Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What? Kul Tirans have no Vrykul blood. They are former Gilneans. Drust are the former Vrykul.
    There is actually a strong possibility that they do. You don't join a different society without intermixing, it's inevitable. Especially after 2700 years, there is bound to be gene flow going on there.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ulfar

It has been a long time since a mainlander step foot in my grove.

Do you wish to learn from the Thornspeakers, or do you come to lay claim to this land, as your kind are so fond of doing?

>Who are you?

I am Ulfar, the last of the Drust Thornspeakers and the teacher of these students. One day my task will be over, I will return to the earth and a new High Thornspeaker will rise to lead, as is the proper way of things.

But that day has not yet come.

>Are you druids?

We are, <name>. We are guardians of the balance in nature, the keepers of the cycle. Life is a part of nature, as is death.

>You're a Drust? Wasn't there a war against them?

Indeed I am. Not all of my people agreed with the conflict. Have you never seen division among your own?

We Thornspeakers joined Kul Tiran society. Some of their descendants heard the call of the wilds and wished to learn the ancient ways, and so we have taught them.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You have blonde haired blue eyed white skinned Elves available to both Horde and Alliance
    I mean, in fairness, I kinda get the whole issue about Alliance brand of High Elves being inexplicably stuck with perpetual emo hairstyles, maybe offer some more wild type of hairs that would fit a rugged forest hunter more just to branch out rather than everything being something straight out of 2006 Hot Topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, why is this thread still active? Not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm 100% for High Elves (there's literally High Elf art/concepts by me in the main post), but didn't Blizzard basically confirm that it's not going to happen when they gave Void Elves the ability to look like High Elves? You can make a Void Elf that has light skin, blue eyes, normal hair color, and no tentacles. That's probably as close to High Elves as we'll ever get as Alliance players. If they were to add High Elves now, after doing all that, they would be too similar in appearance to Void Elves.

The only thing I think they should do is add more hairstyles to Void Elves. Why can't they just give them all of the Blood Elf hairstyles? Oh and I guess I would like to see them add the blue facial tattoos as well. But I still feel like all of these are more likely to become customization features for Void Elves rather than Blizzard adding High Elves as a new race.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-04-17 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alexstraszas humanoid form is that of a high elf, so they could be a theme in the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is this thread still active? Not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm 100% for High Elves (there's literally High Elf art/concepts by me in the main post), but didn't Blizzard basically confirm that it's not going to happen when they gave Void Elves the ability to look like High Elves? You can make a Void Elf that has light skin, blue eyes, normal hair color, and no tentacles. That's probably as close to High Elves as we'll ever get as Alliance players. If they were to add High Elves now, after doing all that, they would be too similar in appearance to Void Elves.
    They will never stop unless they got the ability to change their names in the character creation, and change their racials colors

As you see, they are so superior and awesome they need to be pure and not corrupted by the void, even if they don't look corrupted anymore

Why can't they just give them all of the Blood Elf hairstyles?.
    Because it would be bullshit? the races need different options, at least, so they keep their uniqueness, like blood elves not having void elves options, otherwise the alliance would be the only faction to essentially play two races, blood elves and void elves in one

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post

The only thing I think they should do is add more hairstyles to Void Elves. Why can't they just give them all of the Blood Elf hairstyles? Oh and I guess I would like to see them add the blue facial tattoos as well. But I still feel like all of these are more likely to become customization features for Void Elves rather than Blizzard adding High Elves as a new race.
    I ll take the shot and be a dick in your stead because the truth needs to be spoken. If you go through a few pages you will quickly understand that this thread could give work to multiple psychiatrists for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Ever wondered why they were larger?
    We have larger people in real life (usually northern ones) and pygmy ones (usually from tropical areas).

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    There is actually a strong possibility that they do. You don't join a different society without intermixing, it's inevitable. Especially after 2700 years, there is bound to be gene flow going on there.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ulfar

It has been a long time since a mainlander step foot in my grove.

Do you wish to learn from the Thornspeakers, or do you come to lay claim to this land, as your kind are so fond of doing?

>Who are you?

I am Ulfar, the last of the Drust Thornspeakers and the teacher of these students. One day my task will be over, I will return to the earth and a new High Thornspeaker will rise to lead, as is the proper way of things.

But that day has not yet come.

>Are you druids?

We are, <name>. We are guardians of the balance in nature, the keepers of the cycle. Life is a part of nature, as is death.

>You're a Drust? Wasn't there a war against them?

Indeed I am. Not all of my people agreed with the conflict. Have you never seen division among your own?

We Thornspeakers joined Kul Tiran society. Some of their descendants heard the call of the wilds and wished to learn the ancient ways, and so we have taught them.
    Nothing about that indicates that they intermixed.

There are thin Kul Tirans, as well. Are they Vrykul-descended too?

For me the void form racial doesn't bother me as much, I just treat it like an extra trinket proc, it's the haircuts that scream daddy issues and how some of them look impractical like the shoulder length option on males that have a strand covering their eyes making it look awful for a Hunter character.

Bump after the new expansion reveal.

Okay so there doesn't seem to be anything particular going on with Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas, despite all the new 9.2.5 questlines taking place there. That's disappointing, but 10.0 is not over yet and 11.0 still exists. So Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas revamp can still come.

In the meantime, this new race the Dracthyr offers new storyline potential for the Ren'dorei.

The Dracthyr were created by Neltharion, who succumbed to the whispers of the Void. Alleria Windrunner directly references this in the Void elf intro cutscene, noting how they have resisted the whispers of the Void that broke the will of Dragons (referring to Neltharion).

I think that Alleria will reach out to the Dracthyr and invite them into the Alliance. The Ren'dorei and Dracthyr have much knowledge about the Void to share and they have a common history of suffering derived from the Void (the Dracthyr's creator, after all, succumbed to the whispers of the Void).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria will join us on the boat, where after 1000 of quest, you get another one visiting neltharion quest (exciting!)
    She will pop up there to say a few lines(sort of repeat of the intro) and she then walks out and try to find her purpose.

That will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Alleria will join us on the boat, where after 1000 of quest, you get another one visiting neltharion quest (exciting!)
    She will pop up there to say a few lines(sort of repeat of the intro) and she then walks out and try to find her purpose.

That will be it.
    Lmao. But probably, yeah.

If anything, they will be invited and recruited into the Alliance and Horde by the Dwarves and Sin'dorei respectively, who are the main force of expedition into the Dragon Isles....although to be admitted into the Horde maybe all the Council members must agree to that

I still have a feeling that there are additional features coming, like that datamined stuff with Dark Ranger customizations for elf hunters. Possibly some new race/class combos too.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I agree, add high elf evokers

I am satisfied by the new expansion. It's what I could have hoped for from the perspective of my favourite race. It represents a window to breathe, in preparation for the coming of the Cosmic showdown between Light and Void.

In the meantime, I'll gladly welcome any contribution that either Alleria or Umbric decide to give to the plot. We already saw the Ren'dorei cooperating closely with the Explorer's League in Zuldazar, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of Magister Umbric who, hopefully, will also get a new unique model befit of his status.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think that Alleria will reach out to the Dracthyr and invite them into the Alliance. The Ren'dorei and Dracthyr have much knowledge about the Void to share and they have a common history of suffering derived from the Void (the Dracthyr's creator, after all, succumbed to the whispers of the Void).
    Alleria and Turalyon are hardboiled soldiers and have no place in a peaceful expansion. Besides, need I remind you that they both destroyed a lot of dragon eggs on Draenor? They are definitely not dragon friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Alleria and Turalyon are hardboiled soldiers and have no place in a peaceful expansion. Besides, need I remind you that they both destroyed a lot of dragon eggs on Draenor? They are definitely not dragon friends.
    Your logic doesn't make any sense at all, following your logic the Player Characters shouldn't exist in this expansion either. This is also not a period of peace time since there are already several established conflicts going on in the Dragon Isles.

Besides, I'm not like the Horde players, I don't need every CGI cinematic tailored around me and every NPC to be respectful of me. I'm quick, I'd be satisfied with a brief cameo of Alleria like Varian had in the Pandaren intro. The story moves so slowly anyway that every cameo is treasured.

Also, those eggs belonged to Deathwing, so no one will care that they aborted Deathwing's progeny. If anything, they'll probably be thanked for averting another Onyxia and/or Nefarian. And let's not start pointing fingers because otherwise we have a lot to talk about the Horde, who literally raped Alexstrasza.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-20 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I am satisfied by the new expansion. It's what I could have hoped for from the perspective of my favourite race. It represents a window to breathe, in preparation for the coming of the Cosmic showdown between Light and Void.

In the meantime, I'll gladly welcome any contribution that either Alleria or Umbric decide to give to the plot. We already saw the Ren'dorei cooperating closely with the Explorer's League in Zuldazar, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of Magister Umbric who, hopefully, will also get a new unique model befit of his status.
    Given that Reliquary will mirror Explorer's League on the Horde side, I think having some Void elves working with League can lead to interesting interactions between two factions. Good potential indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Given that Reliquary will mirror Explorer's League on the Horde side, I think having some Void elves working with League can lead to interesting interactions between two factions. Good potential indeed.
    The Ren'dorei via Magister Umbric were featured regularly in Vol'dun and Zuldazar alongside the Explorer's League and against the Reliquary, so I wouldn't be surprised if Umbric appears here again. He appeared out of nowhere in Vol'dun when no one expected him, after all.

I like this new development actually, we always talked about this grand role the Void elves had in fighting the Void, but at the same time, I'm also down for more fun and light-hearted stuff, like Umbric accompanying the explorers on an adventure. But we also know that Alliance and Horde expeditions will be working together, so I would actually like if Umbric interacted in a friendly but competing way with the Reliquary, I know there is a story to be told here and I know the story will be good.

We know there will be a Void Lords expansion anyway so there's no need to rush.

Besides, wouldn't Magister Umbric's exceptional skills come in handy here? He can create portals wherever he wants and to whatever destination he chooses, it seems like this would be of great help for the explorers at the Dragon Isles.

Sure yesterday was a letdown. I heard a bit about Evoker class leak the day before, the minimum expectation I had even without Quel’Thalas was to be able to play this, not to be locked for a draconid race. Even the name could have me hyped if it were a hunter-mage like Kali Goldenstar recently added in Silvermoon.