3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Looks like we are getting undead elf "dark ranger" customizations for blood, void and night elves after all.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dark-ra...hunters-327225

Happy for all who wished to have their Dark Ranger fantasy available.

3+ Year Old Account
    why not nightborne and forsaken

also kinda dumb for void elves and blood elf paladins
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    why not nightborne and forsaken

also kinda dumb for void elves and blood elf paladins
    Nightborne were never risen as Dark Rangers, only blood elves and night elves. As for void elves, I guess they went with the reasoning they are former blood elves. I also think red eyes are cool to represent void too.

Forsaken already have red eyes, afaik. Agree that undead blood elf paladins will be weird, they could lock this customization for them as they did for DHs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Nightborne were never risen as Dark Rangers, only blood elves and night elves.
    If Lorash can be brought back to fight again then so should be the Nightborne

There's no reason why a Dark ranger can't simply defect to the Ren'dorei, especially since they are led by the most famous war hero in Thalassian history.

"Ren'dorei" as a term means "Children of the Void" and thus an undead too can be considered one if they were interested in learning the Void.

If Lorash can be brought back to fight again then so should be the Nightborne
    I think felborne is better for nightborne.

I hate undead elf for blood elves ruins our lore

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think felborne is better for nightborne.

I hate undead elf for blood elves ruins our lore
    It ruins nothing. Dark Rangers has been with the Horde for years. Questline also implies that Darkfallen (a term used by Velonara to define undead elves) are rather part of Forsaken society, with Velonara herself being member of new Desolate Council. This customizations means that Blizzard took the easiest way to put that fantasy playable. By doing so, they opened possibilities for not just Dark Rangers, but also Darkfallen mages, rogues, warriors, etc. I predicted that this is possibility and here we are... and people seem to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now the Alliance also has dark rangers in Lore ??
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Night elf dark rangers at least. At the end of Lordaeron questline, Velonara said all night elves who want to rejoin their kin are allowed to do so. Void elf dark rangers has not been adressed.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yes.

Much like Silvermoon scholars did in the past, a group of Darkfallen have now joined the ranks of the Ren'dorei and thus Alleria Windrunner can use them in the future.

3+ Year Old Account
    It ruins nothing. Dark Rangers has been with the Horde for years. Questline also implies that Darkfallen (a term used by Velonara to define undead elves) are rather part of Forsaken society, with Velonara herself being member of new Desolate Council. This customizations means that Blizzard took the easiest way to put that fantasy playable. By doing so, they opened possibilities for not just Dark Rangers, but also Darkfallen mages, rogues, warriors, etc. I predicted that this is possibility and here we are... and people seem to like it.
    I think he means that Dark Rangers and Sanlayn should've been a race toggle for Forsaken and I also have that sentiment

I think he means that Dark Rangers and Sanlayn should've been a race toggle for Forsaken and I also have that sentiment
    Yes, but that would not be solution for night/void elves, who got that customizations too... It is a gameplay solution of Darkfallen elves being playable. There were other options, like their own core race, allied race, class or character customizations. I'd prefer allied race myself, but as I said, Blizzard took the road of least effort and I kind of expected that. I'd change only one thing and that would be locking this customizations for paladins too, as it is locked for DKs and DHs.

It change no blood elf lore however, since Darkfallen are clearly part of Forsaken, confirmed by Velonara being one of the new Desolate Council.

she says that they are rejected by quelthalas which is totally logical because quelthalas is a society of survivors of a zombie apocalypse who are constantly irradiated by light. the essence of the blood elves is survival and rebuilding quelthalas. An undead living in Lordaeron is not a blood elf. That's why it's wrong to have this customization!! if i play with a darkfallen character that starts in quelthalas the lore loses meaning

- - - Updated - - -

this. the darkfallen are forsaken and must live with the forsaken in lordaeron and be forsaken customization. the forsaken lore is the one that has the darkfallen as part of their society not the blood elf lore. now the blood elf have undead paladin it doesn't make sense!!

Night elf dark rangers at least. At the end of Lordaeron questline, Velonara said all night elves who want to rejoin their kin are allowed to do so. Void elf dark rangers has not been adressed.
    The only explanation I see is that either some off screen void elves died at darkshore and were raised, or that some dark rangers decided to defect to the alliance and joined Alleria becoming void elves. Either way, it would have helped if there was any sort of indication of such instead of just saying "here ya go void elves! have some more customization! don't worry about explaining why!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves were likely done as a perk for the players.

The back story for this each and every player can make on their own. It's how we RP since time immemorial really, nothing new.

I imagine there is other reason for DK/DH omittance, probably there was some sort of technological reason there. For example DH have no "Eyes" as option at all and DK only 2 options to begin with. It could be there was some issue there that would take too long to resolve if at all possible at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Void Elves were likely done as a perk for the players.

The back story for this each and every player can make on their own. It's how we RP since time immemorial really, nothing new.

I imagine there is other reason for DK/DH omittance, probably there was some sort of technological reason there. For example DH have no "Eyes" as option at all and DK only 2 options to begin with. It could be there was some issue there that would take too long to resolve if at all possible at the time.
    I'd really like to see DK's get eye color options. It would be cool to have an assortment of colors based on the magic they use.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but it's still insane how good the Darkfallen skin looks with VE hairstyles.

I think they deliver the Vampire vibe way better than the High Elf vibe, and I think it's really funny because the other way around would make more sense.

I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    The only explanation I see is that either some off screen void elves died at darkshore and were raised, or that some dark rangers decided to defect to the alliance and joined Alleria becoming void elves. Either way, it would have helped if there was any sort of indication of such instead of just saying "here ya go void elves! have some more customization! don't worry about explaining why!"
    We've seen undead toying with the Void, so that might be the case, but sure, it'd be nice to see have one line to explain them. Not that void elves desperately need new lore anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I know it doesn't make much sense, but it's still insane how good the Darkfallen skin looks with VE hairstyles.

I think they deliver the Vampire vibe way better than the High Elf vibe, and I think it's really funny because the other way around would make more sense.

I mean...
    As a Darkfallen Velf you can edgelord all day long...

You even have a matching skull pal.