Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Part of the reason I like this is that now anyone I see that plays a Void Elf with void options has opted to do so, rather than doing so because they felt it was the closest thing to playing a High Elf.
    Definitely makes void elves feel more special and unique, as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [MENTION=578046]SNIP
    If your coming back to WoW, might I suggest you wait for 9.1.5 instead of now?

There's no point in coming back in 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post

PTR has been pretty nuts.
    I wonder what kind of relationship Helves will have with Velves. Can Velves join the Silver Covenant? Will this somehow be reflected in the lore? Probably not, but it would still be great to know.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I wonder what kind of relationship Helves will have with Velves. Can Velves join the Silver Covenant? Will this somehow be reflected in the lore? Probably not, but it would still be great to know.
    I reckon, Void Elves and High Elves are on very good terms. We saw a High Elf Sorceress and Void Elf walking around Stormwind together.
    I'd also say that Night Elves, High Elves and Void Elves are all on good terms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Can't tell you straight up, but there's some High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus Rift being taught by Void Elves and also some High Elf Sorcerer NPCs in Stormwind chilling with Void Elves, so I guess they're at least on somewhat amicable terms?

Adding or updating High Elf NPCs with the new Void Elf customizations would be welcome.

Like the high elf sorceress, for example.

Last edited by Frenchvince; 2021-09-09 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Adding or updating High Elf NPCs with the new Void Elf customizations would be welcome.

Hordebros.. I thought the Alliance had no High Elves......

5+ Year Old Account
    Part of the reason I like this is that now anyone I see that plays a Void Elf with void options has opted to do so, rather than doing so because they felt it was the closest thing to playing a High Elf.
    That's why I never understood the logic that restriction of choice was better, some people have the logic that something is more special if there's less choice on the matter which never made sense to me.

Now that there's more choice, the choices one makes becomes more special imo because yeah like you're saying they are now choosing to pick those skin tones/tentacles willingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Hordebros.. I thought the Alliance had no High Elves......
    Clearly photoshop lul

Can't tell you straight up, but there's some High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus Rift being taught by Void Elves and also some High Elf Sorcerer NPCs in Stormwind chilling with Void Elves, so I guess they're at least on somewhat amicable terms?
    "Ren'dorei" as a term simply means "Children of the Void", all those who embrace the Void and seek to become one with it, are Ren'dorei.

So even if those wayfarers are biologically uncorrupted High elves, they would still be considered "Ren'dorei". For they are indeed united by the Void and seek to study and be reforged by it.

If you asked those students in Telogrus Rift what they are, they would indeed tell you that they see themselves as Children of the Void. And if there was a way to replicate the ritual that turned Alleria Windrunner into the first of the Ren'dorei, they would probably take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    "Ren'dorei" as a term simply means "Children of the Void", all those who embrace the Void and seek to become one with it, are Ren'dorei.

So even if those wayfarers are biologically uncorrupted High elves, they would still be considered "Ren'dorei". For they are indeed united by the Void and seek to study and be reforged by it.

If you asked those students in Telogrus Rift what they are, they would indeed tell you that they see themselves as Children of the Void. And if there was a way to replicate the ritual that turned Alleria Windrunner into the first of the Ren'dorei, they would probably take it.
    That's why it's important to separate Void Elves as a political group from Void Elves as a "race."

The purple, betentacled Void Elves are most definitely genetically altered and can be considered their own Void Elf race. But as of right now, Void Elf as a political group seems to contain other types of elves, like those aforementioned High Elf Wayfarers and Alleria, who is her own type of Void Elf.

NGL, it would be an unnecessary effort, but I'd love if they started changing HE NPC's to use the VE model XD

- - - Updated - - -

It's really a shame we haven't seen any more of it since its set up in 7.3.5, but yeah, we can't obviate the fact that from the little we have gotten in regards of VE relationships, they made an effort to show them on very amicable terms with High Elves; those sorcerers weren't in game before, so they were added to quite literally show them walking and talking around time.

Compounded to the High Elven Wayfarers in Telogrus (I think it really just a matter of time before we have conformation them and the Silvermoon Scholars have "become" Void Elves) and the simple fact that the leaders of the VE and HE's are sisters that work together, I think that the implication is heavily on the "They do get along" But I really hope we see a solid confirmation and advancement of it.

That's why it's important to separate Void Elves as a political group from Void Elves as a "race."

The purple, betentacled Void Elves are most definitely genetically altered and can be considered their own Void Elf race. But as of right now, Void Elf as a political group seems to contain other types of elves, like those aforementioned High Elf Wayfarers and Alleria, who is her own type of Void Elf.
    Indeed. It's exactly the same situation as the Forsaken.

For instance, we know that the Forsaken are a group of free-willed Undead, most of which are Undead Humans, but not necessarily. Many Forsaken are also Undead Elves or even Leper Gnomes, there was even one Dreadlord at one point.

Similarly, while the Ren'dorei (Children of the Void) are mostly biologically Void elves, I have no doubt that those Blood and High elves scholars would classify themselves as Children of the Void. Since they seek to study the Void and go to extreme lengths to do so (the Blood elves scholars were willing to defy the Horde to do so...).

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Indeed. It's exactly the same situation as the Forsaken.
    and the same with The Night Elves

It's as Ravenmoon said, Ren'dorei is both a race and a faction. The race are those genetically altered, the faction is not exclusive to genetically altered Thalassians, but also blood elves and high elves who now study the void, and identify as void elves, as well as those who just want to partner with them as high elves.

It's similar to the night elves. The Night Elves is the faction, but night elves is the race. Treants, ancients, Dryads, keepers are all part of the faction, but not part of the race even if they have genetic connections. WE may have options to play dryads one day, but another example are Highborne who are a different faction of night elves allied to The Night Elves, but in their case happen to be genetically night elven race wise, but not faction wise. all the broken isle night elf factions are not part of "The Night Elves" which to avoid confusion people often call Darnassians these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    NGL, it would be an unnecessary effort, but I'd love if they started changing HE NPC's to use the VE model XD

- - - Updated - - -

It's really a shame we haven't seen any more of it since its set up in 7.3.5, but yeah, we can't obviate the fact that from the little we have gotten in regards of VE relationships, they made an effort to show them on very amicable terms with High Elves; those sorcerers weren't in game before, so they were added to quite literally show them walking and talking around time.

Compounded to the High Elven Wayfarers in Telogrus (I think it really just a matter of time before we have conformation them and the Silvermoon Scholars have "become" Void Elves) and the simple fact that the leaders of the VE and HE's are sisters that work together, I think that the implication is heavily on the "They do get along" But I really hope we see a solid confirmation and advancement of it.
    Honestly, I think their existence serves as a basis for playable Void Elf (faction)-aligned genetic High Elves, and that any of the actually voidy Void Elves we see or play are all a result of the events of the introduction scenario.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This is one of those things that, if they made enough changes to get me playing again, would get me playing a Void Elf (as a High Elf) specifically. That said, I also dig the Void Elf aesthetic, I just think I like High Elves a little more.

Honestly, I think their existence serves as a basis for playable Void Elf (faction)-aligned genetic High Elves, and that any of the actually voidy Void Elves we see or play are all a result of the events of the introduction scenario.
    That's my issue about it. Like it implies that yes! both BE and HE's are studying with the VE's and Ethereals! which is nice!! but with like, zero actual explanation of how they would become Void Elves? Like I feel we should get some of that SOON.

It all boils down to VE's needing more depth of lore and characterization, BfA basically did nothing for them as a race -we did get some Umbric- and I really hope we get to see how they have advanced as a race next expansion.

I do feel the implication that there ARE new VE initiates coming from BE and HE is there, but I'd like for it to be stronger right now than them just attending a lecture. Like, if we saw the Wayfarers and Scholars using void abilities, such as Entropic Embrace and Spatial Rift, it would just be a neat bit of environmental storytelling.

Having what we have since 2018 is just too little to have an working knowledge of how they function as a society. Contrast that to LFD, we know exactly how more are made, easy peacy.

That's my issue about it. Like it implies that yes! both BE and HE's are studying with the VE's and Ethereals! which is nice!! but with like, zero actual explanation of how they would become Void Elves? Like I feel we should get some of that SOON.

It all boils down to VE's needing more depth of lore and characterization, BfA basically did nothing for them as a race -we did get some Umbric- and I really hope we get to see how they have advanced as a race next expansion.

I do feel the implication that there ARE new VE initiates coming from BE and HE is there, but I'd like for it to be stronger right now than them just attending a lecture. Like, if we saw the Wayfarers and Scholars using void abilities, such as Entropic Embrace and Spatial Rift, it would just be a neat bit of environmental storytelling.

Having what we have since 2018 is just too little to have an working knowledge of how they function as a society. Contrast that to LFD, we know exactly how more are made, easy peacy.
    That's assuming they will ever genetically become Void Elves, tbh. Who says they will? Maybe they'll just continue being High and Blood Elves with void powers? Without being altered physically. Of course they couldn't let Alliance players play Blood Elves, but you get my point.

I did a similar comparison!

That's assuming they will ever genetically become Void Elves, tbh. Who says they will? Maybe they'll just continue being High and Blood Elves with void powers? Without being altered physically. Of course they couldn't let Alliance players play Blood Elves, but you get my point.
    That's the point to me where the definition of what a "Void Elf" is just very malleable. Like yes, the OG ones are blue, but *are* they another race? Are "Demon Hunters" another thalassian race? What IS the difference between a "Void Elf" and an Elf with Void powers? Isn't Alleria also a Void Elf while looking exactly like a High Elf still?

I would say that from a "genetic" standpoint, the OG Void Elves are just Thalassian Elves that got affected by Void Energy on a manner just not dissimilar to Demon Hunters. They just aren't a "new race" and more of a self denominational nomenclature, being The Children of the Void being more of an identity issue, just as we see Alleria call herself.

So can a High Elf or a Blood Elf become a "Void Elf" in terms of self identity? Yeah, of course.

But can a High elf or Blood Elf become a "Void Elf" in the sense of replicating the level of void infusion that first botched ritual created? So far, we haven't seen that to be the case.

And then, is there a marked biological difference between a Void Elf like Umbric and one like Alleria, or is just the void infusion expressing itself differently? Could a new "Void Elf" end up growing hair tentacles and blue skin if they study/interact the Void in a certain manner? I think so, any elf that gets affected by the void on a genetic level, regardless if it is a sudden change or a slow process, would be a "genetic" Void Elf, whether they look like Alleria or Umbric. The only thing that really changes is the phenotype expression.

To me, the whole idea that "Void Elves" are a new "race" is inaccurate at its core, It's really just the same situation Demon Hunters are and they still see themselves as "Blood Elves". Because no matter how you gain that connection or infusion to the void, be it so like Alleria or Umbric's gang, the idea of being a "Void Elf" is entirely self-denominational.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I did a similar comparison!

Gah, really wish we could swap one of the blondes for that brown XD
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2021-09-10 at 12:09 AM.

That's the point to me where the definition of what a "Void Elf" is just very malleable. Like yes, the OG ones are blue, but *are* they another race? Are "Demon Hunters" another thalassian race?

What IS the difference between a "Void Elf" and an Elf with Void powers? Isn't Alleria also a Void Elf while looking exactly like a High Elf still?

I would say that from a "biological" standpoint, the OG Void Elves are just Thalassian Elves that got affected by Void Energy on a manner just not dissimilar to Demon Hunters. They just aren't a "new race" and more of a self denominational nomenclature, being The Children of the Void being more of an identity issue, just as we see Alleria call herself.

So can a High Elf or a Blood Elf become a "Void Elf" in terms of self identity? Yeah, of course.

But can a High elf or Blood Elf become a "Void Elf" in the sense of replicating the level of void infusion that first botched ritual created? So far, we haven't seen that to be the case.

And then, is there a marked biological difference between a Void Elf like Umbric and one like Alleria, or is just the void infusion expressing itself differently? Could a new "Void Elf" end up growing hair tentacles and blue skin if they study/interact the Void in a certain manner?

To me, the whole idea that "Void Elves" are a new "race" is inaccurate at its core, It's really just the same situation Demon Hunters are and they still see themselves as "Blood Elves". Because no matter how you gain that connection or infusion to the void, be it so like Alleria or Umbric's gang, the idea of being a "Void Elf" is entirely self-denominational.

- - - Updated - - -

Gah, really wish we could swap one of the blondes for that brown XD
    At some point, you really just have to accept that Warcraft Elves evolve/mutate into some new type/subspecies whenever they sneeze.