Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The problem is High Elf fans have one more thing they can ask for, which is Farstrider tattoos. Personally, I'd like to see them focus on actual void additions next.
    Maybe they can do both at the same time. Add a tattoo option with void markings and farstrider ones.
    While i'd love Farstrider tattoos, I think they should be void focused, like in the sense of at most we get one farstrider focused tattoo with the rest being more so void markings.

Because I do think void markings would be neat, and tbh it could be the thing from Alleria's design that bleeds over to the Void Elves, buuut IDK, if they have another idea I wouldn't be mad if we never get tattoos/markings.

But yeah, personally I would give all thalassian elves tattoos, just in different flavors, with the farstrider ones being the overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    This isnt a horde vs alliance thing. Velves cant get paladins because they physically cant be paladins. Same as undead. My eyes roll out of there sockets each time someone makes an undead paladin thread and act as if vanilla-ass forsaken are anything like sir zeleak and calia or think holy priests are anything like a paladin.

And prelates existed since mop for zanda trolls, so it made perfect sense to give them that class. I doubt regular trolls would get them since then they'd have access to every class except DH.
    Exactly this. Where there is Void, there Light has a problem. Like Alleria coming near the Sunwell almost caused a catastrophe. With Priests, its arguable, they are used to manage both Light and Shadow spells. But Paladins only have the Light, and it is anathema to Void and the Undead. Just because there are some signature characters as exceptions, they do not have to be made into playable options. Sir Zeliek suffers every moment of his existence. Calia is not even Undead, she is some kind of light infused flesh construct, with a totally different creation as the Forsaken or the Scourge.

And Zandalari deserve to have their Paladins because of lore, just as was said.

Just as I told, if you give the High Elf cultists a small finger, they will first want the whole hand, than the arm, and then will swallow you whole.

The Ren'dorei should get tattoos options simply by virtue of being former Sin'dorei scholars.

Their leader Alleria also has magical runes/tattoos (whatever they are) by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Exactly this. Where there is Void, there Light has a problem. Like Alleria coming near the Sunwell almost caused a catastrophe. With Priests, its arguable, they are used to manage both Light and Shadow spells. But Paladins only have the Light, and it is anathema to Void and the Undead. Just because there are some signature characters as exceptions, they do not have to be made into playable options. Sir Zeliek suffers every moment of his existence. Calia is not even Undead, she is some kind of light infused flesh construct, with a totally different creation as the Forsaken or the Scourge.

And Zandalari deserve to have their Paladins because of lore, just as was said.

Just as I told, if you give the High Elf cultists a small finger, they will first want the whole hand, than the arm, and then will swallow you whole.
    Nahh, you do not get to redifine Calia as something else because you don't like it. She's literally a holy powered undead.

That's what people like you fear the most, isn't it? How the lore evolves beyond what you deem acceptable?

I don't even need for VE's to be paladins, but it would be pretty neat if they took advantage of the naaru cycle of light and void to create their own order of Void Knights. It's all part of the same cycle, what if Paladins could also reflect that?

What would you do then, uh?

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Nahh, you do not get to redifine Calia as something else because you don't like it. She's literally a holy powered undead.

That's what people like you fear the most, isn't it? How the lore evolves beyond what you deem acceptable?

I don't even need for VE's to be paladins, but it would be pretty neat if they took advantage of the naaru cycle of light and void to create their own order of Void Knights. It's all part of the same cycle, what if Paladins could also reflect that?

What would you do then, uh?
    Priests have discipline as well which is a balance of both. Void elf paladins could use that, for example.
    I mean, disc literally has holy and shadow intertwining spells like penance.

I think the Sunwell is a special case cause it's a font.

Why exactly are posters on this thread talking for pages and pages about Ren'dorei paladins being "lore breaking" when the Twilight's Hammer Cult, the Cult worshipping the Old Gods and the coming of the Hour of Twilight, employed rogue paladins in their ranks?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator

These are paladins named "Vindicators" (a name used in Draenei society to refer to paladins), they are dressed like paladins, fight like paladins, and use paladin abilities. And they are part of a cult that worships the Void and live in the Void wasteland known as the Bastion of Twilight, infused and clouded in perpetual darkness.

Yet they are still paladins.

So Ren'dorei paladins would be lore-breaking because... ?????????

If Blizzard ever feels like adding a bunch of new race-class options like they did in Cataclysm, Void elf Paladins will become playable, bookmark this post for the future.

Void elves sell, Paladins sell, the fantasy of a "Dark Paladin" sells, the lore allows this (Twilight Vindicators), there's not much left to be said on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    You do you, with endless Night Elf threads and I'll do me.

If I was this engaged to Night Elf lore, you'd be championing me right now - because it's for the Horde Sin'dorei, and I'm simply expressing my wishes for my favorite race. For starters, they need their starter zone updating, with Silvermoon completely done (including the Ruins of Silvermoon.) Many people are passionate about their preferred races.

And you don't accept that Silvermoon and Suramar are Horde. Everytime, you want the cities either shared or given to the Alliance. The latter isn't even a proper functioning Horde City anyway. Hell, you've even spoke about Lordaeron and Highmountain going to the Alliance - so that's 4 Horde races that have been displaced for no reason and to expect that happens in a none-red vs blue expansion, is just laughable. Blizzard have already said that BFA would be a last red vs blue expansion, for a number of years. Good, because the last one was a disaster.

And both you and Rhlor are wrong about Suramar. It's not part of the Horde content - we literally only have the Nighthold and that's it. We don't get the "Grand City of Suramar." We literally just get a small circle, no bigger than Stormwind Park + a bit of the Mage District.

And if Night Elves get a new city in Hyjal, then Blood Elves should get an updated Suramar. Hell, the idea of a Quel'Thalas Warfront is enough that they can bring Quel'Thalas and Azuremyst Isle out of the Outland Maps and connect them back to the Azeroth Maps.

I predict a Void Elf/High Elf City to be made, but either in Duskwood (or the Stormwind-Human Province), or in Telogrus.
    Tanaria. I champion you in spirit. But you make it hard for me to show my support more openly in forums because of how argumentative you can get.

I agree with everything you just said. You don’t realise how much. Yet it is sometimes besides the point because I believe you have a persecuted complex. You feel I’m out to get you or your fave race. You have no idea how much I like the blood elves too. But they aren’t the only race I like Ofc.

im an elf fan first. Nightnelves preoccupy my focus because of their neglect and lesser degree of support and understanding of their race often prompts much bigger responses in their corner.

you guys cover Thalassians so well. There is little I need to add. But when I do these things I also look at their interests.

I don’t hate the horde. But I’m an elf fan first. I lean more to the alliance on theme and principal. But I’m really not that anti.

anywau. Hope this helps. I understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The best solution would be adding:

- Farstrider tattoo for both void and blood elves
    - Add runic tattoo a la TBC cover for blood elves
    - Add void themed tattoos for void elves

Each race would be able to select colors for tattoos:

- Blue, White, Green, Teal: both (Farstrider theme)
    - Red, Orange, Gold: blood elves
    - Purple, Black, Dark Blue: Void elves
    Blood elves also needs magister tattoos like rommath
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-09-06 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Only Blood elves?

The original leader of the Ren'dorei is a Magister by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    While i'd love Farstrider tattoos, I think they should be void focused, like in the sense of at most we get one farstrider focused tattoo with the rest being more so void markings.

Because I do think void markings would be neat, and tbh it could be the thing from Alleria's design that bleeds over to the Void Elves, buuut IDK, if they have another idea I wouldn't be mad if we never get tattoos/markings.

But yeah, personally I would give all thalassian elves tattoos, just in different flavors, with the farstrider ones being the overlap.
    I do think Farstrider markings make sense as an option. I just don't want every addition from now on to be High Elf focused. The best way to do it would thusly be to add tattoos/markings and add both void and High Elf variants. Other than that, I'd like to mostly just see new void stuff. It's time for Blizzard to emphasize the void in Void Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ren'dorei should get tattoos options simply by virtue of being former Sin'dorei scholars.

Their leader Alleria also has magical runes/tattoos (whatever they are) by the way.
    Not sure if they're runes, markings or tattoos, but they're a Ranger thing, I'm pretty sure. Those would work well for both Blood and High Elves (Void)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post
    The classic farstrider tattoos fit void elves just as much as they do high elves imo. Especially if they come in blue and purple. They already look like winding, coiling tentacles. Plus it makes sense they'd decorate themselves in the image of their leader/savior. Honestly it'd be a little odd seeing blood elves with them nowadays given that Alleria is the only real example we have of those tattoos being a thing at all.

Would kinda prefer blood elves get the TBC box art runic stuff or Rommaths style if I had to choose.
    You're not wrong, they could indeed work for Void Elves, but I do think there should be some actual unique voidy markings there, too.

It'd also be pretty easy for them to add. Other than that, scars, more jewelry? Jewelry color options, maybe? Necklaces? New hairstyles.

I know there's been a lot of bellyaching about VE being pulled ahead, but they really haven't. Their options pale in comparison to Nightborne and Lightforged in 7.1.5 and even their Blood Elf counterparts. They need a proper customization update. The reused skins and hair colors, while impactful for High Elf players, don't actually constitute a major customization overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not sure if they're runes, markings or tattoos, but they're a Ranger thing, I'm pretty sure. Those would work well for both Blood and High Elves (Void)
    It could be both really. It could be tattoos carved on their flesh that also serve as magical runes to boost and augment their magical affinity and prowess.

After all Blood elves, whether they be a mage or a hunter or a warrior, have that Arcane-based racial.

An interesting thing is that her runes change colour when she turns into her Void state, does that not imply that they are magical in nature? Otherwise they'd remain azure:

By the way, the Sin'dorei on the cover of TBC was a Magister and he too had magical runes on his flesh. So it's not just a tradition of the Farstriders.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-06 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Sure, I thought that's the "runic tattoo" option which includes that too. I'm definitely up for that options for blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    An interesting thing is that her runes change colour when she turns into her Void state, does that not imply that they are magical in nature? Otherwise they'd remain azure:
    Underneath those tattoos there is skin. Skin that is now glowing purple. Of course it would change the color of the runes now that it has a purple light glowing through it.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I LOVE the new stuff. Acctually thinking about going Nightborne instead

Ah, at long last it looks like the Nightborne finally have the appearance of elves, and not glorified goblins.

But, they are still not the best elves. That's an award reserved for another [Allied] race.

The best solution would be adding:

- Farstrider tattoo for both void and blood elves
    - Add runic tattoo a la TBC cover for blood elves
    - Add void themed tattoos for void elves

Each race would be able to select colors for tattoos:

- Blue, White, Green, Teal: both (Farstrider theme)
    - Red, Orange, Gold: blood elves
    - Purple, Black, Dark Blue: Void elves
    Agree, would be very nice with tattoos on those races. Runic tattoos or straight up war-paint like markings.

And star/moon shiny skin/tattoos for Night Elves.

Then I'll be happy! More options for everyone, its not really a competition. Loving the new Lightforged options too. Graceful space goats!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With regards to Classes, my personal opinion is that they should be lessening restrictions all around honestly. Blood Elf Druids, Night Elf Paladin, even Undead Paladins, Human Druids. Half of the reasoning for Cataclysm combos was that they'd spent time around the other races of their factions and learned, so I don't think Class restrictions should be a big thing.

With regards to Void Elf Paladins, I'm not massively fussed. You could say from the POV that they came from Silvermoon some of them were Paladins beforehand or that some of the High Elf Wayfarers were Paladins, so I think you could fit them in. As I said, I don't think they're needed, but I'm not really against it either.

As for Entropic Embrace, my opinion has always been that it looks poorly made and tacky with it just being the skin and not affecting armour/3D parts. If it was full on purple it would be pretty cool, but at the same time and option to change it visually for those who don't like it shouldn't be an issue either? I mean, if they gave a toggle option in Telogrus Rift, who would it really hurt?

I still agree with more customization, most of my previous posts have been about it so I won't repeat that. But I think High Elf options are much more clamoured for than Void Elf options because that was why this thread came about. Being completely honest if Blizzard went down the High Elf Allied Race option at the start of BFA and never mentioned Void Elves would anyone have raised any concerns? Because before Alleria became as she is at the end of Legion they didn't exist.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Why exactly are posters on this thread talking for pages and pages about Ren'dorei paladins being "lore breaking" when the Twilight's Hammer Cult, the Cult worshipping the Old Gods and the coming of the Hour of Twilight, employed rogue paladins in their ranks?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator

These are paladins named "Vindicators" (a name used in Draenei society to refer to paladins), they are dressed like paladins, fight like paladins, and use paladin abilities. And they are part of a cult that worships the Void and live in the Void wasteland known as the Bastion of Twilight, infused and clouded in perpetual darkness.

Yet they are still paladins.

So Ren'dorei paladins would be lore-breaking because... ?????????

If Blizzard ever feels like adding a bunch of new race-class options like they did in Cataclysm, Void elf Paladins will become playable, bookmark this post for the future.

Void elves sell, Paladins sell, the fantasy of a "Dark Paladin" sells, the lore allows this (Twilight Vindicators), there's not much left to be said on the subject.
    Agreed. And honestly even without them I've always been in favor of expanding the concept of "Paladin" to a general religious knight of whatever faith. Rather than limiting it to "the light" (and thereby watering down the religions of various races to off-brand humans) a "paladin" is simply a warrior empowered by their faith. Be that the holy light, elune, a loa or even the void. Having for instance, the cult of forgotten shadow take up a martial stance similar to the WC2 paladins, except with shadow magic, would be really interesting to me. Much more than just making zandalari prelates into holy light worshippers brandishing big human bibles.

The abilities can easily be reskinned for different themes and allows for a lot more class/race combos that fit naturally into the respective races culture and identity. With a glyph or customization toggle for things like high elf customization. Its a win/win to me.

On that note, void elf shamans would also work, given we've seen void/shadow users twisting the elements to work for them plenty of times through the twilight hammer and the dark shamans.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_shaman
    With an optional vanilla glyph this would also fit into the high elf fantasy, since its always been that the high elves and wildhammer clan were very close, closer than they were with humans according to WC2. Having them learn from the dwarves would make a very unique hook for an elf to me.
    Last edited by Wired-Lain; 2021-09-06 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post
    On that note, void elf shamans would also work, given we've seen void/shadow users twisting the elements to work for them plenty of times through the twilight hammer and the dark shamans.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_shaman
    With an optional vanilla glyph this would also fit into the high elf fantasy, since its always been that the high elves and wildhammer clan were very close, closer than they were with humans according to WC2. Having them learn from the dwarves would make a very unique hook for an elf to me.
    Actually I'm way more interested in an elf shaman concept then a elf paladin concept which we know since TBC. Not that it works very well with both void elf and high elf archetypes through dark shaman / elementalist vibes, it also gives another distinction from blood elves and offers us new unique elf combo (blood elves being only elf paladins, night elves being only elf druids and void elves would be only elf shaman). Also one more shaman combo for the Alliance.

I'm not saying void elf paladins are not interesting or cool, but this seems more interesting thing to explore.

Actually I'm way more interested in an elf shaman concept then a elf paladin concept which we know since TBC. Not that it works very well with both void elf and high elf archetypes through dark shaman / elementalist vibes, it also gives another distinction from blood elves and offers us new unique elf combo (blood elves being only elf paladins, night elves being only elf druids and void elves would be only elf shaman). Also one more shaman combo for the Alliance.

I'm not saying void elf paladins are not interesting or cool, but this seems more interesting thing to explore.
    Yeah agreed. An elven shaman is something completely new and isn't represented anywhere else and contrasts them a lot more heavily with the city livin belfs. Much more interesting than just another druid or paladin combo.