Why this thread is still up if they added High Elves for alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    I think we're in hell and the High Elf pedants are the torturers.

It's funny how you think all this thread is, is a big beg for high elves. You sound salty about it.
    If you don't read the thread, just ignore it, but unlike what you believe, people talk about all aspects of void/high elf here.

In case it needs clarification, this is not just a "make High Elves playable" thread. It's also a thread where we talk about... high elves, and what might happen/potential/HE characters and the like.

There are also NE, NB and BE threads. People just like to talk about some races? It's not a hard concept to grasp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's funny how you think all this thread is, is a big beg for high elves. You sound salty about it.
    If you don't read the thread, just ignore it, but unlike what you believe, people talk about all aspects of void/high elf here.
    Kinda agree. Seems all the input they have on this thread is to be offended somehow at it still be going on lmao.

At this point I think it should be clear that we just like to talk about high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    he probably was going to quote you something else and pasted my quote on yours by mistake

- - - Updated - - -

well blood elves are high elves, and they take the name in honor of the fallen high elves; if anything they would see insisting on retaining the high elf brand and refusing to take the blood elf name as extremely disrespectful since its like disrespecting and disregarding the fallen high elves who sacrificed their lives
    Sadly blizzard hasn't elaborated on this.

Thing is the dual nature of names in warcraft.. it has happened a few times that the name of the race is also the name of the faction, but the two entitties can be different.

I remember The moon twins making a point about this for night elves. High elf is the race, but High Elf is also a faction. so while blood elves are high elves, they aren't The High Elves. This is why I just call them Thalassian as a race.

Personally, I think that blood elves have mourned the falen enough, and that Sin'dorei has taken on much more of a meaning, to represent a different state of mind and being. The blood elves are changed now, that softer more "noble" mindset that characterised the high elf, the tip toeing around magic in order to be "responsible" and that benevolent disposition is now secondary.

Blood elves are powerful, and seek power, "we will never be humiliated again" or nearly destroyed, caught unawares because we are too scared to use our powers... it ist his that high elves don't understand. They are more worried about corruption and dangeorus magics getting you than they are about survival. This mindset is very kaldorei long vigil too - and the lbood elves have shed the last vestiges of that.

It is worth noticing that the Illidari , void elves also share this view, and so do the highborne amongst the night elves and the order of the black moon and likely the wardens and sentinels who also took part. It means most of our playable elf groups don't think that way. However, I bet the High elves and the druids still think that way primarily.If the events happened now, it wouldn't have been as big a point of separation now as it was in WC3 TFT, - for bovious reasons

1. They thought using fel would totally corrupt you - Illidan proved this is wrong. Your boyd will endure corruption but you can use magic and ofrce of will to stave off demonic influence - showing that demon hunters are not jsut apex skilled combatants with magic and melee, but also have the strongest minds amongst hte elves.
    2.Off course, Illidan was never a betrayer of his people, n ow after he destoryed the legion, they realise this was his goal all along. Working with the demon hunters would have also revealed this
    3. Void elves have also broke another misconception barrier, that it is impossible to withstand the void without going mad and doing insane things. The high elves are accepting the void elves where the blood elves are not in a reversal of magical rejection. It is probably because the blood elves are very light senstive now and fear for the sunwell rather than
    4. arcane magic. This derives mention, because prior to WC3 legion's return, the elves use to be very carefula bout magic - the big danger of magic was the bringing back of the legion and the seduction of your soul that leads you to compromise - because this is how the great Azshara fell. The night elves of the north only (i.e. those we call Darnassians, not others like the Shen'dralar or nightborne), outright banned and suppressed its development to preventthe legion. Once the legion returned in WC3, a lot changed - the old mindset of arcane is super dangerous and just be stopped left the night elves of the north - as we can see by the priestesses and druids using their star magic, letting humans and high elf mages fight with them, allying with arcane wielding humans and Draenei - because the reason to stop it was gone, although it would take a few years until they started encouraging its development amongst themselves to boost their strength against the horde.

The point here is that the high elves would have changed too i their power pursuit because of this, regardless of Arthas' attack, but Arthas' attack really accelerateed this. For a high elf, the line was crossed in using fel magic, and it would not be until the events of Legion expansion that the alliance elves would accept fel using wielders on their side - because of the demon hunters. I don't think the alliance trusts warlocks like they do demon hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they didn’t add High Elves for Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I've said it before.

High Elves should re-unite in Silvermoon in the next expansion. It makes no sense for their people to be divided.

Blood Elves and Void Elves should be two extremist factions, almost like cults, which are politically motivated to side with Horde or Alliance.

So the initial experience is just you questing around Quel'thalas until level 10. Lots of questing involving politics, mysteries, plots, etc. Then you pick sides. Your race overall is just neutral, minding their own business. But you and a few others have become either Blood Elves or Void Elves.

Furthermore, Blood Elves should lean more into vampirism and stuff now that they've sort of abandoned the Fel magic which made them unique in the first place. Give Blood Elves red eyes and a Dark Ranger type of appeal, while Void Elves are more void-based obviously.

Both should have access to natural customization options, tattoos and stuff.

Both "races" still have access to Silvermoon and can mingle with regular High Elves. Even talk to one enother. But they also have access to their own little hubs, one void-y and one which is sort of gothic.

For an added touch, Vereesa should sort of represent the neutral High Elven race which controls Silvermoon. Sylvanas should be involved with the Blood Elves, and Alleria with the Void Elves. So each faction has a Windrunner sister, but one sister is also neutral and is more like they all originally were - pure High Elven. It would be neat if Sylvanas, at the end of her inevitable redemption arc, sort of started anew with the Blood Elves. Obviously Calia Menethil or some other Undead will lead the Forsaken instead.
    Absolutely no to Sylvanas being involved in the Blood Elf storyline.

She was already robbing the actual racial leader of lore moments, during WoTLK and she's undead. She should be involved with her undead elves.

Also - why should the Windrunners be in joint leadership of Quel'Thalas when they were never royalty to start with?
    Lor'themar, Rommath, Liadrin and Haldoran are the leaders of Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Because they didn’t add High Elves for Alliance
    Void-infused High Elves are still High Elves

I've said it before.

High Elves should re-unite in Silvermoon in the next expansion. It makes no sense for their people to be divided.
    I mean yeah the Thalassian government could go neutral, but the point is that politically they are pretty much in the Horde. So far, the thalassian exiles, both HE and VE, have little in the way of political pressure on Silvermoon, so why would Quel'thalas go neutral?

I won't deny I'm pro-neutral/independant races, but the problem is that Quel'thalas, as a government, is staunchly Horde, and the alliance elves just have no way to pressure a change right now.

That could change with the future, but the way that you put it "it makes no sense for their people to be politically divided" is just not accurate, because it makes perfect sense why their people are politically divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Sadly blizzard hasn't elaborated on this.

Thing is the dual nature of names in warcraft.. it has happened a few times that the name of the race is also the name of the faction, but the two entitties can be different.

I remember The moon twins making a point about this for night elves. High elf is the race, but High Elf is also a faction. so while blood elves are high elves, they aren't The High Elves. This is why I just call them Thalassian as a race.

Personally, I think that blood elves have mourned the falen enough, and that Sin'dorei has taken on much more of a meaning, to represent a different state of mind and being. The blood elves are changed now, that softer more "noble" mindset that characterised the high elf, the tip toeing around magic in order to be "responsible" and that benevolent disposition is now secondary.

Blood elves are powerful, and seek power, "we will never be humiliated again" or nearly destroyed, caught unawares because we are too scared to use our powers... it ist his that high elves don't understand. They are more worried about corruption and dangeorus magics getting you than they are about survival. This mindset is very kaldorei long vigil too - and the lbood elves have shed the last vestiges of that.

It is worth noticing that the Illidari , void elves also share this view, and so do the highborne amongst the night elves and the order of the black moon and likely the wardens and sentinels who also took part. It means most of our playable elf groups don't think that way. However, I bet the High elves and the druids still think that way primarily.If the events happened now, it wouldn't have been as big a point of separation now as it was in WC3 TFT, - for bovious reasons

1. They thought using fel would totally corrupt you - Illidan proved this is wrong. Your boyd will endure corruption but you can use magic and ofrce of will to stave off demonic influence - showing that demon hunters are not jsut apex skilled combatants with magic and melee, but also have the strongest minds amongst hte elves.
    2.Off course, Illidan was never a betrayer of his people, n ow after he destoryed the legion, they realise this was his goal all along. Working with the demon hunters would have also revealed this
    3. Void elves have also broke another misconception barrier, that it is impossible to withstand the void without going mad and doing insane things. The high elves are accepting the void elves where the blood elves are not in a reversal of magical rejection. It is probably because the blood elves are very light senstive now and fear for the sunwell rather than
    4. arcane magic. This derives mention, because prior to WC3 legion's return, the elves use to be very carefula bout magic - the big danger of magic was the bringing back of the legion and the seduction of your soul that leads you to compromise - because this is how the great Azshara fell. The night elves of the north only (i.e. those we call Darnassians, not others like the Shen'dralar or nightborne), outright banned and suppressed its development to preventthe legion. Once the legion returned in WC3, a lot changed - the old mindset of arcane is super dangerous and just be stopped left the night elves of the north - as we can see by the priestesses and druids using their star magic, letting humans and high elf mages fight with them, allying with arcane wielding humans and Draenei - because the reason to stop it was gone, although it would take a few years until they started encouraging its development amongst themselves to boost their strength against the horde.

The point here is that the high elves would have changed too i their power pursuit because of this, regardless of Arthas' attack, but Arthas' attack really accelerateed this. For a high elf, the line was crossed in using fel magic, and it would not be until the events of Legion expansion that the alliance elves would accept fel using wielders on their side - because of the demon hunters. I don't think the alliance trusts warlocks like they do demon hunters
    the name sin'dorei is not only in honor of the fallen, it is also in honor of the blood of the highborne that is said by kaelthas

Holy shit, you crazy bastards are damn near 1.3k pages. That is both frightening and impressive, well see you when you hit 1.4k.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the name sin'dorei is not only in honor of the fallen, it is also in honor of the blood of the highborne that is said by kaelthas
    for the blood elves, their use of it is to honour the dead that were slaughtered by Arthas. But the name was first used by the kaldorei to honour the dead highborne slain in a terrible battle long time ago.

Kael'thas used the ancient kaldorei term to call his people that survived, in order to honour those who fell. They have kept the name ever since and it has come to represent a different vein or era of their journey. The only elves not to change their names are those that remain kaldorei. For them, quel'dorei is not a new race, just a fancy caste. However for the rest, circumstances and events have changed them to what they are now.

I've said it before.

Blood Elves and Void Elves should be two extremist factions, almost like cults, which are politically motivated to side with Horde or Alliance.

So the initial experience is just you questing around Quel'thalas until level 10. Lots of questing involving politics, mysteries, plots, etc. Then you pick sides. Your race overall is just neutral, minding their own business. But you and a few others have become either Blood Elves or Void Elves.

Furthermore, Blood Elves should lean more into vampirism and stuff now that they've sort of abandoned the Fel magic which made them unique in the first place. Give Blood Elves red eyes and a Dark Ranger type of appeal, while Void Elves are more void-based obviously.

Both should have access to natural customization options, tattoos and stuff.

Both "races" still have access to Silvermoon and can mingle with regular High Elves. Even talk to one enother. But they also have access to their own little hubs, one void-y and one which is sort of gothic.

For an added touch, Vereesa should sort of represent the neutral High Elven race which controls Silvermoon. Sylvanas should be involved with the Blood Elves, and Alleria with the Void Elves. So each faction has a Windrunner sister, but one sister is also neutral and is more like they all originally were - pure High Elven. It would be neat if Sylvanas, at the end of her inevitable redemption arc, sort of started anew with the Blood Elves. Obviously Calia Menethil or some other Undead will lead the Forsaken instead.
    silvermoon is the capital of a playable horde race why does it have to be neutral?

the legitimate government of quelthalas is led by lorthemar who was the highest ranking military man alive in quelthalas and who the last sunstrider appointed as regent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Void-infused High Elves are still High Elves

Unfortunately for you, they aren't called Void-infused High Elves. They are called Void Elves.

They are Void Elves. Not High Elves.

You guys don't like tentacle hair?

How about when it fits so guuuud

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You guys don't like tentacle hair?

How about when it fits so guuuud
    No I like it and most people do.

Despite the haters on MMO-Champion claiming that people only play the Ren'dorei because they want High elves, I see far more people who kept the old skin options for the Ren'dorei.

Unfortunately for you, they aren't called Void-infused High Elves. They are called Void Elves.

They are Void Elves. Not High Elves.
    Who are essentially void infused high elves or blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Who are essentially void infused high elves or blood elves.

Who are decisively not high/blood elves anymore, and in fact a new race called void elves.

Who are decisively not high/blood elves anymore, and in fact a new race called void elves.
    A sub race actually of high elf. They are still thalssians - they haven't changed race or shape/form - this is what sub-races are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    A sub race actually of high elf. They are still thalssians - they haven't changed race or shape/form - this is what sub-races are.

So... still Void Elves. Their beginning as Thalassian elves has been noted for over 1000 pages.

That still doesn't change what they are. They are Void Elves. It's purposely disingenious to claim they are just "void-infused High elves" with no identity while the same people will claim in the same breath they are also a sub-race.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-12-07 at 03:54 PM.