Deleted

Question How to use my essences?

I'm back to my mage and I'm collecting Wakening Essences over time.

I read about guides, and on Icy Veins, the best 3 legendaries recommended are:
    • Magtheridon's Banished Bracers (for 99% of situations)
    • Shard of the Exodar (for almost all boss encounters)
    • Sephuz's Secret (for bosses with adds and M+)

Now I have both of the rings above, but only at 940ilvl, and I don't have the bracer (and I still miss many other legendaries as well).

Should I wait for 1k and fish for bracers (leaving the other 2 useful rings at 940 ilvl), or upgrade the rings first, and then start to spend the essences for new legendaries only after the upgrades?

Upgrade the rings first since you'll be using them anyways

Upgrade exodar as its your most important ring for ST and provides massive stats.

Sephuz you dont really need to be level 1000 for m+ as if you are missing 30 ilevels of haste-crit on it its not so relevant for trash where you just need the proc and massive vers/mastery.

Bracers are nice but dont forget Frost works really well with almost all leggos except the boots and trinket, so go fish and even if you dont get Mags right away, its still good.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Upgrade exodar as its your most important ring for ST and provides massive stats.

Sephuz you dont really need to be level 1000 for m+ as if you are missing 30 ilevels of haste-crit on it its not so relevant for trash where you just need the proc and massive vers/mastery.

Bracers are nice but dont forget Frost works really well with almost all leggos except the boots and trinket, so go fish and even if you dont get Mags right away, its still good.
    shard is way ovverrated and requires your guild to work around it, belt everyday over ring.

Id upgrade both rings first and use those until you get bracers. Ilvl 1000 jewelry gives you such a big amount of secondaries

and nah, shard isn't overrated nor "difficult to use" - a second BL is broken, any non-mage is envious, and as long as you're not on a fight where the raid wants BL in the final minute of the encounter, shard is very good

Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    shard is way ovverrated and requires your guild to work around it, belt everyday over ring.
    wrong in so many ways

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers so far. I'll go with both rings, but I also use the belt for M+ (still low level) trash packs, because I find it resonable to have empowered Blizzard with legendary and the talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    wrong in so many ways
    Unless you raid in a more than casual evironment you are wrong. Can someone click BL..anyone? No? 15 seconds later... hello?

Not everybody plays in organized raidgrps... and in this case this ring is just crap.

Great for organized raiding...horrible in all (!!!) other situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Unless you raid in a more than casual evironment you are wrong. Can someone click BL..anyone? No? 15 seconds later... hello?

Not everybody plays in organized raidgrps... and in this case this ring is just crap.

Only if you're so casual that you don't know that there are drums that give bloodlust as well. So use that first to annoy everyone else that gets a slightly worse bloodlust and then your own when Icy Veins comes back up and do comparatively more dps than the rest of your group

any casual raid will have either a bm hunter or a shaman in it who can lust. even if you are the one that has to lust, the ring enables you to drums yourself after. so you're still wrong. the belt is trash in every situation also.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2018-03-14 at 10:12 PM.

"Hey, somebody lust? Anyone? Fine, I'll lust." And then the shaman hits Bloodlust ten seconds later, giving you sated.

It hurts my soul every time this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageless View Post
    Only if you're so casual that you don't know that there are drums that give bloodlust as well. So use that first to annoy everyone else that gets a slightly worse bloodlust and then your own when Icy Veins comes back up and do comparatively more dps than the rest of your group
    So, the solution if you are slightly less casual is to fuck over your raid?

Well I did some m+ vault and got 4 timewarps in it, was worth it (group was going a bit slow though, fast one wouldn't let me get so many). So not 100% true you can't get use of timewarp ring outside of raids.

To OP, I would upgrade first what you intend to use the most, as "fishing" for correct leggo is 1/12 chance (1/9 if you already have 3 of them and so forth, but from what I understood you have quite many to go through). If you have only handful of them left then it's another story. I wouldn't sit 2 months on unupgraded leggos if bad luck causes you to take longest possible to pull the BIS one out of the hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    To OP, I would upgrade first what you intend to use the most, as "fishing" for correct leggo is 1/12 chance (1/9 if you already have 3 of them and so forth, but from what I understood you have quite many to go through). If you have only handful of them left then it's another story. I wouldn't sit 2 months on unupgraded leggos if bad luck causes you to take longest possible to pull the BIS one out of the hat.
    I upgraded the rings (Sephuz and Shard), but the next drop was in a ToS hc (doing all old hc-s for extra chance), Prydaz. I still miss 5 on frost spec and the bracer is among them...

On the other hand, someone in an NH hc said that why would anyone need leggos at this point, they will go away soon. Well, I think it's still time to play this raid tier, and optimal legendaries would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    why would anyone need leggos at this point, they will go away soon.
    Soon meaning nearly half a year? I don't see anything wrong with wanting to collect legendaries as long as the person chasing them won't burn themselves out. I might actually try myself to collect as many as possible for completionist's sake since the essences guarantee steadier rate of acquiring them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Soon meaning nearly half a year? I don't see anything wrong with wanting to collect legendaries as long as the person chasing them won't burn themselves out. I might actually try myself to collect as many as possible for completionist's sake since the essences guarantee steadier rate of acquiring them.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You can also quit the game after beating lfr with that mindset lol.