15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Blood Elves stopped being Alliance after the 2nd War.
    It clearly states that Anasterian did not feel that the Alliance had his people's interests at heart and then we had Garithos afterwards.

The Blood Elves and Lor'themar especially, had a clear link with Sylvanas, which in turn, brought them closer to the Horde. Kael'thas was aware of this allegiance and he pushed for it through Rommath.
    Lor'themar had no links to the Alliance, so joining the Horde was (and still remains) the better option.

If they were alliance, they'd be enveloped into "Human Potential" and we see how well that works for the Night Elves. It's part of the reason why I am such a Blood Elf fan - they would have 0 charm being Alliance. So bland and boring and just LOTR - I mean, if you want to play a race, that is allied to Humans and looks like Blood Elves (without the void stuff), play LOTRO.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's not about letting the elf haters get to me, it's all about what's fair. I mean, elves have 4 playable races at the moment. We're not exactly bleeding for options.

And, I remember how I felt when I saw WoD for the first time:
    "Great...more Orcs!"
    I don't want that same feeling to happen, about Elves. Yes, Elves will take a big stage in WoW because they are a large species, but just like Orcs in 2014, you can have far too much of a good thing.

I'd love more Blood Elf options, but I'm a realist and the fact is, we aren't starved for options. We can play as 4 different elves and RP 5 different elves. Sometimes, we have to take a step back and let the other races have their time. I mean, we're all still waiting for the Draenei and Darkspear Heritage armors.

Maybe San'layn/Dark Ranger options come available in 11.0 or something? Maybe "Rommath/Magister" tattoos come then as well?
    I am not sure how night elves are enveloped into human potential. We had at least three expansions heavily centered around night elves. So this is obv. not an argument
    Apart from this, blood elves did never fit into the horde because the whole aestetics is completly different.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I am not sure how night elves are enveloped into human potential. We had at least three expansions heavily centered around night elves. So this is obv. not an argument
    Apart from this, blood elves did never fit into the horde because the whole aestetics is completly different.
    Well neither did Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Goblins, Pandaren, Vulpera, Nightborne as well as many others, but the Horde is not just, the Orcs.
    Unfortunately, the Alliance writers haven't quite received the memo that the Alliance isn't just the Humans.

Did we forget "Human Potential: Shandris Feathermoon 2018."
    Keep doing you, Shandris, darling. Your a credit to the Kaldorei.

Only in the way that the human Alliance leader got almost all of them killed by neglect. Ooopsie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Only in the way that the human Alliance leader got almost all of them killed by neglect. Ooopsie.
    I'll call Shandris and tell her about your outdated views on the Humans.

I'll call Shandris and tell her about your outdated views on the Humans.
    Maybe she'll see the error of her ways now she's with Ysera at the Heart of the Forest, far away from any "human potential", so she can detox and clear her mind

15+ Year Old Account
    Well neither did Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Goblins, Pandaren, Vulpera, Nightborne as well as many others, but the Horde is not just, the Orcs.
    Unfortunately, the Alliance writers haven't quite received the memo that the Alliance isn't just the Humans.

Did we forget "Human Potential: Shandris Feathermoon 2018."
    Keep doing you, Shandris, darling. Your a credit to the Kaldorei.
    If you feel personally comfortable inside stinky tends in oggrimar as a blood elf, fine. But objectively it makes zero sense from either perspective
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

If you feel personally comfortable inside stinky tends in oggrimar as a blood elf, fine. But objectively it makes zero sense from either perspective
    Well no, considering the Blood Elf homeland is Quel'Thalas. Quel'Thalas is Horde land.

I mean, for those Blood Elves who do spend time in Orgrimmar, at least they still get screen time.

I mean, you could literally delete every Alliance race and just have the faction as "Humans" and the story would hardly be affected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well no, considering the Blood Elf homeland is Quel'Thalas. Quel'Thalas is Horde land.

I mean, for those Blood Elves who do spend time in Orgrimmar, at least they still get screen time.

I mean, you could literally delete every Alliance race and just have the faction as "Humans" and the story would hardly be affected.
    The only reason blooed elves are in the horde is because chinese female players wanted a pretty race.
    Same as Teldrassil only burned because they needed a plot device for their weird SL story. Some pills are bitter, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Here's a few more looks using the black and white with void skin tones. I especially like the death knight! Reminds me of Lady Death!

Very well done with the middle one, it's how I would imagine a Ren'dorei paladin. Did you base it on that concept?

The only reason blooed elves are in the horde is because chinese female players wanted a pretty race.
    Same as Teldrassil only burned because they needed a plot device for their weird SL story. Some pills are bitter, I know.
    The only reason why alliance got void elfs, was because alliance wanted to play with the thalassian model. And in case you've forgotten, the Blood Elves left the alliance in W3.

The stones were already set for the Sin'dorei to join the Horde or remain neutral-horde friendly. W3 events, Sylvanas joining the Horde...all there. You just need to accept that those aspects are not for you, if your not going to play Horde. Stick to the faction of "Humans and Pals."

15+ Year Old Account
    The only reason why alliance got void elfs, was because alliance wanted to play with the thalassian model.
    This is abs. correct.
    As I said, factions and are super weird in WoW. Nothing makes really sense, but imo the horde makes the least sense High elves/blood elves should never be in a faction of monsters. makes no sense, sorry.

This is abs. correct.
    As I said, factions and are super weird in WoW. Nothing makes really sense, but imo the horde makes the least sense High elves/blood elves should never be in a faction of monsters. makes no sense, sorry.
    And stereotyping the Horde is what makes me not like the Alliance fanbase. I don't know what it is with people like you who thinks they can dictate what each faction should be, but the Alliance is allowed to be a bit darker, but the Horde...NO! Must be only ORCS AND MONSTERS!!!!! RAWWWRR!

If you want the Horde to be "Sauron: LOTR Army" sort of thing, just play LOTRO. Azeroth is NOT Middle Earth. Sorry, but it's just fact.

I'm sorry that the alliance has crap writing with everything being about Humans. That's not the Horde fanbase's problem.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-14 at 09:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And stereotyping the Horde is what makes me not like the Alliance fanbase. I don't know what it is with people like you who thinks they can dictate what each faction should be, but the Alliance is allowed to be a bit darker, but the Horde...NO! Must be only ORCS AND MONSTERS!!!!! RAWWWRR!

If you want the Horde to be "Sauron: LOTR Army" sort of thing, just play LOTRO. Azeroth is NOT Middle Earth. Sorry, but it's just fact.

I'm sorry that the alliance has crap writing with everything being about Humans. That's not the Horde fanbase's problem.
    Yes, elves do not fit within a monster faction. It is a video game with proper aestetics and when I see something that does not fit I say it.
    Like... A B A B A B A B A B A B A B Y A B A B A B. Yes, the Y does not fit. I don't understand why you, or at least it looks like this, are so touchy about it.
    The horde has BEs because chinese female players wanted a pretty race. There is no other reason. It is the only reason. There is no deep lore connection or anything. I don't understand why you come up with that LOTR example all the time. There are more fantasy universes out there, and none of them has elves together with orcs and trolls. Apart from ofc.. DARK elves.

I mean to be honest for Blood Elves Orgimmar wouldn't feel all that more different from Stormwind.

Like the BE's that get out there clearly don't mind it, and the ones that do, well, they really wouldn't see much of a difference between Orcs and Humans lmao.

What I really don't like about the "Blood Elves make no sense on the Horde" is that, well, High Elves didn't make "sense" in the Alliance either, they joined in the second war out of necessity, not out of love. Of course some High Elves fell in love with the alliance and its people, but that's as much as true for some Blood Elves now on the Horde.

To say "objectively make zero sense" is just kinda disingenuous. The realm of Quel'thalas isn't in the Horde for the good vibes; they are in there because of politics and mutual aid, the same reason they were on the Alliance back when.

A Thalassian that would look down on the way of life of Orcs and other Horde races, would most likely do the same for the alliance races, cause that's just Xenophobia.

But at the end, it's really just politics within the universe, and "aesthetics" are utterly irrelevant to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason why alliance got void elfs, was because alliance wanted to play with the thalassian model. And in case you've forgotten, the Blood Elves left the alliance in W3.

The stones were already set for the Sin'dorei to join the Horde or remain neutral-horde friendly. W3 events, Sylvanas joining the Horde...all there. You just need to accept that those aspects are not for you, if your not going to play Horde. Stick to the faction of "Humans and Pals."

Hum... No.

QT was going to be Alliance. Even in Vanilla, a faction named as Remnants of Silvermoon was introduced on the ptr (but never got implemented on live).
    And there was an Alliance high elve on the road leading QT hinting that Silvermoon was going to be Alliance.

So no. Blood elves are Horde for gameplay and marketing reasons.

And no we never wanted the thalassian model. We just wanted the Alliance to be complete again.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Yes, elves do not fit within a monster faction. It is a video game with proper aestetics and when I see something that does not fit I say it.
    Like... A B A B A B A B A B A B A B Y A B A B A B. Yes, the Y does not fit. I don't understand why you, or at least it looks like this, are so touchy about it.
    The horde has BEs because chinese female players wanted a pretty race. There is no other reason. It is the only reason. There is no deep lore connection or anything. I don't understand why you come up with that LOTR example all the time. There are more fantasy universes out there, and none of them has elves together with orcs and trolls. Apart from ofc.. DARK elves.
    And when I see something that is bad story, I say it. Alliance story is bad. It's a meme at this point.

The Horde has Blood Elves because the story was set up from W3. They left the alliance because of racism.
    You just don't like that story set up because it took things you like, to the faction you don't like. Not my problem, I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Hum... No.

QT was going to be Alliance. Even in Vanilla, a faction named as Remnants of Silvermoon was introduced on the ptr (but never got implemented on live).
    And there was an Alliance high elve on the road leading QT hinting that Silvermoon was going to be Alliance.

And no we never wanted the thalassian model. We just wanted the Alliance to be complete again.
    Your just ignoring the racism behind why the Blood Elves left the alliance.

again, it's taking features you like to the faction you don't like. Its not my fault your Alliance has crap writing which makes everything about the Humans. Honestly, I'm all for deleting the alliance races, barring Humans, at this point, because it wouldn't actually impact on the Alliance story.

Get over the Sin'dorei, Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon already.

15+ Year Old Account
    And when I see something that is bad story, I say it. Alliance story is bad. It's a meme at this point.

The Horde has Blood Elves because the story was set up from W3. They left the alliance because of racism.
    You just don't like that story set up because it took things you like, to the faction you don't like. Not my problem, I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Your just ignoring the racism behind why the Blood Elves left the alliance.

again, it's taking features you like to the faction you don't like. Its not my fault your Alliance has crap writing which makes everything about the Humans. Honestly, I'm all for deleting the alliance races, barring Humans, at this point, because it wouldn't actually impact on the Alliance story.
    Jesus (I don't believe in Jesus, but I like to say "Jesus"), can someone please get him this official quote from blizzard...

Jesus (I don't believe in Jesus, but I like to say "Jesus"), can someone please get him this official quote from blizzard...
    I've seen the quote - but you still don't like the story from W3 which was set up.
    Again, you just don't like that story.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Hum... No.

We can't confirm that's true tho; like yeah, we can make a pretty good Guess that High Elves could have been an alliance race, but Quel'thalas and the blood elves themselves? I think we were actually closer to them being enemies on a future expansion rather than Silvermoon being alliance.

Considering the ended up splitting the BE into "good" and "bad" ones, I think it is the far more likely scenario.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the quote - but you still don't like the story from W3 which was set up.
    Again, you just don't like that story.
    Great, so why are we still agueing? I even said mult. times that silvermoon is fine as it is. No one wants to take your precious blood elves from the stinky tends of derpimarr. I don't understand why you seem to be so defensiv about BEs all the time. There is stuff that is just fact and why we ended up where we are.