Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I just want some encounters/raids with 3-5 tanks in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD

People always love whatever isn't available.
    I remember how many people complained about Ulduar trash, only for them to now act like the raid was perfect w/o fault. zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Gosh, I hope we never get back to stupid amounts of tanks like vanilla 4 horsemen. It's already annoying to keep up a roster when the difference between max number of tanks and healers needed vastly differs between bosses. My guild was already forced to upkeep 3 tank roster due to mythic KJ and then mythic Aggramar and Argus. Especially mythic KJ was horrible in the department many guilds took in extra 3rd tank for that boss progress only to ditch him afterwards as he was no longer needed. Sucks.

Pugging would look no better if you had some bosses require 2 tanks and some 5. Oh hey, we came to boss that requires 5 tanks, time to list in queue for 3 extra tanks... oh hey no one is queuing because all tanks want loot from other bosses too so they want fresh run and not one where they'll be redundant and kicked after a single 5-tank boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    That is highly unlikely to happen outside of maybe a mythic boss.

Normal and Heroic need to be flexible enough that you don't need to be adjusting the raid composition wildly throughout the entire run (one boss takes 2 tanks then the next one needs 4 so either hope your PUG members can hop between dps and tank or re-list the group every 10 minutes).

Additionally, LFR is entirely fixed to the current setup and limited by role distributions/queue times. They won't change the group composition model for it, which ultimately impacts higher difficulties by making Blizz choose between designing one encounter requiring 2 tanks or effectively two separate encounters (3+ tank mechanics would drastically change the way the fight plays out, far more than just adding in additional mechanics to deal with).