Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    according to the developers high elf is a race and they are playable in horde and alliance as customization of void elf and blood elf.
    That's hardly what they said, and considering this is an evidently alliance-centric High Elf thread, you're not being the most genuine person.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That's hardly what they said, and considering this is an evidently alliance-centric High Elf thread, you're not being the most genuine person.
    Art Director Ely Cannon
    This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

but if you think it's wrong that I use this thread then I'll make another one that says high elves horde

10+ Year Old Account
    but if you think it's wrong that I use this thread then I'll make another one that says high elves horde
    What a great idea. +1
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

How about no, don't forget this

Mod note: This is now the officially designated High Elf discussion thread. Please keep all discussion regarding this race in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Mod note: This is now the officially designated High Elf discussion thread. Please keep all discussion regarding this race in here.
    okay

so i will continue using this thread to talk about high elves of the horde

okay

Let's not be obtuse.

With Dragonflight, I do think they are going to tell the High Elf story through both Blood Elves and Void Elves. They carry different angles on Thalassian Elves.
    The Night Elves also make the Hinterlands High Elves moot because everything those high elves do, the Night Elves do it better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Let's not be obtuse.

With Dragonflight, I do think they are going to tell the High Elf story through both Blood Elves and Void Elves. They carry different angles on Thalassian Elves.
    The Night Elves also make the Hinterlands High Elves moot because everything those high elves do, the Night Elves do it better.
    If that's true than where's the Updated Night Elven Buildings and such by now besides the Tents and Boat?
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    If that's true than where's the Updated Night Elven Buildings and such by now besides the Tents and Boat?
    Counter argument:
    Why are those High Elves using Night Elven buildings as their holdout?

Plus - look at Darkshore, Val'Sharah and Azsuna.

3+ Year Old Account
    was actually expecting the Night Elves to help them in their anti-arcane meditations or even offer to bring a moon well there
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    was actually expecting the Night Elves to help them in their anti-arcane meditations or even offer to bring a moon well there
    Or cooperation wirh shendrelar

3+ Year Old Account
    Or cooperation wirh shendrelar
    don't think they will, the shen'dralar may most likely have gotten access to the alliance and kirin tor mana crystals; besides the lor'danel high elves are going away from arcane at all
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Counter argument:
    Why are those High Elves using Night Elven buildings as their holdout?

Plus - look at Darkshore, Val'Sharah and Azsuna.
    I mean still is kind of less given the fact Blizzard hasn't touched on rest of the Night Elven Buildings from Moonglade, Mount Hyjal, Whole of Ashenvale, and etc.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I admit, I actually really like the painted elf look from WC2. Runes, rangers, runestones, and sleek ships. Elves were quick and deadly, and not all about arcane mastery, but knowledge and skill borne from long lifespans and countless hours of practice. Bring that feel, and I'll support High Elves.
    Totally agree with you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay

High elves are horde and alliance, so you are in the right thread.

Art Director Ely Cannon
    This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

And yet this thread clearly still is about High Elves as part of the alliance, not the overall race. Wouldn't be having this issue if a thread was about Alliance Pandaren?

The fact that after years, now somehow people are having trouble understanding this is an alliance high elf thread, is just kinda weird.

And I'm being genuine about that, we could have a thread about Thalassians in general, I'd be into it, but this thread specifically was never about that as it focused since its inception heavily about high elven playability on the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    High elves are horde and alliance, so you are in the right thread.
    *sigh*

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet this thread clearly still is about High Elves as part of the alliance, not the overall race. Wouldn't be having this issue if a thread was about Alliance Pandaren?

The fact that after years, now somehow people are having trouble understanding this is an alliance high elf thread, is just kinda weird.

And I'm being genuine about that, we could have a thread about Thalassians in general, I'd be into it, but this thread specifically was never about that as it focused since its inception heavily about high elven playability on the alliance.

*sigh*
    Meh you are stuck in the past bro. Move on and accept its both sides for some time, so obviously people are free to talk about it here. No need to create another thread, I hope ypu are not indirectly suggesting this with your sigh.
    "Shrug"
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-08-30 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Meh you are stuck in the past bro. Move on and accept its both sides for some time, so obviously people are free to talk about it here. No need to create another thread, I hope ypu are not indirectly suggesting this with your sigh.
    "Shrug"
    I'm not the keeper of this thread so where it ends up doesn't fall on me, and truth be told I really have no deep skin on it.

But it is weird that what once a thread about alliance alligned thalassian elves has become this.

Like yeah, I'd rather have a thread for all thalassian things, as I do love Blood Elves, and I did liked the specific purview of this one. But again, if this thread becomes that, it is what it is.

*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

The mod already said this thread now is about high elves in general

But it is weird that what once a thread about alliance alligned thalassian elves has become this.
    It hasn't been an Alliance specific thread for about two years , because a handful of high elf posters literally spammed threads everywhere, until the whole thing had to be contained into a single thread.

So in essence high elf posters couldn't behave themselves and had to be put into a corner, so now everything relating to high elves gets to be posted here and I can assure I personally will make sure we don't return to the damn dark ages of active high elf threads everywhere made by the same 7 people.

3+ Year Old Account
    does anyone know who are supposed to be these people?