Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    True, but yet more elves? Each faction is getting a new variety of elf already, i'd rather have something new than another subrace of elves (The "World of Elfcraft"-whining is deafening already), and that's speaking as a guy with a Night elf main...
    Let me ask you this. Who cares about this crowd ? Remember when people begged for brown orcs for years and they got more taurens, trolls and orcs ? No one asked for void elves and don't give me the argument that they cannot do them different by the blood elves. If you tell me that you run out of the ideas into a fantasy game than this is all your problem. You could do from purer skin tones to more hairstyles and face paints. There is already a thread going on about this. You could do different faces and it would still be a bonus. Back in wod people raged about a whole expansion that it is blizzard's problem if they cannot manage the design team. Now I want to hear their excuses once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    Source? Or is it bs.
    Did you play in cata?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Idk how many of you are so clueless as to the new races.

Alliance Dark Iron Dwarves, counterpart to Horde's Zandalari Trolls. Both were introduced in Vanilla and both are also the third confirmed races that are coming in BfA. They were announced at Blizzcon alongside the 4 Allied Races we already have.

Alliance Kul'tiran Humans, counterpart to Draenor Orcs. Both are a modified version of the definitive "Alliance/Horde race" (by that I mean the whole Humans vs Orcs thing).

Alliance Sethrak, counterpart to Horde Vulpera/Voldunai. Both are a new race in the next expansion and as we know, Horde will be helping Vulpera a lot more than Alliance will, so if they went Horde (which is very likely), what would be a better ally for Alliance to gain than the natural enemy of the new Horde race?

Regarding Vulpera/Voldunai: They're all-but-confirmed to be a new race, even the coding internally says it and they have way too many customization options (read: sunk too much money/time from the Art Team) to just be an NPC-only race. I don't know what other race could possibly be counterpart to them besides Sethrak unless they end up being Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    It's not a "waiting game". They've outright admitted in the past that they work on Horde content first, and Alliance second. So if there's a shortage of time, the Alliance suffers for it. It'll probably just be boring old Kul'Tirans with the bare minimum effort put into it.
    Makes sense TBH. Would explain why we have virtually all the (very impressive) Zandalari customizations (and their super-sexy Druid forms), we know of Draenor Orcs, and Vulpera are pretty much all there, while DI Dwarves, Kul'tiran, and whatever is the next Alliance race to counterpart Vulpera have practically no information.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-03-10 at 07:48 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=shoc;49033105]There are a ton of possible Alliance Allied Races.

One idea I've been dwelling on recently would be Drakonid as an Allied Race that uses the Worgen skeleton. You can see how it could work from the Drakonid Operative artwork from Hearthstone.

This concept revolves around the Mortal Dragonflights officially joining the Alliance, taking Alliance Humanoid forms out of combat. In the character creation screen, you would choose your secondary race whose customization options are based on how you customize your Drakonid form, like Worgen.

Additionally, classes would be restricted to certain colors.

Black: Warrior, Rogue, Warlock
    Green: Warrior, Druid, Hunter
    Bronze: Mage, Priest, Rogue
    Blue: Warrior, Mage, Hunter
    Red: Unavailable due to Death Knight Massacre

It would also be an opportunity for proper High Elves to be added to the Alliance, that aren't Void Elves.

I likke like this..! BUT NO FORCED TURNING please.
    I really hate that about Worgen.. (:

I know this sounds far-fetched.. Personally I think it'd be an interesting time to introduce Naga, later down the expansion, for alliance.

The biggest thing with Naga, was that "leg armor doesn't work" or, "how will they mount?". The answer is kind of simple actually. Make them function like Worgen, in a way where in combat, they're Naga, and out of combat, they're HIGH ELVES! With this in mind, They would be more "noble" versions of blood elves. They could have more impressive displays of ear-rings, and possibly the long awaited high-heeled shoes?! They could have a thicker physic than just blood elves, so their frame wouldn't be as tiny, but they could be a mix between night elf, in design, and blood elves, and they'd turn into Naga.

The Naga that would join us, would be Naga who saw what Queen Azshara has done, and broke away from the curse, just as Worgen broke from the curse, turning them back into their High Elf forms. These High Elves, would view thew world from a mindset similar to the Nightborne, in the sense of they are from nobility, yet would have more of a vengeance side of them, similar to demon hunters, doing what ever it takes to stop Queen Azshara.
    Last edited by Saralin; 2018-03-10 at 08:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly no real reason besides the fact that the Horde ones are more complete. As is, the next Alliance Allied race is the Kul'tiran Humans, because if nothing else it'd make outright no sense for them to not be playable. As for the one after that it's basically something that can't be predicted. Depending on where the story goes it could be pretty much anything, but I still believe it's safe to assume that Vulpera will be among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    but I still believe it's safe to assume that Vulpera will be among them.
    Why are people so convinced that a race that only ever meaningfully interacts with the Horde is anywhere near a 'safe bet' for the Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Either the Vulpera go neutral, or we'll see Naga/Arakkoa/Children of Cenarius added to the Alliance.

So far there's no sign of the second Alliance race, so it may be possible Vulpera will pull a Pandaren and go neutral.
    what? why would vulpera go neutral? alliance are down a race and vulpera would be great for unique druid models (everything being demifoxes) to rival zandalari, also alliance love furry shit.

How do you figure naga or arakkoa would join the alliance? its a little random to say who they would join, but id imagine the naga would prefer to rejoin their highborne cousins if anything and would never join the same faction as night elves.

Also your suggesting non-bipedal races, i just dont see those ever being added since it would be such a huge pain making them ride mounts, particularly flying mounts

Lastly, NONE of those races (Bar vulpera) would ever be allied races, they would need entirely new models, the whole point of allied races are that they are easy to make because they are essentially just reskins of existing races, naga and centaur style heroes couldnt use current skeletons or models. Arakkoa would be in the same boat, if they used existing skeletons it would be incredibly unsatisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    Why are people so convinced that a race that only ever meaningfully interacts with the Horde is anywhere near a 'safe bet' for the Alliance?
    Alliance are down a race + furries going mental over them.
    Lazy but easy win for blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand the boner people have for High Elves. We have some purple voidy ones. They're the same elves that were high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Saralin View Post
    I know this sounds far-fetched.. Personally I think it'd be an interesting time to introduce Naga, later down the expansion, for alliance.

The biggest thing with Naga, was that "leg armor doesn't work" or, "how will they mount?". The answer is kind of simple actually. Make them function like Worgen, in a way where in combat, they're Naga, and out of combat, they're HIGH ELVES! With this in mind, They would be more "noble" versions of blood elves. They could have more impressive displays of ear-rings, and possibly the long awaited high-heeled shoes?! They could have a thicker physic than just blood elves, so their frame wouldn't be as tiny, but they could be a mix between night elf, in design, and blood elves, and they'd turn into Naga.

The Naga that would join us, would be Naga who saw what Queen Azshara has done, and broke away from the curse, just as Worgen broke from the curse, turning them back into their High Elf forms. These High Elves, would view thew world from a mindset similar to the Nightborne, in the sense of they are from nobility, yet would have more of a vengeance side of them, similar to demon hunters, doing what ever it takes to stop Queen Azshara.
    how the heck do people figure naga would ever join the alliance?
    Worgen can ride horses so its still not a real solution.
    Also, i mentioned this before, they wont be an allied race, they would need a new skeleton, animations and a hundred other things. They COULD be a fully fledged new race, but they wont be an allied race.
    Besides if they are doing naga, im imagining an underwater theme somewhere, and alliance would be a lot more likely to get jinyu for a nautical race...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    I will never understand the boner people have for High Elves. We have some purple voidy ones. They're the same elves that were high elves.
    They are classic, void elves are a new twist, people want classic coke, not vanilla coke zero with lemon raspberry twist. i dont blame them, also dont understand why blizz didnt give it to them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    There are a ton of possible Alliance Allied Races.

One idea I've been dwelling on recently would be Drakonid as an Allied Race that uses the Worgen skeleton. You can see how it could work from the Drakonid Operative artwork from Hearthstone.

This concept revolves around the Mortal Dragonflights officially joining the Alliance, taking Alliance Humanoid forms out of combat. In the character creation screen, you would choose your secondary race whose customization options are based on how you customize your Drakonid form, like Worgen.

It would also be an opportunity for proper High Elves to be added to the Alliance, that aren't Void Elves.
    I honestly see drakonids being falling under a 'dragonsworn' class, there is too much cool shit they could do with that to waste it simply as a race cosmetic

As an Alliance player it feels that Horde got much better treatment when it comes to allied races, but I don't believe this is the developers' fault as it was easier to come up with cool allied races for the Horde than for the Alliance at this time. I'm actually glad that they didn't hold back with making Horde allied races aesthetically cooler for the sake of balance between factions, both factions should simply accept that sometimes the opposing faction will receive better treatment, next time it will be their turn.
    So lets just wait and see what happens for the time being.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    I did not mean to imply that, I meant to say that they are in the second batch of post Blizzcon allied races. They are overwhelmingly more likely to join the Horde as is, but as this likely wouldn't happen until 8.2 or later. As such I'm not willing to outright call it, but I can see where it's heading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    Source? Or is it bs.
    I don't think it was ever "officially" confirmed but it seems like Blizzard puts more care into "horde" storylines than alliance storylines.

All of Cataclysm is fairly evident of that. And the rollout of the allied races seems to indicate that as well. I'm not just talking about it from a "lore" standpoint but also from a relative "how hard was it to do?" standpoint when it comes to art.

The nightborne weren't previously able to wear player model clothing (they used to have variable models, like the WoD arrakoa, mantid, WoD ogres, etc); they had to be changed to allow for that. Same with the Zandalari.

Meanwhile, the dark iron dwarves, void elves and lightforged draenei were basically recolors of existing races. Yes they had some extra snazzy stuff thrown on, just like the highmountain, but the amount of work required to convert them into player races was nowhere near equivalent.

Then on TOP of that you have the zandalari druids recieving 100% new models for their various forms. While the vulpera aren't a "done deal" as far as a race goes, they're also considerably different from any other race in existence and are strongly thought to be going to the horde.

If you want to look at it from a "lore" standpoint it's not really much better. Lightforged Draenei are just... Draenei. That's it. void elves were made up on the spot. We don't have any real specifics on Dark iron dwarves so it's difficult to say anything about them yet. That, versus the nightborne, who are piggybacking off a massive quest chain and amount of work that went into Legion's development, effectively telling the alliance "that didn't matter for you at all as far as you're concerned." Additionally, the Zandalari have the aformentioned druid work done for them as well as a rich history and aesthetic we really haven't seen before. And you have that, versus the Kul'tiran humans, which at the end of the day are just slightly different humans.

So if Blizzard doesn't show internal favoritism, even unconsciously, towards the horde when it comes to development... well, their actions lo these past expansions don't seem to reflect that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Maybe the Horde will use the Vulpera aid in the beginning, but someone (Sylvanas?) will betray them in a future patch and they will end up joining the Alliance. We don't really know, anything can happen: it's all in the narrative. Do you remember the Blood Elves? One of the first race of the Alliance, one who fought with humans even before that in the Troll Wars, ended up switching sides for the words and actions of a single racist human officer.

Jinyu or bust. Wanted them for Alliance since Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    High Elves don't exist anymore.
    They do and they are very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreiOptyck View Post
    They do and they are very well.
    I think it's fair to say that the "void elves" were the consolation prize to the alliance in lieu of high elves.

I have the sinking feeling that kul'tirans are the "consolation prize" for Vrykul as well, though that's not a sure thing yet.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

We know zandalari are not available at launch, they're at least an 8.1 feature so blizz have plenty of time before they need to have the alliance 8.1 race ready.

I think we'll actually get Orc and Dwarves first and maybe even at pre patch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Either the Vulpera go neutral, or we'll see Naga/Arakkoa/Children of Cenarius added to the Alliance.

So far there's no sign of the second Alliance race, so it may be possible Vulpera will pull a Pandaren and go neutral.
    All 3 of them that you named will never be an allied race.If it doesn't have 2 legs and it can't wear skingtight armor(feathers arrakoa) then it's a no go.