5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Class Skins could change that, and it would be awesome, but right now, with paladins only being able to channel Holy Light, it really doesn't make sense for Void Elves to even be paladins on the first place, so we DO need the idea of a paradigm shift through Class Skins for it to really work.
    I was talking in context that it would be a Class Skin/Void Knight. I agree that currently it's not happening if they're only able to channel Holy Light per status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I was talking in context that it would be a Class Skin/Void Knight. I agree that currently it's not happening if they're only able to channel Holy Light per status quo.
    Yeah, I was just stressing how a "Void Knight" is just very different in concept to the differences we see between Paladins and Prelates/Sunwalkers. We need a legit paradigm shift of class skins so that the idea of Void Knight/Riftblade makes sense.

Yeah, I was just stressing how a "Void Knight" is just very different in concept to the differences we see between Paladins and Prelates/Sunwalkers. We need a legit paradigm shift of class skins so that the idea of Void Knight/Riftblade makes sense.
    Void knight is the only concept that interests me, I'm not really into high elf paladins tbh. Given that, I wonder how Blizz monitor these fan requests. Class skins brings lot of attention on forums and people seem to be passionate about it. They also open space for new race/class combos, so they'll most likely be selling point of an expansion.

They already have countless great suggestions from fans. With things like glyphs and warlock's green fire questline, we need it's possible to alter class animations.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brandolf123 View Post
    the high elf customization options for void elves arent good enough

the racial triggers and turns your skin purple

only acceptable thing is for high elves to be their own race
    Dont push it, you should be happy you got the option in the first place. High elves were already playable since 2007.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Alternate heritage armor options when?
    The blue silver one looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dont push it, you should be happy you got the option in the first place. High elves were already playable since 2007.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I would make the void wings an optional cape piece instead so they can be toggled off and the space-thing effect on this version of the set would be gems instead, but I couldn't do that with photoshop.

Thanks. I would make the void wings an optional cape piece instead so they can be toggled off and the space-thing effect on this version of the set would be gems instead, but I couldn't do that with photoshop.
    Void wings definitely should be back transmog and then we should have two options for chest slot - bare chest/bra with a collar we have today and a second one being regular tunic/robe. Other races (blood elves, worgen) have choice of tunic/robe too.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    The problem with Eldre'thalas is that the Silver Covenant high elves and the void elves are too hung up on getting Quel'thalas for either themselves or into the Alliance *with* the blood elves as per Vereesa, Umbric and Alleria's own words.

The Highvale high elves have their own self-sufficient village so wouldn't be interested either.

The majority of night elves see north-east Kalimdor as their homeland, rebuilding Eldre'thalas would be weird for them as it is far to the south, away from their homeland, and they made that mistake already with Feathermoon Stronghold.

The Draenei have shown no big interest in building a shared city, or nation, with the night elves except for one small village that probably got wrecked by the Horde during the Fourth War. There are draenei settlers with the Highvale elves, but again it seems neither of those two are interested in packing up shop and heading to Kalimdor.

That leaves the Shen'dralar and a very large group of those died during the Fourth War so alone they wouldn't stand a chance to reclaim Eldre'thalas for generations.

(ignoring Blizzard's style of writing in all this ofcourse).
    a bit late but anyway

one thing I'd really like is for them to do a Dathremar 2.0 and eventually abandon their claim in Quel'thalas considering that they're pretty much hated now, especially Vereesa as she and her Silver Covenant brethren were massacring the Sunreavers and she made an attempted murder on Rommath, who's one of the highest ranks in Silvermoon

the Highvale are out, yep

the Draenei's mastery and interest of the arcane is criminally underused like they're supposed to be better than everyone else but nah it's all humans and some non-human tokens (well that's the Alliance for you); but considering that they're also in Dalaran, Stormwind, etc. I think it shouldn't be a stretch for them to take interest in Eldre'thalas considering it would also an arcane hub
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Void knight is the only concept that interests me, I'm not really into high elf paladins tbh. Given that, I wonder how Blizz monitor these fan requests. Class skins brings lot of attention on forums and people seem to be passionate about it. They also open space for new race/class combos, so they'll most likely be selling point of an expansion.

They already have countless great suggestions from fans. With things like glyphs and warlock's green fire questline, we need it's possible to alter class animations.
    I do too like the idea of Riftblades as a class skin for a combo currently not available for VE's. There are so many race specific fantasies that could work so well with the idea of class skins.

As whether it should be paladin or something else (DH? Just warrior with more cool looking spells?) isn't the focus for me, although personally I would like new class/race combos.

I do too like the idea of Riftblades as a class skin for a combo currently not available for VE's. There are so many race specific fantasies that could work so well with the idea of class skins.

As whether it should be paladin or something else (DH? Just warrior with more cool looking spells?) isn't the focus for me, although personally I would like new class/race combos.
    I'd say DHs need more race representation, given they are available only for one race per faction. The problem is in class animation I guess, some of them are actually tied to metamorphosis visuals, which are based on elves. Adding the class to non elf race means they would need to create whole new set of animations, which is way more then creating new druid forms or shaman totems. Given class skins, it could not be that huge issue, since they work on premise of altering class visuals in the first place.

So yes. Class skins could indeed open up interesting class/race combos across all races. As for void elves, Void knights and riftblades seem as cool concepts. I can also imagine Astromancer skin for mages and Voidcaller skin for warlocks (replacing demons for void beings/faceless and altering fire spells to Void). So many possibilites. So many flavors

I'd say DHs need more race representation, given they are available only for one race per faction. The problem is in class animation I guess, some of them are actually tied to metamorphosis visuals, which are based on elves. Adding the class to non elf race means they would need to create whole new set of animations, which is way more then creating new druid forms or shaman totems. Given class skins, it could not be that huge issue, since they work on premise of altering class visuals in the first place.

So yes. Class skins could indeed open up interesting class/race combos across all races. As for void elves, Void knights and riftblades seem as cool concepts. I can also imagine Astromancer skin for mages and Voidcaller skin for warlocks (replacing demons for void beings/faceless and altering fire spells to Void). So many possibilites. So many flavors
    Urgh, it would really do SO MUCH for race fantasy; like a Voidcaller skin for VE's would be so good, Demonology specifically just fits the fantasy of a void creature summoner so well!

I do hope we see more (non elven) races getting baseline DH's as well. I will be an endeavor for sure, but they already did it for monks!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I hear this alot and it makes sense you want it seperated. I remember when people asked for the robe and chin piece from nightborne to be seperated so melee classes would be able to wear it as a non skirt option.

No response ever.. from blizz.

Yea, I hear this alot and it makes sense you want it seperated. I remember when people asked for the robe and chin piece from nightborne to be seperated so melee classes would be able to wear it as a non skirt option.

No response ever.. from blizz.
    They certainly should do it. Now with their new customizations, chin piece could be just... customization and not part of Heritage. I also support idea of heritage armors having two different modes, like blood elf and worgen heritage do. Plus giving us recolors of heritage armors, nightborne heritage looked really good in red, especially when they are on team red.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely agree with people saying that more heritage armour colours would be a great thing but I'm actually really vibing with the purple and gold fabulousness that the current colours and new customisations allow for:

Combine the pet I've got out and the void-y phoenix mount from Cata and I feel like you can channel your inner Kael! Purple flavour!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I definitely agree with people saying that more heritage armour colours would be a great thing but I'm actually really vibing with the purple and gold fabulousness that the current colours and new customisations allow for:

Combine the pet I've got out and the void-y phoenix mount from Cata and I feel like you can channel your inner Kael! Purple flavour!
    Indeed, blonde hair kinda looks awesome with the tentacles; the contrast between yellow and purple is just *chef's kiss*

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, blonde hair kinda looks awesome with the tentacles; the contrast between yellow and purple is just *chef's kiss*
    Hehe true! I think it looks great!

- - - Updated - - -

Meh... Blood elves are Fel elves. Their racials are about forcibly stealing magic.

Actually if we wanted to be precise, a further divide into high elves and light elves would be the more precise. But, they just exist as say... a sub race of the other two.
    Kind of like the wildhammer exist on the regular bronzebeard dwarf.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-26 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    a bit late but anyway
    Rather late then never, luckily! Even if I am extremely slow to respond myself because I only visit this forum once or twice a week.

one thing I'd really like is for them to do a Dathremar 2.0 and eventually abandon their claim in Quel'thalas considering that they're pretty much hated now, especially Vereesa as she and her Silver Covenant brethren were massacring the Sunreavers and she made an attempted murder on Rommath, who's one of the highest ranks in Silvermoon
    While I get where you are coming from, the leadership of the Silver Covenant has repeated again and again, for decades, that Silvermoon was there home, they still consider it their home, they will never relinquish their claim on it (weak as it is) and they have fought and died to protect it too.

The leadership of the void elves has echoed this sentiment, and also will keep considering Silvermoon their home.

And both factions have expressed the desire to "return Silvermoon to the Alliance", one way or the other.

A Dath'remar wouldn't suit their style because the exile of the Highborne happened after the Highborne lost their power, their prestige and their cities and the entire night elven people underwent a cultural shift from arcane empire to nature dwellers, something neither the Silver Covenant nor the void elves have undergone.

So unless both of those factions do a 180 on their repeated goals, wishes and dreams, it's not something that I'll see happen. (Especially since Alleria Windrunner is the wife of the Regent of Stormwind, the most powerful position within the Alliance at the moment and the Regent has admitted to wanting to see what more former Alliance holdings they can reclaim!).

the Draenei's mastery and interest of the arcane is criminally underused like they're supposed to be better than everyone else but nah it's all humans and some non-human tokens (well that's the Alliance for you); but considering that they're also in Dalaran, Stormwind, etc. I think it shouldn't be a stretch for them to take interest in Eldre'thalas considering it would also an arcane hub
    It is, but the same can be said for most races. Silver Covenant lives in Dalaran, yet they somehow field mostly Farstriders and Ranger, Draenei field mostly Paladins and Priests (with the odd Broken Draenei Shaman), and night elves field Priests of Elune and Druids.

Humans field everything in the meantime and "Alliance" High Command consists of Anduin Wrynn, Genn Greymane, Jaina Proudmoore, Mathias Shaw and Halford Wyrmbane, no non-human insight.

I'd say DHs need more race representation, given they are available only for one race per faction.
    Personally I'd dig Demon Hunters for the void elves and nightborne (or maybe Zandalari Demoniacs?).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Personally I'd dig Demon Hunters for the void elves and nightborne (or maybe Zandalari Demoniacs?).
    VE and NB would be the perfect choices both for lore and dev reasons; the assets are already there, and it's as likely that BE DH train NB, as it is for NE DH to look into VE's for a more "open" pool of potential initiates.

But if like new DK, new DH's could be trained, I think that opens opportunities to several, if not all, races, cause we kinda have seen great warlocks from pretty much every species (also a Feltotem DH would be amazing)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Hehe true! I think it looks great!
    Honestly I'm seriously considering giving my purple haired VE priest blonde hair.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Meh... Blood elves are Fel elves. Their racials are about forcibly stealing magic.

Actually if we wanted to be precise, a further divide into high elves and light elves would be the more precise. But, they just exist as say... a sub race of the other two.
    Kind of like the wildhammer exist on the regular bronzebeard dwarf.
    Blood elves are not fell elves, it's a common mistake people make. The most they had some fel radiation, they never went all the way. Fel elves are like the felborne or these actual fell elves from the Sunwell raid to be precise.

Nah light elves is just a name that went it's own life on sites like these, also the place were they were first called like this(I know it's those light elves with brown skin from some other game). I like the name blood elf, I hope the name stays if that ever becomes some topic. The sunwell is what made it so and appearntly not every blood elf is infused with it according to what we see ingame. Hell, they even forgot about the whole cleansing, since golden eyes which was an appearent reaction of it, was only given to blood elves in bfa, the cleansing was in 2007, suddenly calling them differently doesn't make much sense and neither is a subrace of them.

I don't think we would need further diving in that sense, both groups you namecalled already excist and they have their costumization options already available, its more flavour of elves we already have and since one of them is available on both sides it should probably stay like this, since it already was the best outcome to the whole high elf debate that went on a little to long. It's already a huge favor, since they were literally playable since 2007, so there you go.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-27 at 07:33 PM.

Honestly I'm seriously considering giving my purple haired VE priest blonde hair.
    My priest on ptr!