Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The mod already said this thread now is about high elves in general
    You know what I mean. TBH this really feel like "Blood Elves are High Elves" rehashed at this point lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It hasn't been an Alliance specific thread for about two years , because a handful of high elf posters literally spammed threads everywhere, until the whole thing had to be contained into a single thread.

So in essence high elf posters couldn't behave themselves and had to be put into a corner, so now everything relating to high elves gets to be posted here and I can assure I personally will make sure we don't return to the damn dark ages of active high elf threads everywhere made by the same 7 people.
    I mean there's already a Blood Elf thread. Like you can talk about "Horde High Elves" there I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lol.

So a void elf using a BE hairstyle. Current theory is that it's just the BE model with VE textures. Portent of more options for VE, or a dev just having fun?

IMO they should just merge the models and lock customization options depending on whether you choose VE or BE lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You know what I mean. TBH this really feel like "Blood Elves are High Elves" rehashed at this point lmao.

I mean there's already a Blood Elf thread. Like you can talk about "Horde High Elves" there I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lol.

So a void elf using a BE hairstyle. Current theory is that it's just the BE model with VE textures. Portent of more options for VE, or a dev just having fun?

IMO they should just merge the models and lock customization options depending on whether you choose VE or BE lmao.
    the mod says to use this thread for high elves of the horde.

can be a new hairstyle for void elves

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    does anyone know who are supposed to be these people?

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636361856931594240/1015734692290494525/Warcraft_III_04_09_2022_5_24_55_am.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636361856931594240/1015734692944822333/Warcraft_III_04_09_2022_5_25_06_am.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636361856931594240/1015734693641068615/Warcraft_III_04_09_2022_5_25_31_am.png[IMG]
    Just some named high elf mobs defending Quel'thalas during Arthas' invasion. No other backstory.

the mod says to use this thread for high elves of the horde.
    But what's the difference between a blood elf and a horde high elf? For real this is not a big deal, I just legitimately find it weird people want to talk about horde High Elves in here. In a "I don't get it" kinda way.

can be a new hairstyle for void elves
    AFAIK it really is just them using the BE model with VE textures, yet it's still very interesting they are using the different models to represent the other race. There's also an apparently San'layn NPC that is using the VE model right now.

I do hope that this does lead to the BE and VE model sharing more hairstyles, even if I can't quite see it as a legit hint and moreso just a curiosity for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Just some named high elf mobs defending Quel'thalas during Arthas' invasion. No other backstory.
    Kinda wish they added NPC's from lore instead of randos

Can we just stop being deliberately obtuse regarding this topic.

We all know this is primarily aimed at High Elves being a playable Alliance race. This is even more emphasised by the fact that we as Blood Elf fans, have a perfectly usable thread where we can talk all things, Blood Elf (Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon, the future of the Sin'dorei, the core branch of Magisters, Farstriders and the Blood Elf only-unit of Blood Knights.)

I reckon we need a mod here, just to highlight the point that this is about the High Elves, the Quel'dorei - not Blood Elves, the Sin'dorei.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

We all know this is primarily aimed at High Elves being a playable Alliance race. This is even more emphasised by the fact that we as Blood Elf fans, have a perfectly usable thread where we can talk all things, Blood Elf (Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon, the future of the Sin'dorei, the core branch of Magisters, Farstriders and the Blood Elf only-unit of Blood Knights.)

I reckon we need a mod here, just to highlight the point that this is about the High Elves, the Quel'dorei - not Blood Elves, the Sin'dorei.
    The problem is there is no discernible difference between the two. They are the exact same people.

It would be as if the USA decided to change the country's name to Freedomland. There would be no difference between Americans and Freedomlandiands.

They are physically the same people and inhabit the same places.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The problem is there is no discernible difference between the two. They are the exact same people.

It would be as if the USA decided to change the country's name to Freedomland. There would be no difference between Americans and Freedomlandiands.

They are physically the same people and inhabit the same places.
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

If in Lore High Elves and Blood Elves consider themselves different groups, tell you that they prefer to be addressed as X group, have cultural divergences and their allegiances lie with different factions, then they are different. You don't see Humans from other kingdoms refusing to be called humans. You don't see Orcs from X clan refusing to be called Orcs. Yet you have NPCs refusing to be called Blood Elves, or Blood Elves refusing to be called High Elves.
    Last edited by RenTheCat; 2022-09-13 at 08:04 PM.

Personally, until they give void elf an option to turn off the "purple proc" and some more natural hairstyles, I will consider blood elves with blue eyes as a more close to original "warcraft 2 high elves".

Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    It would be more like Americans deciding they are not a British colony anymore and declaring independence, and as we can see in real life today, Americans and the British are pretty different.

If in Lore High Elves and Blood Elves consider themselves different groups, tell you that they prefer to be addressed as X group, have cultural divergences and their allegiances lie with different factions, then they are different. You don't see Humans from other kingdoms refusing to be called humans. You don't see Orcs from X clan refusing to be called Orcs. Yet you have NPCs refusing to be called Blood Elves, or Blood Elves refusing to be called High Elves.
    Is it just me, or the High elf NPCs, like this Taela Everstride, are way paler than Blood elves?

It seems like High elf NPCs from, like, the Silver Covenant have exclusive pale skin colour options. Is it just my impression? It's something I've always noticed.

But what's the difference between a blood elf and a horde high elf? For real this is not a big deal, I just legitimately find it weird people want to talk about horde High Elves in here. In a "I don't get it" kinda way.

AFAIK it really is just them using the BE model with VE textures, yet it's still very interesting they are using the different models to represent the other race. There's also an apparently San'layn NPC that is using the VE model right now.

I do hope that this does lead to the BE and VE model sharing more hairstyles, even if I can't quite see it as a legit hint and moreso just a curiosity for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda wish they added NPC's from lore instead of randos
    ely cannon art director of world of warcraft said that the high elves are a race and that they are playable as customization for the horde and the alliance. therefore if we see elves with blue eyes they are part of the high elves race.
    I proposed to create a different thread and a mod told me to use this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

I use this thread for high elves who were said to be a playable race for horde and alliance as customization

- - - Updated - - -

ely cannon art director clearly stated that high elves are a race and that they are playable as customizations for horde and alliance.

there is nothing to discuss unless someone here is a developer

This is not entirely correct. You can't call a SW human a Kul Tiran, any more than you can’t call an orc from Durotar a Maghar orc. There are minor differences in appearance, culture and language.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    This is not entirely correct. You can't call a SW human a Kul Tiran, any more than you can’t call an orc from Durotar a Maghar orc. There are minor differences in appearance, culture and language.
    There are no minor differences in appearance and language between Stormwind Humans and Kul Tirans, what is the difference between Jaina and Anduin? And their culture is extremely similar to Gilneans due to Kul Tiras being a Gilnean colony. All of those groups are still different despite next to no differences, they just established their nationality, were pretty loud about how they wished to be addressed and that was the end of the story.

High Elves and Blood Elves are pretty loud about how they wish to be addressed to. There are NPCs, there are quests, there are novels, etc.

If them telling you how they prefer to be addressed is not enough and the requirement for being a different group is "different appearance, language and culture", well, remember High Elves had blue eyes, Green elves had green eyes (and plenty of them still do), High Elves still speak Thalassian while due to Horde influence Blood Elves had to learn other languages, it would be impossible for them to interact with the Horde otherwise. And i'm pretty sure being part of the savage Horde vs civilized Alliance leads to big cultural differences, Blood Elves have been obsessed with the color red since Frozen Throne, had a history of interactions with fel + killing of magical creatures to survive, tortured and drained a Naaru to be able to become Paladins, participated in events like the Bombing of Theramore, tried to betray their faction during Mist of Pandaria, stood by the Horde as their warchief tried to enslave the Valkyr, stood by the Horde while their warchief genocided the Night Elves, etc. while High Elves stayed in the alliance or were in other parts of the world like in Outland, refused to use fel, participated in the Purge of Dalaran, etc.

There are differences in appearance, culture and language, and funny enough after all those events, their differences are bigger than Night Elves and Nightborne, specially when you can make Night Elves that look more Nightborne than their actual current model allows them to.

ely cannon art director clearly stated that high elves are a race and that they are playable as customizations for horde and alliance.

there is nothing to discuss unless someone here is a developer
    What Blizzard employees have to say on their twitter accounts is not part of the lore. Specially considering their history of saying stupid stuff like "If you want pale blonde elves the Horde is waiting for you" and then since they kept losing players they just gave Void Elves options to look identical to the High Elves Ion was so adamant against letting people play in the Alliance.

There is a discussion to be had, the discussion just doesn't have to include any fallacy of appealing to someone's authority. Instead our discussion should include scenarios in game in which a High Elf and Blood Elf outright tell the player "yup we're the same there's no difference between us" which is not a thing that ever happened in the game and even members of other races, like Varian, Jaina, Rhonin, etc referred to them as different groups.

Legion even had this entire cutscene in which Elisande considers High Elves and Blood Elves different groups.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4M1q-a38E

3+ Year Old Account

or people in Taiwan veering towards Taiwan independence and not wanting to have anything to do with the Republic of China nor People's Republic of China, nor even the Chinese label; just Taiwanese
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

There are no minor differences in appearance and language between Stormwind Humans and Kul Tirans, what is the difference between Jaina and Anduin? And their culture is extremely similar to Gilneans due to Kul Tiras being a Gilnean colony. All of those groups are still different despite next to no differences, they just established their nationality, were pretty loud about how they wished to be addressed and that was the end of the story.

High Elves and Blood Elves are pretty loud about how they wish to be addressed to. There are NPCs, there are quests, there are novels, etc.

If them telling you how they prefer to be addressed is not enough and the requirement for being a different group is "different appearance, language and culture", well, remember High Elves had blue eyes, Green elves had green eyes (and plenty of them still do), High Elves still speak Thalassian while due to Horde influence Blood Elves had to learn other languages, it would be impossible for them to interact with the Horde otherwise. And i'm pretty sure being part of the savage Horde vs civilized Alliance leads to big cultural differences, Blood Elves have been obsessed with the color red since Frozen Throne, had a history of interactions with fel + killing of magical creatures to survive, tortured and drained a Naaru to be able to become Paladins, participated in events like the Bombing of Theramore, tried to betray their faction during Mist of Pandaria, stood by the Horde as their warchief tried to enslave the Valkyr, stood by the Horde while their warchief genocided the Night Elves, etc. while High Elves stayed in the alliance or were in other parts of the world like in Outland, refused to use fel, participated in the Purge of Dalaran, etc.

There are differences in appearance, culture and language, and funny enough after all those events, their differences are bigger than Night Elves and Nightborne, specially when you can make Night Elves that look more Nightborne than their actual current model allows them to.

What Blizzard employees have to say on their twitter accounts is not part of the lore. Specially considering their history of saying stupid stuff like "If you want pale blonde elves the Horde is waiting for you" and then since they kept losing players they just gave Void Elves options to look identical to the High Elves Ion was so adamant against letting people play in the Alliance.

There is a discussion to be had, the discussion just doesn't have to include any fallacy of appealing to someone's authority. Instead our discussion should include scenarios in game in which a High Elf and Blood Elf outright tell the player "yup we're the same there's no difference between us" which is not a thing that ever happened in the game and even members of other races, like Varian, Jaina, Rhonin, etc referred to them as different groups.

Legion even had this entire cutscene in which Elisande considers High Elves and Blood Elves different groups.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4M1q-a38E
    high elves and blood elves are different races.

high elves in horda and alliance

ely cannon art director of world of warcraft said that the high elves are a race and that they are playable as customization for the horde and the alliance. therefore if we see elves with blue eyes they are part of the high elves race.
    I proposed to create a different thread and a mod told me to use this thread

high elves and blood elves are different races.

high elves in horda and alliance
    https://i.imgur.com/PDuf73z.jpg
    https://www.wow-freakz.com/img/scree...ead_459018.jpg
    Honestly it's kinda wild that we went from the "High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race" as a way to deny the possibility of HE's on the alliance to yo saying "They are different races" now

Biologically they are the same, and I thought that by now we all agreed to that. I thought it was clear that while biologically we call them "High Elves", when we make the distinction between BE and HE it's about their politics, not biology. I can't believe that we have to say this in 2022 but not because an elf has blue eyes is a high elf.

If a blue eyed thalassian elf is on the Horde, it's a Blood Elf when it comes to making the distinction IN UNIVERSE, because we use the terms BE and HE to differentiate the two groups based on ideology and affiliation.

I simply cannot understand why you can't talk about your blue eyed Blood Elf on the Blood Elf thread, when this thread is obviously catered to the alliance affiliated idea of a High Elf.

Honestly it's kinda wild that we went from the "High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race" as a way to deny the possibility of HE's on the alliance to yo saying "They are different races" now

Biologically they are the same, and I thought that by now we all agreed to that. I thought it was clear that while biologically we call them "High Elves", when we make the distinction between BE and HE it's about their politics, not biology. I can't believe that we have to say this in 2022 but not because an elf has blue eyes is a high elf.

If a blue eyed thalassian elf is on the Horde, it's a Blood Elf when it comes to making the distinction IN UNIVERSE, because we use the terms BE and HE to differentiate the two groups based on ideology and affiliation.

I simply cannot understand why you can't talk about your blue eyed Blood Elf on the Blood Elf thread, when this thread is obviously catered to the alliance affiliated idea of a High Elf.
    because a major developer like the world of warcraft art director said in an interview on wowhead that high elves are a race and that race is different from blood elves and void elves but now they are playable as blood elves and void elves customization .
    if you see a thalassian elf with blue eyes that's a high elf.
    I post in this thread because a mod told me to.

Meanwhile, you try to say Void Elves are High Elves anywhere else and you have Blood Elf players flocking to screech that they're not real high elves.

Alliance Thalassian players apparently cannot have public or semi-public spaces dedicated to themselves and discussion catered to them unless it is exclusively void, and even then, it usually results in Blood Elves showing up to throw a temper-tantrum that they exist in the first place and stole from them, leading to a lack of discussion at all or people getting grated and fed up.

because a major developer like the world of warcraft art director said in an interview on wowhead that high elves are a race and that race is different from blood elves and void elves but now they are playable as blood elves and void elves customization .
    if you see a thalassian elf with blue eyes that's a high elf.
    I post in this thread because a mod told me to.
    Technically you can be a blue eyed blood elf or a blue eyed high elf.

You can be whatever is possible in the lore on any faction as long as you have the customisations for it and it exists in the lore.

You no longer require the game to officially label you.

For examples: some high elves are with their kin at the sunwell plateau, they still identify as high elves but are there. Auric Sunchaser is or was one (don’t know if he is still there)

So in theory, though you picked it as a blood elf, you can call it a high elf that lives with the blood elves like Auric use to before Alleria returned

How you want to proceed with that is up to you. Cross factions make this fantasy even more realised in game.

Soon, blizzard would allow you to label some of these options like high elf, wildhammer or Sand troll if you have the correct customisations. Just don’t expect a starter zone. You’d be lucky if character creation lets you make the distinction and luckier if they stick an NPC with a quest or dialog.

The most likely scenario is when you make your toon you can go to that subrace or faction representative, click on it and voila your label changes to Wildhammer Dwarf.

If you are extremely lucky, certain racists might have glyphs to change then to something more firing. Like Entropic embrace might have a glyph to change it to Sun embrace.

Such I wouldn’t expect unless or until blizzard either revamp Azeroth or do a race focused expansion they go to Legion level of detail to win back FFXIV subscribers who bailed on them.

But then, we might even get official high elf factions players can affiliate with amongst the blood elves, the void elves, and even Dalaran allowing you to be labelled high elf in game if you so choose on either side.

However LifeIsThunder is correct. As it stands, the two aren’t different races, , just ideologically distinct rather than physically
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-09-15 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Technically you can be a blue eyed blood elf or a blue eyed high elf.

You can be whatever is possible in the lore on any faction as long as you have the customisations for it and it exists in the lore.

You no longer require the game to officially label you.

For examples: some high elves are with their kin at the sunwell plateau, they still identify as high elves but are there. Auric Sunchaser is or was one (don’t know if he is still there)

So in theory, though you picked it as a blood elf, you can call it a high elf that lives with the blood elves like Auric use to before Alleria returned

How you want to proceed with that is up to you. Cross factions make this fantasy even more realised in game.

Soon, blizzard would allow you to label some of these options like high elf, wildhammer or Sand troll if you have the correct customisations. Just don’t expect a starter zone. You’d be lucky if character creation lets you make the distinction and luckier if they stick an NPC with a quest or dialog.

The most likely scenario is when you make your toon you can go to that subrace or faction representative, click on it and voila your label changes to Wildhammer Dwarf.

If you are extremely lucky, certain racists might have glyphs to change then to something more firing. Like Entropic embrace might have a glyph to change it to Sun embrace.

Such I wouldn’t expect unless or until blizzard either revamp Azeroth or do a race focused expansion they go to Legion level of detail to win back FFXIV subscribers who bailed on them.

But then, we might even get official high elf factions players can affiliate with amongst the blood elves, the void elves, and even Dalaran allowing you to be labelled high elf in game if you so choose on either side.

However LifeIsThunder is correct. As it stands, the two aren’t different races, , just ideologically distinct rather than physically
    The art director tells us that high elves are a race and that they are playable as blood elf and void elf customization.

It would be great if blizzard gave us more lore for the new races that we see in the customizations like the dark rangers! but we are not so lucky I would like to see lore about the sand trolls.

for now blizzard keeps adding blue eyed thalassian elves in the horde which a dev said are high elves and a forum mod said the place to post about them is this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Meanwhile, you try to say Void Elves are High Elves anywhere else and you have Blood Elf players flocking to screech that they're not real high elves.

Alliance Thalassian players apparently cannot have public or semi-public spaces dedicated to themselves and discussion catered to them unless it is exclusively void, and even then, it usually results in Blood Elves showing up to throw a temper-tantrum that they exist in the first place and stole from them, leading to a lack of discussion at all or people getting grated and fed up.
    I don't know what you mean? you talk about me?

void elves and blood elves are not high elves, that's what the art director said. High Elves are a playable race as a customization for Blood Elves and Void Elves.

I asked if I could make another thread to talk about the high elves of the horde and a mod told me to only post in this thread