thalas with or without actual alliance sanction. Either way it would reinforce Blood elves politically remaining with the Horde, and it would bring an actual new story to the area. The Ghostlands might be mostly Scourge free with just the area around deatholme and windrunner spire being scourged or even have a nod to the San'layn at Windrunner spire. While the northwest may have the guerillas active and the east have an amani assault. Suncrown could be retaken but have infiltrators from the guerillas as a small quest line but still show the ghostlands as being repopulated outside of the farstrider lodge and Tranquilien.

Outside of QT, I could see Alleria putting out a call to arms to the exiled high elves to rally under them to reclaim Quel'thalas and end the diaspora. Vereesa could support her or be conflicted about it, after all, she HAS worked with the blood elven farstriders several times. Maybe they'd get some military stronghold somewhere ala Feathermoon Stronghold. Either way there's good story here that doesn't require inane ideas about faction displacement, we've had enough of that with BfA and Cata, just rebuild or begin something new for once.

Didn’t the Blood Elves try to rejoin the Alliance twice in WoW’s life time? One was in MoP, before Jaina kicked them out of Dalaran. Was there a second time in Legion? BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Didn’t the Blood Elves try to rejoin the Alliance twice in WoW’s life time? One was in MoP, before Jaina kicked them out of Dalaran. Was there a second time in Legion? BFA?
    Only once, and the Purge of Dalaran squandered any potential for the Blood Elves to rejoin the Alliance.

I'm not against the Blood Elves losing the Sunwell to void incursions or maybe to Queen Azshara - she could view the Sunwell as a gateway for the Void and she destroys it.
    If we get a racial pride expansion and for some of the quests, our classes matter, Blood Elf Mages and Blood Elf Warlocks could work with Rommath and go to Outland to get Blood Crystals, which could tap into the leylines of Quel'Thalas and sustain the Sin'dorei. A Large Blood Crystal could be teleported to where the Sunwell was based and used by Rommath and Astalor to "attach" it to the leylines...maybe even get their Nightborne friends (Valtrois), to help them with this.
    The Warlocks could gather Fel Crystals and Arcane Crystals to go into the Ruins of Silvermoon, which would restore that portion of the city and sustain the people, in the immediate. That way @ravenmoon, could still get his "bad boy, Horde Blood Elves" and I still get to have Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon.
    (Obviously, the Blood Knights and Priests will do their questlines with Liadrin - perhaps lead an effort to hunt down Azshara. The Farstriders could do their thing with Halduron if the Amani returned and began wielding the Void.)

Now Lor'themar is basically leading the Horde Council at the moment, which is good because he is one who deserves to show his leadership. He's patient and calm - he doesn't shout and scream, but he gets the job done. Calia Menethil seems to see him as the leader as she reports to him about what is going on, in the Shadowlands.
    The horde is really kinda feeling like the alliance.

I just wonder if this is the right thing fir the franchise and for the lore.

mm it might be heaven for blood elf fans who sadly still don’t realise that they are alliances on the horde because of the blood elves and having that human elf and alliance connection replicated and the centre of the horde with their favourite race leading instead of being removed I’m sure feels very exciting.

But is it?

anyway. I think they should worry about writing good stories than trying to balance fans sensibilities. Just make sure the when you take the races through shit. You also bring them up with things even better than before.

still waiting fir the kaldorei’s better than before. Although pre sundering would be hard to beat. They don’t have to get there. You can be in a better state without being a super empire.

Blood elves did become better after wc3 from the wc3 story. Not pre-scourge level restored , but you can see many good developments and advancements over the high elf state.

Now the high elf side and the new void elf outcasts, are like the night elves still in no man’s land after their suffering.

It is no wonder I spend more time suggesting and imagining ways they can get better than before, but so far blizzard just seems interested in showing them suffer.

I’m sick of it, so I quit.

Blood elves did become better after wc3 from the wc3 story. Not pre-scourge level restored , but you can see many good developments and advancements over the high elf state.
    Good developments? Like, I'm still waiting for the Blood Elves to come out of their 2007 starter zone and into the current decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Now the high elf side and the new void elf outcasts, are like the night elves still in no man’s land after their suffering.

It is no wonder I spend more time suggesting and imagining ways they can get better than before, but so far blizzard just seems interested in showing them suffer.

I’m sick of it, so I quit.
    They can go to Telogrus and learn to become more Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wonder if this is the right thing fir the franchise and for the lore.

mm it might be heaven for blood elf fans who sadly still don’t realise that they are alliances on the horde because of the blood elves and having that human elf and alliance connection replicated and the centre of the horde with their favourite race leading instead of being removed I’m sure feels very exciting.
    I'm not "Alliance", nor have I ever played Alliance in any great detail. As @Le Conceptual has said, the Blood Elves have earned their place on the Horde. Lets not forget that the device that destroyed Theramore was a Sin'dorei creation.

The Sin'dorei bring real Elves from mythology to life.
    And when you say "instead of being removed", that is basically you confirming Rhlor's point. You want the Horde Elven story to be totally finished. They have everything taken away from them, no future story, no lore characters - they become forgotten.

Guess what pal - you can still have your "Kaldorei Rise" and "Quel'dorei greatness" without it hindering Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei lore progression. Proof - 8.1, with Darkshore and the Sin'dorei Heritage Armor questline.

Also, we're not even dealing with Lor'themar in this current story. Hell, the main "Horde" characters we've seen in the Shadowlands have been Thrall, Baine and even Sylvanas (debatable, but she has been Horde for most of WoW's life.)
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-05 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    They did not necessarily try to rejoin the Alliance in BfA, but Theron joined forces with the Alliance to free Baine and fight Sylvanas; and specifically in the Azshara raid he was fighting alongside Jaina Proudmoore and Shandris Feathermoon.

For all the talk about "Horde loyalty" on the forums, the story tells us quite clearly that the Blood elves are not afraid of joining forces with the Alliance.

Against the lawful Warchief of the Horde.

God, I hope the new hair colors come out soon so we can veer away from this endless "where to the elves belong" conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The only real hurdle for the Blood Elves joining the Horde would've been bad blood with one or more of the races, and the only one that ever did serious damage to Quel'Thalas would be the Trolls, and not even the Trolls that the Horde actually employs anymore.
    Not that I disagree with your overall point -personally I would say that every decision since BC has brought the BE and the Horde closer and closer, and the only moment they actually considered leaving was during MoP and we know how all that went. And it was after Garrosh their place on the Horde further cemented itself-

But the orcs themselves also attacked the borders of Quel'thalas. It wasn't just the Forest Trolls on their own, Orgrim Doomhamer himself lead the Horde during the attack.

What group they chose to forgive has less to do with "who caused them more harm" and more about the politics, and let's not forget that one of the main reasons Blood Elves have risen again is because of their political cunning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Against the lawful Warchief of the Horde.
    Every Race on the Horde went against the "lawful Warchief of the Horde". This argument is like a fart in the wind.

Because they have a "council" of sorts? That's the only similarity I see.

Otherwise the Horde is still a filthy throng filled mostly with monsters

Love how there's been posts here with helfers STILL not being 100% happy with the changes. "Please give us entropic embrace glyph". And in the general forums there's still people asking for velf paladins.

It's amazing how helfers are never EVER saistified. Mark my words, if you blizz caves in and gives you paladins, which is as dumb as giving maghar orcs warlocks, and an entropic embrace glyph, the next demand will be to give velves their own heritage armor and mount. Until finally we'll have helfers demanding to just change the name of the race so they dont have to use add ons anymore.

How does it feel to play a race with no real identity? You only have yourselves to blame. Could have had an awesome monstrous void race but now your stuck with a diluted that doesn't know what it really is.

Then again you got Alleria who identifies as a velf and she's as "pure" as you're gonna get so ultimately, you are velves and NOT helves, as per Alleria. Regardless, what a clown race that had so much potential then gets destroyed by an ungrateful player base who cant accept that high elves went on to be a core horde race and that the silver covenant is just a small alliance subgroup of npc's who should just have been npc's. Just like Horde kultirans or alliance goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Love how there's been posts here with helfers STILL not being 100% happy with the changes. "Please give us entropic embrace glyph". And in the general forums there's still people asking for velf paladins.

It's amazing how helfers are never EVER saistified. Mark my words, if you blizz caves in and gives you paladins, which is as dumb as giving maghar orcs warlocks, and an entropic embrace glyph, the next demand will be to give velves their own heritage armor and mount. Until finally we'll have helfers demanding to just change the name of the race so they dont have to use add ons anymore.

How does it feel to play a race with no real identity? You only have yourselves to blame. Could have had an awesome monstrous void race but now your stuck with a diluted that doesn't know what it really is.

Then again you got Alleria who identifies as a velf and she's as "pure" as you're gonna get so ultimately, you are velves and NOT helves, as per Alleria. Regardless, what a clown race that had so much potential then gets destroyed by an ungrateful player base who cant accept that high elves went on to be a core horde race and that the silver covenant is just a small alliance subgroup of npc's who should just have been npc's. Just like Horde kultirans or alliance goblins.
    Actually I feel joyful, thanks for asking. Finally someone who cares about my joy in this thread filled only with hatred.

I am indeed joyful that the Ren'dorei have finally gotten fair skin options and blonde hair like their leader Alleria Windrunner, after 4 years of me asking Blizzard to put these options in the game.

For it is indeed an ability that the Ren'dorei have, to conceal their true form under a fair disguise. Like Alleria does after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Actually I feel joyful, thanks for asking. Finally someone who cares about my joy in this thread filled only with hatred.

I am indeed joyful that the Ren'dorei have finally gotten fair skin options and blonde hair like their leader Alleria Windrunner, after 4 years of me asking Blizzard to put these options in the game.

For it is indeed an ability that the Ren'dorei have, to conceal their true form under a fair disguise. Like Alleria does after all.

That has not been shown by any velf other than Alleria and she had a unique transformation, so no you're wrong. But hey at least you admit you're not playing a high elf, so good for you.

There's still helfers asking for more but again, good for you on your happiness.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-05 at 09:57 PM.