Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So... still Void Elves. Their beginning as Thalassian elves has been noted for over 1000 pages.

That still doesn't change what they are. They are Void Elves. It's purposely disingenious to claim they are just "void-infused High elves" with no identity while the same people will claim in the same breath they are also a sub-race.
    The funny thing is that they only do that to cope with the fact that pale skin and normal hair for velves essentially killed any chance at legit helves.

It's just mental gymnastics to prevent a helfer anxiety attack. It's freaking hilarious and pathetic.

Hell there's people in here hoping for a glyph of entropic embrace to be less voidy, LMFAO.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So... still Void Elves. Their beginning as Thalassian elves has been noted for over 1000 pages.

That still doesn't change what they are. They are Void Elves. It's purposely disingenious to claim they are just "void-infused High elves" with no identity while the same people will claim in the same breath they are also a sub-race.
    Ah, not saying they have no identity, just affirming they are void-infused high elves... maybe the other guy thought they had no distinct identity, well every sub race has a distinct identity, even if culturally identical to the main race. It's a different group of the main race with it's own story. Another source of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Ah, not saying they have no identity, just affirming they are void-infused high elves... maybe the other guy thought they had no distinct identity, well every sub race has a distinct identity, even if culturally identical to the main race. It's a different group of the main race with it's own story. Another source of heroes.
    Okay but you keep saying that like in a way that sounds very cope-y to a helfer.

You wanna go into technicalities fine, they are void infused helves. But they are no more regular elves than maghar are corrupted orcs.

They are not traditional high elves and never will be no matter how natural their hair and skin is.

And honestly, imo, velves have no damn identity after SL. They should have stayed voidy only, or at least given the worgen treatment.

Let alleria be unique like other NPCs

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.
    ely cannon Art Director

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.
    ely cannon Art Director
    Having customizations doesn't make them high elves, just high elf look alikes.

Last time I checked, helves don't periodically turn into void beasts in combat.

I can mog my pallys gear to look like a dk, doesn't make me one.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Having customizations doesn't make them high elves, just high elf look alikes.

Last time I checked, helves don't periodically turn into void beasts in combat.

I can mog my pallys gear to look like a dk, doesn't make me one.
    Last time I checked Blood elves demon hunters turn into demons and some of them have mutated permanantly.

Still blood elves.

It's time to aknowledge the fact that the Alliance can play blood, high and void elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Imagine calling elves of any kind "Void beasts" when every single Void elf is hotter than all the people in this forum combined. Yikes.

Hello? They're elves.

"Elf" and "Beast" don't go together in the same thought process, let alone the same sentence.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-12-07 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Last time I checked Blood elves demon hunters turn into demons and some of them have mutated permanantly.

Still blood elves.

It's time to aknowledge the fact that the Alliance can play blood, high and void elves.
    That's not the same thing. They're mutated because of their class. Velves are mutated for something more innate, which is why they're a different race.

You can't be a demon hunter mage, while a velf can, get it?

Think of DHs as paladins with perma wings, would lnt make them a different race. It's just a part of their class.

A velves voidness is a part of their being, not part of their combat profession.

Velves aren't perma spriests.

So no the alliance can't play b/h/velves.

Just velves that can masquerade as the other two.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 05:56 PM.

Still blood elves.

Green and red eyes for void elves!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's not derail the thread into the Horde vs. Alliance playability argument again and instead focus on the discussion of aesthetics and in-game attributes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Np, Cap.

So as I've said before. Velves should have gotten the worgen treatment so as to keep the integrity of their racial identity.

Now, velves have a diluted identity and it makes me sad.

I always come back to this. How silly would it be to have green skinned maghar orcs, but somehow it's okay to play unvoidy VOID Elves. All for the sake of a very loud minority of alliance players. For shame blizz.

Np, Cap.

So as I've said before. Velves should have gotten the worgen treatment so as to keep the integrity of their racial identity.

Now, velves have a diluted identity and it makes me sad.

I always come back to this. How silly would it be to have green skinned maghar orcs, but somehow it's okay to play unvoidy VOID Elves. All for the sake of a very loud minority of alliance players. For shame blizz.
    If the leader of the Mag'har allied race was a Green-skinned orc? For example a Fel-corrupted Geya'rah? Yes, it would be 100% fine to have green-skinned Mag'har orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If the leader of the Mag'har allied race was a Green-skinned orc? For example a Fel-corrupted Geya'rah? Yes, it would be 100% fine to have green-skinned Mag'har orcs.
    Maghar literally means uncorrupted... You know how stupid that would be.

Also, NPCs are able to be unique. When was the last time to saw playable elf forsaken or thin kultirans. Can player priests wear plate like anduin?

Alleria is not even a normal velf, her process was completely different.

Her void form is nothing like any playable velf can do.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the same thing. They're mutated because of their class. Velves are mutated for something more innate, which is why they're a different race.

You can't be a demon hunter mage, while a velf can, get it?

Think of DHs as paladins with perma wings, would lnt make them a different race. It's just a part of their class.

A velves voidness is a part of their being, not part of their combat profession.

Velves aren't perma spriests.

So no the alliance can't play b/h/velves.

Just velves that can masquerade as the other two.
    So according to Varx :

Totally blood elf.

Totally not high elf.

Thanks Varx. But you can just admit the truth
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

So according to Varx :

Totally blood elf.

Totally not high elf.

Thanks Varx. But you can just admit the truth
    Classic, helfer twisting shit up and spreading fake news.

You posted a pic of a belf in meta, a form that's not even permanent. How deliberately disingenuous can you be?

How, about you post a DH in normal form next. But keep in mind that their DH features are due their class, nothing else.

Again, you cannot be a DH mage, but a velf sure as hell can be a mage.

Small but very significant difference.

Same reason why undead are a race and DK are a class.

You gonna tell me forsaken dks are twice undead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic, helfer twisting shit up and spreading fake news.

You posted a pic of a belf in meta, a form that's not even permanent. How deliberately disingenuous can you be?

How, about you post a DH in normal form next. But keep in mind that their DH features are due their class, nothing else.

Again, you cannot be a DH mage, but a velf sure as hell can be a mage.

Small but very significant difference.

Same reason why undead are a race and DK are a class.

You gonna tell me forsaken dks are twice undead?
    Plot twist : void elf shadow form isn't permanent too but blood elves horns are.

Void elves are just elves empowered by the void. Just like blood elves shadow priests have a void form too

Plot twist : void elf shadow form isn't permanent too but blood elves horns are.

Void elves are just elves empowered by the void. Just like blood elves shadow priests have a void form too
    Velves have innate void energy inside them at all times, which then manifests as entropic embrace periodically. You can also creat void portals and even grow void tentacle in the barber if you so choose to.

Now tell me, can a simple helf or belf do any of that? Can a belf sp grow static tentacles from their scalp or have void skin? Because remember, even a pale velf has that option at any time when visiting a barber.

Velves are as different to helves as forsaken are to humans. It's just more subtle. But still makes them a different race at their core.

Infact the 4 races really do draw some parallels that prove their physical differences.

Forsaken can be all classes a human can, except paladins because they can't physically be paladins.

Velves can be all classes belves can except DH, because DH starting intro is set during TBC, and paladins, because they also can't physically be paladins.

That is something you cannot argue against. I don't know what else you need.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velves have innate void energy inside them at all times, which then manifests as entropic embrace periodically. You can also creat void portals and even grow void tentacle in the barber if you so choose to.

Now tell me, can a simple helf or belf do any of that? Can a belf sp grow static tentacles from their scalp or have void skin? Because remember, even a pale velf has that option at any time when visiting a barber.
    Yeah. That's what I said. Just elves empowered by the void. Blood elves demon hunters are just blood elves empowered by fel.

That is something you cannot argue against.
    Oh I think I can :

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Druids_of_the_Flame

Oh look. Night elves empowered by the flame

Yeah. That's what I said. Just elves empowered by the void. Blood elves demon hunters are just blood elves empowered by fel.

Oh I think I can :

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Druids_of_the_Flame

Oh look. Night elves empowered by the flame

So forsaken and humans are physically the same race.

So you wouldn't raise an eye brow to a forsaken player who seriously claimed their playing horde humans.

And I'm not talking about technicalities. I mean by wow race standards.

I feel like you ignored most of my post and just cherry picked for your rebuke.

How about you quote my entire post and separate each point with yours.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-07 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So forsaken and humans are physically the same race.

So you wouldn't raise an eye brow to a forsaken player who seriously claimed their playing horde humans.

And I'm not talking about technicalities. I mean by wow race standards.
    Hum yeah. Horde players are playing dead humans, and there are dead elves in their ranks too.

How is it new to you ?

So Horde players claiming they're playing Horde dead humans makes sens.

How about you quote my entire post and separate each point with yours.
    No need to quote your entire post since most of it is you basically saying "I can't stand high elves being playable on Alliance side and here's why"