Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Battle for Azeroth Allied Races - Mag'har Orcs Preview

Battle for Azeroth Allied Races - Mag'har Orcs Preview
    These brown skinned orcs are likely a collection of the broken clans from Alternate Draenor after the events of Warlords of Draenor who are united under Grom Hellscream. It is unclear how they come back into play for Battle for Azeroth, but they are likely to be an Allied Race for the Horde and feature the option for an unhunched posture.

Unlocking the Mag'har Orcs
    It is still unknown how to unlock the Mag'har Orc Allied Race

Classes
    The Mag'har Orcs Allied Race can be any of these classes:

• Shaman
    • All other classes are currently unknown.

Racials
    Mag'har Orc racials are currently unknown.

Mounts
    The Mag'har Orc racial mount is the Mag'har Direwolf.

Native to Draenor, these wolves are preferred by the Mag'har for their ferocity, loyalty, and for something to snuggle on those cool winter nights.

Heritage Armor
    If you level to 110 without a boost, you will be awarded with the heritage armor.

Jokes, Flirts, and VO
    We currently only have a limited amount of flirts and jokes for the Mag'har Orcs datamined.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Female
    You don't need a Dark Portal... you've already invaded my heart.
    Any idea if Saurfang is single? He's got that silver fox thing going on...
    A green orc gave me a candy heart that said "I fel for you." I told him he could keep his demon's blood and clobbered him with my mace.
    Last person to hit on me learned what "hitting on" really means.
    A Bleeding Hollow shaman just flirted with me. At least, I think he did. Either he was winking suggestively or he had just sacrificed an eye.
    Just because I'm enjoying your company doesn't mean I don't also want to punch you.
    Before we go any further, I need to know... How high is your pain threshold?

Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?
    Azeroth has so many rules about who you can stab, who you can't stab... who you can punch, who you can't punch... You guys need to loosen up!
    The Shattered Hand are legendary warriors, but don't ever ask one of them for a back rub. Trust me on this one... < pained sounds >
    Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!
    I dyed my hair green once. Warchief Hellscream was NOT amused.
    You can call me uncorrupted, but I prefer to think of myself as an organic orc.
    Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. < Sigh >. I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland.

Male
    Is your mother a fire elemental? Because you are smokin' hot!
    Care to take a walk with me in the Shadowmoonlight?
    Baby, I'm gonna Blackrock your world.
    You're not just good looking... you're mok'gora-gous!
    My safe word is "zug-zug".
    I'm a sensitive guy. Please don't break my mag'heart.
    You must be a Frostwolf, because you've made tracks to my heart.

I never met Gul'dan, but I hear he was a nightmare at parties. Always trying to spike the punch bowl...
    Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines.
    The Laughing Skull clan booed me off the stage at the comedy club. With a name like that, you'd think they'd have a sense of humor!
    Try spending a few decades trapped on a planet with fanatical draenei and see how YOU like it!
    Ahhhhhh! The chiropractor in Orgrimmar has done wonders for my back.
    Stay frosty, my wolves.
    My favorite kind of music? Blackrock n' Roll, of course! < guitar sounds >

Customization
    The Mag'har Orcs offer a variety of faces, hairstyles, hair colors, skin colors and facial hair/features. You can view them all in the screenshots and modelviewer below.

Faces

Hairstyles

Hair Color

Facial Hair/Features

Skin Colors

Mag'har Orc Totems

Last edited by chaud; 2018-03-12 at 06:39 AM.

These brown skinned orcs are likely a collection of the broken clans from Alternate Draenor after the events of Warlords of Draenor who are united under Grom Hellscream. It is unclear how they come back into play for Battle for Azeroth, but they are likely to be an Allied Race for the Horde and feature the option for an unhunched posture.
    Can we stop with the AU thing.... These are probably Mag'har from Outlands that thrall openly welcomed into the horde awhile ago, leave the AU crap out of it. Hell, they even have a connected reputation... AU doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Can we stop with the AU thing.... These are probably Mag'har from Outlands that thrall openly welcomed into the horde awhile ago, leave the AU crap out of it. Hell, they even have a connected reputation... AU doesn't.
    I second this.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for Draenor Orcs!

Except they very clearly have vo lines referencing WoD (garrisons, frostfire ridge, ect). Soooo... They are AU.

"Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?"

Sounds a bit more likely that they'd be AU Mag'har to me. But... your mileage may vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would completely forget about AU and just have them be from Outland Nagrand.

10+ Year Old Account

Wink

The skin colors shown represent the clans from the AU story some of which no longer exist in outland... so, might be time to take off those rose tinted glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I wish they would completely forget about AU and just have them be from Outland Nagrand.
    And have what exactly? There are barely any legitimate Clans left on Outland to base an allied race off of, it'd be like implementing another Orc race with one difference, they're now brown, which means there's no grey, variations of grey, Blackrock etc. I don't get this argument for MU/Outland Orcs, there's not enough diverse options to base it off of. Atleast with AU Orcs you have a lot of active clans to design skintones off of.

A few joke emotes like "Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?" disagree with you

Yup sorry mate, hate to burst your little bubble but these are in fact the scattered clans left behind in the AU Draenor, and are referred to as Mag'har since that translates to uncorrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultGamer1101 View Post
    Yup sorry mate, hate to burst your little bubble but these are in fact the scattered clans left behind in the AU Draenor, and are referred to as Mag'har since that translates to uncorrupted.
    Guess so much for Blizzard stating nothing from AU would come to MU, quite trash when they had perfectly good outland mag'har to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess so much for Blizzard stating nothing from AU would come to MU, quite trash when they had perfectly good outland mag'har to work with.
    Read my previous post, there. is. nothing. to. work. with.

A LOT OF THE CLANS DIED OFF! Read up on your lore perhaps, may want to start with the Orcish word Mag'har too because it literally is a word in Orcish which translates to uncorrupted. It can be applied to any Orc with no fel afflicted skin.

My Mag'har, Upright Orc with the Heritage Armor's going to look mighty Fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Read my previous post, there. is. nothing. to. work. with.

A LOT OF THE CLANS DIED OFF! Read up on your lore perhaps, may want to start with the Orcish word Mag'har too because it literally is a word in Orcish which translates to uncorrupted. It can be applied to any Orc with no fel afflicted skin.
    All people wanted was brown skinned orcs, fits perfectly with the remaining Mag'har from outlands. Hell there's technically not that many Draenei left from the exodar but you can create infinite of them.

There's nothing to work with on Outland, though. Most of the "uncorrupted" Orcs nowadays are either Sick, Old, or Half Ogre. AU Draenor was their only true Option to go with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to know Alliances 4th allied race already. Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    There's nothing to work with on Outland, though. Most of the "uncorrupted" Orcs nowadays are either Sick, Old, or Half Ogre. AU Draenor was their only true Option to go with.
    The group you work with is neither sick nor old, they're perfectly healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The group you work with is neither sick nor old, they're perfectly healthy.
    The only brown Orcs that remain are in that little town of Garadar, that's pretty much their population which is by no means much of an army to be an Allied race. Mag'har on Outland are pretty much only fit to be included/lumped in with the original Orcs by giving them a brown skin option, there's not nearly enough to warrant making Outland Orcs an Allied race whereas with Draenor Orcs you have the clans still alive and kicking, with plenty of options for customisation because each clan had distinct physical features.

These look absolutely savage. All of my orcs can look different now