Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    abusive chat reports

    how many reports does it take to automatically silence someone ?
    ive never been silenced so many times for so long in any other game, they take this toxicity bullshit too serious in overwatch

    24 days silence now for saying truth that team was pure garbage where 5 dps are obviously throwing and getting stomped
    how is this fair ? wheres the logic ? how am i supposed to communicate with retards now ?

    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    1,178
    Simple. Stop being toxic.

    You deserve ban, instead of silence.

    Keep up the great work.

  3. #3
    Elemental Lord Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,217
    Stop being toxic and be helpful for the team instead. Instead of saying "You suck" say "I think you would do better playing X". It is a big different only talking about the negative and speaking of positive things. Also I hate people that only speak of the negative when playing. Why are you playing if all you do is whine?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how many reports does it take to automatically silence someone ?
    ive never been silenced so many times for so long in any other game, they take this toxicity bullshit too serious in overwatch

    24 days silence now for saying truth that team was pure garbage where 5 dps are obviously throwing and getting stomped
    how is this fair ? wheres the logic ? how am i supposed to communicate with retards now ?
    It takes one single report of someone actually reads it.
    Judging by you attitude here, I'm fairly certain that you've been reported quite a few times though.

    Hope you get an actual ban next time around.

  5. #5
    Yeah you sound totally innocent.
    I was told I would miss my family... But I never miss from close range.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how many reports does it take to automatically silence someone ?
    ive never been silenced so many times for so long in any other game, they take this toxicity bullshit too serious in overwatch

    24 days silence now for saying truth that team was pure garbage where 5 dps are obviously throwing and getting stomped
    how is this fair ? wheres the logic ? how am i supposed to communicate with retards now ?
    Maybe you should just stick to League of Legends and YouTube comments.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Rock Robster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    1,808
    You called your team garbage, and get surprised that they reported your ass? Seriously?

  8. #8
    I tell people they are garbage all the time but I have never been silenced. You need to work on your delivery.

  9. #9
    Judging by your attitude, you deserved it 100%.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    20,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    saying *team was * garbage *retards*
    I applaud your consistency, but clearly there is a reason you are constantly silenced. Expect a perma ban here soon. I've seen silences up to 2 weeks, but beyond that I think starts getting into closing your account territory. What's the current duration you're on?
    BAD WOLF

  11. #11
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    51,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how many reports does it take to automatically silence someone ?
    ive never been silenced so many times for so long in any other game, they take this toxicity bullshit too serious in overwatch

    24 days silence now for saying truth that team was pure garbage where 5 dps are obviously throwing and getting stomped
    how is this fair ? wheres the logic ? how am i supposed to communicate with retards now ?
    The bit in bold is what's relevant.

    You were highly toxic. You deserved the silence. It's 24 days because, as you admitted, you've been silenced before and aren't getting the message to cut it out, so the penalty is going to keep increasing until you do.

    Your attitude here is the problem, not your teammates.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how many reports does it take to automatically silence someone ?
    ive never been silenced so many times for so long in any other game, they take this toxicity bullshit too serious in overwatch

    24 days silence now for saying truth that team was pure garbage where 5 dps are obviously throwing and getting stomped
    how is this fair ? wheres the logic ? how am i supposed to communicate with retards now ?
    Learn how to control your own behavior and you won’t get consequences of bad behavior. Even a fish wouldn’t get caught if they kept their mouth shut.

    It’s not my fault.
    Everyone else is to blame.
    I’m justified in behaving badly because of everyone else.
    Blizzard and everyone else is the problem here not me.
    I’m infallible and everyone else is terrible.

    It really is your personal behavior failures that cause you negative consequences and once you figure out this the better off you will be in life. Nobody accepts personal responsibility of bad behavior naturally and everyone always figures out a way to spin reality around them to justify being the good guy at all times no matter what. Just because you perceive things the way you do does not mean that is how things actually happened.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-10 at 10:26 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  13. #13
    Would be interested how often the days of being silenced are doubled, infinite? I am now on 96, did anyone get 192?

  14. #14
    I have gotten so many silences it now gave me 384 days silence. However, I contacted blizzard and explain what I did and Considered what I said to be valid and not ban worthy. The reply I got was that They ser that I have a problem silences and they have removed it and will keep my account frombeing further silenced. Because I've beem constructive when I've critized other players or defended myself for playing widowmaker.

  15. #15
    My silences are more than justified as i am really, really toxic. It really bothers me as if i want to do some communication about the ongoing game, i am not able to. Well...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Simple. Stop being toxic.

    You deserve ban, instead of silence.

    Keep up the great work.
    I disagree. If you're playing with asshats who are fucking around or trolling or whatever you should be able to call them out on it without being the one who gets silenced for it. Sure, if you're swearing at them and dropping racial/homophobic slurs left and right (I've definitely seen that) you're out of line, but "What's wrong with you fucking people? Get it together." has gotten me silenced a few times.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    I disagree. If you're playing with asshats who are fucking around or trolling or whatever you should be able to call them out on it without being the one who gets silenced for it. Sure, if you're swearing at them and dropping racial/homophobic slurs left and right (I've definitely seen that) you're out of line, but "What's wrong with you fucking people? Get it together." has gotten me silenced a few times.
    Surprise, cussing of any kind can get you silenced. And it'll be upheld by any staff that investigate such incidents too. There are ways to communicate with others without resorting to name calling or cussing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    Surprise, cussing of any kind can get you silenced. And it'll be upheld by any staff that investigate such incidents too. There are ways to communicate with others without resorting to name calling or cussing.
    Sure, and Blizzard is well within their rights to do so; it's their game. I'm just expressing my opinion, which is that Blizzard spends way too much time coddling its sensitive snowflake players. There's a profanity filter there for a reason; people are free to turn it on if they can't deal with words that might offend their delicate sensibilities. And in my experience Blizzard does little to nothing to deal with griefing in game (Mei trolling their own team, people throwing games, etc.) or at least doesn't get back to players about it the way they do with reporting for language so other than blocking players and telling them off there's pretty much nothing you can do to blow off steam after dealing with it. Especially after dealing with it for multiple games in a row.

    Random question: anyone know if there's a limit to the block list? I know there used to be with the ignore function in WoW, and I'd hope they wouldn't add one in OW considering the sheer volume of asshats and trolls in the game. I'm perfectly of about spending an extra minute in queue if it means that I avoid dealing with anyone that I've had to block.

  19. #19
    Blizzards way to protect all the "weak and innocent" who play the game. The entire world, not just this game, has become so "oh, poor me, feel sorry for me, I am sooooo abused".

    Like there is no shame in being a victim anymore, people seem to love to share their sob stories. As a result, everyone is offended by everything and the world disgust me. I was born way to late and I'm 30, can't imagine growing up today.

    So yeah, instead of taking things like a man, they let you report us instead (yes I get quite angry and toxic). Instead of reacting "hm, maybe I DO suck, this guy is right, I need to practise before going into comp" people just go "mom, he is mean to me! MOM! oh, mom can't help, well I can report the mean man instead!".
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Blizzards way to protect all the "weak and innocent" who play the game. The entire world, not just this game, has become so "oh, poor me, feel sorry for me, I am sooooo abused".

    Like there is no shame in being a victim anymore, people seem to love to share their sob stories. As a result, everyone is offended by everything and the world disgust me. I was born way to late and I'm 30, can't imagine growing up today.

    So yeah, instead of taking things like a man, they let you report us instead (yes I get quite angry and toxic). Instead of reacting "hm, maybe I DO suck, this guy is right, I need to practise before going into comp" people just go "mom, he is mean to me! MOM! oh, mom can't help, well I can report the mean man instead!".
    You really can't expect people to take hostility and insults as constructive criticism, that's never going to happen, it's 100% guaranteed to get your message discarded. In fact, even if they would realize that ie. their current pick is not that good, they might just stick to it out of spite rather than give someone toxic what they want.

    I know it's not easy to be patient when you're frustrated, but if you really want them to listen (rather than just vent) then you need to present your message in a cooperative manner. It might still not always work, but it has a much, much higher chance to produce results in my experience. I have never seen hostility (from other people) work, ever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •