> Equating giving Silvermoon to the Alliance to giving red eyes to the Ren'dorei

Yep, just another day on classy MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    > Equating giving Silvermoon to the Alliance to giving red eyes to the Ren'dorei

Yep, just another day on classy MMO-Champion.
    Exactly. Blizzard isn't gonna give every bullshit players want. And I'm fine with it.

The last thing the Alliance needs is red eyed elves hanging out in Stormwind.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    And I want Silvermoon to be Alliance again.

You see my point ?
    it's natural that people want void customization for void elves

Apparently there IS a new NPC string for Vereesa on the PTR, so she will show up. Wonder if it will be anything beyond some gossip text at the end, or anything more substantial. Regardless, I do think we'll see more of her on the Sylvanas book than the game itself.

I would like if her appearance made a reference to her story on the Folk & Fairy Tales book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    people want it
    In my opinion, this is the best void elf customisation proposal I have seen..

I particualrly like the

1. Corruptions
    2. new eye colours
    3. The purpling of the hands in the skin coloru section - this shoulda separate option from skin colour and should have some void glow effects at the far end of the scale.
    4. Although missing from this, you should be able to customise your entropic embrace - and they should give a light version. So some options for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    In my opinion, this is the best void elf customisation proposal I have seen..

I particualrly like the

1. Corruptions
    2. new eye colours
    3. The purpling of the hands in the skin coloru section - this shoulda separate option from skin colour and should have some void glow effects at the far end of the scale.
    4. Although missing from this, you should be able to customise your entropic embrace - and they should give a light version. So some options for that too.
    there are very good ideas for void customization

there are very good ideas for void customization
    That looks awesome!

I'd love it if my Void Elf Mage could have something like that, just to show that he still retains some of his former "Quel'dorei" self, but it delving further into both Void and Arcane study.
    The tattoos could either show Arcane Mastery or Void Mastery, depending on your RP.

Since my Void Elf Mage is purely Arcane, I'd go with Arcane Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    That looks awesome!

I'd love it if my Void Elf Mage could have something like that, just to show that he still retains some of his former "Quel'dorei" self, but it delving further into both Void and Arcane study.
    The tattoos could either show Arcane Mastery or Void Mastery, depending on your RP.

Since my Void Elf Mage is purely Arcane, I'd go with Arcane Mastery.
    Urgh I wish I had spent more time on the tattoo. I bet I could make a better looking one now heh

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Urgh I wish I had spent more time on the tattoo. I bet I could make a better looking one now heh
    It really is amazing work btw.

Well done.

Is anyone suggesting this to blizzard on the official forums?

I like the tattoo style
    I like the purple patches.

Void elves could get
    1. void taint skin effects - these have degrees of purple on the skin, so from just hands and and feet, and then growing - obviously it can work on all skin shades, but it's most pronounced on the paler skin shades. Your example would be the second to last highest setting. Highest setting might add a purple fire like glow to the hands.

2. Tattoos. Your design is quite cool, so blizzard would provide a few variations
    3. Tattoo colour - colours would be 3 shades of purple, 2 x shades of blue, 1 x white/silver, 1 x forest green, 1 x pink, 1 x darker gold (like the race crest)

4. Void corruptions: like in the picture above. Second pair of eyes, void eye, void spikes, also void tentacles (one option on back, one on arm)
    5. New eye types (placed in the eye colour category) - like in the picture above, 3 types of void eyes, black eye colour and also normal non-glowy eyes
    6. Entropic form customisation: a variety of options for your entropic embrace, including a light version which could alternatively be a glyph for those who role play as high elves.
    7. Some additional fuller beard options.
    8. Void corruptions - like in the picture above
    9. Jewelery options - a jewellery bar - can add a necklace, forehead gem and head band of vearying deisigns (purple and blue gem colour, only gold optoin

Blood elves:
    1. Tattoos : like that beautiful gold one in the blood elf thread, - various styles including that seen on Rommath.
    2. Tattoo colours: 3 x green options, 2 x red options, 2 x gold (brighter golds), 1 x fiery orange, 1 x brown, 1 x black , 1 x blue option [compettive fans, it's not about who gets more or less, it's about what fits the racial colours)
    3. Scars: scar options, like those seen on Lor'themar
    4. Eye colours: Red eye colour, non-glowy eye colour options
    5. Open up undead faces from DK class available to other classes - so you can actually role play a dark fallen (DKs keep the smoky frost eyes for themselves)
    6. Open up Illidari customisation to the warlock class
    7. More rough beard options, fuller beards, less pristine - this is to represent farstrider types or even roleplay a recovering wretched,
    8. Magical effects: 3 glowing balls like Kael'thas has - can be fire colour, blood red colour, fel colour, arcane frost blue colour

Night Elves:
    1. Star tattoos: Tyrande night warrior tattoo, Tyrande avatar of Elune star tattoos. Great for the priest and Highborne fantasy, also works on the druid too
    2. Magical star effects: Similar to Moonkin astral form: boosts both the priest and Highborne arcane night elf fantasy. Showers of stars, arcane star effects,
    3. Selection of additional faces for males similar to what they did for Nightborne, that look young, without growls etc - smooth skinned versions of the existing NElf ones could work.
    4. Neck posture adjustment on NElf males- to look like the classic night elf, this was fixed in the Zandalari troll model, and Nightborne posture changed that for Nightborne.
    5. NElf males have in addition the neat beard option they had removed
    6. Eye colour options: Blue-black colour and Emerald green colour (in addition to the black eyes, the blue shade of black that was removed should also return as an additional option, Emerald green glow like m
    7. Thin manicured eyebrow type option - for highborne and temple priestess/priest fantasy
    8. Hair effects: Change vines to a slider, you can now have vines or stars in your hair, star options can be silver, purple and blue tinged.

Nightborne

1. Ear options - different sizes and shapes - would be nice if you could at least get night elf ear options so you could remake Aluriel or Elisande or just plain ol if you don't like the nightborne ear shape.
    2. Eye colour options would be nice too, should at least get a blue , gold and purple. They're night elves afterall.
    3. Conjured armor - rather than make these gear either ofr pick up or worse, only on NPCs you see in Suramar, this should actually be a customisation option, because they can conjure this and you still can't get that npc armor.. Id on't mind if you have to complete the full story line to unlock the customisation (like night warrior eyes) but it would be awesome if an option)
    Last edited by Mace; 2021-11-29 at 04:59 PM.

Just some additions

5. Open up undead faces from DK class available to other classes - so you can actually role play a dark fallen (DKs keep the smoky frost eyes for themselves)
    undeath is not thematic blood elf. the blood elves have arcane, light, ranger themes mainly.
    It seems to me that giving DK customizations to other classes makes the DK class less unique and original when, because it is a hero class, it must have many unique things such as customization.
    but if they are going to give DK skins to the other blood elves classes that should be enabled for all races because all races have those skins.

undeath is not thematic blood elf. the blood elves have arcane, light, ranger themes mainly.
    It seems to me that giving DK customizations to other classes makes the DK class less unique and original when, because it is a hero class, it must have many unique things such as customization.
    but if they are going to give DK skins to the other blood elves classes that should be enabled for all races because all races have those skins.
    Not all races have an undead faction. Only humans and high elves.

I don't think the blood elf crowd would appreciate it if the void elves also got the undead options.

you may not want it, but there is more to the blood elves than the thematic norm. Illidari are not thematic to the blood elves at all, they are night elf based separate faction that expanded in TBC, yet you can play an Illidari blood elf.

It is the same with DKs... DKs are undead, and you can play them, they are not thematic to the blood elves. I presume the idea behind these requests is for blood elf players to be able to roleplay one of the dark fallen - be it one of those rangers with red eyes, or one of the dark fallen you meet in Icecrown Citadel... this option makes it possible, to do so as a race rather than just the DK.

Does that happen.

Not all races have an undead faction. Only humans and high elves.

I don't think the blood elf crowd would appreciate it if the void elves also got the undead options.

you may not want it, but there is more to the blood elves than the thematic norm. Illidari are not thematic to the blood elves at all, they are night elf based separate faction that expanded in TBC, yet you can play an Illidari blood elf.

It is the same with DKs... DKs are undead, and you can play them, they are not thematic to the blood elves. I presume the idea behind these requests is for blood elf players to be able to roleplay one of the dark fallen - be it one of those rangers with red eyes, or one of the dark fallen you meet in Icecrown Citadel... this option makes it possible, to do so as a race rather than just the DK.

Does that happen.
    doing that makes DKs less unique. I think they should give more customization to the DK or make that all races can also have them since all other races also have DK skins.

Shouldn't the thread be renamed to "Official Highelf options for void elves discussion mega thread?

You know since, velves are now the defacto playable helves via helf options, but still velves.

Only saying this since your gonna make normies think they're playing a race they're not.

doing that makes DKs less unique. I think they should give more customization to the DK or make that all races can also have them since all other races also have DK skins.
    You can't use DK for Dark Ranger fantasy, or for San'layn caster/rogue fantasy.

Expanding DK customization does not make sense for all races. It makes sense for blood elves and humans, because their nations were nearly wiped out by the Scourge and huge number of their fallen were risen and later had a chance break free. Humans are already covered by the Forsaken, playable Undead elf archetype is not properly available and blood elf DKs are not enough.

No other race have meaningful Undead subfaction which we interacted with before.

DKs are unique enough in every race.. you don't need to avoid having the option to play a dark ranger or dark fallen to prevent DKS from being unique. Being undead is a known condition for a large portion of humans and elves who were effected by the scourge of WC3, this is why you have the faction in the first place.. where would you put playable undead elves?

You already have DKs, but they are a class, and we know darkfallen can be several classes they were in life. Besides DK is a class, it's unique enough, having an undead skin available to other blood elf classes so those how want to roleplay as an undead blood elf/high elf actually boosts the blood elves.

I know you want them to be part of the forsaken, but they are undead elves, not humans, they should either be on the horde with the blood elves, or on the alliance with the void elves - or both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    You can't use DK for Dark Ranger fantasy, or for San'layn caster/rogue fantasy.

Expanding DK customization does not make sense for all races. It makes sense for blood elves and humans, because their nations were nearly wiped out by the Scourge and huge number of their fallen were risen and later had a chance break free. Humans are already covered by the Forsaken, playable Undead elf archetype is not properly available and blood elf DKs are not enough.

No other race have meaningful Undead subfaction which we interacted with before.
    Exactly. He just doesn't want blood elves to have undead, and yet they have DKs. Rhlor seems to think the dark ranger, san'layn and darkfallen elf fantasies should not be playable via the blood elves. I disagree. I blood elves can have the Illidari fantasy playable and they're not part of the blood elf nation, same wit the DK blood elves, I don't see why they can't have the separate faction of dark fallen.

HE seems to think that playing the the option means that the blood elves would be friends with the darkfallen.

But then he has made that error before with Night elves and highborne/mage type options. Not realising you can have a faction of Moonguard, farondis or shen'dralar that don't necessarily have to be part of the Darnassians in order to be playable. Given that the Illidari night elves are not part of the Darnassians but are playable, nor are the DK night elves not part of the Daranssiasn but are playble. However with the Highborne, it's more integrated because there is a faction of them with the Darnassians too, as well as 2 factions of them not. Which is why it's odd that better customisations don't exist for them, yet we have great ones for Illidari and DKs. (yes I know it's more the class), but then the highborne are a very famous part of the ngiht elf race, and the pre-sundering era is the origin genesis state of the race at it's height, it should be very well represented and visible alongside other facets introduced in WC3 and other periods.

Exactly. He just doesn't want blood elves to have undead, and yet they have DKs. Rhlor seems to think the dark ranger, san'layn and darkfallen elf fantasies should not be playable via the blood elves. I disagree. I blood elves can have the Illidari fantasy playable and they're not part of the blood elf nation, same wit the DK blood elves, I don't see why they can't have the separate faction of dark fallen.

HE seems to think that playing the the option means that the blood elves would be friends with the darkfallen.

But then he has made that error before with Night elves and highborne/mage type options. Not realising you can have a faction of Moonguard, farondis or shen'dralar that don't necessarily have to be part of the Darnassians in order to be playable. Given that the Illidari night elves are not part of the Darnassians but are playable, nor are the DK night elves not part of the Daranssiasn but are playble. However with the Highborne, it's more integrated because there is a faction of them with the Darnassians too, as well as 2 factions of them not. Which is why it's odd that better customisations don't exist for them, yet we have great ones for Illidari and DKs. (yes I know it's more the class), but then the highborne are a very famous part of the ngiht elf race, and the pre-sundering era is the origin genesis state of the race at it's height, it should be very well represented and visible alongside other facets introduced in WC3 and other periods.
    Well, we certainly all agree that blood elves deserve further customizations to highlight various facets of their culture. I agree that having Light and Arcane options make sense given their recent development and influence of Sunwell based on both Light and Arcane. I also think that having Fel and Undead (Death) options make sense too, since it's part of their history and it's a reflection of the dark times they had to endure and overcome.

Dark Rangers and San'layn are now among most requested things. It's true that lore wise, Dark Rangers are part of Forsaken society and San'layn would be most likely incorporated into them as well, but it does not matter actually. Gameplay wise, the easiest solution is to allow blood elves have undead options available. The only problem is with paladin class, but you can easily lock these option for paladins in a same way DKs and DHs have regular eye customizations locked and have their own special eye options. Developing new elf features for forsaken or enabling them alternate models seem to be way more complicated investment then just unlocking already existing features for all classes.

I also don't understand why having these options on blood elves does have to indicate any kind of friendship between living thalassians and the undead group. With Shadowlands, we got several options for various racial subgroups without any lore attached to it or any changes within existing societies - sand trolls did not become part of Darkspears, but there are options for sand troll fantasy now. High elves did not officialy merged with void elves or blood elves and still we have these options available on both thalassian groups. With undead elves being part of the Horde for years now, it feels only justified to allow Horde players to have that option opened, in the same way Alliance got Wildhammers, High elves or Highborne kaldorei. It's just more options for players with no additional lore attached.

It should be up to you what story you chose for your character and the more tools you have for your character, the better.

DKs are unique enough in every race.. you don't need to avoid having the option to play a dark ranger or dark fallen to prevent DKS from being unique. Being undead is a known condition for a large portion of humans and elves who were effected by the scourge of WC3, this is why you have the faction in the first place.. where would you put playable undead elves?

You already have DKs, but they are a class, and we know darkfallen can be several classes they were in life. Besides DK is a class, it's unique enough, having an undead skin available to other blood elf classes so those how want to roleplay as an undead blood elf/high elf actually boosts the blood elves.

I know you want them to be part of the forsaken, but they are undead elves, not humans, they should either be on the horde with the blood elves, or on the alliance with the void elves - or both.

- - - Updated - - -

I always supported at all times that the night elves should have highborne customization options I liked that they gave blonde hair to the night elves we know that dath'remar had blonde hair when he was a night elf. I always told you, the shendrelar are part of the night elf society and deserve to be represented, where we differ is in the level of representation. I believe that the night elf society should be mainly druidic and secondarily have highborne elements.

but this is not the thread to talk about it.

I also support that the forsaken have elf customization, the dark ranger are part of the forsaken society, they live in the forsaken kingdom, they swore allegiance to the forsaken and their racial leader was an undead elf. the dark ranger belong to the forsaken, not the blood elves.

Sanlayn are cannibal monsters that on the only occasion that Sylvanas allowed them to participate in the horde, they worked alongside the forsaken and dedicated themselves to eating horde soldiers.

however I think that the void elves could have an undead elves as a customization as you well said many were high elves who died in the 3rd war maybe some of them wanted to return to work for the alliance also the void elves live in a society infused with dark energy and create undeads as we saw in zandalar

I always supported at all times that the night elves should have highborne customization options I liked that they gave blonde hair to the night elves we know that dath'remar had blonde hair when he was a night elf. I always told you, the shendrelar are part of the night elf society and deserve to be represented, where we differ is in the level of representation. I believe that the night elf society should be mainly druidic and secondarily have highborne elements.

but this is not the thread to talk about it.

I also support that the forsaken have elf customization, the dark ranger are part of the forsaken society, they live in the forsaken kingdom, they swore allegiance to the forsaken and their racial leader was an undead elf. the dark ranger belong to the forsaken, not the blood elves.

Sanlayn are cannibal monsters that on the only occasion that Sylvanas allowed them to participate in the horde, they worked alongside the forsaken and dedicated themselves to eating horde soldiers.

however I think that the void elves could have an undead elves as a customization as you well said many were high elves who died in the 3rd war maybe some of them wanted to return to work for the alliance also the void elves live in a society infused with dark energy and create undeads as we saw in zandalar
    Why are we limiting options though?
    I mean, some San'layn might feel the same as some Illidari. (Both being former and current parts of the Illidari faction.)

I see no reason why Blood Elves can't get red eyes, when Dark Rangers have been such a big thing within the Horde for the past 2 expansions.
    Dark Rangers also consider themselves both Forsaken and Sin'dorei and feel kinship with the latter. Hell, when Lor'themar spoke the Thalassian language to Sylvanas, she was taken aback.
    We can't take the elf out of the Dark Ranger.

Red eyes don't even need to be considered "San'layn features." You could label them as "Dark Ranger" features, but open them to Mages, Warlocks and Priests and then it gives Sin'dorei RP'ers the ability to RP a cannibal San'layn.
    Expand on the features...I mean, San'layn can also help extend the idea of blood magic expertise, knowledge and advanced uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Why are we limiting options though?
    I mean, some San'layn might feel the same as some Illidari. (Both being former and current parts of the Illidari faction.)
    Some San'layn may feel like Forsaken too and might want to find their place in the world without an entity enslaving them.

I see no reason why Blood Elves can't get red eyes, when Dark Rangers have been such a big thing within the Horde for the past 2 expansions.
    Dark Rangers also consider themselves both Forsaken and Sin'dorei and feel kinship with the latter. Hell, when Lor'themar spoke the Thalassian language to Sylvanas, she was taken aback.
    We can't take the elf out of the Dark Ranger.
    I think Dark Rangers and returning San'layn would make perfect force for defending Ghostlands against remnants of the Scourge, which are still there (as seen in Three Sisters comic). That would help Farstriders a greatly in securing Quel'thalas against other threats, possibly only Amani now (I guess Wretched were already dealt with years ago, as well as intruding night elves).

Red eyes don't even need to be considered "San'layn features." You could label them as "Dark Ranger" features, but open them to Mages, Warlocks and Priests and then it gives Sin'dorei RP'ers the ability to RP a cannibal San'layn.
    Expand on the features...I mean, San'layn can also help extend the idea of blood magic expertise, knowledge and advanced uses.
    Given that eye glow is a result of magic school elves practise or are exposed to, red eyes might be also nice for displaying sin'dorei connection to the fire element, there might be different variants of red eyes on blood elves. Also, expanding on use of blood magic on blood elves is also pretty cool, I'm up for that.

Also, this should be a Horde thing. There is no way void elves should get that while blood elves do not.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-11-30 at 08:58 PM.